It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jersey Suspected Ebola

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Ok genius ... come up for an answer for a retro virus... DO IT

I and other people with MSs and PhDs in virology and molecular biology can tell you how to stop a hemorrhagic virus. Its simple.

The other I can only say "stop having sex".. its slightly more complicated bro... nice work bringing a straw oranges and apples argument in to protect your savior.

First off..he is not my Saviour...actually the only people calling him Saviour are the anti Obama people. I have never heard anyone pro Obama call him their Saviour.

Secondly it is spelled retrovirus no space in between.

You do know AIDS is spread through other ways besides sex ..right?

HIV can only be transmitted through blood or breast milk, or via sexual intercourse, according to the CDC. Ebola is slightly easier to spread, but is still much less transmissible than more common infections like the flu.
Ebola can be spread by blood and sexual fluids, too, as well as through urine, saliva, sweat, feces, and vomit, according to the CDC.
The fluids have to come into contact with broken skin or mucous membranes, such as the eyes, nose, or mouth, in order to infect another person.
The two viruses are different in that HIV has a long latency period. Someone can be infected and not show symptoms for as long as 10 years; all the while they are able to transmit the disease. There is a much shorter latency period for Ebola — typically shorter than 21 days. Symptoms appear quickly, and a person needs to be actively exhibiting symptoms in order to spread the virus, Adalja said.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sellusnar
a reply to: Destinyone

They have been said to have been cleared of the virus.

I don't believe Duncan's families story either. WHERE are they?? They need to prove they are healthy by showing themselves, until then, someone else wrote something that may not be true. I won't believe it until I see them.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

This is the issue I have with each of these announcements. A few days later is understandable but a few hours is impossible. Even if it's preliminary they can't say for certain it's not Ebola. To me this is their way of calming people down "nothing to see here" mode.

However, I do know there are rapid tests available, that take about an hour. I don't think every establishment has one though, what one per state I believe? It's total cover mode imo.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: j.r.c.b.

What cdc truck?
Do you live in the area also?

Sorry about all the questions, pm me if it's personal, I'd really like to know what's going on in my backyard.
edit on 10/21/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

I responding to Destiny's about Duncan's family. They have been cleared. I apologize for the error.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Tuesday evening, there was a flurry of activity around the hospital, the designated facility for any passengers flagged by health screeners at the airport. Officials in protective gear were seen entering the building and police were guarding entrances. - See more at: www.northjersey.com...

seen this in New Jersey.Com

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.

originally posted by: snarky412

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.
a reply to: snarky412

Hey, does anyone remember the poster that saw the humvees & troops she said looked like they were headed toward Newark airport, & they had masks on a few days ago??? I think the poster is here???? Isn't this ironic??

No, I didn't read that
Maybe they'll show up here and post

You think it may be related? hmmm....

Not sure, but the timing is odd. It was just a day or maybe Friday she posted. Hope she comes back if she isn't slready here......we were talking about how odd it was they had masks on when nothing really was happening here, as far as we knew??

When I get time, I'll see if I can find that thread...unless she comes here first

She's here.....www.abovetopsecret.com...
thanks...
edit on 21-10-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Why are you stuck on AIDS? This thread is about ebola. Both horrible diseases, yet ebola is the topic of this thread.

If you are so concerned about AIDS. By all means, go start a thread on AIDS.

I am not stuck on AIDS...just showing it is not like the AIDS epidemic. This virus is being fought sooner than the AIDS virus. Therefore the "outbreak" is being controlled, fast, unlike the AIDS virus.

Uneducated people are spreading fear and making this out to be a huge outbreak and therefore creating a panic.

I am showing people that it is unlike the AIDS virus...where hundreds died before anything will be done...something is being done about it and it appears to be under control.

Be glad..it isn't anything like the AIDS outbreak.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

What cdc truck?
Were you do you live in the area also?

Sorry about all the questions, pm me if it's personal, I'd really like to know what's going on in my backyard.

Nope, I can post it here. not this last Friday, but the Friday before, I was bringing my boys to school, we were driving down erial rd, extremely small town in CLEMENTON, south jersey, literally 1mile by 1 mile in its entierty, anyway, it's 8:15 a.m., my son starts yelling, why is there a big CDC truck going down erial rd.??? It was going in the opposite direction, so I turned my head, & sure enough, big CDC truck. I originally thought it had to do with the boy that died from my county, camden county, from the enterovirus???? It still could have had to do with the boy, if the truck made a right at the light, he could have been going towards the boys area, but if the truck kept going straight, then he was heading up north.......since I was going in the opposite direction, I couldn't tell which way the truck went.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I remember when you posted that.

My goodness that's some creepy stuff.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Wait AND there is enterovirus in your city? Wow... keep your eyes peeled on this one.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing that.

I'm in Edison and am more worried about the enterovirus then Ebola having a 3 & 7 year old boy/girl. My son just got over being sick last weekend.

😷

I'm not freaking out over catching it at this point just the utter failure of mismanagement by our officials. I wonder what Candidate Christie has to say about all this, usually it's hard to shut him up!

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

I'm sorry you all are dealing with enterovirus
I have a school aged child and an infant so that scares me so much.

I can't wait to hear from Christie, that's going to be interesting.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Chrisitie is too worried about being tired of hearing about minimum wage.....he doesn't care and if he does make a statement it will regurgitate everything already said by other officials

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Link

Found this from a few days ago.

The governor said that a traveler from West Africa presenting a temperature along with other symptoms was “a leading indicator” for Ebola, but added of the temperature-taking, “Is it enough? Probably not, but on the other hand, right now, it’s the best we can do, and when there’s more testing available, which we understand they’re going to give us more aggressive tools to screen at Newark, where appropriate, we’ll be ready to do that.”

Asked if he supported a travel ban from suspected Ebola-harboring African countries, Christie declined to comment, saying, “That’s something the president’s going to have to decide. You know, what I can do as governor is to continue to be ready to deal with whatever my state’s going to have to deal with. I’m not in a position to make that decision, and I probably don’t have all the information I’d need to make it.”

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

Thanks for sharing that.

I'm in Edison and am more worried about the enterovirus then Ebola having a 3 & 7 year old boy/girl. My son just got over being sick last weekend.

😷

I'm not freaking out over catching it at this point just the utter failure of mismanagement by our officials. I wonder what Candidate Christie has to say about all this, usually it's hard to shut him up!

I'm very worried about the enterovirus. Between my 10 yr old & 13 yr old, they've had hospitalized pneumonia 4 times within 3 years. I also worry because my 13 yr old had lymes at the age of 2. So I understand your concern. I'm more worried for the kids then anything else....my 13 yr. old seems to catch things awfully easily....

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Interesting. I wonder what he is talking about here

Asked if taking a traveler’s temperature at Newark Airport was sufficient screening for Ebola, Christie responded that the federal government was “getting ready, as I understand it, to provide us with some greater tools to test, but the federal government has to provide those to the individual states and the screening areas.”

and here

The governor said that a traveler from West Africa presenting a temperature along with other symptoms was “a leading indicator” for Ebola, but added of the temperature-taking, “Is it enough? Probably not, but on the other hand, right now, it’s the best we can do, and when there’s more testing available, which we understand they’re going to give us more aggressive tools to screen at Newark, where appropriate, we’ll be ready to do that.”

edit on 21-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

That's funny I added it to mine after reading it also.

I love "probably not", at least he's honest - I almost forgot who I was talking about!

Nobody wants to be the one to shut down the airports or even allude to it, the corporations are holding our representatives hostage. I find that incredibly eye opening.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join