It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Terrifying True Facts About The Real Annabelle Doll

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735

That is quite the creepy doll, love it. However, I wouldn't want to own a haunted doll. Looking at pictures and reading stories of the dolls history, that I can handle, lol.

I love old antique dolls, we have a little oddities cabinet, I've ben trying to add a creepy doll or creepy doll head. My husband says no
Still working on him, lol.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: sled735
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Have you ever watched Haunted Collector on t.v.? He takes items that have spirit attachments from people's homes and stores them under glass cases. Apparently, there is something about glass containers that traps a spirit. I don't know how it works, but this is what the pros use.

Photons can get through glass, but a spirit that can get through solid objects cannot? This makes no sense at all, considering everything people claim they have penetrated, from cloth to stone to metal (vehicles included)

I think it has something to do with mirrors, Glass is basically a very crude mirror without the backing.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Oh yeah, I've been "introduced". Even have one of my very own.
Or maybe he? has his very own human.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have a couple of odd things that have been happening since we bought this house about 6 years ago. The first has been an off and on occurrence. We have all seen this, my wife,son, daughter and myself. This past summer I came in through the front door,walked into the kitchen and out of the corner of my eye, down the hallway, saw what I thought was my wife walk from our bedroom, across the hall, to the bathroom. Thinking it was her, I started talking to her about something. Getting no answer, I went to the bathroom to see why she wasn't answering. No one there. I went looking for her and she had been out on the back porch reading. I had been working out front on the roses and she had been out back for at least 20 minutes. This has happened several times to different members of the family. I'll post the other if any are interested.

Forgot to mention, we were the only ones home at the time, kids were gone.

Ok. Like I said, this is a bit creepy. This doesn't happen often, maybe once a month. Sometimes when I'm asleep, I wake up cause I feel something walking across the foot of the bed. Not like a person, but, you know when a cat is not sure of it's footing, how they will carefully, step by step go across something? Like that. Very light, very slow. I usually fall asleep with the TV on and there is enough light to see that nothing is there. I never sit up suddenly, just open my eyes enough to see and watch. We have cats, but I have felt these foot steps going across the bed while being able to plainly see there's no cat in the room.. I saw a docu a while back of some woman having a similar problem and actually caught hers on video. A nasty, creepy looking little creature, about the size of a small monkey. But, so far,I haven't seen anything.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ed and Lorraine Warren are known fraudsters. They tend to embellish and make crap up.

Embellish is the key word-They appeared to be entertainers before investigators.

Andrea Perron (real life daughter in the Burrisville case) said on BTE radio that the Warrens screwed up in the investigation and that they made the situation even worse. But that's her account and it may appears in her books-which coincidentally have hit the selves following the release of The Conjuring.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Thaks for that one, that thread is pretty awesome, too.

Your experience reminded me of one I had. I rented some rooms out in a house I lived in. The events there occurred over a protracted period of eight years. Heres a short version of that.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
In the 1990s my sister swore that a doll she had, one of those talking ones, would constantly swear, would talk and swear at many odd moments during the day and night without being touched, so much so that she had to put it under things in her laundry room, and she eventually ended up putting it in a garbage bag (it was swearing the whole way) and handing it to the garbage collectors personally. She had said she'd send it to me, as I was interested in having this odd doll, but when I eventually talked to her by phone she said she'd gotten rid of it (I wasn't happy, darn).

I used to have one as a child it was called chatty cathy doll,it alway reminded me of the twilight zone episode where the father's(telly savalas) daughter had a evil doll that he couldn't get rid of it was called the living doll.
My husbands grandmother gave a regular looking baby doll to my daughter one Christmas she was under 2 at the time, as soon as she opened it it's eyes blinked and she screamed and threw it across the room. needless to say I had to get rid of the doll.
Dolls are right up there with clowns they both are creepy...
the living doll

sorry I didn't realise this was the radio version, can't find the televised one.
edit on 18-10-2014 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

That is quite the creepy doll, love it. However, I wouldn't want to own a haunted doll. Looking at pictures and reading stories of the dolls history, that I can handle, lol.

I love old antique dolls, we have a little oddities cabinet, I've ben trying to add a creepy doll or creepy doll head. My husband says no
Still working on him, lol.

