It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of car running over protestors in Minneapolis

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Domo1

And so are some protestors.

Love Subarus.

Right...

That man is in jail being charged with attempted murder, assault, reckless endangerment, and will go to the pen.
Also how many civil law suits will he be charged with. His life will never be the same and his family will suffer and be branded
as well.

And you are cheering his actions...........?

www.kare11.com...

He freaked out being surrounded by a mob and decided to flee .. police are apparently believing him because he has not been arrested. Considering how the racist crowd reacted immediately to the car moving towards the crowd (attacking it instead of getting out of the way or helping anyone who might be injured) I'd say it's highly unlikely he would be charged. Honestly anyone who is white should consider themselves in grave danger around these mobs.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Seriously I can't believe some of the # I've read on this thread defending this guy. This guy just plows through a crowd of people for no reason but most of you are so completely biased at this point even common sense has flown out the window.

Watching the video you can see the driver was in NO Danger. He's just sitting there behind the white car without anyone else around him. He then Illegally passes the car in front of him which is stopped directly into the crowd. Meanwhile to his Left other cars are passing safely through the crowd without any problem.

You people are making excuses that would never be allowed by so many intelligent minds in any other situation. Seriously, watch the video and tell me how it's justified or how he was in any danger at all before he decided to drive through this crowd of people.

You people are IMO completely f**ked in the head.
edit on 26-11-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rockpuck
He freaked out being surrounded by a mob and decided to flee .. police are apparently believing him because he has not been arrested. Considering how the racist crowd reacted immediately to the car moving towards the crowd (attacking it instead of getting out of the way or helping anyone who might be injured) I'd say it's highly unlikely he would be charged. Honestly anyone who is white should consider themselves in grave danger around these mobs.

Freaked out because of the "Racist Mob" you say. Well, let's look at this video and see that Dangerous, Racist Mob for ourselves.
Police: Driver who lurched into crowd was 'attempting to flee from the mob'

What I see is People calmly walking around protesting in a completely legal manner. Old People, Young People, White People, Black People, etc. Not a Racist Mob. Calling them a Racist Mob makes you the RACISTS not them. Pull your head out!!

Here's a little background about your frightened innocent driver too BTW:

Rice’s mother said in an interview that he was coming home from work and “didn’t even know what was going on” when he encountered the crowd of several hundred blocking the intersection.

Rice’s driving history in Minnesota includes three drunken driving convictions, with the most recent coming in 2003, according to court records. He’s also been convicted of driving with an open liquor bottle, and driving after his license was canceled and in violation of restrictions placed on his license. The most recent of these convictions came in early 2008.

All of Rice’s convictions have been either for misdemeanors or gross misdemeanors. His sentences have included fines and probation along with stints either in jail or the workhouse, court records show.

State officials said Rice has a valid driver’s license.

That's right. Alone, no family or scared kids in the car. Just some dumb ass on his way home from work with a history of driving convictions. You people are just blind to your own hatred and confusion. I don't know if it's a race thing or what but your comments and bias is crazy out of line on this one.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit
I'm not sure I'd give a flying frack what the law states if I was in the middle of a mob of angry people who might pull me out of the car, lol, why are we quoting traffic laws here, that's not normal traffic your driving in that's the start of doomsday... Maybe if the Aliens arrive i'll pay attention to stop signs on my way out of the city lol, be sure to put the recycling bin out before I abandon my house.... sheeesh

WTF, Doomsday...Aliens arriving??? Get a f*cking grip. The unreasonable amount of fear oozing from you is a bit much, Drama Queen.

Ya, frack the law!! You're stressed out and in fear so Anarchy and Illegal actions are ok, huh??? Who sounds like the Mob now???

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
Seriously I can't believe some of the # I've read on this thread defending this guy. This guy just plows through a crowd of people for no reason but most of you are so completely biased at this point even common sense has flown out the window.

Watching the video you can see the driver was in NO Danger. He's just sitting there behind the white care without anyone else around him. He then Illegally passes the car in front of him which is stopped directly into the crowd. Meanwhile to his Left other cars are passing safely through the crowd without any problem.

You people are making excuses that would never be allowed by so many intelligent minds in any other situation. Seriously, watch the video and tell me how it's justified or how he was in any danger at all before he decided to drive through this crowd of people.

