It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Terrifying True Facts About The Real Annabelle Doll

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Lorraine Warren still has the haunted artifacts museum. She lives in Monroe Connecticut. TV crews and reporters have been in there. I don't know if people 'off the street' are allowed in there but it wouldn't hurt to ask …

Sorry, "Lorraine Warren". No thanks, I've enough demons in my past. I think I caught a show on her about Annebelle. She handles haunted objects differently. Some she buries, others she destroys. Being sensitive helps I am sure.

I don't know why she "keeps" this one. if the "vessel" is truly "occupied" maybe its best to just leave it alone. Kind of a prison. As long as the doll exists the spirit behind it can't hurt anyone? I don't pretend to understand it.

We both have experienced the spirit world, its not a matter of belief for us, but haunted objects or talismans are not my strong suit.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I find this very interesting Sled, thanks for bringing it to us... especially this close to All Hallow's Eve!

The Warren's, to my understanding, are well respected within the Paranormal community. I'm sure that some of their findings, stories and experiences have been embellished, I mean they have made a career out of it and as such do need to make a living. As FlyersFan pointed out, they are willing (Lorraine at least) to admit when something has been over sensationalized. That, IMHO is to their credit.

People are always going to rag on about "pics or it didn't happen", let them. They are the ones missing out on the thrill of it all. Are all these things true about Annabelle? Most likely not, but if even a fraction of it is true, well then HOLY SHIZZ what a fantastic thing that is.

So many mysteries in this life, we just don't know all that we don't know!

Happy Halloween!

edit on 17-10-2014 by IrishCream because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: IrishCream
they are willing (Lorraine at least) to admit when something has been over sensationalized.v

The husband - Ed Warren - died back in 2006.
I don't know what, if anything, he said about how Hollywood portrayed their adventures.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Nyiah

Needless to say, I'm rather skeptical when people claim inanimate objects are possessed.

We could call Elaine Warren and arrange for you to spend a night with Annabelle, how would that be?

Take her out of the case, use her as a pillow… just for one night. Any takers?

Did you really expect me to say "Aw hell no"? Of course I would jump at that, and livestream it. If it moves, I own up & have witnesses. If not, someone gets to explain why the demon dolly didn't act all demon-y.

I'd be willing to do the same thing. Heck with a live stream, you wouldn't even need a person in the room. If this glass case is what is keeping the doll in check, take the doll out of the case and put a camera with a live stream on it 24/7. You could have people come in and out of the room for periods of time to test if people need to be present as well. This would be incredibly easy to set up and would go a long way to proving this case true (as well as haunting in general). It says a lot that this hasn't been done yet.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Annabelle just needs a "good guy" to keep her company.

Of course, these days he's looking a little...uhm...worse for wear...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: intrptr

Okay .. looks like two different dolls to me. The hair is different and the clothing is a bit different. Are those pictures of the same doll? I wonder why they look like two different dolls. (and it's not the color vs b&w thing … )

Ummm.. noticing the bangs and the hem line… Looks to be the same doll, just maybe moved?

I have no chain of custody for the photos, when they were taken, by whom, etc.

Seems Annabelle is "fidgety" in her case…

Another image

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Pick Me ! Pick Me! [ Hand waving bouncing in the seat ]
So many people get "the creeps" being around stuff like this, but I would love to spend a night with some of these supposedly possessed items. Stay up all night, cameras and recording equipment rolling the whole time.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: IrishCream
they are willing (Lorraine at least) to admit when something has been over sensationalized.v

The husband - Ed Warren - died back in 2006.
I don't know what, if anything, he said about how Hollywood portrayed their adventures.

I knew he had passed, but wasn't sure when (thanks for that info), so I didn't want to say it here and then have the usual rhetoric follow like, "are you an expert on the Warren's" or "Since you know sooo much", etc. LOL!

Oddly enough, my husband is TERRIFIED of dolls, specifically of the porcelain variety. His mom collects them and one time we all stayed over at my in-law's and DH and I got to stay in the spare room, which houses all her dolls. He laid down with the lights off for less than 5 minutes before he sat straight up and said "I can't do it, can't f*@king do it!" He grabbed the pillow and went out to the couch. I slept just fine though hehehe.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
There are lots of 'haunted items' on ebay.
You could start your own collection and have some fun with it.
A new hobby ... collecting haunted items ...
Also - There are a bunch of ghost cams on the internet that watch haunted items.
People can plug into them and watch.

bwahahahahaaaaa

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

But I would take Annabelle for the night. Wouldn't worry a bit.

