It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has tested positive for Ebola

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkJS
Do you understand the significance of what's happening in Africa? If we do contain ebola in America it will not matter. If ebola gets out of control in Africa it will lead to the world's demise. I would like to see someone try to put a bubble over Africa once the death toll is in the millions. People will flee from Africa in the hundreds of thousands if not millions into neighboring countries until it's everywhere.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Pham could and did take the plasma from Brantly. So moving her there makes it more likely that when she recovers, her antibodies/plasma will be used for the vaccines or serums.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: D4rcyJones
The reason it becomes important is for keeping track

I'm pretty sure they requested support. Seems the CDC took its time getting there. I haven't had the time to dig into that yet but am basing it on their new promise to get there "sooner." And anyone in the area, in whatever capacity, stays there.

The world should have had a designated spot (or a spot, as in Africa). But they didn't do that. Still not to late to do some damage control, but they've already let this get one degree more out of control with their paralysis.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Yes, I was thinking about that too, but she is also blood type A I believe, so anybody right now with that blood type are in luck if they come down with ebola.

Type O is still out of luck, as we with type O are considered universal but can not take blood from any other type.

Perhaps if somebody with O recuperates from ebola with antibodies it would be much easier to treat almost anybody that comes down sick regardless of blood type.

My friend that is a nurse told me that type O could take another blood type I am no sure if that is right, but I know that Type A can only give to A and AB can give to both.

I remember taking this stuff about blood types in school but is been a long, long time.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm an O too. Lucky us. I wonder what the blood type of the second nurse, now at the CDC-Emory is.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Yes, type O is considered the original blood type and is the most popular, lucky us.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FerronMelwick
Do you understand the significance of what's happening in Africa? If we do contain ebola in America it will not matter. If ebola gets out of control in Africa it will lead to the world's demise. I would like to see someone try to put a bubble over Africa once the death toll is in the millions. People will flee from Africa in the hundreds of thousands if not millions into neighboring countries until it's everywhere.

Yes that is the theory- mass exodus. We need to take care of Africa, for obvious reasons. Just not first.

First of all I don't think that all people there have the means to do that. They don't have the money for whatever form of transportation is available there for entire families. Also if there was starting to be a significant vacuum there, sucking out a lot of people - that they would not be allowed to leave a country at a time. Other nations would not allow that IMO.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkJS

Yes that is the theory- mass exodus. We need to take care of Africa, for obvious reasons. Just not first.

First of all I don't think that all people there have the means to do that. They don't have the money for whatever form of transportation is available there for entire families. Also if there was starting to be a significant vacuum there, sucking out a lot of people - that they would not be allowed to leave a country at a time. Other nations would not allow that IMO.

So you think that moving masses of people could be contained? Just walking to the next city is problematic. Once it's in Northern Africa we will see this explode. America can't even keep Mexicans from crossing the boarder and you think Isis and the southern boarder of Europe has the means to stop at least one out of every hundred people from crossing?
edit on 16-10-2014 by FerronMelwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarkJS

So you think that moving masses of people could be contained? Just walking to the next city is problematic. Once it's in Northern Africa we will see this explode. America can't even keep Mexicans from crossing the boarder and you think Isis and the southern boarder of Europe has the means to stop at least one out of every hundred people from crossing?

If the threat from the invasion is big enough, I would expect them to take some kind of drastic measures. I could be wrong. Maybe they will just turn and purposefully not look as hordes of migrants come over, given they can afford to do so. We'll see.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Type O positive can receive either O negative of O positive. O negatives can only receive O negative. Any blood type can receive O negative.

We O's are probably immune to ebola.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

What frightens me is money. Sweatey palms due to a nervous flyer, or natural sweaty palms or any kind of sweat get on that dollar. That dollar goes to a cashier. Cashier gets sick. That dollar then goes to a customer who gets sick. So on and so forth

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

Not sure that's entirely true. Think about it. Even if the CDC did question him they may or may not have put him in isolation, especially since they haven't stepped up their game until now.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: pandarue

i dont think that would be an area of large concern, people who infectious and sweating all the place are probably not going to pop out for some shopping. I think transmission of this type would probably only happen if someone took a cab to the hospital rather than ambulance, but like i say i wouldnt worry... then again i use NFC payments for pretty much everything these days

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
A new possible report of Dallas Nurse and her husband on a cruise ship exhibiting signs of ebola....

