It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to end the civil unrest in the country? DOJ style

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Does anybody notice the craziness going on around the country, and the hate brewing towards cops and between every race, religion, gender, sexual preference etc, etc...?

I have this theory that that this all stems from lawmakers, with the blessing of judges, creating for profit laws.
Those profits are ginormous and will be protected at all costs.

You need to look no further than the admin approved race baiting articles going on.
Some of this is clickbait, but some appears intentional.

We are the leading country for incarcerations and this isn't because we are bad.
This is because there are more laws than could be ever understood.

If the war on drugs was ended immediately, with exception to selling to minors and manufacturing hard drugs, then everyone whom has had a record of a drug related crime were also expunged, they may have a chance that everyone who didn't get caught or didn't make the mistake of using have. There is just no fight left for employment when you know you won't be hired and it's not worth the gas to even try.

The biggest problem of the justice system, is its ran by a bunch of corporate think tank type people on the lawmaking side, with one thing in mind..money, not justice.

People make mistakes, more so in bad environments. When they do they get arrested, pay their fines, do the time etc... but after this they are branded a criminal.

The system then creates a public record for them, this isn't removed, even after your death.
You have just entered the cyclic trap known as the justice system and will probably not be able to get an honest job again.

It's quite clever if you think about it..exploit the weaknesses of the human mind, in particular addiction.
You are almost guaranteed a endless loop of revenue this way. Add a few more kickers like probation and parol to help increase the recidivism rate to almost 100% and its money, money, money, mon-ey.

This is all fine at first and easy to hide under the "good" it causes, until those numbers multiply.
Those unemployable people like everyone else, enjoy sex too. Probably unable to afford birth control, making matters worse. Increasing past a point were good people will be safe, or cop will be able to control.

Pretty soon you have a large chunk of the population feeling oppressed. Cops getting sick of dealing with it, and everything you see going on today. A few incidents will set it all off and it will just get worse. Police militarization to protect the status quo is futile.

If I was in charge, I would end the drug war effective immediately, tax marijuana and use the proceeds to fund drug education with facts, and create public colleges from it.

I would also make changes to this life destroying record system aside from serious crimes.
Break the cycle.

This would free up the police to fight real crimes.
I think if obama had had half a brain, he would go after this, not just try and band-aid it with more surveillance.
I think we need to petition this, but I write like crap.lol

What say you ats'ers?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Damn right! End the war on drugs and we will have corrected many of America's problems. So many issues here can be tied back to the war on drugs. It's not like there isn't precedent for this either. We already went through Prohibition and found out that legislating morality just screws everything up. Yet here we are doing Prohibition 2.0.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
There is no real way to stop this. This is just a symptom of a larger problem of massive poverty, unemployment, and inequality in the population.

The whole race-bait, anti-cop thing is really just the most readily concrete thing that people have to rally against. This is Occupy Wallstreet 2.0, basically, except that this time there are specific examples to unite the populace under one banner of anti-militarization of the police and there are specific demands and steps that can be taken this time.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I've said repeatedly in the last couple weeks that the system itself needs changing. People focus on the police, and not on the root of the problem which is the laws and lawmakers. If change were initiated at the top of the tree, the bottom of the tree would follow suit. Cycling people in and out of the position of "officer" without doing anything to get to the root of the actual problem isn't going to change anything.

"Cops shouldn't enforce laws that aren't fair" was one comment I received in reply. Okay, run that out to the end: who wouldn't enforce that law? The good cops who recognize it's a crap law. So then what happens? They get fired, or get reassigned to writing parking meter violations. Who fills the void? A cop that will enforce that law purely because it's the law. How has that solved the problem?

Treat the root of the problem, not the leaves of the problem. Are there crap cops? Sure. Just like there's crap firemen, crap garbage collectors, crap retail clerks, crap any job you can come up with. But the bad cops aren't going to go away without a systemic change. There's been bad cops since night watchmen walked around a hunter-gatherer camp at night. Just like there's been bad people in general since the dawn of time.

There's a proposed bill in New Jersey that would, in essence, make it a crime for a person to lie to get laid. Meet a guy at the bar, he says he's a big shot stockbroker with all kinds of money, you go home and sleep with him. Next day you find out he works at Target folding t-shirts. Guess what, you can file a complaint and get him arrested for 'rape by deception' thanks to this wonderful law! (Though it's not a law yet, just a proposed bill) That's the kind of crap that needs to be halted and done away with.
edit on 5-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: got distracted and hit submit too early

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

First you'll need to clarify just what are a police officers duties.

