It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yowzers I have to post this: Did paranormal researcher make contact with Robin Williams?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hello FlySolo,

Long time no see...if you may recall you were a contributor in the GhostBox thread I created some years back where I conducted my own GhostBox sessions.

Based on my findings, I for one am an adamant proponent of this phenomena. That said, you stated this in a previous post...

They know they're dead in there and they're pretty vocal about it.

Not all of them, in fact, I would say more than half of the recordings I gathered dictate that they have no idea what is going on or where they are. The deciding factor being the amount of times I heard "help" which to me resonates a call for assistance as if one were still with the living. The other deciding recording for me, was the gentleman's voice I captured that said "Help!...wounded" ...which to me indicated that he didn't realize he was more than just wounded, he was dead, yet to him...this clearly hadn't registered as he was seemingly asking for help or medical attention as I perceived it.

in a reply from ArrestMe

It's proof that what's most likely happening here is Robin Williams is being played on multiple radio stations, and by him flicking through them, he'll eventually be able to string together a sentence.

I don't know about the radio stations in your area...but where I live there is quite an eclectic mix of genres when I scan the dial...sports, talk radio, rock, top 40, country, spanish, classical, the list goes on. So regardless if it was the day of Robin's death, the odds that all of these different radio stations were playing Robin William's clips as opposed to their main genres...is quite a stretch. Now, if the recording had been something like "Can Robin...Banjo music...Come?...Green Bay Packers win...I'm...Mariachi Band music...My Anaconda don't...Dead"

...then your theory may hold some water. But as Flysolo has pointed out and as I have experimented with myself, the bands are being scanned over so fast, that even picking up one word from an individual station is nearly impossible. These voices are being recorded, in great length at times (meaning whole sentences, whereby a direct question is being answered no less)...the odds of this occurring using your theory are astronomical...imho of course.

ETA: Post containing my recordings (disregard the first 'Isolated Clips' link as it is dead...no pun intended)...
Links are at the bottom of the post
edit on 12/20/2014 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
This is astonishing since it's one of the worst examples of EVPs I have ever heard.

It's not an EVP. It's a spirit box. They aren't exactly the same thing.

You know that EVP stands for "Electronic Voice Phenomenon". Your comment sort-of doesn't make sense. A spirit box is used to provide the background noise for EVP, to create the voices.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
You know that EVP stands for "Electronic Voice Phenomenon". Your comment sort-of doesn't make sense. A spirit box is used to provide the background noise for EVP, to create the voices.

I'm very aware of that. What I said was that they aren't EXACTLY the same thing. Most of the time when people think EVP, they think of a little micro recorder that people carry around and ask questions and then record the answers that the human ear can't hear. The spirit box is a bit different.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

Thanks for respecting my share with some depth in your reply, that's the type of language I prefer. Maybe someone can finally sort through fact with fiction instead of just saying "you're wrong" without countering with any verifiable evidence or even profound speculation (*cough*akushla99*cough*. Contrary even to my own initial estimations I actually was able to provide solid evidence laid out in fact-form. In true lost-fashion he's simply refused to refute me while ambiguously claiming I've not said anything & asks again for data he obviously won't handle with any care about truth. Thanks UberL33t, I don't have to write everything out & fax a copy over in bullet-form with a cover sheet & Indexed.

I hear your points, although maybe a little too wishy-washy for the taste of this topic imo. Again I'm not trying to disprove the phenomenon as a whole at this time; just speculating on this particular case resulting from "the odds" stacked incredibly in his favor. Here's another rundown with keen additional speculation from more researching.

"Authenticity" will be defined mostly as; truthfulness of origins, attributes, commitments, sincerity, devotion, and intentions.

Points against authenticity:
1.) The man is using a "GhostBox" radio, the day after RW's reported death
Recording begins at THE PEAK of media coverage following celebrity RW tragic death, a frenzy of which was rivaled only by that of the late Michael Jackson's passing media coverage.
a.) It becomes very likely this would result in additional RW voices coming through, which is an undeniable fact, "full sentence responses" or not.

2.) NO DIRECT REPLIES. Contrary to replies in favor of Auth; the audio does not show this under closer scrutiny, retaining traces only of this man's tell-tale signs of ways to generalize results into convincing small crowds of viewers that his hobby is obtaining REAL RESULTS. Highly inaccurate at least in this instance.
a.) "mistranslated" imo is a pseudo term for this subject; he shows unrealistically optimistic translating in his subtitles. Do we translate RW voice? All Male voices? Both Genders? All voices? Which ones does he pick to NOT include in translation? Which ones is he skipping over? If you think he has rules to filter all these things out before posting the final recording, you're quite insane, & would never be able to list them, since u can't. The answers easy, he only showing the ones that make sense in his personal context. While fitting them together even more than the string of radio frequencies (imo) failed to do.
b.) Contaminating validity of "translation" by offering more convincing words as translation, rather than more accurate ones, to force-fit into subject content+context.