When I was young my cousin had one of those tall walking dolls. I hated that thing. It stood in the corner of her bedroom and looked like it was just staring at us when we went to bed (when I slept over). I got a really bad vibe from it. lol

My sister-in-law collected dolls. She had a whole room FULL of nothing but dolls. I took one look in that room and never went back in there again whenever we visited.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
not withstanding the minor point that a alledged " demon " who cannot escape a glass cabinet is not really that scary

Haha yeah man, good to know that if I ever need to contain a violent bloodthirsty demon all I need is a glass box and some water.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Overload of dolls can be super creepy. I had a Spanish teacher who collected porcelain dolls and I always hated going over to her house. She had them all positioned so that they were looking right at the couch and chairs, yikes.

I'd like one or two creepy dolls, anymore than that is just to creepy, lol.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
a reply to: Tatanka

Kinda makes one curious where exactly they got that belief from...

Perhaps they once had an experience like this:

Some friends of ours were ministers who went to Haiti. One time they brought us some carved figurines as a gift. These statutes caused us strife in the family. Our daughter, Marie, felt like there were eyes watching her as she walked across the room. The Lord finally got our attention and we destroyed the wood figures. The wood would not burn normally and finally I had to soak them in charcoal-lighter fluid. When they finally burned, a green flame came out and shot toward us. These dolls were probably made by Voodoo worshipers who blessed them so that they would be sold. After getting rid of the statutes, the strife left our family. What do you think the green flame was - a demon?

the green flame was probably cause by a copper solution soaked into the wood to make it resistant to rot and pests this would also potentially make it harder to burn

also heres some hardcore magic for yall
youre preconceptions effect the way you experience reality
if you believe you are being haunted you will attribute every negative instance to being haunted
if you dont believe you are being haunted negative events will instead be investigated and be attributed to the root cause or if one is not immediately apparent a realistic scenario on what could have happened

two people experiencing a picture falling from the wall
person one:"zomg ghosts!"
person two:"probably due to slight temperature variations in the different materials causing them to expand at different rates..... little movements over a long time and eventually it fell..... ah well"

its in your head
your mind will fill in the gaps based on whatever patterns it has been trained in
if you really believe the doll is haunted and capable of moving your mind will fill in the gaps with the doll moving and if you dont it wont

this is why it wont ever be caught on camera

and thats the magic yall
edit on 20-10-2014 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Yes, so keep in mind that many of the top known paranormal events have their stink of embellishment on it. Many of the preconceived ideas of what ghosts are and what they do come from those two. They aren't to be trusted and I would say that anything that THEY have investigated should be stricken from the record. That doesn't mean follow up investigations can't be performed on things they investigated, but no more from them.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I do not like the choice of doll for the movie, real doll looked better to me. But the movie was Ok.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hello all,
What does everyone think of these so called professional ghost groups that charge, in some cases a lot, to investigate your home or business? Her name is Lorraine Warren, incidentally, and I heard she charges $1,000 to investigate a home or business. I ran into a group in the Fort Worth/Dallas, Texas area that put in the site their reason for charging is because free groups have less experience and less equipment. That was one of their reasons for charging. What do others think about this?

Thanks and cheers
SF
reply to: intrptr

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SanFrancisco1956

Lorraine Warren,

You want to be careful about enlisting the big professional Media celebrity ghost hunting agencies. I have seen some hoaxes with them. I don't know about her personally. All I know is what the rest of the big professional celebrity ghost hunting agencies say about her.

Can we trust them? I have a video or two somewhere that debunk TAPS. They think she's great.

I have seen ghosts personally so Its not me trying to steer you about phony baloney.

By the way SF56, welcome to ATS! Are you asking in general or having some spirit trouble? Anything you want to share, people might be willing to listen and maybe provide solutions.

regards,

intrptr

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

edit on 21-10-2014 by intrptr because: sorry, double post

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Thank you very much for the welcome, I appreciate it! My irk is teams that charge money for supposedly helping others and to say they are justified because free teams have less experience and less equipment is a nasty put down to all the pros who do it for free because they sincerely want to help people. They don't have any clue whether a free team has less experience or less equipment. More equipment does not make you a better ghost hunter. I say be kind to those on your way up because you will see them again on your way down.

As for TAPs, in my opinion, what a joke that group has become and they've been caught (just take a look at YouTube) so many times faking things. And there are others on tv who've been caught faking evidence, not just them. I got so I would record the taps programs, watch the beginning where the owner tells what is going on and then fast forward to the reveal which was little to nothing. I eventually stopped recording them altogether. I've done a little GH and have found you typically get more evidence or responses from spirits when there are three or less of you. And a lot if it is just plain dumb luck in catching something or being at the right place at the right time.

