It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art Bell's Area 51 caller returned last night

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: NoNameNeeded

thank you for the clarification, english is not really my first language

but all that aside, what does any of this really prove? like i said, he said a whole lot of nothing in his first call, recited the plot of any alien invasion book, gave nothing specific, it's kinda like how that man, that gave a tv channel a tape of an alien being interrogated inside a dark room, showed up again a bunch of years later, it all feels more like a show resurrecting a dead character than anything really important.
i can't watch the video right now, but what can he say? "remember all that nothing i said 17 years ago? turns out it was a lie! i lied about vagueness!"?

granted i totally loved the call and it did give me the chills, but so do many good actors...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Honestly, this just shows me how easily fooled the American public can be. No different than the "Mars invasion" scare in the 30's.
edit on 22-10-2014 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Damn what a coincidence. Yesterday for some reason I was obsessed with Tool and the Holy Gift album, and found out the history about that Faaip De Oiad song. Anyways when I read the headline this morning of course it struck me as an odd coincidence.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
So, a little over the half way mark of the recent show [ in the OP] they are discussing it being set up.

So,

Moving on then

Spiro

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Thanks for bringing this one up, haven't listened to that audio track for some time now and its still just as spooky as it was back when we first listened to it. Have to agree with others above, this new track sounds like a obvious hoax and a smart & cheap way of reaching a large audience base for free.

For anyone not familiar with the audio here is a vid that has the original audio track the OP is revering to.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I don't disbelieve it for a minute. Kind of reminds me of the episode with Duane Barrie in the X-Files.
I have seen them working in hospitals. I call them 'the others'. Anyone who has read my posts in the past will know.
Since that day just over 4 years ago now, I have suffered from post traumatic stress. Its not nice and I cant get any help, because 1. No one believes me 2. I have had a battery of tests and I am deemed compos mentis and not depressed or mentally ill. Oh yes and they have tried many times to give me medication to calm me down and I have refused.
In fact one of the aliens or his associate. (not sure) told me I was a very beautiful woman and to get on with my life and forget it!! One thing I have learnt and PLEASE, PLEASE,PLEASE, take my advise. Don't go to any neurology appointments on your own!!
I was sent in all innocence to try to get to the bottom of my sleep paralysis.
Twice I have had it this year!
If this ART Bell story is true, I feel for this poor man, I really do.

HX

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The second call ,if the same man, proves the first call was fake. Because the first caller was killed if it was true.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
At the time some people speculated that he called back claiming it was a hoax under duress, in order to convince people it wasnt a hoax. That is to say, reinforce belief by making it seem like a coerced recant.

It makes perfect sense, though I always felt he sounded genuine. Then again the people you trust most hurt you the worst, so...

At what point do you sit back and think...."perhaps I am reading too much into this?"

edit on 22-10-2014 by network dude because: added
for clarity

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I'm calling HOAX.... again!

Art Bell pffft

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse

i remember that call, it was very creepy, kind of like the video of that spanish girl crying in the middle of the street talking about how some very powerful people in spain were apparently part of a cult that ate human flesh...

but creepy as it is...how do we even know for sure it was not a publicity stunt to begin with?

Do you mean the new call being a publicity stunt, or the satellite going offline on the original one? Has anyone ever verified that the satellite did indeed get knocked offline? But yes, the caller did claim it was all a hoax... twice, actually. I believe the day after the original call, and then last night, 17 years later... Which begs the question, what was the point but to hide information by claiming it's all just a big hoax?

Yes, it was twice proclaimed a 'hoax by the caller. When most people perpetrate a hoax, they don't come out and say so. They plant the seed and get satisfaction from seeing it debated back and forth in the public forum. It brings to mind the saying "Thou protests too much". In this case the caller. Which adds more veracity to the fact that the original call wasn't a hoax.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Has anyone thought that he called back to say it was a hoax to keep himself out of jail? remember tossing in BS with truth is a common tactic to avoid prison.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Has anyone thought that he called back to say it was a hoax to keep himself out of jail? remember tossing in BS with truth is a common tactic to avoid prison.

Trying to avoid jail 17 years after the initial call? What would he have been jailed for? Surely the statute of limitations would have been exhausted years ago (short of a murder charge). He gave no specific names or company trade secrets. Then every person from Howard Stern's 'Wack Pack' should be jailed for making crank phone calls.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
Excuse me? Psychology is never looking too much!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Why would you call twice to declare its a hoax, when you ALREADY "exposed" it right after the "prank"? "Oh hey art, just in case you DIDNT hear it 17 y ago, I just wanted to repeat it!"

