It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano Watch 2015-2021

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I trust everyone has seen the footage from Chile. Calbuco is being awesome. I won't post more because the wonderful internet has loads of video and pictures. However, I will direct you to the webcam. I only found it after the fact when I dug a little deeper. Volcano Discovery didn't have a webcam for it. But there is one. For the record, there's been two large eruptions. The second larger than the daylight one. It currently isn't erupting, but I can see periodic exhalations which are hard to see because of cloud cover. But every once in awhile you can see it.

link...

Chile has a couple and I angry with myself because I should have been able to find the Calbuco webcam since I was already watching Villarrica.

www.sernageomin.cl...

Here's a shot of an exhalations. Not very clear but heck at least you can watch.

edit on 23-4-2015 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The webcam for Calbuco is showing that there is another eruptive phase. There were warnings not to return because of a possible third eruption which could be larger than the second. I don't think it will neccessarily happen explosively. Because what it coming out now seems even and regular. I think the volcano has unclogged it's throat and there is really nothing to restrict flow. Maybe. It's still hard to tell how much is coming out because the webcam is not the clearest. But hey here's a picture

edit on 24-4-2015 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
thanks for ferreting out the web cams Eric, I spent quite a while watching Colima the other day.

this Chile one has dumped over a metre (3ft) of ash on neighbouring towns.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzy

Well Muzzy, you no watch no camera no more.

You may notice that Colima webcam is not functioning. I actually think I know what happened. Yes, it's frustrating trying to watch the cams. I'm not complaining. The internet allows me to peek around the clouds in distant lands and watch the steaming, streaming earth. Yes, the system is flawed. I've tried to watch so I could get some idea of a general activity level. Just as I have with earthquakes. By watching long enough, you get a sense of "what's normal". Then, because I'm a coward, I can reassured myself that the world won't end today or tomorrow. (still battle the global warming graphs and silly people arguing, it's numbers and graphs, is someone really lying... i digress) Also, I don't really get a good idea because I'm asleep half the time. I know it isn't scientific. It just gives me an idea.

Now, for the mystery of the vanishing webcam of Colima. Maybe the following pictures can tell a story... I'll edit and post them. so hold on...

Now, I may be wrong, sometime's I imagine things, but I think the guilty party was an inside actor. The accidental saboteur was a cleaning lady.

I think she knocked the camera out of position and so the person in charge pulled the feed until someone can get to wherever it is and fix the field of view. At one point I was literally watching a wall.

edit on 27-4-2015 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ericblair4891

Hey there is another live feed here but for the last few days been pretty hard to see it due to ash. When it did show the resolution was pretty good for a live feed.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
There may be a Volcano erupting off the coast of Oregon about 300 miles out.

www.oregonlive.com...

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
wat is the VEI index of the Hakone volcano in Japan?
they expect an eruption of him it seems on MSM...

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
does anyone have any idea what is going on in this livestream at Sakurajima? webcam-svo2.pr.kyoto-u.ac.jp...
Looks like a green laser, but its not visible in the livestream here www.opentopia.com...

edit on 19-5-2015 by dragonlover12 because: (no reason given)

Hmm... now its gone again. Its been there several times in the last half hour or so, for a couple of minutes at a time. I`ll try to get a screen cap the next time it happens.
edit on 19-5-2015 by dragonlover12 because: eta

edit on 19-5-2015 by dragonlover12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Wolf volcano update: New powerful eruption of Wolf volcano on Isabela Island, Galapagos confirmed
Monday May 25, 2015 14:36 PM | BY: T

As day breaks on the archipelago, the first images start to emerge and media pick up on the spectacular eruption.
From images it seems that a large effusive-explosive eruption is occurring. Tall lava fountains produce an immense ash plume that rises to up to 45,000 ft (14 km) altitude, if the estimations by VAAC Washington are correct. At the same time, several lava flows descend from the vent(s), likely a fissure on the volcano.

The last eruption of Wolf volcano, a 1710 m tall shield volcano, was in 1982. That eruption, too, started with an explosive onset accompanied and followed by effusion of large lava flows from a 1 km long fissure.

Source

Source
edit on 25-5-2015 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: lurksoften

A volcano on the remote southern Japanese island of Kuchinoerabujima erupted suddenly on Friday (May 29), blasting plumes of black smoke high into the sky and prompting authorities to order the evacuation of the island's residents. According to Japan's top government spokesman, there was no risk to human life after a volcano erupted on the remote southern island of Kuchinoerabujima. Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga told reporters the government was making its utmost efforts to gather information and secure the safety of island's roughly 140 residents. The volcano erupted suddenly on Friday, blasting plumes of black smoke high into the sky and prompting authorities to order the evacuation of the island's residents. A pyroclastic flow of super-heated gas and rock flowed down the side of the peak and reached the ocean, NHK said, but there were no immediate reports of injuries to the island's roughly 150 residents. The island is about 160 km south of Kyushu Electric Power's Sendai nuclear plant on Japan's southernmost main island of Kyushu. It was not immediately clear if the eruption would affect the power company's hopes to restart the plant, which on Wednesday cleared the last step of the nuclear regulator's stringent safety hurdles introduced after the Fukushima Daiichi disaster in 2011.

