It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yowzers I have to post this: Did paranormal researcher make contact with Robin Williams?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
Please read your own source, it says 'dating back to at least the 11th century' which maps to my comment.

As I said -
The term for Catholics dates back to that time period.
The concept is ancient. Thousands and thousands of years old.
I gave the evidence of this.
Purgatory and restless souls with unfinished business are not a Catholic invention.

The voice attributed to Robin Williams fits what a soul in 'purgatory' would say.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy
Confused as to why he said "FU*^. And just... intrigued.

Confused and frustrated. That's what happens in purgatory ... with restless souls .. with hungry ghosts ... with those in the Bardo ... etc.

originally posted by: boymonkey74
You have sold me
where can I get one of these machines?.

Check your U2Us ... I sent you a link to where I got mine.
edit on 12/19/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I recently read a book called 'The Book of Herman' and its about two living 'psychopompeii' who work for the greater good of humanity by guiding those who have passed the physical, and into the afterlife. Their roles are to take them to where they believe they need to be, so a christian would go to heaven that they had envisioned, a mormon, to 1 of the 3 kingdoms, a buddhist would re-enter physical reality, and so on and so forth.

However some who pass don't believe they've died. Some stories in that book state that they think they are dreaming and are waiting to wake up, and spend a LONG time trying to do so without success of course, and the jobs of the psychopompeii is to guide and council them with the assistance of other psychopomeii (who may be of ethereal origin) to allow them to go to where they need to be. The ultimate end goal in the book is called the 'Summerlands' which is stated as the 7th level of reality, where everything and nothing exists, does not have characteristics for it is all characteristics at once.... It is a very good read and may give light to what a lot of the discussions here are about.

The Book of Herman: The Divine Inside - The spiritual journeys of a mystic reveal your personal path to the Divine

Get the e-kindle version if you're to have a read, definitely changed my perspective on reality

edit on 14/12/19 by Im a Marty because: Fixing Gramatical errors

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I’m going to come out and say it here- I have very little experiences with EVP except for a few “home videos” I have done myself, in turn capturing strange things. But in anything I have heard/seen myself, first hand- the tone of the voice is consistent- as it is actually speaking to you versus “trying to break through”.

As much as I personally would love this to be true, I am going to say Hoax, for the sheer fact that none of the words “go together” they all sound like words added together by editing.

Yes- I do believe it is Robin’s Voice- but I think they were clips cut from movies added together to create this YT video.

I wish I could explain more what I mean…
To me I am hearing “Im- Dead” in two different, tones/settings and you can hear the break and difference between that and if someone was talking in a sentence saying “I’m Dead”

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Check your U2Us ... I sent you a link to where I got mine.

I want one too, but I have some fear related issues. For those of you who have them, how scary is it actually?

Are you using them in your homes, or only at other locations? I wouldn't want anything to come in and stay, or draw in riff-raff that might linger and try to frighten me. I don't mind being scared watching vids or listening to EVP's, but in real life, not so sure how I'd do with it.

So seriously, how scary is it?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Consider this the Killshot targeted @ all the trolls on ATS.

You guys are so incredibly laughable that really no one should care about you!
Listen up you disrespectful trolls that are telling this person to STFU. And I'm specifically targetting the trolls, not the sceptics, ok?

I'm sceptic myself to a certain extent. I'm not saying he was directly talking to Robin. No one knows and he mentioned it himself.

Anyway

Tell me a single reason why a person at that age that lives with his wife and his son would've the intention to Fake all this for fun!

1. Are you really surprised it takes about 8 minutes to introduce such a video with all the haters, non-believers? Well it's one thing to not believe something. It's another thing to say that he faked everything. As if you knew...

2. He says that he makes NO MONEY at all. How many #ty 'youtubers' are making money with their videos? (pranks for example)
And he says that he makes no money and you're still hating on him? wow.

3. Don't you think he would've better hobby besides his 'Main Job' than posting Joke videos of Dead Celebs and 170 other videos that make no sense at all just to get a little bit of attention?

Sceptics are always welcomed. People that insult others straight away are just annyoing are derailing threads (Good discussions) and should have 2 warnings and be banned after the 3rd time.

edit on 19-12-2014 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: caterpillage

I don't think Robin would be in any mood to do stand up I have a feeling. The comment he made about "I must of had it wrong" sure is telling. I wonder what he meant by that. Is/was Robin an atheist?