You people are IMO completely f**ked in the head.

the driver was in NO Danger

What an arrogant and optimistic assumption make.

What in the hell do you know?

Were you on the ground and in the mix? That crap gets really old.

Your not the purveyor of danger and the feelings of those who, at their discretion, feel THEY are in it.

You've got some nerve!

edit on 11/26/2014 by TiedDestructor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

I've got some nerve you say?? Arrogant and Optimistic, whatever the hell that's supposed to mean...

Here's an idea, why don't you show me in the video where this guy was in so much danger before he decided to run these people over??? Huh, show me that Dangerous Mob you seem to be in fear of....

Apparently I am the Purveyor of danger just as much as you are. Atleast I have eyes and can watch multiple video's showing what happened without running for the hills like some crybaby, afraid of his own shadow.....or, god forbid some people gathering in the street.....

I'd say you've got some nerve whining about some douche who drives his car into a crowd of people rather than giving two sh*ts about the 16 y/o girl who got ran over!!

Spare me the indignation routine. Go ahead and get pissed at me and call me names if you want, that's fine, but while your at it why not put up a valid argument too, if you can????

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

I noticed you skipped right over the second post I made as well. Gee can't imagine why you'd do that?? Maybe because it shoots massive holes in you pity party claims about this poor scared driver.

I love these gems of wisdom however....

Too bad more don't teach their children about being a cautious pedestrian...not jaywalking...ect.

(Hint...gtfo the road!)

Being a cautious pedestrian doesn't include having to expect some idiot going from a perfectly safe stopped position in the road to them just pulling straight into a crowd of people for no reason. But go ahead and defend the 40 y/o man behind the wheel of a car instead of the 16 y/o girl walking across the road who get's her legs run over because that man is scared of people gathered together protesting.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

In regards to you stating that they were "protesting in a legal manner" I say that is false because they were in the middle of the street impeding traffic.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

City officials said Wednesday that organizers did not need a permit to hold their protest, despite concerns about the potential disruptions to traffic.

Sometimes a large group of people cross the street. If that group is protesting, you might expect it to be a bit chaotic. I've been driving for over 20 years and I know I've come across similar situations without having to run people over in terror. Plus the other vehicles seemed to adjust without losing their minds in panic.

But I'll give you at the very best, some people were jay walking. Ok fine. I didn't realize that meant they are then fair game to be run over with a vehicle. I mean you're a cop aren't you??? Did you watch the video's??? There's a few of them showing exactly what happened. Are you actually going to say this guy was in the right more than these people walking on the street??? Honestly....

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I don't like angry mobs that violate the law.

That being said I wasn't there, neither were you.

You do not know what the driver saw, heard, or felt.

You do not know how he ended up going right when the other vehicles went left.

You have no idea of his intentions, nor do I for that matter.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Did you watch the video's??? Nobody was angry until the dude started running over people!!

He's stopped with nobody near him. Then just pulls to the right, around the stopped car in front of him and runs people over.

Look at the people in the video. I see regular citizens. Some of them dressed nice. Some of them old, some young. Many of them white. None of which are acting crazy but mostly just walking casually like in any other crowd.

Hell, I've seen more dangerous crowds trying to get into the bathroom at the bar or ball game.

Neither of us were there, you're right. But we have video evidence of the actual event as it happened. Just watch it. Watch it a few times, I have. Why??? Because I like to look at the evidence that's available and make up my own mind. I welcome you to try it too. You'd be amazed by what you might come up with....

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

You have no right to impede traffic, you have no right to induce panic. I do have the right, however, to defend my self with deadly force if I feel my life is in danger. We have seen time and time again the danger that mobs pose to drivers.

Now, you can sit there and play blind man all you want, but here are the facts, the driver is not in jail and was not charged.
Be it known to all of you that would participate in mob activities and attempt to block traffic, those of us with the guts to defend ourselves are going to run you down, I have no responsibility or inclination to give you the benefit of the doubt that you won't drag me out and beat me like Reginald Denny.

You may sit here and try to justify these protesters actions, have at it, but you have been duly warned that your foolish actions will have grave consequences.

If you threaten me or mine with violence believe me you'll get more than you bargained for, those of us that are law abiding peaceful citizens are sick of your snip.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rockpuck

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Domo1

And so are some protestors.

