It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belize says NO to sick US citizens

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
www.washingtonpost.com...

This article says she is in good health per the ship doctor and that she only self-quarantined when she was told the have increased restrictions on the monitored group. I wonder if will eventually hear that she also got permission from the CDC to travel, as the second nurse said?

This article also says the rest of the passengers were allowed to disembark, just not the quarantined passengers.

I bet that ship's doc is hatin his job right now. Bet it doesn't come with a hazmat suit...

Couple of things on my mind:

1. IF she is free of symptoms and simply decided to 'self-quarantine' on the ship, why the big rush to fly her back via air ambulance? The story doesn't add up to me. She could just as well have remained on the ship in 'self-quarantine' all day long while everybody else went and enjoyed Belize, and the rest of the cruise. No harm no foul (assuming what they're saying is true.) But here we have Belize claiming they are aware of symptoms, denying entry, and an air ambulance sent to bring her back to the US? I'm more inclined to believe Belize at this point.

2. Why can't they send the US Coast Guard to get her? If she is asymptomatic, it is not an emergency is it???

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

From what I have read about medical treatment on cruise ships, it seems like they don't have too much to work with. Maybe just one room and quite limited medications. I think you are correct about the hazmat suits being unavailable.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
So we have an Ebola Czar now. Some political guy gets his shot at being a big shot.

I would think someone with a background in science / medicine would be chosen. We're doomed.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

"While we remain in close contact with US officials we have maintained the position that when even the smallest doubt remains, we will ensure the health and safety of the Belizean people," said the statement.

source

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ TAKE NOTE OBAMA ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's how you protect your citizens.

edit on 17-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Is this new Czar appointed so he can accurately count the number of cases and since he was/is a lawyer who was in charge of the vote recount for Al Gore?? No medical background, this keeps getting better and better with each day that passes.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Ok, I hate to be 'that person,' and there are members who will rake me over the coals, but I am going to 'go there' anyway...

First things first:
1. Cruisin EbolaLady was a lab tech, no?
2. She played some role in the testing of Duncan's blood.
3. There are many blood-born pathogens of concern, and folks who test blood (for anything at all) know this. Heck, I worked in schools for years, and we had to go to 'training' annually about dealing with blood cleanup/safety. I can take off latex gloves without ever touching my bare skin to the outer surfaces of them. Lab techs are infinitesimally more trained. They wear thicker gloves and other protective attire. They don't mess around. They don't want HIV or Hepatitis, and they sure as hell don't want Ebola.

So, rail me if you want, but if this lab tech comes down with the big E... this is suggestive of airborne infection. I simply cannot stomach another another 'breach of protocol' excuse ...not for someone who HAS HAD training and experience in the role they played in Duncan's care: testing blood. They know the hazards of exposure to ANYBODY'S blood, much less Ebola-blood.

Ok, hit me with your best shot, whatevah...

edit on 10/17/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
So we have an Ebola Czar now. Some political guy gets his shot at being a big shot.

I would think someone with a background in science / medicine would be chosen. We're doomed.

Maybe Obama should fire Frieden first ... then worry about making a political statement by installing another political hack 'Czar'.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

I bet that ship's doc is hatin his job right now. Bet it doesn't come with a hazmat suit.

It is enough to make one contemplate jumping overboard.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
I don't like the sound of any of it!! How many other Dallas Pres Health Workers are in quarantine on vacation somewhere?

You know it is almost like they said ..."hey guys...you had a rough week...everyone go on vacation" haha

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

originally posted by: BlueAjah
www.washingtonpost.com...

This article says she is in good health per the ship doctor and that she only self-quarantined when she was told the have increased restrictions on the monitored group. I wonder if will eventually hear that she also got permission from the CDC to travel, as the second nurse said?

This article also says the rest of the passengers were allowed to disembark, just not the quarantined passengers.

I bet that ship's doc is hatin his job right now. Bet it doesn't come with a hazmat suit...

Couple of things on my mind:

1. IF she is free of symptoms and simply decided to 'self-quarantine' on the ship, why the big rush to fly her back via air ambulance? The story doesn't add up to me. She could just as well have remained on the ship in 'self-quarantine' all day long while everybody else went and enjoyed Belize, and the rest of the cruise. No harm no foul (assuming what they're saying is true.)

But here we have Belize claiming they are aware of symptoms, denying entry, and an air ambulance sent to bring her back to the US? I'm more inclined to believe Belize at this point.

2. Why can't they send the US Coast Guard to get her? If she is asymptomatic, it is not an emergency is it???

According to the Facebook news channel page (forgot how I found it, I think through a news link), they mention low risk passenger (no name) with Ebola-like symptoms. I would trust their news before ours at this rate.

Belize News 5

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21
Is this new Czar appointed so he can accurately count the number of cases and since he was/is a lawyer who was in charge of the vote recount for Al Gore?? No medical background, this keeps getting better and better with each day that passes.

I would say please tell me you're flipping kidding me, but somehow, I know you're not. Ok, that's it. Time to put my head between my knees, and kiss my butt goodbye. It was nice knowing y'all! I have one request, just put on my tombstone, I really was sick, k?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

I don't like the sound of any of it!! How many other Dallas Pres Health Workers are in quarantine on vacation somewhere?