3.) A total of 26SECONDS of raw non-repeated audio is heard from him & RW. This is in contrast to 7 days of total session recording time!!
a.) All without any video. All sat on and edited for 2 weeks. Quoted saying all this himself.
b.) Quoted in regards to the very last "transmission" saying: "All sessions after this one had nothing else coming through". This is because a week after RW death, the radio would have hardly anything on for anyone to have patience to sit through any longer (let alone want the HOURS of audio to edit through).

It just seems so plain & simple to me. The phenomenon rode on the idea it was a.) his voice, b.) communicated intelligibly via responses back to a speaker. & most importantly (but the one most conveniently are "forgetting"), the necessity of c.) UNTAMPERED data, in regards to timeline of voices, how long after question, where were the "words", were they strung together or minutes apart? We know it's a fact most of the "replies" were hours if not days apart, and over the course of a week. If you still think he's getting responses from a spirit, and not just an accumulation of the facts I've presented here, then I sincerely await these facts to be flawed in some manner. Not some nub wanting to point out how the logic I used to get those facts is flawed. You must prove the facts flawed, not me. If you believe my facts to be "fraudulent", PLEASE be sincere & specific in your correcting me. Remember we're looking for the truth, we can only coax it out WITH EACHOTHER. If we fight, it gets scared & runs from the #-throwing fights. If you find something to be innaccurate or misleading from my end, & it's cited from a quote or other source, you would have to show me that content is false, not just #ting on the person who typed the quote.

Not trying to smear this guy, he seems a decent chap with a decent hobby. Once more I admit his video piqued my interests, if even enough to spend my good attentive hours evaluating it for a sharing post. Waiting for someone to get to the bottom of the hard-issues here, not all of them ofc, just the most debunking of them. Or I'm sorry but you lose the game gents.

Original YT Link w/ Description.

Following is a MORE accurate translation made by me of the whole transcript, whether with his translations, or with more accurate ones, none of these are responses. They were all known to be taken from 7 days worth of audio, & so never directly after the question, and none in a row. It's a play on the probabilities people, damn. Prove that wrong or close teh thread mods if there is no more participation!

Format:
First line is questioner in video
"second line is the questioners own translation of voices heard"
[Bracketed line is my translation of voice clips, staying as true as I can to accuracy]

are u there robin?
"We're waiting"
[Sounds like "Woah"]

Are you with the angels Robin?
"That's up in heaven"
[Sounds like "Headlock"]

Thankyou Robin
"F#CK" & "I must have got it wrong"
[Sounds like "HUG!" & "Muscle jogging down"]

Robin if you're there, can you come through?
"Stopping"
[Sounds like "Jogging" & "I'm Dad"]

Looking for RW?
"There is light" & "I'm here with Dad"
[Sounds like "There is not" & "Un-hear it"]
edit on 20-12-2014 by Arrestme because: BOOM SHAKA LAKA

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
If you just listen to it without the text on screen it sound nothing like what the text claims is said.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Arrestme

"...then your theory may hold some water. But as Flysolo has pointed out and as I have experimented with myself, the bands are being scanned over so fast, that even picking up one word from an individual station is nearly impossible. These voices are being recorded, in great length at times (meaning whole sentences, whereby a direct question is being answered no less)...the odds of this occurring using your theory are astronomical...imho of course." Quote UberL33t

I won't reply to the other childish guff...

Anyone reading this post will see how many times I have written almost exactly the exact same thing (as UberL33t) above.

Your interpretation of what is being said (on this recording alone) is just that - your interpretation.

...and everyone respects 'your interpretation'...but only really as much as you're willing to do the same...can you really say that's been happening?

If I was commenting, it was to the topic, in general terms...the box doesn't interest me. If I can get an explanation for the odds of what UberL33t (and I - several times) have described is happening...but, If the main claim falls under the category of interpretation of what's being said - then it's mine against yours! And every other colorblind red person on the planet...we are on an equal footing...and that's probably where it should stay...

Å99

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

Hi Uber, yes I remember(vaguely). Glad to see you stop by.

