It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy vet gets fired for posting pics of DHS vehicles near Ferguson

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Seems like more and more, they're expecting something to go down after the verdict. At least the Feds think so.

"Mark Paffrath was leaving work from the Drury Plaza Hotel in Chesterfield, Missouri, Thursday when he noticed something unnerving — about 100 Department of Homeland Security vehicles in the parking garage, Argus News Now reported".

"“Why are all the cop cars here…I wonder if it has anything to do with Ferguson,” his Facebook status read. Paffrath also included #Ferguson #NoJusticeNoPeace, News Now added".

And as he was being fired:
"As if that wasn’t enough, Paffrath also claimed Bohnert told him, ”[Y]ou’re a terrorist and you have dishonorably served your country by posting the photos and video.”"

www.theblaze.com... -job/
edit on 17-11-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well I guess everybody knows where some of the DHS agents are staying now.

I bet there's more around at other hotels.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
He'll get a nice check after the lawsuit!

Oh yeah, boycot Duruy hotels!

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
He should sue the Drury Plaza Hotel for violation of civil rights and hopefully they lose more than $150,000 this time.

+27 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Remember everyone. No matter how much you serve or love your country if you step out of line even an inch you will be punished. Our country is no longer ours. We exist to serve the masters.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I hate it for the guy, I really do, since he was simply expressing his freedom of speech, but you have to remember that Missouri is an at-will employment state, meaning employers generally have the right to fire employees for any reason or no reason at all. He could have looked at his boss funny and just as easily have gotten fired. The fact that he allegely cost his employer $150k may have had something to do with it. I know if I cost my employer that much, I would be fired on the spot, no questions asked. Before you post on social media, you have to be willing to accept the consequences. I don't agree with what the hotel did, but I don't think we can blow this out of proportion.

An no, he is not likely to win any lawsuit on this....
edit on 17-11-2014 by jburg6 because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
So posting pictures in the USA that speak for themselves is now a crime as is sticking to the oath taken when joining the navy.

In the land of lies, truth is treason

The verdict is not in but I think we all know what it will be since the police are above the law and the only trouble they have is making people accept it.

Better to die fighting than living as a slave

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
People get fired for social media posts all the time these days. Employers believe they own us.
edit on Mon, 17 Nov 2014 12:00:29 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
As much as I feel for the guy, Missouri is a right-to-work state, meaning you can leave employment any time, and you can be fired for any reason, or no reason at all.

What he did isn't a crime under the current law, so it's a shame his employer saw fit to discharge him.

That being said, does this really come as a surprise? With the decision of the grand jury on the horizon, I'm sure the government is preparing for all out rioting in wake of Wilson's freedom.

My opinion, the government, and the police, should do nothing. Let the riots happen, let Ferguson burn. When the people cry out "Where were you?" They can simply say "We weren't wanted."
edit on 17-11-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jburg6
I know if I cost my employer that much, I would be fired on the spot, no questions asked.
An no, he is not likely to win any lawsuit on this....

Yep. It is not surprising nor that off the cusp that a hotel fires an employee who violated the privacy of paying guests and cost them 150 grand.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
So posting pictures in the USA that speak for themselves is now a crime...

I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where he was charged with a crime. Care to point me to what you are talking about?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Or people should just be more careful about what they post on social media. Me? I don't use my real name on any social media. Only my close friends and family know it, and if an employer asks about it, I just reply "I used to have one but it got boring so I deleted it."

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
Remember everyone. No matter how much you serve or love your country if you step out of line even an inch you will be punished. Our country is no longer ours. We exist to serve the masters.

My Master is not of this world. Jesus Christ IS Lord.

There won't be true justice in this world until He returns. In the meantime, things will continue to get worse and incidents like this will seem like a walk in the park. I hope this guy sues his now-former employer.

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Does anyone else get the feeling that "terrorist" is just short for "bad slave"?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

The United States has been using that word more and more to describe a person who disagrees with their viewpoint on politics or law.

It's really sad. If you disagree with American policy you're a terrorist.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jburg6

In states where they can fire you without a reason doesn't include illegal reasons though. If their firing of him violated any right or other statute, then the "at will" part doesn't count.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Privacy? They're gov't employees on the taxpayer's dime. If anything the American taxpayers deserve to know when their gov't is dropping 150k on hotel rooms.

As other posters have pointed out though, his firing is not illegal and he probably won't win any lawsuits.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
“You’re a terrorist and you have dishonorably served your country by posting the photos and video,” Bohnert told Paffrath, adding that if Paffrath re-posted the photos and video he will, “have the federal government knocking on your door and you will be incarcerated.”

Being fired for them losing a $150,000 contract is one thing, but isn't him being branded a terrorrist bit iof an overkill?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: hogstooth
a reply to: NavyDoc

Privacy? They're gov't employees on the taxpayer's dime. If anything the American taxpayers deserve to know when their gov't is dropping 150k on hotel rooms.

As other posters have pointed out though, his firing is not illegal and he probably won't win any lawsuits.

Well, luckily, DHS budgets are subject to FOIA requests.

And, as someone who knows these types of things, a $150,000 dollar contract is probably part of their annual budget, and isn't really a lot, especially when you consider this is one hotel chain and DHS has contracts with multiple hotels of various price points throughout not only this country, but overseas as well.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
“You’re a terrorist and you have dishonorably served your country by posting the photos and video,” Bohnert told Paffrath, adding that if Paffrath re-posted the photos and video he will, “have the federal government knocking on your door and you will be incarcerated.”

Being fired for them losing a $150,000 contract is one thing, but isn't him being branded a terrorrist bit iof an overkill?

It's hearsay. The hotel didn't publish this information, a guy that got fired from them is the one claiming this. I'm not going to suggest whether or not it was said, but I am certainly under the belief that the hotel would NEVER admit to saying something like that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join