It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama - no quarantine of ebola HC workers

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The only reason I can think of to not quarantine people who are working daily with infected patients and who could possibly be infected themselves (don't say it can't happen because it did many times as those who were doing the caring were medical professionals with degrees and knew the risks and procedures) is because it puts a kink into something. What could that something be needs to be determined!
edit on 13109Sundayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I think if they believe their best shot at survival puts someone else at risk they are just as likely to put others in danger as anyone else.
What's their best shot at survival? Isn't it to seek immediate care?

I would prefer the risk was simply removed.
The risk is not removed.

They should be given pleasant accommodations, and make the situation as pleasant as possible
And those who tend to them in that pleasant situation?

If there are no symptoms there is no risk. The benefit of quarantine is at the first sign of symptoms she can be monitored by trained professionals immediately.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No. It's because you are clueless and should had stopped at page 1. Now phage knows what I know
see how fool you look with what you say man
edit on 26-10-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

The benefit of quarantine is at the first sign of symptoms she can be monitored by trained professionals immediately.
At the first sign of symptoms a health care worker would be monitored by trained professionals immediately even if they aren't under quarantine. A health care worker is a trained professional, btw.

You know that the New York and New Jersey quarantine is a home quarantine, right?
edit on 10/26/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
To reiterate what I said above, I heard two doctors discussing symptoms yesterday (sorry don't know who - it was on one of the many news channels I watch) but one of them said some of the patients reported feeling "sluggish" about two days before they developed the primary symptoms, such as fever, vomiting, etc. so they were wondering if that might be sort of a "pre-symptom" symptom.

Anyway, it bears looking into.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Do you know what ad hominem means?
It means you have a weak argument and have to attack the person rather than what they are saying.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
The king has spoken, and a loyal royal subject obeys..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some members have come up with a possible "conspiracy" on that thread too !!!

It's a Jack-in-the-Box.

A set-up of epic proportions.

Obama.Jealousy

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Like this?

That's probably because you don't know the difference between being contagious and not being contagious.

Stray no more from topic

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: ausername

probably told him there would be no space in the bunker for him if he didn't.

Or maybe he was told there would be no exclusive cure or vaccine made available to him, family, staff etc, unless he does exactly as they say?

All kidding aside, for the USA Ebola should not be a major concern for the vast majority of Americans... Until they start playing politics with it.

imo

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent
That is not an ad hominem attack. You repeatedly ignored the difference between someone who is contagious and someone who is not, and it is exactly on topic.

Calling some some a clueless fool is an ad hominem attack and is off topic.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Occam's Razor - cause he wants it spread from sea to shining sea.
imo

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

The benefit of quarantine is at the first sign of symptoms she can be monitored by trained professionals immediately.
At the first sign of symptoms a health care worker would be monitored by trained professionals immediately even if they aren't under quarantine. A health care worker is a trained professional, btw.

You know that the New York and New Jersey quarantine is a home quarantine, right?

Not all HCW are trained for Ebola. The two nurses from Dallas are examples of possible exposure to others from a healthcare professional. The best situation is quarantine for a reasonable amount of time.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

What difference between having symptoms or not according to you when the 2 cases so far that came in plane had no symtoms at arrival making the screenings useless so far

Sorry man I fall on your trap of making this thread phage sentric, won't reply to you again, learn to u2u and alert mods on post if you are so offended

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Not all HCW are trained for Ebola. The two nurses from Dallas are examples of possible exposure to others from a healthcare professional.
But we are talking about health care workers who are returning from west Africa because they went there to help. We are not talking about hospital workers from Dallas, are we?

The best situation is quarantine for a reasonable amount of time.
Sure. Never mind that they've been away from home for months under probably dreadful conditions. Come home and be confined for a "reasonable" time even though there's really no reason for it unless you show symptoms but people are really, really frightened and it will make them feel safer even if it doesn't really make them any safer than if you aren't quarantined. You don' think that will discourage people from volunteering to help in Africa? You don't think that reducing the amount of help to the region will lengthen the epidemic?

You think that makes North America safer? I don't. And I don't think that putting asymptomatic people under quarantine does either. But you already know that.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Yall, please don't think I'm awful for posting this. Not to make light of, seriously. But damn, it's funny.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

the difference between someone who is contagious and someone who is not, and it is exactly on topic.

The gap between someone who is contagious and someone who is 'simply' infectious is so scant it's a classification predominantly used by healthcare professionals and the ignorant ... in stark contrast with scientific/medical know-it-alls.

I've waited to catch you misusing and pounce ... but you're batting 1000.

There's a name for such argument as well, but it eludes me at the moment.

-Cheers, brother

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

HIlarious! "Girl, you've got ebola!"

Better dig me a hole-a!!! Hahahaha.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Whew! Thanks Luc! I was afraid I might get booed outta this room!

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

loll! Damn, laughing feels good right about now!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join