You know it is almost like they said ..."hey guys...you had a rough week...everyone go on vacation" haha

Or maybe the administrators said to each other, "Oh no, we've got a bunch of employees who were exposed to Ebola. Let's send them on vacation for 21 days so they're not anywhere near us if they come down with it."

I'm mostly joking, but you never know.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
Ok, I hate to be 'that person,' and there are members who will rake me over the coals, but I am going to 'go there' anyway...

First things first:
1. Cruisin EbolaLady was a lab tech, no?
2. She played some role in the testing of Duncan's blood.
3. There are many blood-born pathogens of concern, and folks who test blood (for anything at all) know this. Heck, I worked in schools for years, and we had to go to 'training' annually about dealing with blood cleanup/safety. I can take off latex gloves without ever touching my bare skin to the outer surfaces of them. Lab techs are infinitesimally more trained. They wear thicker gloves and other protective attire. They don't mess around. They don't want HIV or Hepatitis, and they sure as hell don't want Ebola.

So, rail me if you want, but if this lab tech comes down with the big E... this is suggestive of airborne infection. I simply cannot stomach another another 'breach of protocol' excuse ...not for someone who HAS HAD training and experience in the role they played in Duncan's care: testing blood. They know the hazards of exposure to ANYBODY'S blood, much less Ebola-blood.

Ok, hit me with your best shot, whatevah...

I have a had a feeling it's been airborne or as close to it as it can be since we've been getting these stories of the doctors getting it. I am SERIOUSLY waiting though for another press conference where the CDC says this stupid nurse should not have gone on a cruise, "yadda, yadda, yadda, how dare she, etc...", then back track the next dang day, whoops, we gave her permission to go, sorry about that! *eye roll* Who's on the Blame the Nurse countdown with me?

*Grabbing my popcorn*

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I really can't blame Belize on this one.
Not one damn bit.
They are doing EXACTLY what we should be doing here in the US.

We get 1 case of ebola ,because we didn't stop people from coming to the US from affected nations.

Our HEALTH CARE WORKERS spread it into the population of Dallas, then up to Ohio, and now down to Belize. That's assuming there were no other ports of call before Belize.

Is the united states the biggest country of self centered children on the planet?

Someone help me out here.

Do the citizens of this country truly value convenience above survival?

This is pathetic.

And now our new Ebola Tzar isn't a doctor, medical professor, biological control expert, viral expert....
Nope. He's a lawyer.
I guess he's there to handle all of the lawsuits they are going to see because we're spreading this virus all over the place.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj
I read the news release from the Government of Belize.

I see that they say she has no symptoms....
Why did she decide to self quarantine if that is the case???

She decided to go on a cruise to Belize... hasn't developed symptoms... but decides now that she should self quarantine???

WTF?

Belize 5 News
edit on bu312014-10-17T10:33:46-05:0010America/ChicagoFri, 17 Oct 2014 10:33:46 -050010u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

It's weird how their news release says no symptoms, yet their Facebook page says Ebola-like Symptoms.

News 5 Live has confirmed that sometime after nine p.m., the Carnival Magic ship, that carried at least one person with ebola-like symptoms, left Belize.

(Per the 2nd post on the Facebook page.)

edit on 10/17/2014 by Anyafaj because: Fixed a sentence. (No sleep)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Panama will/should take it... after all the Carnival Magic ship is registered there.

MS CARNIVAL MAGIC - CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES

SHIPYARD: Fincantieri Cantieri Navali Italiani, S.p.A., Monfalcone, Italy
INAUGURAL CRUISE: May 1, 2011
HOMEPORT: Barcelona (Summer 2011), Galveston (Nov. 2011)
COUNTRY OF REGISTRY: Panama
SPEED: 22.5 Knots
APPROXIMATE CREW SIZE: 1,386

link

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Well well well... in times like these, you sure do know who your friends are

Ok so the US citizens are demanding that people from ebola infected country's be denied entry. And thats totally 100% cool?

But if another country does it too the USA that 100% unfair and horrible?

Its like you think being a American entitles you to special treatment.

Agreed, I just dont get it. God forbid if another country decides to do what we should have done a long time ago.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
from reference in OP:

The ship is reportedly carrying 3652 passengers and a total population of 4633 persons.

So when the ship returns to home port in Galveston, we're just gonna tell all 4633 people to 'self monitor'? Plan worked splendidly so far.

But to be fair, I may be wrong but heard that she is a lab worker. If so, why then would a lab worker be exposed to Ebola? And why would she even be thinking of self monitoring?
edit on 17/10/2014 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
First off, good for Belize.

Second, the WaPo has this spin on it: Report: Cruise ship in Caribbean is carrying ‘self-quarantined’ Texas Ebola health worker

"Self-quarantined." Right.

Who the hell told these people treating Duncan to go forth, travel, mingle, and multiply?!

That's a laugh. "Self-quarantined" on a CRUISE SHIP??? The couple is probably going to remain in their cabin. Are they going to refrain from eating (room service will bring food, steward staff will clear away contaminated dishes/utensils/glasses/napkins); who will exchange their linen??? What about human waste? That will be processed within the ship.

They are in an incubator...and every single passenger and crewmember are at risk for exposure.

The absolute STUPIDITY and arrogant hubris of these people...who after dealing with an Ebola patient...hop on public transport and go PLAY makes me want to.......I don't know......commit a violence of some sort.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join