It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are non-human terrestrials fighting a secret war we know nothing about??? Interesting NASA footage!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Astronauts train for weightlessness in water... I too, have been in water. Simple mechanics. No need to make it more complicated than it is.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Couldn't that definition also apply to you as well? It's ALL confirmation bias depending on which side of the fence you stand.
Wouldn't you agree?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Mindless mockery is the last refuge of the bankrupt intellect

That's a great quote. Mind if I use it? I seem to get lots of mindless mockery from people who seem to think UFOs are fantasy.
...or people who know they're not but like to make you think they are....

edit on 8-12-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap

We'd stand no chance, not with our current technology anyway.

Besides, resources?

The Galaxy is swimming in resources, as much as any advanced civilisation could use..just floating around space in astounding abundance.

Resources isn't a reason to come here.

Anthropology and biological research...that is probably a much better option as to why they would come here.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: greenday1978
a reply to: draknoir2

We'd more/less have to use guerilla tactics... like terrorists to battle them. Still wouldn't be much of a fight though.

We've been fighting the fight for decades now with no end in sight, so I'll have to disagree.

Hey - Falling Skies, right?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
"And there was war in the heavens." Revelation 12:7
edit on 8-12-2014 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

Mindless mockery is the last refuge of the bankrupt intellect

That's a great quote. Mind if I use it? I seem to get lots of mindless mockery from people who seem to think UFOs are fantasy.

...or people who know they're not but like to make you think they are....

No argument from me, IMHO most anti-UFO arguments are pretty moronic, and I've said so long and loud.

It is VALUABLE to collect reports, to ask proper questions on background situations, to seek and eliminate prosaic causes -- to disseminate results. I'm grateful to those who have, they were hoping future researchers could make sense of it, some people devoted decades of their lives to it. We are better for their efforts.

The difference isn't in the bias of the speaker, it's in the verifiability of the assumptions on which the logic is based.

Nobody's say-so is absolute, you always need to ask for documentation and follow the implications of one thing being true, onto other things that consequently would be true.

What we've seen in the previous comments, often, is a lot of instinctive assumptions about interpreting visual scenes, based reasonably on methods that have served well here on Earth for hundreds of millions of years.

Suddenly, we are perceiving in a new realm with different physical principles that make all previous recognition algorithms not just obsolete, but misleading.

That's why I asked simple questions such as -- are the scenes viewed in daytime [sunlit] or nighttime [dark].

Nobody raised on Earth starts out knowing how to adjust interpretative wetware in the brain to visual conditions in space. A few have experienced it or watched closely as others did. There's one main thing they learn. It's UNEARTHLY.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Couldn't that definition also apply to you as well? It's ALL confirmation bias depending on which side of the fence you stand.

Wouldn't you agree?

No.

The difference is, when Phage makes an assertion of fact to support an interpretation, you can rely on that statement being backed up by documentation, by accepted research, by sound reasoning.

He's such a pain in so many butts, you KNOW there's a posse out there looking up EVERYTHING he says, to find him wrong.

Their silence is deafening.

Usually, the assertions of 'fact' by the UFO enthusiasts are things they THINK ought to be true, or wish WERE true to support their views, or misremembered from some cable TV crockumentary, but when asked for documentation, they ignore the request, accuse you of being a paid shill, or fade away and come back under a new screen name.

Keep an eye out for such a pattern. It's very telling.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I always enjoy your highly educated posts...

What is your favorite UFO case ?

If you do indeed have a favorite...Thanks

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows
Could have... they also could have met time traveling humans from the future, they could have met demons from the spirit realm, they could have willed beings into existence, they could have written it as entertaining stories, they could have used psychological archetypes to relate stories, they could have experienced a glitch in the matrix.

But I mean, one would expect their knowledge would have been far better of space and physics if they had met spacefaring aliens...

I know, right? Just last week I met this guy who claimed to have met Albert Einstein, but the strange thing is, when I asked him to explain E = mc2, the guy was clueless! You'd think having met Einstein that this guy would know E=mc2 inside and out.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The problem with that video in the op is that it is of a hologram. This is further exacerbated that the video itself is a hologram...all the way tothis very forum and those reading it. This suggests that there is a war, either ancient or future. involving holographic entities against other holographic entities. But some of thse holographic entities are not and are real and just masquerading as holographic entities, which begs the question can you really trust me and I,you? Are we ancient enemies? Can I jet off in my cigar shaped mothership to time travel back to the 1500's to create false hlograms to confound you today, tomorrow or next week?

