It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While everyone else is voting today, I will be listening to this tomorrow. ;p

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I know, we can criticize Guy Fawkes and what he stood for, and we can criticize the movements that have clung onto him and his visage; however, for me it isn't about the smallness of any one movement or individual, it is about the spirit of rebellion, independence and liberty. The 5th of November isn't about ideology, it is about life, the splendor of illumination and the fires of passion being breathed into humankind again so that we might resume our creative efforts despite the forces of darkness and slavery that are acting against us.

Freedom begins as a mindset. Creativity begins as intentionality, and from these small seeds, great renaissances have been born.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

This song to me sums up USA and to some extent UK elections.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

America was created with the spirit of rebellion.
I think most have forgotten that or are to dumb to know what they should be rebelling against.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

The story of American independence and the Alamo warms my heart. I think that is the spirit of humanity in action, struggling to push forward to that next higher stage of existence. Unfortunately, you look around America today and what I see being actualized before me doesn't strongly suggest that it was born out from a movement of independence, liberty, and creativity.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Remember, remember, the fifth of November,
The Gunpowder Treason and plot.
I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Step right up! Be the first on your block to become one em' terrors.

Capture your fifteen minutes of fame as they beat down your door and drag you kicking and screaming to jail.

You wanted to be free, what a tragedy.

Now, let us make up your mind for you.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Tell ya what, I voted this morning and there wasn't a heck of a lot of rebellion goin down at my polling place. There were more election workers than voters. Sad.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Every breath we take is an act of rebellion.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This will be sung tomorrow:

It depends on the results as to WHO will be lamenting.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Bleh voting... what does it do? Nothing. What does it change? Nothing. I only voted once in my life. What a waste of time.

Dead prez - we need a revolution

Check it on utube

top topics

join