Source

Source
edit on 29-5-2015 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2015 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ericblair4891
Not often you catch something like that happening.
Watching the wall is what we used to do before the internet isn't it?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
continued from EQW 2015........post by muzzy
The aftershock area is north of Lake Akan, the crater of Akan, a volcano area. Meakan volcano, which is active, is 12.km to the SW.
Depth of the aftershocks looks volcanic, 0km-4.2km, most of them 0km
Data says eruption, of some kind. Nothing showing on the JMA Volcanic Rports www.jma.go.jp...
Here is an interactive map of the aftershocks (with elapsed times) on iki-OSM maps.
map
I had to use iki again, it's the only interactive mapping system where you load multiple icons of your own and be interacive, and pick which system to use, Google, OSM or Bing.
Lets just hope they don't shut down for 3 days for maintenance too often.
Here is a timeline graph

I don't think there will be much more, M5.0 is pretty small, it is just the fact that it is right beside a Caldera and so shallow it is at ground level. There is nothing much showing in the area on the Japan Maps for the last 24hrs. www.hinet.bosai.go.jp...

edit on 0600000015815815 by muzzy because: grammar

edit on 0600000015815815 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzy

Great information.

Thank you for posting. I was going to go looking for info when I got home tonight. It is all here in your post.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The activity is on the slight rise at Bárðarbunga after few quiet months. The eruption ended on Feb. 28th 2015 and after that, the activity has been in decline. But during the last week or so, the activity started to rise again. And today, magnitude 3.3 quake occurred near main caldera. It has been quite long time since 3+ magnitude quake last time happened there.

The activity is still very low, but it's definitely increasing over time. There has also been few quakes near Grimsvötn, which is most active volcano in Iceland, and connected to Bárðarbunga system.

Green star is 3.3 magnitude quake, just at the edge of caldera. The area northeast from the caldera is Holuhraun, where the eruption happened. There are also some quakes near Askja to the north near lake.

Vatnajökull quakes

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Toba emitting hot steam and gas fumes

More details here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
sinabung not looking okay... today's update :

Sinabung (Sumatra, Indonesia): The lava dome at the volcano's summit continues to grow at a rate of approx 100,000 cubic meters per day. Small to moderate pyroclastic flows during the past week have mostly removed the viscous lobe on the upper southeast flank.
As lava continues to accumulate at the dome itself, more pyroclastic flows are likely to occur in the near future. Authorities are considering extending the exclusion zone in the southern sector.

www.volcanodiscovery.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hey volcanologists, I have a question. I read a lot of my volcano news on the extinction protocol wordpress blog. He does a pretty good job of posting news about volcanoes around the world and what he does is puts a number before each title on the post which numbers that volcanic eruption for the year, basically, keeping track of the total eruptions for the year. The past two years he logged 83 volcanoes (confirmed by geologists) and prior to those years the average annual volcano eruptions was less than 60, or about one a week. It's only July 3 and his total eruption count is already at 62.

62. Indonesia raises alert as Mt. Raung erupts

My questions are this...does this concern you guys the number of eruptions this year? 83 last two years is extremely high compared to the norm, and now we are on course to surpass that number by far and have already exceeded the annual average only half way through the year.

And also, why is the volcano thread so quiet on what appears to be the most active year since records began? It seems that no one is talking about this huge increase in eruptions and what the ramifications are. And volcanoes aren't the only thing on the rise. What's your take on this ATS experts?
edit on 3-7-2015 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Hi Rez,

No expert here, but I was wondering also why no one has posted. I didn't want to say anything because I figured there was a reasonable answer and I would just make a fool out of myself.

I have also been keeping an eye on iceland. There has been quite a swarm of earthquakes in the area, but only Thebel is talking about that too. It seems to be quieting down, so maybe it's nothing,

Are you still at the Flea Market? I looked for you last Monday. I'm hoping to get one of your books and maybe you would sign it for me.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I only post significant eruptions. That site reports even small eruptions or maybe even a burp in some volcanoes. I know its still classified as eruption but something that is not turning into a larger eruption i don't post. I read the articles on that site and some others across the web that cover all kinds of activity going on all around the world. If you prefer i could flood Volcano Watch with every single small or lava flow i come across if you want. I go through many articles a day and on this site but just lurk back and post if it has not been brought up yet in certain posts.

On a side note glad i am not the only on that keeps a eye on so many moving parts going on.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat

Hi Rez,

No expert here, but I was wondering also why no one has posted. I didn't want to say anything because I figured there was a reasonable answer and I would just make a fool out of myself.

I have also been keeping an eye on iceland. There has been quite a swarm of earthquakes in the area, but only Thebel is talking about that too. It seems to be quieting down, so maybe it's nothing,

Are you still at the Flea Market? I looked for you last Monday. I'm hoping to get one of your books and maybe you would sign it for me.

Sorry, haven't been there yet this year. Been staying in Hayward on Mondays. In Phillips today and then I'll be at Ashland Bay Days in two weeks. I was just up to Presque Isle last weekend.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join