And you should have read the post where I said it could be because new people are just hearing this for the first time and he wants to set the record straight.

Uou sound like a shill for trying to remove the mystique without actually removing it. You are distracting us with bait that quite possibly was put out for that exact reason.

So using logic makes one a shill...gotcha.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Emerald53

It was the real deal 17 years ago.

No it wasn't.

And the caller even called back and said it was a hoax...sorry.

ayyep, dunno why ppl say 17 yrs later, this was rectified much much sooner.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga
The second call ,if the same man, proves the first call was fake. Because the first caller was killed if it was true.

Or he was forced to call and declare it a hoax...

I'm going to apply some logic to this situation for a second in an attempt to add a "could have happened this way" angle to things:

-Guy calls in with actual information about Area 51 and nervously tells as much as he can without giving away his identity.

-Some group monitoring the show shuts down the feed and traces the source of the call to figure out who's calling in.

-The folks who shut down the feed go to the caller's location and force him to call back and declare that it's a hoax because, logically, it's the only way to salvage the situation. If the caller disappears, people will be suspicious. If he's allowed to carry on, he can continue to spill the beans. If "they" discredit the caller as a hoaxer, he's no longer a threat. "They" figured out a long time ago that the easiest way to hide the truth is to confuse people with constant hoaxes so they never know what to believe.

Now, what is not so logical is for someone to make up a story and call in to the show, have many people convinced that it's true, and then immediately debunk their own story. It doesn't make a lot of sense...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Wouldnt this elaborate prank have to include art and the crew, something they HAVE NOT confessed to?

And they haven't confessed to this one either, but that still doesn't make it real...

How did the caller perform this trick? Or are you suggesting its all a big coincidence the show went offline at EXACTLY THAT MOMENT?

You do know they just turn the mic's off and you get dead air, so they didn't really lose the satellite as they want you to believe.

And if you don't think Radio shows can pull off these types of things...

It did happen and it does happen.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I doubt a megalomaniac would call back to the station where he exposed his own biggest lie, just to relive the dieing of his (possibly) only interesting alterego...

And yet he did...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
He sounded convincing enough and the allegations he made were not far from the truth, and so the real people with the power to make radio shows go "off air" may have even themselves been fooled into thinking he really was a government worker with a high clearance spilling some of the beans on the situation, enough to get them to push a proverbial button and silence the radio show for a moment.

'I remember he was back a year later after his firs5t call and admitted it all, and he did do the same voice again and it definitely sounded like the same guy..

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The area 51 caller. I listened to his original call and that hoax revelation and then the new call

The original caller, that hoax revelation, and this new call are all the same people. The pronunciation for words/letters, the syllables, the speech "rythmn", all point to the guy being the same one. The guy at the end of the new call...
Well, let's just say that you can't BS a BSer and that guy was not the same guy.

People can take classes for learning other accents/languages for acting. Covert agents are taught how to use those classes to "become" someone else.

However. Just as in GI joe where that chick noticed that he folded his hands differently, you can also see how someone might mimic another person's speech with modern electronics and training.

You can't change, however, how someone says certain words. Your geographic area in which you learned to speak as well as education, speech impediments, cognitive ability, tongue and mouth structure, different lengths in vocal cords and so on.

And when someone is in a frenzy, so to speak, due to stress, that all comes out and this guy and the hoax revealer are not the same. You can't change how someone pronounces words with n in them. Not unless you took their entire nose and vocal cords. Even altering the voice itself, you couldn't perfectly mimic how someone is feeling at that moment, and depending on air flow, fatigue, or illness, they could say words differently. But you can't change how you use the letter n and basically the sound that a certain person will make to use the letter n or words with n in it. English speaking or not.

Or maybe I'm just reading into it too much but the guy that called at the beginning of the show and the middle of the show so to speak just sounded ...different in a way that I can't describe.

also, if you work at places like Area 51, for the security clearance needed, you basically get a government minder watching you for the rest of your life to prevent classified info from leaking. so if they wanted to, they could have followed him, tapped the telephone line he was calling from, and then listened in until he started revealing sensitive information.

the plot thickens

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join