So you see you have already lost because there was never anything to win in the first place. 99 percent of you will ignore this post, but you do at your own peril cos we have a war to win against a technologically advanced armada coalition of holo-entities.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: taoistguy
The problem with that video in the op is that it is of a hologram. This is further exacerbated that the video itself is a hologram...all the way tothis very forum and those reading it. This suggests that there is a war, either ancient or future. involving holographic entities against other holographic entities. But some of thse holographic entities are not and are real and just masquerading as holographic entities, which begs the question can you really trust me and I,you? Are we ancient enemies? Can I jet off in my cigar shaped mothership to time travel back to the 1500's to create false hlograms to confound you today, tomorrow or next week?

So you see you have already lost because there was never anything to win in the first place. 99 percent of you will ignore this post, but you do at your own peril cos we have a war to win against a technologically advanced armada coalition of holo-entities.

Quite an interesting take. I've never heard this argument before. What has led you to this conclusion?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

originally posted by: Ridhya
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows
Could have... they also could have met time traveling humans from the future, they could have met demons from the spirit realm, they could have willed beings into existence, they could have written it as entertaining stories, they could have used psychological archetypes to relate stories, they could have experienced a glitch in the matrix.

But I mean, one would expect their knowledge would have been far better of space and physics if they had met spacefaring aliens...

I know, right? Just last week I met this guy who claimed to have met Albert Einstein, but the strange thing is, when I asked him to explain E = mc2, the guy was clueless! You'd think having met Einstein that this guy would know E=mc2 inside and out.
A lot of these people that we talk to on this forum are simply here for attention.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

Wouldn't you agree?

No.

The difference is, when Phage makes an assertion of fact to support an interpretation, you can rely on that statement being backed up by documentation, by accepted research, by sound reasoning.

He's such a pain in so many butts, you KNOW there's a posse out there looking up EVERYTHING he says, to find him wrong.

Their silence is deafening.

Usually, the assertions of 'fact' by the UFO enthusiasts are things they THINK ought to be true, or wish WERE true to support their views, or misremembered from some cable TV crockumentary, but when asked for documentation, they ignore the request, accuse you of being a paid shill, or fade away and come back under a new screen name.

Keep an eye out for such a pattern. It's very telling.
I'm starting to like the guy already. But I was curious about something. There is really no way to prove that life other than homosapien life exists here on earth. If we could prove that using evidence we've obtained then I believe it likely that we would get a knock at the door from a government agency. If one of these agencies flat out admitted certain things, would he believe the government, or try to debunk the information?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

DENY IGNORANCE

I am not ignoring you I applaud you for sharing your opinion, so thank you for sharing. I also agree to some point with what your saying, in that this matrix or universe as we see it is an illusion of sorts.

Yes this war may come illusion vs illusion of course the more powerful illusion will win, there is strenth in unity and weakness in division.

Yes time traveling back and making illusions is a great technique, but only works on those who are ignorant of the absolute truth of the singularity. Lets call it the big bang or god to be simple.

If you have an illusion up against an all knowing singularity the singularity wins every time in every time all the time in various dimentions.

All with a begining will have an end, alpha and omega it can be no other way, and this battle is already over even before it has begun as it transends time and space as well. The universe will end in a singularity, there is no other way to go, nor is there an escape from the singularity.

You might find it difficult to defeat that which has no ego, for example a robot which is programed to have no sense of self awareness might be difficult to overcome as it may be devoid of ego.

However if its opponent is a knower of truth/singularity even the particles/elements that make up the said robot would have an ego for example the perodic table, there is a illusive division in the very nature of matter which would lead to its final defeat. Meaning if the robot hasnt percieved the absolute truth of unity and evolved to the point of a singularity it in the long run is doomed to faliure.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Quite an interesting take. I've never heard this argument before. What has led you to this conclusion?

Common sense. And a bit of critical thinking: By the nature of a hologram, all parts of it contains a reflection or connection to all other parts+ This is its nature and thus is our nature.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Exactly. The essence of Truth and Reality lies in their existential and psychotic sentience and contradiction. Like,if a robot is truly advanced then can it eat cake for real? Additionally, can she genuinely enjoy it? I have to disagree with both you and myself.

edit on 8-12-2014 by taoistguy because: I haven't edited this.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: greenday1978

So are they going to defend the Earth, or protect their borders from potential liberators? What say you?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
If what we are seeing aren't "ice crystals."

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

If what we are seeing aren't "ice crystals."

I would agree these appear to be space craft of various sorts, it doesnt however look like a war is going on.

To that point if they are not being shot at as we usually see with such videos these must be either earth space forces or they are craft that have clearance to fly to and fro without being shot down.

BTW all major world powers can shoot down space objects at will, so if they arent being shot down they are cleared to fly on by.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join