It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy vet gets fired for posting pics of DHS vehicles near Ferguson

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Somehow this post has morphed into employee/employer rights over employment. The gist I had intended is the larger picture of there being @100 DHS autos parked near Ferguson, the person (i.e. terrorist) suffering the consequences by bringing it to light, and the implications when the grand jury decision comes down. I think that certain factions are expecting this to be a bigger event than previously thought.

Yup. The DHS is in Ferguson.
Yup. The Government is taking the possibility of violence seriously.
Yup. A guy took a picture of them and got fired.

I think this is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" for the government, because the same people would be upset with the government whether they were there helping or not. You get these guys saying "KING OBAMA" when the government tries to help, and "WHERES OUR PROTECTION?" when the government doesn't act as quickly as these people would like.

This is why these people aren't really all that important to the conversation.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

The trouble is, Obama will be demonized regardless what he does. Like you said, it's damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Even if Obama had never touched on the subject, he'd be railed for remaining silent on civil rights or something.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'll bet this guys phone has been ringing off the hook with Lawyers wanting this case. However I see very dark clouds on the bigger issue.. ah, bloodbath in Missouri. I'm sure the Two imbeciles who muffed his termination are now long gone ex employees also. I fail to see why they stated their company lost 150k... thats just BS. The Federal Gov. Does not sign contracts with Hotel Chains. Period. The are given a DISCOUNT Fare thats about it. Lodging come out of a different emergency budget for each federal Agency, FEMA,ICE,DEA.. and so on.

What alarms me is the Federal power "RAMP-UP" in the area. I've heard rumors of a NO-FLY ZONE also but I'm not sure if that is true.

As far as Dury Hotels LLC is concerned I won't stay in them anymore, not because they love money but the fact they hire stupid managers.
edit on 17-11-2014 by scattergun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: scattergun
I'll bet this guys phone has been ringing off the hook with Lawyers wanting this case. However I see very dark clouds on the bigger issue.. ah, bloodbath in Missouri. I'm sure the Two imbeciles who muffed his termination are now long gone ex employees also. I fail to see why they stated their company lost 150k... thats just BS. The Federal Gov. Does not sign contracts with Hotel Chains. Period. The are given a DISCOUNT Fare thats about it. Lodging come out of a different emergency budget for each federal Agency, FEMA,ICE,DEA.. and so on.

What alarms me is the Federal power "RAMP-UP" in the area. I've heard rumors of a NO-FLY ZONE also but I'm not sure if that is true.

As far as Dury Hotels LLC is concerned I won't stay in them anymore, not because they love money but the fact they hire stupid managers.

Thank you. This is what I wanted to point out. You said it a lot more succinctly than I put it.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
shout.lt... Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon has declared a state of emergency and activated the National Guard in advance of a grand jury decision about whether a white police officer will be charged in the fatal shooting of a black 18-year-old in the St. Louis suburb of Ferguson.

They have made it public now.
edit on 17-11-2014 by RunForTheHills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RunForTheHills
shout.lt... Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon has declared a state of emergency and activated the National Guard in advance of a grand jury decision about whether a white police officer will be charged in the fatal shooting of a black 18-year-old in the St. Louis suburb of Ferguson.

They have made it public now.

Supposedly the announcement will be made 5:00 p.m. to make sure kids are home from school and most office buildings closed. But who knows, they've been saying an announcement has been coming for two weeks now. But a definite declaration of a state of emergency makes it more likely now.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: RunForTheHills

There was no indication an announcement is imminent. There is no specific date for a decision to be revealed about whether Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson should face charges for shooting Michael Brown on Aug. 9. The St. Louis County prosecutor has said he expects the grand jury to reach a decision in mid-to-late November.

www.kfvs12.com...

It seems to me that Gov. Nixon wouldn't do this unless an announcement was imminent. Besides that, all the other clues that one is forthcoming point to an announcement for later today or tomorrow, inc. all the reports we've had in the media during the last couple of days, inc. what law enforcement and local schools plan on doing.

I'm not surprised that an announcement was not made this morning/early afternoon because it would be foolhardy to do so while school is in session. It would make sense for them to wait until school let out and all students got home safely.

My guess is later today or tomorrow we will know the jury's decision.

It won't be pretty in Ferguson.

St. Louis County Police 2nd Precinct live feed

edit on 17-11-2014 by dianajune because: forgot link

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Lives are going to be lost in Ferguson in the coming days and weeks. It saddens me to think about it. As much as I wish there was a scenario for which cooler heads prevail and no blood is shed, it's highly unlikely.