Belize Confirms Patient With Ebola Symptoms On Cruise Ship Off Its Coast. The patient exhibiting Ebola symptoms has been confirmed to be a nurse at a Dallas hospital traveling with her husband.

Reports tonight are that two individuals possibly infected with the Ebola virus are in Belizean waters. Local TV station Channel 7 monitored in the capital City Of Belmopan tonight, reported having credible reports that a couple from a Texas-based cruise ship presently anchored off Belize City, is on a ship tender, unable to return to the cruise ship, while being refused entry to Belize City to catch an air ambulance awaiting at the International Airport to take them to the their country of origin, the U.S.A. The television station in its broadcast tonight said Belize health authorities contacted tonight have so far refused to deny or confirm the report. The patient exhibiting Ebola symptoms has been confirmed to be a nurse at a Dallas hospital traveling with her husband.

Later tonight in breaking news, Channel 5 Belize reported that it has:

“Confirmed with representatives of the Ministry of Health that they have indeed received a report that there is at least one passenger on board the cruise ship, Carnival Magic, showing symptoms similar to that of the Ebola virus. According to the report made to MOH, the person exhibiting the symptoms did not come ashore today. The ship is reportedly carrying 3652 passengers and a total population of 4633 persons.

“The Carnival Magic departed from Galveston Texas on Sunday, October 12 arrived in Mahogany Bay, Honduras on Wednesday October 15 and arrived in Belize this morning, Thursday October 16.

Belize refusing request from U.S. State Dept to allow the boat to dock for pick up of sick couple.

“Talks have concluded with the PM and The US State Department officials. Belize WILL NOT BE GRANTING ACCESS to the suspected passengers to have entry onto our shores. An official release will be sent out shortly by government followed by a press conference to be held tomorrow.Passports have been returned so this scare has ended.”

In a late night official press release issued by the Belize Press Office, the Belize government offered its version of the Belize Ebola Incident.It stresses that while the patient did not disembark in Belize, it does not address the question that thousands of cruise ship passengers that may have had contact with the patient(s) did in fact disembark and tour Belize City today:

belizean.com...

Des

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

'symptoms similar to that of ebola' could be many diseases such as malaria which i believe is in that area and travelers are recommended to take malaria prophylaxis, guess we wait and see.

Also crusie ships have been notroious lately of all sorts of infections, mostly gastro based but diarrhea is a symptom of ebola which might be why they are being cautious.
edit on 17-10-2014 by D4rcyJones because: gastro

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Wow!! Great find, Des!

I don't blame Belize one bit. And, I hope that cruise line sues the U.S. Government for one replacement cruise liner. If Carnival doesn't burn that ship to the waterline, I'll never sail with them.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
This woman is reported to be a lab technician that handled Duncan's samples.

This calls protocol into question again.... if she is infected.

Scientists suit up in Level 4 gear to work with this virus.... they have to start being more careful and treat this virus with the respect that it deserves.

Here is a link to VWs thread about the case...... link.

edit on b000000312014-10-17T07:09:22-05:0007America/ChicagoFri, 17 Oct 2014 07:09:22 -0500700000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
CDC has proven it is nothing more than a bloated bureaucracy and colossal waste of money. Nothing more than a bunch of high paid politically appointed fat cats. I would imagine most of the employees there are family and friends of politicians or wealthy political contributors.

When Ebola was announced in Texas a team of Doctors and Nurses from the CDC should have deployed within hours with appropriate equipment and medical supplies needed to contain an outbreak. A CDC trained team should have immediately replaced hospital staff and took over quarantine and care of the sick while training hospital staff on required protocols. This did not happen and you should be very concerned about it.

Your tax dollars have been wasted on the CDC. They failed completely in their duty to us and their own country. We need to demand the leadership their at many levels to be fired and the congress should enact oversight on the CDC until such time they have real policies and contingency plans in place to react to and stop infectious disease. We do not have that right now and it is what we paid for.

Send a message to your congressman now. Someday something worse than Ebola shall come and our government is not prepared to protect you or your family.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Should have.

That's what sucks. Shoulda woulda coulda doesn't help now.

The CDC sucks.
Fire Frieden.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

OK ill do CDC Job for them. Send team to ship to Isolate and test the person. Set up quarantine facility at US port to return ship to. If patient test positive for Ebola then quarantine passengers for 60 days of monitoring and testing.

This would ensure no one on ship will infect people not on ship.

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49 >>

join