Love Subarus.

Right...

That man is in jail being charged with attempted murder, assault, reckless endangerment, and will go to the pen.
Also how many civil law suits will he be charged with. His life will never be the same and his family will suffer and be branded
as well.

And you are cheering his actions...........?

www.kare11.com...

In this case, it has nothing to do with being white when the majority of the protesters were white
See the video again from one of the protestor cams

edit on 27-11-2014 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

You have no right to impede traffic, you have no right to induce panic. I do have the right, however, to defend my self with deadly force if I feel my life is in danger. We have seen time and time again the danger that mobs pose to drivers.

LOL Wow, what a power speech!! Queue the violins and American Flags!!

Keep these remarks fresh in your mind as I proceed to illustrate what a crock of sh*t they amount to and what a fool and coward anyone would have to be to make them.

Now, you can sit there and play blind man all you want, but here are the facts, the driver is not in jail and was not charged.
Be it known to all of you that would participate in mob activities and attempt to block traffic, those of us with the guts to defend ourselves are going to run you down, I have no responsibility or inclination to give you the benefit of the doubt that you won't drag me out and beat me like Reginald Denny.

Oh yes, it must be me who is blind to the facts is it?? We'll see about that.

OMG, oh yes how gutsy you are too sir as you fight against the "angry mob" so you won't become a victim like that one guy almost 30 years ago in a different city during a completely different situation. Well, don't worry we'll be looking into what gut's it must take to sit safely behind the wheel of a car and drive through a crowd of people who are causing no threat to anyone. We're going to see first hand how courageous it is to also drive over the legs of a 16 y/o girl like any real man would do!!

You may sit here and try to justify these protesters actions, have at it, but you have been duly warned that your foolish actions will have grave consequences.

If you threaten me or mine with violence believe me you'll get more than you bargained for, those of us that are law abiding peaceful citizens are sick of your snip.

Oh really?? Have I been duly warned by the p*ssy who thinks it takes a real man to drive his car over 16 y/o girls??? You know I'm sure you're real scary and dangerous in your nice little fantasy world you've built around yourself, however I honestly doubt you have what it takes to face the massive amounts of FEAR you must carry inside yourself to be so blind as to equate Courage with a 40 y/o man driving his car over an innocent 16 y/o girl crossing the street while she exercises her RIGHT to peacefully protest as guaranteed in the Constitution.

So now without further BS claims cowardly remarks from you, let's look at some actual EVIDENCE of what really happened outside your paranoid fantasy shall we??

Here we have the start of the video showing the car circled in Green in a stopped position with NOBODY else anywhere near the car. Also notice in yellow how other cars seem to be able to easily go around the crowd without any trouble at all.

Here we have the car just a few seconds later as it decides to go around the stopped car in front of him and proceed into the crowd of people. Notice again how there is still NOBODY moving toward the car or showing any aggression at all to this man as he's about to plow into a crowd of people for NO REASON.

Now let's look at what you consider a dangerous violent mob that threatens everything you hold sacred. This is a picture of your hero as he parks on the legs of a 16 y/o girl who he just ran over. Take special notice to the "Tiny Terrorist" just below the green sign in the background. Yes, that is child. Probably with 10x the man you are being as he's there in the midst of such mob activities. Also look at all the other members of the mob as well like the well dressed men and women. Yes sir, a crowd of innocent Women and Children. We now have the face of our enemy!!!

Last let's look at the most dangerous one of all. Yes, that dangerous 16 y/o girl who so valiantly promise to drive over with your car!!!

Oh yes, now there is truly the face of evil in the world. How we must fight against these dangerous little girls as only the most brave of men can do!!!

How proud you and your family must be. How safe your wife and daughter must feel when with you knowing that you would certainly run over women in your car because you run in fear when there is no danger present.

All joking aside, you need to pull your head out, screw it on straight, grow a pair and stop hiding under the bed of life and cowering in fear from your delusions!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

As I said,,,,,stupid protesters.

Just the ones that thought getting in front of the vehicle was a smart move. Darwin theory at its best....

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Seriously I can't believe some of the # I've read on this thread defending this guy.

I mostly quit this thread a few pages back as the vitriol directed at the protesters was almost non-nonsensical. One reply has the protesters made out as black racists where in the videos I could see the people were mostly white. Talk about projection huh?