If there are any ATSers in Ferguson, hold your children close, and stay vigilant. I'm not a praying person but I certainly wish you all the best.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Lives are going to be lost in Ferguson in the coming days and weeks. It saddens me to think about it. As much as I wish there was a scenario for which cooler heads prevail and no blood is shed, it's highly unlikely.

If there are any ATSers in Ferguson, hold your children close, and stay vigilant. I'm not a praying person but I certainly wish you all the best.

Yep, it's ironic. Multiple lives will be lost as a protest over one life (Michael Brown) being lost.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Somehow this post has morphed into employee/employer rights over employment. The gist I had intended is the larger picture of there being @100 DHS autos parked near Ferguson, the person (i.e. terrorist) suffering the consequences by bringing it to light, and the implications when the grand jury decision comes down. I think that certain factions are expecting this to be a bigger event than previously thought.

I don't thin that it is surprising that there is a large federal law enforcement presence ready to go in light of the issues involved, the mistrust of local police, and so forth.

A large presence of federal law enforcement may forstall some serious violence that otherwise would have happened. The local police seem ready to simply not respond if anything gets out of hand and that won't help anyone.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Yep, it's ironic. Multiple lives will be lost as a protest over one life (Michael Brown) being lost.

It's way deeper than that though. That was just the tipping point. This has been brewing for a long time. If multiple lives are lost, it's because of the culture there in Ferguson and in that police department and all of those underlying issues. You need to take the long view of events. They usually aren't as simple as they appear in the mainstream media.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Okay,thanks you had me scared there.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Exactly, if there were a hundred cop cars parked outside the house, everybody and their granny would know about it, including the press, in the next best thing to an instant. Here we have a hundred Federal police vehicles parked in a hotel parking block, and presumably their owners are also there somewhere, a guy takes a picture of the vehicles and loses his job..from the boss. Does that make any sense? Feds all over the place, and the guy didn't know about it, and took a picture..so when did the Feds start delegating civilians to give orders?
I don't doubt the guy lost his job for taking the picture, but if he didn't know anything in the first place the feck-up is between the Feds and the hotel management. nothing else makes much sense. I don't doubt either that the vehicles were being 'concealed' in a somewhat screwy way, so what were they going to be used for, surprise, surprise, the Feds are here?
How do you get a hundred vehicles into a hotel block without someone seeing something in the first place? and then they need to come out again
The £150 grand? we'll say penalty just to be nice...bullshy from somewhere.
edit on 17-11-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I too wish that calmer heads would prevail but it doesn't look like it's going to be that way. Twitter is going crazy about #ferguson. In the past half hour or so since I took a break from it, they've had over 2400 tweets.

I'm listening to the St. Louis County Police scanner online and so far it's been relatively quiet. Just routine calls about accidents, etc.

If I lived in the area I'd keep my children out of school...preferably for the rest of the week (at least). And take time off from work and protect my home.

I will keep everyone in Ferguson in my prayers. God bless you.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

A large police presence could be provocative too. They can (and have) gone overboard in Ferguson.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
Oh yeah, boycot Duruy hotels!

Drury has hotels in 20 states.

I''m sure MANY who hear about this will now be avoiding them like the plague from now on.

Way to shoot yourself in the foot Chuck Drury...

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
I approve of this. Can't fire potential consumers for calling them out

edit on Mon, 17 Nov 2014 17:22:36 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
I approve of this. Can't fire potential consumers for calling them out

Ita. On the other hand, I've heard about companies throwing hissy fits over bad reviews, but Drury asked for it.

Wanna bet that all the adverse publicity will make them offer his job back? I hope he says no.

I might just visit Yelp later. Hmph.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Why is this guys military status an issue here? I could understand if he was fired because he was a navy vet, but trying to elicit an emotional response simply because the man used to be employed by the navy is pretty disturbing. It's almost as if the story isn't enough by itself and it needs some kind of sensational angle for people to get behind it.

The really disturbing things is that a lot of these people are also accusing the people of Ferguson of doing the same thing with "The Race Card".

Stop playing "The Vet Card".

Edit to add: Those yelp reviews will be removed. yelp is a joke and will do it if the hotel pays them to.
edit on 17-11-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I thought of another thing. There are plenty of hotel employees etc, that post pictures of say lambos and ferraris in their lots without any BS firing for "breeching privacy". How is this any different than that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join