It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida mom launches petition against Toys 'R Us for carrying 'Breaking Bad' figures

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Good point.

We should make little meth labs for them to play with too. We can sell them next to the little ovens or next to the little cars.

LOL

I'm sure the Motor homes will be available for Christmas!

Man, I should go buy some of those dolls! I'll bet they'll be collectible soon!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I wonder how many people found out about these toys because of this woman and have gone out and bought them...free advertising.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

So what if we made a bunch of little meth labs and put them next to the action figure?

Is that where you draw the line?

Or is that ok too?

But your right. External influence doesn't matter.

Emotional Correctness doesn't get far with me anymore.....sorry.

Did you not digest what I just said?

It was my parents and how they brought me up that taught me right from wrong. Even though I had outside influences back in the sixties, those influences took a back seat to what I knew would happen to me if my parents found out!

Why is personal responsibility such a hard word for Progressives to understand?

I don't like Wal Mart, so do I petition them? Nope! I spend my money elsewhere! Toys R US is not the only place to buy toys! As a matter of fact, most of their stuff is over priced to begin with!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

So what if we made a bunch of little meth labs and put them next to the action figure?

Is that where you draw the line?

Or is that ok too?

But your right. External influence doesn't matter.

Stupid argument.

If the kid knows enough about the show to associate meth labs with the figures, his whiny mom obviously let him watch the show... which would make her whole argument moot.

Are kids so impressionable that you can't let them play with a figure for fear they'll mimic it in real life? Does GI Joe make kids run around with a rifle? Do the Ninja Turtles make kids grab martial arts weapons and solicit training tips from rats?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Yes kids are that Impressionable.

Answer the question, do you draw the line at kids buying little meth labs to go with their figurines?

#avoid #distract #detract

YES go joes cause kids to go around with little toy guns, yes to all of your questions.
edit on 10/19/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Good point.

We should make little meth labs for them to play with too. We can sell them next to the little ovens or next to the little cars.

LOL

I'm sure the Motor homes will be available for Christmas!

Man, I should go buy some of those dolls! I'll bet they'll be collectible soon!

Meth Barbie!
EasyBake Meth Oven!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
a reply to: onequestion

As you know I saw this on Facebook and was just as appalled.

I've seen the show and it glorifies drugs, criminals, murder and all that goes along with drug dealers. I didn't care for it.

These dolls should be sold at places like Spencer Gifts not Toys R Us!

I agree with this mom 100%

You clearly didn't get the show... AT ALL.
What a pathetic waste of breath even complaining.... busy body whiners.

edit on 19/10/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Ok, I am going to be very bad on this one, even when I hate capitalism gone corrupted, but with that said, I have to say that the women is and idiot, hell if she doesn't like what she sees, by all means pass along the aisle of the "offensive toys" and get into the religious base toys.

After all isn't American the land of capitalism?

Hell I bet she is just jealous that she didn't think about the idea herself.

She needs to get a life.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I didn't like this show from its inception because I immediately saw how it glorified drug culture and it sickened me.
IM SICK OF CAPITALISM. Screw your profits, your ratings, your mansions and everything else.

Funniest thing I have read in awhile, Breaking Bad glorifying drug culture. Which part glorified it the most? The OD where someone died on their own vomit? The multiple drug dealers that got killed? Maybe it was the other person that got half their face blown off. The LEO's that got killed? Oh wait I know, it was the family that was destroyed..

Yup, glorified.

A consumer has a choice, they don't have to buy any item a company is selling or they can go to another store.

edit on 19-10-2014 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

As you know I saw this on Facebook and was just as appalled.

I've seen the show and it glorifies drugs, criminals, murder and all that goes along with drug dealers. I didn't care for it.

These dolls should be sold at places like Spencer Gifts not Toys R Us!

I agree with this mom 100%

You geniuses denouncing the show should learn a little more about it before you share your opinion.

Getting involved with manufacturing and selling meth COMPLETELY DESTROYED the lives of all involved. There is no glorification... there's a lot of loss, despair, sadness, and violence brought on by trying to make a quick buck.

If you watch part of one episode of a show and claim to know what you're talking about, you'll go through life looking pretty stupid to everyone else.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

A consumer has a choice, they don't have to buy any item a company is selling or they can go to another store.

That quote made my day, yes sireee, but in our nation next door mom love to snoop in the widow to make sure that you are not doing anything bad because she has not lifeee. Yes sireee. no life.

Then these boring housewives wants everybody to do whatever they feel is the right thing, for the sake of their brats.
edit on 19-10-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

link   

Thank you!

I woke up this morning wondering "what can I be offended about, today?!"

This is perfect!

Seriously, the problem with America is that there are so many people out there that do not realize who gets to make the choices for them, and their children. I mean, the gall of some people to think that they can buy toys for their kids that we find morally reprehensible, where do these people come from? Lol.

We need to take our country back, and we need to make parents realize that only angry, soccer-moms have the wisdom and insight to protect America's youth. They are too stupid to make decisions for themselves and their children, so we need to use government force to do it for them!

BAN THOSE TOYS, LADIES!

link   

I loved Breaking Bad, awesome, awesome TV series. (One of the few things on TV I ever watched.) With that being said, I'm horrified that it's on TRU's shelves. The show wasn't for kids, it's not even for all adults. "Mommy, can I have the Breaking Bad Meth Playset?"... Seriously, leave such things to online retailers and Spencer Gifts...

link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Big deal.
How is any different then kids buying Barbie dolls or G.I Joes?

Just another slow day.
toy figure comes with a toy duffle bag of cash and toy bag of crystal meth......

Yeah, great toys for kids. NOT

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

G.I. Joe has got blood on his little plastic hands too.

In a statement, Toys 'R Us told NBC News that "the product packaging clearly notes that the items are intended for ages 15 and up" and "are located in the adult action figure area of our stores."

Today

Age 15 + and located in adult section = Parenting issue if these end up in the hands of under 15 year olds.

_____

On a personal note:

Breaking bad was no advert for Meth ...... Yikes !

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: UmbraSumus

It's not about the content of the show its about the cultural I pact of the popularity of the show itself.

link   
okay.

So Toys R us is selling breaking bad figures. So what? Seriously, why would anyone care? Is it possible those toys are going to come to life and start cooking meth in the Toys R Us bathroom? Well... that seems far-fetched. If you walk into a toys r us and you happen to dislike the toys they are selling, i dunno, here's a crazy idea: IGNORE IT! You do have the right to leave the store as well. I don't seem to recall toys r us forcing anyone to buy the toys. Its just like the tv show, if you don't want your kids to see it, man the f### up and be a parent and tell them NO! Its not like just seeing the toy on the shelf is going to turn your precious child into a meth cooking college professor.

Right?

Kallisti

link   

So you draw the line at them marketing small meth labs next to the figurines?

link   

Answer the question, do you draw the line at kids buying little meth labs to go with their figurines?

#avoid #distract #detract

YES go joes cause kids to go around with little toy guns, yes to all of your questions.

Um... my questions were facetious and rhetorical because I already know the answer. I have an idea: raise your kids to know the difference between fantasy and reality like most of us were taught. Your meth lab question is irrelevant because that's not even mentioned in the article and you're just being sensational for the sake of hubris.

I'm not sure what world you live in where kids are so fragile, but it must be a sad place. Although if you think kids are running around with ninja weapons talking to rats, I'd like to see that.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Yet its 100% ok for Toys R us to stock action figured with guns and violent video games?

But drugs is so much worse?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join