He probably means, 'I wish I found God instead of killing myself now'.
That's would be my interpretation if I believed it was actually him, but I don't.
I think Satan and his Angels of light use methods like this to deceive people.
They will come as angels of light offering enlightenment, unity and peace.
Just as long as you accept that 'ANYTHING is possible' And 'NO ONE KNOWS'

Actually, we do know. It was written down in the Bible. Everything was written down in the Bible, including warnings similar to ones I'm giving you now. This guy obviously thinks he's doing a Good thing, you can tell by his body language. It's not a hoax I can tell you that much for sure, at least, not in the sense that you guys think.

It is still a hoax, but a work of Satan.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
What you have to ask yourself is this, not 'is this real?' But 'how can we be sure it's him?'

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
If Robin Williams could read ATS and youtube comments he would be pissed that you overlooked and misquoted his joke. At 10:50 he's saying "There is no phone service." Not "There is light. I'm hear with Dad." He's even funny in death.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: jaccceee

It does sound more like "no phone service" than "here with dad". That's the problem I have with these, if they didn't have the words posted on the video I'd have no idea what most of it was supposed to be. This video is far clearer than most I've seen though. The "I'm dead" sounds pretty clear.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

a reply to: hellobruce

Because those are apples and oranges. The simplicity of EVP radio negates visual sightings, pareidolia, unverifiable conspiracies etc.

Except for the minor fact that he had to download this from his device to a computer, then upload it to the internet.

The "3rd party" here is the fact that you don't know if he edited it prior to uploading it, because you weren't there.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

For example, it will range from 100.1 to 150.45 and complete the oscillation in less than a second. It would be impossible for a leak to range through the entire spectrum. Know what I mean?
\

Unless you had a transmitter running on the same oscillation cycle.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

Ok, joined the echovox creator's paranormal group on FB and got some questions answered. This is how the echovox works. I was using it wrong last night with headphones only. The random sounds generated need to loop back via an external speaker and that's where the magic happens.

Embedding didn't work
www.youtube.com...
edit on 19-12-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: parad0x122

it comes down to this. Either he's a hoaxer or not. The only kind of debate that can happen here is contradiction and that's hardly enough to get to the bottom of anything.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaccceee
If Robin Williams could read ATS and youtube comments he would be pissed that you overlooked and misquoted his joke. At 10:50 he's saying "There is no phone service." Not "There is light. I'm hear with Dad." He's even funny in death.

This post here made me glad that I read the rest of the thread.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
You can hear words coming in behind, or "on top of", the cycling radio frequencies in the background. Clearly seperate, distinguishable words/phrases. You can't tell me that if you are switching through multiple radio stations at the speed these devices do that you're going to be able to piece together a 5 word or more sentence from fragments of radio stations in the background. Most of the time the words come through on top of pure static behind it. There are no stations playing on a majority of these frequencies.

Let's say on freq. 92.3 you have someone talking. You are only going to be on that freq, and those around it, for a fraction of a second. You are not going to get "I must have done it wrong" when in the time it takes to hear that you've switched through about a dozen (or more) radio frequencies. You can hear the radio people in the background, sometimes, just small bits and clips of words, but even with that these statements come from BEHIND it. Like someone is speaking into the antennae. Let's say someone had a radio transmitter, they are NOT going to be able to broadcast to you at the speed you are switching frequencies.

Example: Jimmy has a transmitter set to 90.4, and is saying creepy things to freak people out. You are only going to be on that frequency for a fraction of a second, certainly not enough time to hear even a fraction of 1 word that Jimmy is saying, yet still you are hearing full, comprehendable sentences coming through. You can hear the difference between what is coming through the radio channels and what is coming in "behind" it. Watch some videos, open your mind a little bit.

Sometimes I wonder why people who are so adamantly against this sort of thing even bother checking out the paranormal boards and threads that are created. If you don't believe in it, why waste the time reading, and replying to the threads you believe are so fake?

edit on 12/19/2014 by Ensinger23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Ensinger23

Sometimes I wonder why people who are so adamantly against this sort of thing even bother checking out the paranormal boards and threads that are created. If you don't believe in it, why waste the time reading, and replying to the threads you believe are so fake?

What do you care what I think? Don't put a message in my box and I won't have to bother…

If there is "another recording" coming in, how do I know it wasn't added? You want to believe ultimate proof by DupeTube, thats fine.

