It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belize says NO to sick US citizens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
The couple wasn't allowed into Belize, but the rest of the passengers toured Belize City.

TV News is reporting that the people on the ship were not allowed off .

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Not looking for summer holiday will likely be going in late winter/spring.

Hey not my fault if the "good old" US of A is a dump with crapy social mobility.

You still coming for a visit? LOL

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Well, people do get sea-sick and other viruses on cruises all the time. I really hope this is a false alarm.

Even if it is truly ebola, WHY was she so stupid to go on a cruise when she was one who was exposed to ebola?
Everyone on that entire ship is going to have to be quarantined.

I don't blame Belize at all for refusing the cruise access to their people. That is what a government is supposed to do - protect their people.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Here's why I don't give the CDC or this administration a pass.

You can't assert to the American public we have little to worry about because we have the best healthcare system in the world, when the truth is we have thousands of jurisdictions responsible for their own preparedness and protocols.

Obama and Frieden have placed Americans at risk by pushing an untrue narrative for no reason other than political expediency. If panic and public fear ensues, it will be far greater and the direct consequence of their loss of credibility. They have willfully diminished vigilance and encouraged over confidence.

Failed leadership. Plain and simple.

edit on 17-10-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: itswhatev

This link is claiming she's been fine for 17 days. How long has it been? Is my math wrong?????

17 days?? Seriously??

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

This article says she is in good health per the ship doctor and that she only self-quarantined when she was told the have increased restrictions on the monitored group. I wonder if will eventually hear that she also got permission from the CDC to travel, as the second nurse said?

This article also says the rest of the passengers were allowed to disembark, just not the quarantined passengers.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Here's why I don't give the CDC or this administration a pass.

You can't assert to the American public we have little to worry about because we have the best healthcare system in the world, when the truth is we have thousands of jurisdictions responsible for their own preparedness and protocols.

So true. We have never had a public health system. If this is what passes for one, it's broken.

I get that this nurse probably had this cruise booked for months, but her co-worker (Nina Pham) went to the hospital on October 10th, initially tested positive for ebola late in the evening on the 11th, and confirmed by the CDC on the 12th. I can't believe this chick didn't know, before she boarded this cruise.
I really hope she remains healthy.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: KatrinaSurvivor
IF she truly has symptoms --- The best thing to do for containment is to leave everyone on the ship until the virus burns out. Have the Red Cross deliver tons of food and water and PPE and nurses and doctors and fluids.

I am not saying that is the nice thing to do --- but for containment, that is the only choice they have.

Letting those 3000 plus people come back to Galveston and travel on to their way is a bad, bad idea.

Have to agree.

chances are its just a case of Norovirus but until she gets blood test and the all clear isolate the ship and if it is Ebola? Well 21 days cruise for everyone I guess.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: crazyewok

Not looking for summer holiday will likely be going in late winter/spring.

Hey not my fault if the "good old" US of A is a dump with crapy social mobility.

You still coming for a visit? LOL

Na went to Japan instead.

USA kinda went off the list with the whole riots/Ebola/terrorism risk/trigger happy police stuff. Doesn't seem a appealing place to visist at the moment

edit on 17-10-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Volund

We don't make much in Texas to just jump a plane to Ohio or take a cruise. The fact that these people are under the 21 day "quarantine" and yet they suddenly go to these places should raise flags with anyone.

Who said they just jumped on? This vacation may have been planned months in advance?

Who are you to judge there finances?

Give me a break the USA is not some 3rd world # hole. A steady job with proper finical planning and saving? A cruise is hardly out there.

originally posted by: Volund
I am glad you could afford cruises as a student... give me a break

Its called financial planning. I never drunk or smoked so I had money.

Its not my problem you can save or plan your finances or you have a large family to upkeep.

Ok, I'll give you that. But if a 5th of 6th are vacation with craps creek without a paddle strike, can we not call it a coincidence anymore? I'm starting to smell something and it's not a Texas rose.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutOmatIc
Belize, showing Obola how it's done. Nice.

Also, PEOPLE WILL NOT SELF-QUARANTINE!

I said it before, and will say it again. People are so "busy" these days with their lives that to make them quarantine themselves is impossible. You can't get people to hold still and pay attention these days for five minutes, let alone 21 days! Our A.D.D. instant gratification society has made sure of this. People are selfish, and ignorant. Why, they have things to do, people to see, vacations to go on, weddings to plan/attend, they simply can't be bothered to self-quarantine, nope.