.then your theory may hold some water. But as Flysolo has pointed out and as I have experimented with myself, the bands are being scanned over so fast, that even picking up one word from an individual station is nearly impossible. These voices are being recorded, in great length at times (meaning whole sentences, whereby a direct question is being answered no less)...the odds of this occurring using your theory are astronomical...imho of course.

Another thing occurred to me. While some tend to believe multiple radio stations where playing Robin clips at the time, it didn't dawn on them that playing a scripted line where Robin says "I'm dead" may be a little distasteful? Why would a radio station play that? This is where we need to add "common sense" with skepticism. In this case I think the common sense trumps a hypothetical guess.

Not all of them, in fact, I would say more than half of the recordings I gathered dictate that they have no idea what is going on or where they are. The deciding factor being the amount of times I heard "help"

I think you're right. Help is said quite a lot and is really the only thing I can pick out. Earth is another one. Usually single words I can make out but I have some trouble and patience picking out coherent sentences. (there you go skeptics who think I eat anything). I typically get frustrated and give up after a few days because I'm the type of person who like instant results. I don't get any instant results. Then I become blinded with my own skepticism even though I already believe in the afterlife. I'm a walking dichotomy.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Which ones does he pick to NOT include in translation? Which ones is he skipping over? If you think he has rules to filter all these things out before posting the final recording, you're quite insane, & would never be able to list them, since u can't. The answers easy, he only showing the ones that make sense in his personal context

Well, I think the answer to this is fairly simple. Why present garbled audio? In fact what this shows is Huff is also critical about what he hears hence not publishing ambiguous noises. IF he had uploaded ambiguous noises, it would be much easier to discredit him as hearing what he wants to hear. At least this way he is only showing what can be considered clear voices. I know this field can hardly be considered scientific but at least he's following proper protocol by not uploading just anything. Unless you mean he's editing out clear voices that don't have any context to the question. And that would be an assumption.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Here's my problem with all these type of experiments and ghost information that is gathered from EVP's and such; you kind of hear what you want to hear. Without text it would be very hard and nearly impossible to hear what is being said. Lets say you (and I don't mean the video maker / medium personally) wrote "Dread" instead of "Dead". You would now hear "Dread"

Don't get me wrong..I believe in the paranormal and ghosts and I also think this sounds like Mr Williams but I have a hard time with EVP's!

Good & creepy post tho!

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

No, it was not Robin Williams and what was in "bad taste" as he said over and over again, was a shill faking voices of a famous dead person to dupe the gullible.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Our obsession & idolization of "celebrities" is pathetic. Our world deserves to end.

"Robin Williams" is one of the lucky ones.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Have you tried playing it for someone else without them looking?

There's nothing wrong with being a skeptic but you need to do some kind of controlled experiment. like 10 people and average out what they hear. At least to me that would indicate you're not just ba humbug and have some kind of ability to use critical thinking. Not a slam at you btw. Even scientists are skeptical of their results and need to do lots of experiments to see if they're going in the right direction.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

b.) Quoted in regards to the very last "transmission" saying: "All sessions after this one had nothing else coming through". This is because a week after RW death, the radio would have hardly anything on for anyone to have patience to sit through any longer (let alone want the HOURS of audio to edit through).
I think its likely he would have softwaare able to do this for him. Where most of it would be white noise a piece of software could scan through the whole 7 days of audio in minutes and immediately differentiate between the white noise and the voices. He wouldn't have to literally sit there with it on in his house for the full 7 days I dont think.

edit on 20 12 14 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

aw navydoc how could you. We had such a good time debunking Bashar. Now that's a fraud if I've ever seen one. Huff genuinely believes in what he's doing, Anka is just a tool with copyrights. Not everyone is a fraud.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

aw navydoc how could you. We had such a good time debunking Bashar. Now that's a fraud if I've ever seen one. Huff genuinely believes in what he's doing, Anka is just a tool with copyrights. Not everyone is a fraud.

He spent 9 minutes about the video talking about himself and then ended up by asking for likes and subscriptions. If I'm going to be a skeptic about a fraud like Basher, I'm going to be a skeptic about a fraud like Huff.