There is no chain of custody for such evidence so hoax can't be ruled out. Thats a bit different than "not believing". I don't just believe this because its on a "ghost box" on YouTube. Sorry about that.

(insert twilight zone theme)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

What does youtube have to do with anything? Your reasoning is flawed. Youtube is just a server somewhere where people can add their videos. Would you prefer a VHS tape in the mail? C'mon already.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
a reply to: akushla99

That is why I am saying it was very synchronistic, and the odds are almost nil.

I have no doubt it was a communication,
I'm just trying to figure how Robin was able to do it.

Perhaps it is things like this that will improve these machines in the future,
because eventually, someone will get a clear connection without the help of a medium or psychic.
People already have the ability, but are choosing technical routes.
Technology is on the verge of open communication with the spirit world,
and instances like these help, if people can look a little deeper and figure out what happened.

...and that's sorta the point. This guy doesn't go out of his way to source the recently departed in particular...and not all of the communication comes through as speech - but comes through in snippets of song from the cycling radio that 'coincidentally' answer a specific question. Some of the communication is garbled (open to interpretation) but much of it very specifically answers the question asked...

There are claims of convenient editing. Some editing occurs when a phrase or word that is broadcast, is spliced to repeat...and from this the detractors are claiming the whole lot are spliced to form sentences and therefore a hoax...mmm ok...I haven't heard anyone claim the recordings were NOT made on the day that R.W. died, and if I were seriously trying to debunk this, I would be checking the time-stamps on the vids etc...to investigate if even this piece of information is accurate...haven't heard (if that's at all possible)...

The major religio-posters have stepped in to give us the 'definite' explanation of the state these people are in...the Tibetan tradition explains what is happening, where they are, what they might be feeling etc...and dovetails with the 'back from the dead' stories you hear from anyone who has ever returned from the stages from which you can still 'return'...those who have gone further do not COME BACK and cannot describe what happens after they have realised that they are in 'places' that have been 'constructed' by generation upon generations of thoughtform...this is what the bardo experience describes exactly, and at the very least is consistent with this one tradition alone...the interpretations given by 'returners' only mirrors what they have been told, heard in thier life (whether they remember that particular moment or not) which is why athiests and religios alike can 'go to hell and meet the devil', because this is what the bardo experience explicitly explains will happen.

...and you described your 'coincidence' earlier on of something falling off a table...others are assailed by the perfume of deceased people, EVP's that are not heard at the time of recording - but become apparent when replayed...there is no science to these things that we know of...suffice to say that, if a person in real life was a rotter and a sceptic, or a so-called satanist, or a committed christian or muslim...their communication will reflect what they are going through coupled with what they still believe...poltergeists act according to how they can...throwing things around a room is a sign of frustration - people do this in real life...how we interpret this is another 'thing'...

Voices audible or subsequently appearing on tape can sound evil and say evil things...if this is the way they lived thier life, they will continue this until they realise what sort of an illusion they are in...but the more religio of us will say 'ya, see, this is an evil spirit who says it is satan'...people say this in real life anyway...

I'm yet to hear how these answers to questions made by a cycling digital radio stopping on stations answers using other peoples' speech, and snippets of lyrics from songs...either the videos are heavily edited, or, the radio is 'tricked' to coincidentally stop on random words and lyrics across multiple stations to answer specific questions at one point in time after the radio has been purchased (with the full knowledge of what specific questions will be asked)...

Å99

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

a reply to: DAVID64

So he's hoaxing huh? Putting your opinion aside for a moment, then the voice does sound like Robin for you to claim hoax doesn't it?

Getting back to the hoax comment...

bullocks.

The sad thing is there are con-artists and tricksters and other pretenders out there, like the person who made the video posted, who are more then willing to pray on people like you.
People like you who are so willing to believe in anything because you already believe such nonsense is actually possible.
You do not even entertain the thought that it isn't possible, because you are so completely wrapped up in this nonsense that you even attack other people who don't believe in this nonsense.

So Robbin Williams, dead for quite a while now, has decided to speak from the after life to some random trickster?
Why wouldn't he communicate with his family? You know, the people he loved, the people who mattered most in his life, the people who are MOST AFFECTED BY HIS PASSING.

It isn't that sad that you actually believe this person contacted Robin Williams, but that you actually believe and want to discuss the nonsense that this person claims Robin Williams has said from the after life.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join