My latest interest has been The Dead Files, I don't know if they are being totally upfront about everything because the owners will say this happened, that happened, saw this, saw that yet when Amy Allan does her walk you never hear or see anything, not even a tap on a wall. I think Amy does have some kind of ability but I am confused on many things about that show.

I have had some activity for a while and I was going to ask everyone once I got past that mandatory 20 responses before you can start your own thread, how does one tell if they are dealing with ghosts or aliens? I supposedly had both, according to several psychic clearers (whom yes I did pay dearly for) I only had ghosts but they never seemed to all leave. That was when I stumbled (coincidence or not?) across someone who has been in the business a long time and I supposedly have aliens (and occasional ghosts but really are just bystanders looking for help) that is what stays behind when I've had clearings done. I've looked everywhere on line to try and find the difference in signs between the two and have found nothing. I do occasionally get what I call hop-ons for ghosts but often they are children and they ask me to help them, to help them get out of this place and I can do nothing for them and it makes me feel awful a child is stuck and doesn't know how to move on.

Anyway if you or anyone else has any advice in determining the difference and what one can do if it is an alien, I would be VERY grateful!
Cheers
SF

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'm not sure how senior Lutz could call the house a money pit, I thought they only stayed there for thirty days before they ran off?

a reply to: UnBreakable

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I got so I would record the taps programs, watch the beginning where the owner tells what is going on and then fast forward to the reveal which was little to nothing. I eventually stopped recording them altogether. I

Lol, me too. Thanks for the laugh. I can tell in your overall post you are generally well versed in this field (better than me).

…how does one tell if they are dealing with ghosts or aliens?

That is an excellent question for a thread. I have been here a while, trolling the paranormal and aliens forums and I don't think I hear that asked much. the paragraph you wrote following that statement is really good and would generate sizable interest here. Get them 20 posts and cut an paste it to your first forum. Ping me and I'll come along for the ride, seeing everyone behaves…

The little envelope in the upper right corner is white when theres a private message. You can send one to anyone by clicking on the little green man in the bottom of anyones avatar. In the drop down menu click on private message.

I don't have any pat answers or knowledgable sources for you at this time except this. If you believe in higher spirits (non human) like, if they were here the beginning they must be what we call aliens, after all they are not from here (imo).

You obviously are above average for sensitivity to the spiritual realm, I was impressed to read what you are capable of. Ever see "the sixth sense"?

Bear in mind if you start a thread there are those here that will come on suddenly and be somewhat offensive with their remarks about this subject. Not everyone here works and plays well with others.

Ignoring them and their insults is something you learn how to do here. You can also ping staff in that same drop down menu about any issues or questions, reaching them direct by clicking on the Alert option.

Looking forward to hear more from you in the future. Seriously, let me know if you start a thread about 'ghosts or aliens'.

regards,

intrptr

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SanFrancisco1956
Hello all,
What does everyone think of these so called professional ghost groups that charge, in some cases a lot, to investigate your home or business? Her name is Lorraine Warren, incidentally, and I heard she charges $1,000 to investigate a home or business. I ran into a group in the Fort Worth/Dallas, Texas area that put in the site their reason for charging is because free groups have less experience and less equipment. That was one of their reasons for charging. What do others think about this?

Thanks and cheers
SF

Welcome to ATS, and my thread. Happy you decided to join.

I think if a group is going to charge, it should only be for their expenses to cover coming out to a place (gas, hotel, etc.) and that's only if they have a far distance to travel. If they are local, it should be a free service. Most ghost hunters are interested in producing evidence of real ghosts. If they can do this, then they'll be famous.
They can write a book and make their money that way. LOL

edit on 10/22/2014 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

My latest interest has been The Dead Files, I don't know if they are being totally upfront about everything because the owners will say this happened, that happened, saw this, saw that yet when Amy Allan does her walk you never hear or see anything, not even a tap on a wall. I think Amy does have some kind of ability but I am confused on many things about that show.

I think The Dead Files is one of my favorite shows because Amy always covers different ways to get rid of the ghosts/demons, depending on how it got there. I have learned a lot watching that show.

If you want to help the little girl move on, just talk to her. Tell her to look for the light; she has family waiting for her in the light. Tell her not to be afraid, she will be safe. Calm her and help her go to the light.

As for getting rid of aliens, I don't think that is possible. They are much more advanced than us in every way. But getting rid of a ghost is pretty simple... a demon requires a little more effort, and usually a very strong spiritual person to perform the ritual.

If you have experiences you want to share, just click on my signature and post in my paranormal thread. You will be with like-minded people there, and you won't be ridiculed.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join