It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Child's Christmas Gifts To You - The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I want to see them.

The good, the bad, and the ugly (not that any of them are truly ugly but you know what I mean).

I want to see the homemade Christmas cards, the huge glitterati ornaments made at school and given with such pride, even a favorite toy of their's that they chose to give to you for Christmas. All of it. PICTURES people!!!

My 17 year old daughter came one from school today and handed me a huge wad of taped up newspaper. "Here's your Christmas mom. You can open it now or wait." I figured I would wait right? Isn't that what we're supposed to do? "NO MOM... You can't wait... Open it now".

So in I go...

Only to discover.... Wait for it....

Introducing- Floyd (pronounced Fafloyd) Mousekawitz!!!!!

Lmao and then some. I ABSOLUTELY adore this fennec fox she made for me in art class. I would not take anything for this at all. It is my new prized possession. She is an artist (drawing, cartooning, etc.) but I had no clue she could sculpt this well. The detail is hard to see.

I know the picture could use some improvement, but it is what it is. She said that she was attempting to make him a celestial fennec fox (with his coloring) but wasn't happy with how it turned out. It was only her second time working with clay. I am happy with it and it was my gift so....

Share yours... Past and present are welcome. If I can dig out a pic of the "Hipster Fish" she did last year I will post it as well.

Kids are too awesome!
edit on 12/18/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
its upside down

i did turn my computer upside down to look at it and it is bad ass
i want one
its creepy and cute and awesome all at the same time.

ive never got a gift from my kids.
my son is 18 but i have not lived with him since he was 2. and my daughter is only 2.
i will let you know when/if it happens

i cat get over how cool that is ru

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Thank you Grovit!

It appeared right side up on my screen. I fixed it... I think lol.

It is creepy cute. That seems to be her forte.

Your gifts will be coming from your daughter soon enough, trust me. As for your son... He's probably entered the stage where he isn't thinking about it like he will in a few years.

They enter those stages where they do think about and then they don't... They mature and it's back to thinking about it again.

You'll get you some nice crayon artwork this Christmas... I'd bet money on it!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Agree that it is creepy cute! Good effort! I can see this is going to be a really fun thread! LOL

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Only if I can get folks to dig through their oldies but goodies lol. Other than that it will die slowly.

I'll have to dig out a few other things tomorrow (well... today) that really left an impression and post them. I used to make my parents some horrendous crap and maybe people's children don't make stuff anymore? Maybe they just buy it and that would be a shame because some of that homemade stuff is absolutely priceless IMO.

I have quite a few things other folks wouldn't steal, that I wouldn't trade for jewels if I'm honest.

I'm glad to see you around btw. I've missed your posts.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
That's a brilliant gift!

My Mrs and daughter are making cards today so hopefully I will come home to something I can post up. I will also post up the penguin card I received from my niece yesterday. At first I thought it was a brilliant abstract shark... you'll see what I mean in a few hours.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Thanks!
And yes... Post them up. I love this sort of stuff. It makes one realize that beauty really is in the eye of the beholder!!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

Introducing- Floyd (pronounced Fafloyd) Mousekawitz!!!!!

Jesus H. That is supposed to be a mouse?

It looks more like Gizmo after he got pimped out for a couple of decades.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Good topic as always. I think your daughter did a great job! (Although it is mildly creepy). I had to look up fennec foxes, but once I did I realized your daughter was pretty spot on! They're super cute animals.

Here's one my daughter did 2 years ago for Christmas. I'll have to look and see what else I have that didn't quite make it to "already out on display status".

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No... That was just his name lol. He's supposed to be a celestial fennec fox.

a reply to: MojaveBurning

Thanks. She would probably thank you twice for the creepy comment. She does a lot of that in her drawings as well. Being an adult who doesn't like the status quo... I think she inherited it lol.

Hey!!! A macaroni tree! That looks pretty bad arse to me!

You couldn't have bought anything out of Pier One that looked any better. They certainly give them better stuff in school to do for presents than they did us lol. We usually got some Elmer's glue, a few pieces of construction paper, and safety scissors.

They've upped their game. Very nice indeed! I would use that as a centerpiece without question.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
No... That was just his name lol. He's supposed to be a celestial fennec fox.

Well, do me a favor, don't feed it after midnight just to be on the safe side.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I already thought about that so don't worry.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Here's one. It's supposed to be a platypus piggy bank. I have no idea.
Sorry if the pic is ginormous...can't edit in my windows paint for some reason.

And an owl. Sorry, can't rotate it - for same problem with paint.

edit on 12/18/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I just love getting arts and crafts that my children made for us!! It really doesn't matter if it is the ugliest thing in the world (not saying it is)...in my book, just seeing how excited they get when I am unwrapping the gift, it make it the best gift every year. no matter what it is.

But most times, it IS the most heart warming gift you get. And it is also the one you are the proudest to show off.

My 9yo son came home from school yesterday hiding a brown paper bag....told me to stay away and that it was a suprise!!!! He then added: " I ain't telling you what it is but it's made of glass so dont touch it!!!"

The cutest thing in the world. When I unwrap it, I will take a picture and post it here.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MojaveBurning

OMG, I remember as a kid, things made with macaroni and other shapes of pasta. LOL

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
OMG, I remember as a kid, things made with macaroni and other shapes of pasta. LOL

The one above is like a Christmas survival kit.

I mean who wouldn't want to eat gold plated pasta during the zombie apocalypse.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Some great stuff on here!

So here is the penguin card made by my niece, I love it. Beak top right. In my eyes it was a shark!

And I came home to lots of homemade cards by my little girl, there were about 15 cards

Love them!x
EDIT: Obviously some help from the mums here I think as they are 1 1/2 and 2years

edit on 18-12-2014 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
So here is the penguin card made by my niece, I love it. Beak top right. In my eyes it was a shark!

If you didn't say it was a penguin my first guess would have been an ultrasound.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

OMG... I love the platypus bank!! It looks exactly like it should lol. The owl is great as well. Kids are hilarious. I think most of my Christmas tree is covered in ornaments made at school. Some spectacular, some not so much
but I would not use them for anything.

Thanks for sharing those. Do you like platypus' or is that something they liked and made for you??

a reply to: and14263

I LOVE those!! All of these make me smile when I look at them. Homemade gifts are far more awesome than store bought any day of the week IMO!

Those are terrific!!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Platypus's eyes follow me wherever I go...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join