That aside though, the in-ability of many members on this thread to consider this incident from an objective equation of pedestrian and driver is remarkable. A number of people seem to think that their constitutional rights extend to driving and that those rights have been infringed upon by these pedestrians. The Privilage part of driving seems to have just slipped right on out of their thinking.

Though I have refrained from considering this issue from any other perspective than the simple equation of driver-vrs-pedestrian as you have so succinctly done, the hypothetical scenarios numerous members here have posted leave me little choice but to present one of my own. Hypothetical of course.

This driver was off work and heard about the protests. For whatever reasons he had, he decided he did'nt like the protesters and due to whatever angst he already holds within himself, decides to head on over that way to get him self a piece of the action. While sitting behind the white car , he figures he cannot wait and drives around the white car to take on the protestors personally. He'll show them stupid protestors. Using his car as a battering ram he pushes his way through his political opponents and has his jollies fullfilled. Then as the protesters are falling by the way he sees an on-coming car and turns to avoid it. Not only is he a bully, but this shows him to be a coward also. And not panicked at all but rather in full possession of his faculties. This is just as easily gleaned from the videos as all the other scenario interpretations found up and down this thread.

The white van video also demonstrates the possibility of "hunters" in cars. The white van has tossed off its' last protesters and when presented with a clear opportunity to make a right hand turn and escape the area of the mob, instead of getting away, makes a left turn and heads on into the mob again. Hunters with half ton lethal weapons fighting with pedestrians with fists and placards. Easily imagined as the frightened milque-toast with his little toddlers in the back seat.

One thing that is also easily imagined is that many posters here just wish it had been themselves behind the wheel. And that thought naturally runs off into considering that old adage about men and their cars with the substitution for their feelings of sexual inadequacy. Bigger car? Bigger dick... "I'ma man yes I am yes I am and I told you so.

Most likely though is that I have stretched my hypothetical way to far and need to back away from this thread. Just as the driver should have at the very beginning when he had the chance to turn left instead of right.

edit on 30America/ChicagoThu, 27 Nov 2014 13:38:26 -0600Thu, 27 Nov 2014 13:38:26 -060014112014-11-27T13:38:26-06:00100000038 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Just the ones that thought getting in front of the vehicle was a smart move. Darwin theory at its best....

Watch the video...

They didn't get in front of his car....he drove into them.

www.youtube.com...

I know someone else that's a candidate for the Darwin Award by letting his ideology get in the way of his common sense.

edit on 27-11-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I'm glad to see there is at least one other person here who's not afraid to look at things how they really are. Kudos to you sir!!!

I find your hypothetical very probable however I would like to add that this 40 y/o p*ssy behind the wheel who likes to drive over little girls is most likely a 'good 'ol boy' friend of the cops too. That would explain why this man with 3 DUI's on his record and multiple other arrests for traffic violations and abuses is simply released without any trouble after he uses his car as a weapon against a crowd of innocent people. Which I find strange since there are many people who have actually been shot for doing less by the cops who "were in fear for their lives" as someone uses their vehicle for a weapon.

This thread is a great example of the large number of gigantic cowardly nutless wonders we have here at ATS who find their hero in a man who drives his car over teenage girls because he's scared of nothing!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Indeed Xtro, indeed. Daily I marvel at the complete lack of self preservation exhibited by pedestrians all over the place. The ability of some in their feelings of righteousness, whether they are in a protest or just walking to the store across a parking lot with out being completely cautious of the half ton lethal weapons swarming around them and what manics that might be driving them is astounding.

Myself, as a pedestrian, I make every opportunity to have eye contact with drivers. I signal with my arms I wave them by, or toss up a hand signaling that I see they have slowed for me, demonstrating that though we may be nearly equal in this space by law, we are in no way equal in power or destructive ability. Yep, there were some stupid pedestrians here.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I would like to add that this 40 y/o p*ssy behind the wheel who likes to drive over little girls is most likely a 'good 'ol boy' friend of the cops too.
Yeah, I was going to point this out also but that thought got lost in the rest of my supposition. My supposition though was simply that as the protest was against police brutality and the system that backs it up, the drivers aggression was being downplayed to help make out the protesters as aggressive villains. This supposition can easily be seen to have been affective by the responses by numerous ATS members.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join