There is also the ignorance of the incubation period that so far everyone is ignoring...there are still DAYS left that people who have been exposed/infected could start showing symptoms. And with new exposures means more days and weeks are added to that clock. This is not over by a long shot, I believe we are about to start seeing more, and more stories like this showing up. Where supposedly "quarantined" people who have been exposed have been running all over the place all willy nilly possibly infecting god knows how many others.

But "Ebola is hard to catch" right? Pfft...

Yup and most importantly people have bills to pay. dont know about the USA but in the UK employers wont be happy is one phones up and asks for 21 days off cause they might have Ebola.

Some sort of job protection law may be order.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
Hmmmm. I was just quoting the Belize news source; maybe they were mistaken.
Out of an abundance of caution, I would hope that they didn't all get off.

I wonder then why the ship is continuing on to Cozumel? Are the other passengers going to disembark there?

The ship called at the island of Roatan, Honduras on Wednesday and Belize City, Belize on Thursday. It's scheduled to visit Cozumel, Mexico today and return to Galveston on Sunday morning.

USAtoday

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj
Your math is okay.

I think they have derived the "17 days" by working backwards from yesterday (Oct 16) to the date when Duncan's lab tests were completed and it was found he had Ebola -- which was Sept 30.

I guess for some reason they think that this lab worker couldn't have been exposed to Ebola before then, even though Duncan's lab samples were collected on Sept 28.

And to me, that implies this lab worker didn't work with those samples before Sept 30. So perhaps it's a case of possible exposure while disposing of the remaining test samples after the results came back?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I do not blame the Belize government. Or any government for not wanting to have someone with such a deadly disease coming into their country. As cold as it sounds, the reality is, there are no countries outside of Africa that are prepared to deal with an outbreak of this kind of disease. No one wants to take the risk, and can anyone really blame them for such?

Would you be willing to risk your life or that of your family or country to assist a few people who may be carrying something that is very deadly? No, it is not fear, but the kind of err on the side of caution that the USA should be doing, but is not.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
a reply to: FlyersFan
Hmmmm. I was just quoting the Belize news source; maybe they were mistaken.
Out of an abundance of caution, I would hope that they didn't all get off.

I wonder then why the ship is continuing on to Cozumel? Are the other passengers going to disembark there?

The ship called at the island of Roatan, Honduras on Wednesday and Belize City, Belize on Thursday. It's scheduled to visit Cozumel, Mexico today and return to Galveston on Sunday morning.

USAtoday

Does anybody have a clue as to how many days??? First 17, now 19, what's the next magic number going to be, 21?

BAH!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Yea I caught that sudden change in the story too. Where before the Belize Ministry of Health reported that the person had symptoms...as found on this post by Destinyone here:

Confirmed with representatives of the Ministry of Health that they have indeed received a report that there is at least one passenger on board the cruise ship, Carnival Magic, showing symptoms similar to that of the Ebola virus.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now the person doesn't have any symptoms at all, and everything is just fine???? Something stinks here.

*puts on tinfoil hat:

Uh, we had a slight Ebola scare but uh...everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

*takes off hat.

a reply to: ValentineWiggin

edit on 17-10-2014 by AutOmatIc because: tinfoil

edit on 17-10-2014 by AutOmatIc because: pic

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Hire the Belize guy to be the head of the CDC.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
WHY was she so stupid to go on a cruise when she was one who was exposed to ebola?

I said to my husband yesterday that I'd never expected so many people to be so stupid as to travel when they're supposed to be self-quarantined. I've since begun to change my mind...perhaps they're not stupid. Perhaps they're just plain evil. Or selfish. Same thing.

My tin-foil hat is firmly on. It's starting to look as though they're awfully determined to spread this thing.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
woaaaaaaaaaaah I was being sarcastic. Settle down.

I think Belize did the right thing.
edit on 17-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Hire the Belize guy to be the head of the CDC.

Best post on the thread. Excellent idea. The USA should be adopting the practices these other countries have instead of keeping our borders wide open and our flights continuing on. Africa has restricted flights. Belize doesn't let people in who are on 'ebola watch'. Yet our CDC and Obama administration just continue on ... Unfreak'nbelievable!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join