I still love you though.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

lol, that's was touching
Cheers back

Ya, he blabbed on and on and got on my nerves as well but in his defense, he isn't the only one who catches EVPs. They can't ALL be frauds can they? They're just regular folk doing what they love to do. Sure, as I pointed out before in this thread, a lot of EVPs are crap. Lots of people fall into the audio pareidoila trap but when you've listened to as many clips as I have, a paranormal picture begins to take form. I've listened to family members having a real conversation with the passed. Like full on conversations. So in theory, IF this is a real phenomenon, then it shouldn't be a stretch to catch RW. Would it? Just because he's famous shouldn't make the phenomena any less real. imo

ETA: for shiz and giggles listen to this with your eyes closed at 55 sec. Then read what it says who she's talking to at the end...
www.youtube.com...

edit on 20-12-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

lol, that's was touching
Cheers back

Ya, he blabbed on and on and got on my nerves as well but in his defense, he isn't the only one who catches EVPs. They can't ALL be frauds can they? They're just regular folk doing what they love to do. Sure, as I pointed out before in this thread, a lot of EVPs are crap. Lots of people fall into the audio pareidoila trap but when you've listened to as many clips as I have, a paranormal picture begins to take form. I've listened to family members having a real conversation with the passed. Like full on conversations. So in theory, IF this is a real phenomenon, then it shouldn't be a stretch to catch RW. Would it? Just because he's famous shouldn't make the phenomena any less real. imo

I love you man!

Here's the thing. Every deranged person who believes in reincarnation are certain that they are reincarnated cool personalities like Cleopatra or some enlightened being. Nobody admits to being a reincarnated ditch-digger. Some individual pulling up the spirit of a dead celebrity when that is all the news is suspect and really reeks of the spiritualism frauds of the turn of the century.

Does that make EVPs fraudulent? Of course not.

That one assumes that a world famous celebrity would pick this schmuck to communicate with over the thousands upon thousands of people who missed him a probability, Not in the least. Why this guy? Why then? If it wasn't RW who had died at that time but William Shatner, we'd most likely see the same guy with the same sounds trying to convince us it was Captain Kirk gracing him with his presence. If séances or any other sort of thing purport's to bring out famous celebrities, they are most likely fake. I'd more believe an EVP session with an anonymous dead soldier than a recently departed celebrity.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I've listened to family members having a real conversation with the passed. Like full on conversations.

What do you mean? Through EVP or telepathically?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Nobody admits to being a reincarnated ditch-digger

My mom had a hypnosis cassette tape...and it was supposed to hypnotize you and show you past lives. I tried it when I was ..oh...about 18 years old...keep in mind that I was born in 1974.

What I saw...was very vivid images of a 16 to 17 year old female, blonde, attractive...the images I experienced were seemingly just a day in the life of this person. I remember a ranch style home, and I knew it was Georgia...the driveway was red Georgia Clay and it was a house set back in a clearing of a wooded area. I was in the living room, 60's decor. One of the most prominent aspects of this experience was this girls music collection, records in fact in those retro style record holders that doubled as an end table, along with other multiple record holders strewn about the living room...hundreds of records from the 50's & 60's genres...Rock, R&B, Motown...

Here's the interesting part to all this...My mom said that when I was 3ish 4ish years old...her favorite radio station was the 'oldies' station that played 50's & 60's music. Much to her amazement, I would sing songs that played on this station word for word.

So...no Cleopatra...but a blonde teenage girl that was a music enthusiast...perhaps.

edit on 12/20/2014 by UberL33t because: pesky typos

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Every deranged person who believes in reincarnation are certain that they are reincarnated cool personalities like Cleopatra or some enlightened being. Nobody admits to being a reincarnated ditch-digger

I was a railroad spiker. J/k. I see your point to a degree because a ditch digger isn't very exciting, but those are just the sensationalized goofs the media like to talk about. And who's that guy from Project Camelot? He thinks he was Edgar Cayce. There are millions of other "nobody's" whom you would never know about that believe or know they were ditch diggers but we don't hear about them.

That one assumes that a world famous celebrity would pick this schmuck to communicate with over the thousands upon thousands of people who missed him a probability, Not in the least. Why this guy? Why then?

Thing is, Huff seems to have a nack for attracting the dead. Think about this for a second. Lots, and I mean lots of his stuff have clear class A EVPs of "nobody's" Joe blow and Tom, Dick and Harry. Now, 'if' he does have a nack for contacting the dead AND is already quite successful in doing so, why risk or even, why 'bother" to hoax? Here's an analogy. If you were a successful and talented oil painter, would you pass off someone else's work as your own? It wouldn't make sense, notoriety is already there . Like finding out one of Picasso's paintings wasn't his.

I'd more believe an EVP session with an anonymous dead soldier than a recently departed celebrity.

Working on that for you!

Seeing you said twice, love you too man. (ugh can't believe I said that)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join