It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Merry Xmas pal, nice to see you

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
This thread kind of reminds me of going out for a meal with friends, everyone's had a great night, then the bill turns up. The calculators come out. Everyone wants to check the bill, the non drinkers want to make sure their not paying for a hefty booze tab. In the process everyone's forgotten what a great time they just had and leave in separate taxis moaning about how tight their friends are. Well it's a little bit like that... not really, but kind of left me feeling a bit like that
edit on 20-12-2014 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

This thread kind of reminds me of going out for a meal with friends, everyone's had a great night, then the bill turns up.

Gak! Don't remind me! I've got a couple of those coming up and they piss me off so much. I just want to put down a round figure and leave a tip. Some friends and family want to quibble theirs down to pounds and pence and grumble about the tips. I don't give the furry crack of a rat's ass if someone's had a glass more wine or an extra beer.

I generally put my contribution in and go outside for a smoke whilst the same ones are counting the pennies out and bickering. Is it an English thing I wonder or does every nation and culture have the same arguments???

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Maybe I'm being overly cautious, but I don't want to be linked to my PayPal/ebay account. Is there an address that I can send a WalMart money order to?
$25 bucks, meh, for me, no problemo.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky
I'm with you on that one. Just give me a round number, I don't care if I'm paying more. I don't even drink so, I don't care about paying for someone's share of a bottle of wine. I'd rather just have a good time and worry about it another day. Anyway I fear I've veered the thread totally off topic. Merry Christmas to one and all. hope Santa brings you what you want.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamschist
a reply to: WhiteAlice

I cannot speak for the Mods or Admin. I believe they cannot be bought. I know for a fact they can be criticized. I know for a fact they do listen. Ask your questions. I haven't seen anyone banned from this thread or any of the others discussing this issue, and I have read them all.

Fair enough. Then I guess I'd like to ask them about this Form D (Form D basically is a statement that an unregistered sale of stock/securities has been made) SEC filing on the sale of securities (basically stock) for $350,000 to an accredited investor in 2007. Is this the "private investment group" as denoted by the 2008 Winter Media Packet that was posted earlier and removed by moderators?

SEC Filing: www.sec.gov...

2008 ATS Winter Media Packet: files.abovetopsecret.com...

It's a business, first and foremost, and a privately traded one at that apparently.

P.S. All I'm asking for here is a little transparency as I have questions because I decided to actually look at ATS itself.
edit on 20/12/14 by WhiteAlice because: added ps

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Just a couple years after that, we're mud. Suspicious, no?

Well...you lie down with dogs, you're gonna get fleas.

If you look at it from a conspiracy point of view (fancy that!), one could imagine a scenario where one moment you're the advertising darlings you mention, literally racking it in and basking in the glory of applause and smiling faces...then the screws start to turn and tighten...a post here and there is deemed a little 'off' and is removed. The applause is still going and the smiles are still there, although the eyes have a certain cold tinge.

A topic is then deemed altogether unsuitable, and is removed. The applause is curiously starting to sound like a slow clap, and the smiles are eerily looking more like smirks.

Then Entire talking points and topics are deemed definite no-go's and demands are made to remove all concerned posts and ban or otherwise curtail members who wish to discuss such topics.

You end up with what you have now...a speech limited (ironically) forum, with more restrictions on what is discussed to keep the advertisers happy over and above keeping the site membership happy, and the thing that suffers above all is the integrity of the flow of information and the edginess and quality of spontaneous thinking...and empty pockets and your hand out.

This is what happens when you make a deal with the devil.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
a reply to: sheepslayer247
ATS in a HUGE hole financially...

...Do you have ANY understanding of business? How many businesses (I mention this because you keep repeating "ATS is a business so it MUST be fat with cash") online do you own that depend on nothing but ads to survive? If you don't own any online businesses how many do you run and pay bills for? .

You keep talking about come back to reality and all that. In what world do you live where a company asks its customers ( we ) for extra help financially.

So when you go to a store and the owner asks you to chip in for the electrical bills you think that's normal? Baffled.
A lot of online sites ask for donations, however those are sites who create their own content. Where ATS creates nothing, the members create it.