Fresh meat. Sleep tight. Tempt fate much? Of course you do understand the doll is not the thing. Even a night with her might not produce any "visible" effects. Maybe you just get in a car wreck that week, or contract a rare disease that does't quite kill you all at once.

Maybe tragedy befalls your loved ones, your children. Tragedy that has no particular explanation but months or years down the road you wonder if it had anything to do with that night? After all, your life was peaches before that.

Sorry, just carrying things a bit. Point being its not a Hollywood doll, and the consequences of challenging some hex or spell aren't always apparently connected with a particular source.

Lorraine Warren seems to disagree, though.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Pick Me ! Pick Me! [ Hand waving bouncing in the seat ]
So many people get "the creeps" being around stuff like this, but I would love to spend a night with some of these supposedly possessed items. Stay up all night, cameras and recording equipment rolling the whole time.

Pick you, Pick you!

Lol, the spirits pick who they interact with, not me. You have never been introduced?

Don't know what to say about that. When they "Pick on you", you will know it…

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I would SO pay-per-view that!

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Nyiah

Needless to say, I'm rather skeptical when people claim inanimate objects are possessed.

We could call Elaine Warren and arrange for you to spend a night with Annabelle, how would that be?

Take her out of the case, use her as a pillow… just for one night. Any takers?

Did you really expect me to say "Aw hell no"? Of course I would jump at that, and livestream it. If it moves, I own up & have witnesses. If not, someone gets to explain why the demon dolly didn't act all demon-y.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

That's a convenient way to blame a coincidence on a haunting.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735

My grandmother was a Jehovah's witness. She would always secretly throw out all our stuff she thought or was told was evil.

She once threw out a huge smerf we had. The garbage truck that picked it up drove around with it on the roof for years. We would mess with her when we saw it and tell her the devil was keeping it in our lives....she refused to drive behind the garbage truck and would go way out of her way not to even see it.....lol

Once we pretended to be possessed by it when she got stuck on a one way behind the truck.

Oh good times.....

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

That's a convenient way to blame a coincidence on a haunting.

Its not "haunted". You guys watch too many movies.

Memorable scenes are influencing some people.

The doll is not seen to move anyway. Whatever the Warrens are seeing "in" it is not recordable on video, either.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Haunted, possessed, same difference. Both extraordinary claims with little to no evidence supporting them (especially not the extraordinary evidence that is required).

Sounds very convenient to me especially considering this was my first post in the thread where I exposed Ed and Lorraine as conmen. Not recordable on video translates to me like they are trying to hand wave away the fact that their claims can be easily debunked with modern technology. You just made me trust those two even less.
edit on 17-10-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Not recordable on video translates to me like they are trying to hand wave away the fact that their claims can be easily debunked with modern technology. You just made me trust those two even less.

I didn't "make you do anything", you already had that bent. You aren't blaming me for your opinions are you?

In your world you expect spirits to be 'visible' and what, do cameos on demand? You would dismiss that as "lasers" or something else even if it did happen right in front of your eyes.

There is no amount of "proof" that will convince a skeptic. The spirit world has you right where you want them.
edit on 17-10-2014 by intrptr because: change

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Awesome job on the thread. sled735!

I wonder if it has less to do with "possesion" and more to do with the concept of a tulpa.

The tulpa is a construct that is developed over time based on the attention that the creator pours in to it. So, you can imagine a doll having all that attention pumped in to it by a previous owner.

Anyway, fascinating and awesome for Hallowen.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I think hauntings are definitely real. There is a Territorial army barracks in Northampton that has history of a murder and suicide. I've had family members that have been in the TA and used these barracks and there are many stories of music players turning themselves on in the middle of the night, footsteps and feelings of pure dread.

The certain rooms where the incidence happened aren't used and everyone who has gone into them has their own personal story to tell of what they experienced. Needless to say they tend not to go into this area again. Let's just say that hundreds of people don't lie, and many of these were sceptical beforehand and now dread going into these particular rooms.

So I definitely believe hauntings can be real, this doll is locked away for a reason...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

any evidence that any of the above claims are true - PS - it doesn't help that the tail is not even internally consistent :

Still, today, Annabelle remains inside a glass case in the Warren's museum where she can't do any harm.

not withstanding the minor point that a alledged " demon " who cannot escape a glass cabinet is not really that scary

the claim contradicts is earlier "" abilities to escape locked rooms :

would often come home to find Annabelle on the couch, knowing they had left her locked in Donna’s room.

Yeah but if you're a total idiot like most people, it makes perfect sense. You're also likely to buy a ticket to see the movie for which this story is a marketing tool. Not buying it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join