It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A hidden code in the Bible revealed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Most of this OP appeared in a reply within the Tacitus thread, and I saw it didn't really get the attention it deserved, so here we go:

The Hebrew name Noah is probably a pervasion eh transmutation of the Mesopotamian Utnapishtim. Remove the language specific prefix and suffix, use Hebrew spellings and naming constructs let it live from mouth to mouth for a couple of generations, and you end up with a name like Noah. But there is an even better link between Noah and Utnapishtim-- or rather the way they spelled it in Old Babylonian without the /p/ phoneme or syllable: Utna-ishtim, the way it was written around the time when the Torah was written down.

Now the below quote is the first verse of the parashat (Torah portion) Noach and reads (from right to left):

In English: These are the generations of Noah. Noah was in his generations a man righteous and whole-hearted; Noah walked with God. [ESV] Genesis 6:9

The letters I have marked off in red spell out Ut-nah-ish-tim (yes, and it also works with the niqquds/diacritics I didn't bother to include them). This is hardly coincidence. Of the 21 first letters, almost half of them, and all being the first syllable of separate words-- spell out Utnaishtim as it was said in Old Babylonian.

Thanx to parsha.blogspot.no... for the heads up on this. Upon seeing it actually works, it becomes clear that there are indeed codes in the Bible, and there are sure to be more than this one rather obvious one. Anyway it's rather cool to see my Sumerian namesake made it to the Bible. Not many do.
edit on 24-10-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: transmutation

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
saying such a thing that Noah is a perversion is like saying the way modern people say Shakespeare is a perversion of the way his contemporaries would have said it.

Akkadian is a Semitic language...why criticize the posterity?

even if Utnapishtim was Sumerian in origin...why the use of the word perversion?

the Sumerians and Akkadians lived so closely together that I suspect the concept of Judeo/Christian and Greco/Roman have their own origins in the relationship.

but I know you have a job to do...separating peoples.

just wanted to make a comment...carry own with your divisive propaganda.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux
saying such a thing that Noah is a perversion is like saying the way modern people say Shakespeare is a perversion of the way his contemporaries would have said it.

Pervasion, not it's naughty cousin. It's a lingusistic term, anyway, since you don't understand it, I'll go ahead and change it. 'Transmutation' better?
edit on 24-10-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: ...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
that you decided to open this can of worms i'll make a few more comments.

in the Sumerian/Akkadian flood story the 'ark' was a shaped like a Cube, much like the Kaaba. and the flood lasted for for 7, not 40.

this alone should lead many to conclude that while the stories are probably related...they are not the same.

Ham brought something with him on the trip is my theory...and that something allowed the serpent to escape its fate.

it won't escape this time.

doesn't mean the life on the cube won't survive...it means the dividers of humanity won't survive.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

i'd say yes...if you want to advance understanding of the topic.

i'd say it doesn't matter...if you want to suggest that some important event was stolen by one group from another group. invalidating their existence.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

Oh dear. Good luck on your serpent hunt. Don't get stung. What part of what you have said here is about hidden codes again?
edit on 24-10-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: -bit

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
the edit button is a Beast my friend.

i should have waited to respond until your ability to use it expired.
edit on 24-10-2014 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

my post was about your use of the topic. we both know your intents.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

my post was about your use of the topic. we both know your intents.

Please tell me, what are mine intents? There must be something I am missing here. Humour me.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

your intents are to suggest that the flood story is not an original tradition but the product of intellectual or identity theft.

of one cultural group from another...specifically Semitic speakers from Sumerian speakers.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

Yeah sure. Very nice, look a raindeer, looks like Christmas is early this year. Or maybe it's Halloween

Is there a full moon today? Good grief.
edit on 24-10-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Halloween

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

not sure the specific logical fallacy of of your last post.

but this topic is old. who's the most ancient? Gilgamesh and Enkidu faced off under the same conditions as we are today.

perhaps you're a new comer to the battle and haven't been clued in just yet...but if their is a connection to Noah and Utnapishtim...it emerged probably thousands of years after either lived...and the connection was made as a treaty of peace to suggest that the older couldn't be determined.

but we'll get to the bottom of this if it takes all night.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
there are 2 flood accounts in the bible. There. That problem is solved! Both the sumerian and biblical flood accounts are accurate, although I have as yet to find the second flood account in the sumerian version.

Yes, please ask me for more information. mwhahaha

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

In addition to the OP, Enoch can be directly related to Enmeduranki for ex.
The Hebrew scriptures are probably nothing but a best-off of the Sumerian writings tuned to the local audience.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

oh isn't that interesting!
did you check to see what would happen if you continued that pattern in later sentences, such as the second line of the verse that you didn't employ?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a few years ago (10-15) i read an article that talked about palestinians breaking into jewish burial sites and erasing the words and replacing what they destroyed with either arabic or islamic words and phrases.

deception is the purpose and intent of these discussions. all of the time.

I will assume what you are presenting is correct. and i would suggest that its the product of that type of deception.

the Sumerians knew long ago the only way to survive was to attach themselves to the Semitic...all the time searching for their opportunity to strike and usurp them.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
the sumerian have waited a long time...and have now decided to attack.

planting linguistic 'evidence' to support their attempted 'coup'.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
someone ask me what i mean by 2 floods in the bible.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

what are you talking about? two flood versions?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

a reply to: undo

what are you talking about? two flood versions?

aye! i'm so glad you asked.
in the opening passages of genesis, or more specifically, chapter 1 verse 2, it says:

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

the word "was" in the phrase "And the earth was without form and void", is actually the word "became".
"without form" is "tohu" and void is "bohu"

so the first part of the sentence would read "And the earth became tohu and bohu;"
now mind you, this is after the opening verse:
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."
since the torah didn't originally have verses, let's look at it as one thought

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth became tohu and bohu; "

the rest of the verse clues you in as well - "and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. "

that's a major, world covering, flood.
meanwhile, in noah's flood account, it vacillates back and forth from talking about the whole world being flooded to what sounds like a much less severe event. For example, the story says he took 7 pairs of clean animals, 7 pairs of fowls and 2 pairs of unclean animals. That's only 32 animals, about the equivalent of the royal barnyard. Yet the story also hints at taking 2 of every animal and the water being so high, the ark had to come to rest on a mountain top. these are 2 different floods.

edit on 24-10-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join