For crying out loud, you guys run a company, the very notion you resort to member contributions because your business model is faulty is ludicrous.
Not to mention the whole timing in which you brought this up, Christmas the time of giving right

I applaud the members who contribute, I think it's nice to see people who are still willing to give.
Funny thing about donations via paypall, you can't get a refund.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Seven years ago. A lot has happened in the past year. We've never been shy of having private investment back in 2007 (friends and family actually).

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Cyanhide

Funny thing about donations via paypall, you can't get a refund.

It's got nothing to do with PP. Donations, by their very nature, are non-refundable. They represent a gift and, once given, can't be taken back. That's understood by any of us who have donated and probably by most everyone else in the thread.

Most ATSers choose not to donate and that's perfectly fine. Those who do and those who don't remain equal in the T&Cs. We might appear stupid to you and that's fine too. A lot of intelligent, educated members have opted to make a donation and they've made informed decisions to do so.

I used to have a Direct Debit going out to Oxfam. Man, the grief I got from some friends. They hated the idea that I donated to people in other countries. What bugged me about that was that it was my cash to spend wherever I wanted.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Cyanhide
You keep talking about come back to reality and all that. In what world do you live where a company asks its customers ( we ) for extra help financially.

So when you go to a store and the owner asks you to chip in for the electrical bills you think that's normal? Baffled.
A lot of online sites ask for donations, however those are sites who create their own content. Where ATS creates nothing, the members create it.

I don't see the members as clients of ATS, I see ATS and its members more like a cooperative, in which each part gives something, with The Above Network giving the site(s) and the members giving content. ATS without members would be like an almost empty private club, members without ATS would be individuals that would have to find other ways of spending their time and getting information and talking with other people.

So, if we donate some money to ATS, we are donating to keep something we are part of working, not something we can use like we use a store, as the store remains the same with or without us being their clients, with no signs of our presence there, while ATS is the sum of all our presences (past, present and future), shaped by what we all have done and are doing.

PS: and yes, some business ask for the help of some or all of their customers, I have seen that happen more than once here in Portugal.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Bloody Hell! Talk about drama queens and kings!

It's been said many times from the start of the thread, if you want to donate, then do it! If you don't, or can't afford to, then don't.

Those of us that have will not have any special priveledges, or be seen in a different light, just the same as those that don't will be treated no different either.

I have because I love this place, and the people in it, both the good and bad. And I will again if needed. I personally would love to see this place offer private membership, because to be quite blunt, it would weed out the crap, but that won't happen because it intends to stay a free site!

So whether you agree with what they are asking or not, just enjoy the site, because it make no difference whatsoever.

I personally think the site will make it, we won't let it go under, we love it too much. And no-one has to be evicted! How fantastic is that!!

Merry Christmas to all!!

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Simple issue here really.

No one is forcing anyone to donate. Its entirely voluntary.

So if you don't want to do it, don't.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I donated cause I been here most everyday since I think 2004? Not once has anyone asked me to pay or do anything for the entertainment I get here each day. At this point due to the value I receive from this site I'd happily pay $10 or so monthly to keep it going.

What you might consider though is find some coders and make your own advertisement company

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: woodwardjnr

This thread kind of reminds me of going out for a meal with friends, everyone's had a great night, then the bill turns up.

Gak! Don't remind me! I've got a couple of those coming up and they piss me off so much. I just want to put down a round figure and leave a tip. Some friends and family want to quibble theirs down to pounds and pence and grumble about the tips. I don't give the furry crack of a rat's ass if someone's had a glass more wine or an extra beer.

I generally put my contribution in and go outside for a smoke whilst the same ones are counting the pennies out and bickering. Is it an English thing I wonder or does every nation and culture have the same arguments???

Human behavior is global.

Probably universal.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Human behavior is global.

Probably universal.

Anything beyond "global" wouldn't be "human".

