It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIPS !

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

You are the high and mighty one judging me and people in my type of work.

Saying we dont deserve a few bucks more, no matter what we say.

Really tolerant and understanding on your part.

edit on 11 24 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

No YOU have been bitching about not paying up and justifying it.

i have been asking questions. i have been stating my opinions. i have been stating the reasons why i have these opinions...
for several pages you have called names....told people they are stealing. told people not to go out. insinuated they are a low social caste...bitched about how hard it is to be working class.....

you can look at it how you want......

not gonna change how i approach tipping while i am out......

later my lord

i never said you do or do not deserve anything...
i said its not my problem or my responsibility to give it to you

take it up with the boss to give you what you think you deserve...not my problem
edit on 24-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This is why they'll replace waiters with robots eventually. No need to stand in the corner wondering which table needs you next, no busy hours. No breaks, no days off, sick days, no pay, no bathroom use, no nothing.

All the fast food workers and servers complaining about minimum wage and all that are just digging their graves faster. The more they shout that they need more money or benefits the quicker the management will say "Fine, this robot costs $1,000. Annually you cost $20,000+ Don't let the door hit your apron straps on the way out."

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I too have been stating my opinion and answering your questions.

You have said several times you dont plan on listening or even considering the other side...so I guess you know best.

i never said you do or do not deserve anything.

You said we dont deserve more pay even if we work more to serve you.

several pages you have called names

I said you are cheap....would you like to be called generous when you take the stand of paying the same no matter the work?
You also have no manners and I called you a manner-less oath...would you like to be called considerate after you basically said you dont care about the concerns of the average worker?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Unless you are in the upper echelon of society you should be just as concerned.

But people that serve us arent people who deserve nice things or consideration....because WE are people, they are there to serve us and shut up.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

Going out is not a right.

as much as going out is not a right, getting a tip is not an automatic.

and another thing since you have a strong opinion about tips....

how come if my meal costs more i am expected to tip more?

the waitress does the same amount of work whether i order filet mignon or a grilled cheese...

i never understood that one.....

can you explain that please?

Because wait staff gets taxed on your meals. They actually pay for part of your meal. If you don't tip at least 10%, that server is actually buying part of that crap you're driving into your non-tipping disrespectful gut.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Unless you are in the upper echelon of society you should be just as concerned.

But people that serve us arent people who deserve nice things or consideration....because WE are people, they are there to serve us and shut up.

That's your job !
To serve food if your a server !
Plus half the stuff that gets served is #e anyway !
Me a prefer to make my own from scratch !
But don't always have the time to do it .

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

yes it is my job...and its your job to pay for it.

If the "crap" you are eating is crap, go somewhere else.

That just shows you have no respect for what some of these people do. Some of these people go through more schooling and formation than other professionals. BUT hey its just food, just like your brakes are just your brakes and a tooth is just a tooth. Who cares right?

Some people dont eat out..thats fine. They prefer to cook at home...ok. The worlds best chef started out in his kitchen making his family dinner.

This is really insulting.

If you dont have time, go to a fast food place. Its actually faster and CHEAPER. You go to a restaurant for quality food and service. That costs more. If not dont go. Really. Dont go. Its all crap anyways right?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Of course I'm concerned but it doesn't mean I can't point out the obvious.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

And so can I.

It obvious that in places like the US you have to tip. Thats obvious. If not go to a place with lesser service and lesser quality food and drinks.

You dont HAVE to go to a restaurant with a waiter, busboy, bartender, food runner and hostess or with a well trained kitchen staff and select foods and liquors we have to be well versed in and be able to serve to industry standards.... If you do you should tip.

If not there is always Wendy´s.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Because wait staff gets taxed on your meals. They actually pay for part of your meal. If you don't tip at least 10%, that server is actually buying part of that crap you're driving into your non-tipping disrespectful gut.

Hogwash!!! They are taxed on the amount of tips they claim, not the price of the meals they serve. That's pure ridiculousness right there.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
When do I have to tip ?
I know a lot of people who went to college to learn a trade and there still # at it !
Just saying !

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Dude. I don't go to restaurants. Last time was 2009 or something. And yeah I tipped the woman. Humans are already obsolete, the obsolescence will become a public reality first with the low level employees, as in servers, customer service, etc, etc. Then it will work its way up the food chain. We're seeing it happen already.

Humanity is slated to be upgraded. Over 50% of us will not be included when the new drivers are released.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I've had some great meals eating out !
But I've had a lot of #e ones too !
I go for food or a beer !
Not to have someone nearly on there knees wanting a tip !
I'd actually prefer a beer out of a machine then looking at someone who just looks like he's suicidal !

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Thats fine man.

I dont even go to restaurants anymore. I have spent enough time in hotels and restaurants to just avoid them altogether when off. When I do go , I tip 20% or more off the bat. Unless you DONT WORK at all, I will give you that. Even in places like Europe. If I get a bad waiter his busboy and food runner get the tip.

Hotel maids get much more than that 20%. I leave a little envelope every time I stay at a hotel. Its not even that much money unless you stay in an expensive hotel.

And the whole automation thing...lol

Yeah I will believe that when its a reality. The only upgrade this world will get is an updated sense of arrogance. We arent changing the human condition. When trains and planes can drive themselves and people trust that, I will be the first to admit we dont need people...on earth for human civilization.

People lose their heads when a different accent of English is used on a phone call answering service or when people dont meet them half way just because of policy....they hate machines...but yeah sure, they will line up to a machine over a person any day....I dont think so

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Cuervo

Hogwash!!! They are taxed on the amount of tips they claim, not the price of the meals they serve. That's pure ridiculousness right there.

There is a set minimum that's already in place on their checks based on the amount of the meal. Meaning if you don't tip, they are still taxed as if they were.

So if a server were to claim less than 10%, they still get taxed 10% of your meal (that's about the rate in Oregon) as if you did pay. In essence, if you do not tip, you are receiving food benefits to subsidize your meal directly from the poor working class. Non-tippers are welfare recipients of the worse kind.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Please stay home if you don't understand the dining experience.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Does everybody understand that the OP has clearly stated that he is in the UK?

It is a completley different structure from the US and therefore his comments could be deemed valid on that basis?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Ooh I saw a rock move and it must of been you crawling from underneath it !

I do understand it !
Just like to have a meal and a drink !
Do you get that ?
Like earlier poster put !
As long as it's on a plate and warm I don't give a # !
And if any bad manners by the staff who's taking my money then I'll tell them or the manager !

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli

originally posted by: Lysergic

Ooh I saw a rock move and it must of been you crawling from underneath it !

I do understand it !
Just like to have a meal and a drink !
Do you get that ?
Like earlier poster put !
As long as it's on a plate and warm I don't give a # !
And if any bad manners by the staff who's taking my money then I'll tell them or the manager !

If all you want is a warm meal on a plate, stick to buffets. They were made for people like you. Then nobody has to kiss your butt and you can grumble at the sneeze guard all you like and ask the serving tongs about the ingredients used in a particular item or about your allergies, etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join