It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida mom launches petition against Toys 'R Us for carrying 'Breaking Bad' figures

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Today

We need to keep the prisons full. I mean has this mom lost her mind? This is going to cut into my profits!!

$$$$

"I was very shocked and appalled," Susan Schrivjer said of when she saw the "Breaking Bad" action figures in her local Toys 'R Us, and on the store's website.

I didn't like this show from its inception because I immediately saw how it glorified drug culture and it sickened me.

Now to put this on shelves for kids? Sickening give me a freaking break.

IM SICK OF CAPITALISM. Screw your profits, your ratings, your mansions and everything else.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I agree with you 100%
Should not EVER BE in a Toys R Us
Not appropriate at any price

Sad what is happening to this country

Extremely sad

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sophie111609

How dare you suggest that I shouldn't be aloud to make more money off of my idea!

What you think your entitle?

Your just jealous because I'm making all the money!

This is a war against the rich and successful!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

As you know I saw this on Facebook and was just as appalled.

I've seen the show and it glorifies drugs, criminals, murder and all that goes along with drug dealers. I didn't care for it.

These dolls should be sold at places like Spencer Gifts not Toys R Us!

I agree with this mom 100%

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

I am disgusted by the actions of people in this country.

Greed is destroying us.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Big deal.
How is any different then kids buying Barbie dolls or G.I Joes?

Just another slow day.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Are you kidding me?

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
How would these kids know about the show to even want the dolls unless their parents let them watch?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This is ridiculous in my opinion, the whole people getting offended over this. Be an adult and when you walk by the aisle with little Johnny or Jane tell them those people are bad people and your not buying that. Do people even live in the real world anymore? But I am sure no one has a problem with say the call of duty lego sets ( which are awesome) or the many video games they sell that include violence and drugs and sex and you get the point... By the way how can anyone not like Breaking Bad the show was funny as hell?

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Why get mad at this now? There are a million figures with guns at that store so our children can play killing other humans but breaking bad is just too much? Also there are a lot of adult collectors out there such as myself and Toys R Us has had a section for us for years now. They have carried figures like Jason Vorhees, Hellraiser, and Kill Bill. I understand the complaint of not letting children have it but adults shop there too and it should simply be up to the parent to not buy it. I mean come on, if properly parented the child shouldn't even know what Breaking Bad is if he sees it on the shelf. No harm done what so ever.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Meh, I kinda see what restricted is saying, both those brands have had their own issues with people complaining about what they stand for.
I don't know if that is the point the poster is trying to make but that is what I thought of when I read it.

I semi agree that maybe Toys-r-us is not the best place to sell Breaking Bad stuff as it is in no way a kids show and kids should not have been watching it.

I would disagree that the show glorified drug culture though, not like walter was living the life of luxury in the show.
Was in constant strife and it pretty much ruined the very life of his family that he was trying to save

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: lysacid

lets keep complaining about the choices of our youth while we continue to glorify gang, drug, and violence culture.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sophie111609

I think you missed a bit of sarcasm in questions post

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Good point.

We should make little meth labs for them to play with too. We can sell them next to the little ovens or next to the little cars.

edit on 10/19/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yeah maybe I did.....my bad
I am just protective of kids, I'm a mom
This world has enough BS, and its not getting any easier.
I worry how this world will be as my kids get older......

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I am 51 years old and sorry, but to put the blame on a tv show and not accept the things our children learn in our wonderful public school systems is naïve as hell.

I do agree it shouldn't be a toy per se but I learned all about drugs and sex before entering high school! Who did I learn it from? Other kids who's parents had no GD parenting skills what so ever! It was the upbringing MY parents used on me that enabled me to learn right from wrong! It was the ass whoopins I got that taught me there were bad consequences for doing bad things!

I can almost guarantee that this woman rarely says "NO" to her child/children, let alone discipline them enough to the point they fear stepping out of line!

Blame the "Progressive Doctrine" for why our little angels today are so narcissistic and have no respect for parents let alone any authority figures!

This woman should be more worried about her parenting skills than a toy if she thinks this will turn her kids into a drug addicted, murderer.....

All the crazy snip going on in this world and a woman who is against a toy store selling a toy she doesn't agree with is bat snip crazy!

I wonder how many violent video games her angels play?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

So what if we made a bunch of little meth labs and put them next to the action figure?

Is that where you draw the line?

Or is that ok too?

But your right. External influence doesn't matter.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
On the one hand, I agree with her... not because it might somehow damage her little angel's delicate sensibilities but because young kids don't know what the hell Breaking Bad is.

On the other hand, ToysR'Us sells toys. They have plenty of items geared toward teens and young adults, like RC planes/boats/cars, intricate models, adult-rated video games, etc.

Her argument is just furthering the pussification of America.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Just couldn't resist some how turning this into a blame the progressives thing huh?
You just got done saying don't blame an outside source, blame the parents but then turn around and blame an outside source....
Confused

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join