Just sayin'

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
I don't feel encouraged. I just mentioned what a friend named Fred at a homeless recreation center told me about this plasma donation place yesterday. I have not even been there yet. Again to me this would be to me the first job i have had in a while. Well income wise. i am used to getting by on bar minimums so if I was able to donate to me i would have more than i do now. So what's wrong with me not wanting to help my favorite place on the interwebs with my new found income. Again i am not selling my soul or blood. I looked it up online and it's just plasma and it's safe. I might be a little tired afterwords, no big deal. Peace i have to get off this pc now and let others use it before 11 pm, peace.

Hello proob4

I am Ripcontrol
Its nice to meet you and hear your story

I agree with the concern.. However we all have issue we deal with and get the feeling we need to help..
Nothing is wrong with that urge.. its human

I feel I must say something because no one else has covered this

You mentioned being near homeless and crashing every so often on a friends couch
Been der, three dang times in my life
hang in there

I am going to be a little nosy but please do not respond with personal details.. I am not asking for them

I do not know anyone in michigan that is alive
Otherwise I would pick up the phone and have you a phone number to call to apply for a job or two.. today

Thats my first shout out..does anyone here have friends in michigan that can pick up the phone and get Proob4 an interview or a job

main things are do you have a car, clean record, a place to shower

the next thing is a hit to pride
get foodstamps I pay taxes for this reason alone-
even if its just 67.00 thats sandwiches

get medicaid / care
all health issues taken care of

Its a long game but it can be done

If no one can make a call for work
The michigan workforce commission if they have one
will help you find work..
they do get faceless beauracrats but.. desperate employers will show up and say hey i need people..
My GF did it and found out that no one would work those hours for min wage when jack in the box paid ten an hour
(I am not kidding they said they would post it but no one would take it because the other employees were paying more)

The MWC, should also be able to help you write resumes.. or at least have the resources

Just so you know I have fought the fight your in and I am winning

There is a also the lazy man's way
Are you able to go to college
This is a play but can be done..
Apply for college and get fisfa grants
apply for the federal work study program and see if you can move into the dorms
(A friend worked this angle.. without loans.. bussed table once he was enrolled at the cheaper community college)

The last option
I say this taking a deep breath
US Military
Without a record or medical issues
Aim for the Air Force Easy day.. aim high

With a record
Army strong or semper fi, maybe the navy
I was told of one Army Recruiter who got a kid in with 27 major and minor felonies and misdemeanors
(A navy recruiter was telling me he was still in shock)

The reason for the military
free food, place to sleep..

Aim for the jobs that do not place you on the front lines
Air Traffic controller, box kicker, paper pusher..
You can hide safely in the military during war time
All they ask is you stand a few watches
free health and dental

I hope that helps you
Like SO said if you feel like helping take fred out for a sandwich and enjoy the holidays
I keep you in mind when I am casting blessings

TBC

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ripcontrol

continued

I do apologize for not being able to donate
I discussed the matter with my fiduciary, my back up fiduciary, and the business partner I have

I was told no by all three
I am limited to 100 dollars a month to 501 3(c) charities
(After all bills and other things are paid)
Even then I have to submit names and people so they can run background checks on them

I grumbled.. I have over a thousand a month in disposable income post bills.. I am just legally required to account for it

your request is pocket change but.. I was told no
I got mad and asked what if it was stock

The fiduciary said stock is different matter entirely
She called my CPA and talked with him over it

I am waiting to hear back
On the outside chance, is common stock or shares going to be available..
I am allowed to invest money via the trust that handles my money

If so I would love to buy stock
and it would give ATS capital

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Sad.

But man, after your points are heard, you're just going to keep going on and on, even after the owners tell you what the situation really is.

You can only put up with a wasp buzzing your head for so long before you finally just have to swat it.

That shouldn't be a reason for anyone not to voice their opinion. They are very tolerant. But a few people here have pushed the owners past their limit, and under the circumstances, I can't blame them one bit. Enough is enough.

Have we hit 100 donors yet?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for an account number/sort code so I can pay cash at a local international money transfer agency. A few people have also asked about that but been ignored as far as I see it so far.

@Springer
@ScepticOverlord

Do you not wish to allow a simple cash based anonymous donation option?
I am aware of pre-paid visa's and the rest but I don't want one, and what is the worry of providing your account details, I pay everything in cash and every business and even government entity I deal with is happy to share their account number to receive my money...why do you not?

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join