You see the idea that they are there to 'Protect and Serve' is a fallacy...
their real reason for being is not to protect or prevent crime... there real purpose is to catch criminals after they have committed a crime... The rules for the apprehension of said bad guys is well outlaid by the rules of deadly force.

So the mistake everyone was is making is to think of them as nice helpful people who are there to look out for us, take care of us, be that go to guy when you need a hand... That is a very wrong assumption.

They exist as a entity solely to catch criminals after the commission of a crime and to present those to a the judicial system for punishment... that's their job...anything else is done for good PR.

With that said... why is everyone duping on the cops?

Every month 123 black men kill other black men.

According to the US Department of Justice, blacks accounted for 52.5% of homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with whites 45.3% and Native Americans and Asians 2.2%. The offending rate for blacks was almost 8 times higher than whites, and the victim rate 6 times higher. Most murders were intraracial, with 84% of white homicide victims murdered by whites, and 93% of black victims murdered by blacks

according to those same stats it's 4 times more likely for a black man to murder a white man than it is for a white man to murder a black.

So this whole notion of racially motivated persecution of black men by white cops is ludicrous...
what we really have here is more BS... inciting by people like Reverend Al Sharpton and Louis Farrakhan Muhammad, Sr. leader of the religious group Nation of Islam... turning a routine incident where cops, doing their jobs by apprehending said bad guys, have that turned into some huge anti black issue and getting everyone all riled up for the sake of promoting their own agenda's.

As for me I don't trust a cop further than I can throw one... But I don't believe a word of any of that protester diatribe they pass off as truth.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

We are the leading country for incarcerations and this isn't because we are bad. This is because there are more laws than could be ever understood.

The present system is about more than money. It's about control, ownership, and slavery. Which in turn, guarantee perpetual wealth.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
You have no idea how hard it is to get a job with a record.

Actually it's nearly impossible for the first five years and then it's still totally inpossible.

I don't even try anymore unless I have an in with someone.

I literally have no upward mobility, no chance at a future and everyone expects me to sit here and take it (explicit analogy here).

Nope. If I you give me the option of fighting or having nothing to live for guess what I'm going to do?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Cross the street in the wrong place. Pay a fine. Pee in a bush. Pay a fine. Build a room on to your own home. Pay a fine.
Almost all laws are created to squeeze money out of people.
Do a bad job that costs lots of people while working for a big bank or insurance company. Get a big bonus .
This system can only go on so long before it destroys itself and it has already started to crumble. ....tthe dam has a Crack in it , how much longer can it stand?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I know just how you feel...I was deemed a criminal about 10 years ago when my love for gardening and partying collided. It has been nothing but a nightmare. My choice was harmless and not on the legislators approved list of intoxicants. An absolute joke. Funny thing is, I was busted when a drunk did a home invasion on me and put me in the hospital.

I was lucky enough to have a business and construction background and was known as the guy that got it done right, the first time, but most of my networking had to be done with already established relationships.

Long story short, I had the privilege of help from family to get into investing after the housing mrkt took a dive. I will tell you what, I would be right along side the protestors with my own reasons, unfortunately it wouldn't be good, because I probably would't have the patience to sit with a sign chanting for change.

I watch things like the ex gov of New Mexico, after wrecking lives with mj laws now leaving to head up a multi million dollar mj company, while laws are put in place limiting those with a record from doing the same.
You can guess my stance on that issue.

I just try and influence as many as possible, so maybe I can get a judge or governor to pardon me, but I'm not holding my breath.

It really is a nightmare when you want to start a family and can't see an option other than up and leaving the country and leaving you current friends and family behind.

At that point, I say f the depressing outlook and do whatever it takes to survive. Unjust laws are meant to be broken( w/o harming anyone), if you can push it into a legit business, all the better.

Push on, persevere and fight the mofo power...imho

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

Exactly right..I've been trying to do a self sustaining a-frame project in Colorado. Nothing but a complete joke.
No, you can't drink the chemical free, 10ppm rainwater, you must use our 500ppm fluoride, pesticide, arsenic, chlorine, pharmaceutical, bacteria infested water source, and pay for it.lol

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: NoTouching

Exactly, divide and distract. I'm starting to see more people finally realize the game. It's gonna be up to the gov to address this at some point, or it is going to get nasty. Simple math shows we are fubar'd on the current path.

Maybe we can all at least get nice tools in our prison factories?!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Wasn't your conviction for a violent crime? I don't think that's one of the things the OP suggested making go away.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

which ex-gov was that? not gary johnson i hope!
edit on 12/5/2014 by JamesCookieIII because: (no reason given)

top topics

join