It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belize says NO to sick US citizens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
I don't like the sound of any of it!! How many other Dallas Pres Health Workers are in quarantine on vacation somewhere?

Wonder if they got a paid vacation, for their risky duty time, after only 17 days.

originally posted by: Dimithae
a reply to: crazyewok

I'm an American and I don't feel that way. I'm glad Belize did refuse them entry. Its just a real shame that they choose to expose the other over 3000 passengers as well.

Same here. Sadder as well when our country can't even take care of our own.

Personally I believe they ALL need to go in quarantine now. I mean,lets put those FEMA camps to work for something anyway.

Not enough patient beds available, one location on the West coast(in MT), gonna have to figure something out. If it turns out that ship had an infected person, now what. Sadly, their(CDC,etc)incompetence is the way to get citizens demanding the supposed camps usesage.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

You are wrong on your first point. Not all americans want to ban entry, especially the obama adminstration and the progreesive liberals. Gee, maybe that is why all are still free to enter?

You are wrong on your second point. I think belize is acting wisely and other americans on this very thread agree.

Other than that, your bigoted post made a lot of sense.

And you are wrong on all your points as I was not referring to all Americans but the OP with the remark

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
Well well well... in times like these, you sure do know who your friends are

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
First off, good for Belize.

Second, the WaPo has this spin on it: Report: Cruise ship in Caribbean is carrying ‘self-quarantined’ Texas Ebola health worker

"Self-quarantined." Right.

Who the hell told these people treating Duncan to go forth, travel, mingle, and multiply?!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
First off, good for Belize.

Second, the WaPo has this spin on it: Report: Cruise ship in Caribbean is carrying ‘self-quarantined’ Texas Ebola health worker

"Self-quarantined." Right.

Who the hell told these people treating Duncan to go forth, travel, mingle, and multiply?!

Vacations are expensive. So now I am inclined to ask... who is paying them, and/or paying for these "vacations"?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Volund

Vacations are expensive. So now I am inclined to ask... who is paying them, and/or paying for these "vacations"?

Really?

Carnival cruises are piss cheap.

I went on one when I was at University!

If you dont have a big family and have a reasonable job vacations are not some out there conspiracy haha

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

We don't make much in Texas to just jump a plane to Ohio or take a cruise. The fact that these people are under the 21 day "quarantine" and yet they suddenly go to these places should raise flags with anyone.

1 person does it... well hmmm... but why? that's crazy...

A 2nd person does it from the same place... now thats odd....

A 3rd person? is there one? how many are there?

I am glad you could afford cruises as a student... give me a break

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

We don't make much in Texas to just jump a plane to Ohio or take a cruise. The fact that these people are under the 21 day "quarantine" and yet they suddenly go to these places should raise flags with anyone.

Who said they just jumped on? This vacation may have been planned months in advance?

Who are you to judge there finances?

Give me a break the USA is not some 3rd world # hole. A steady job with proper finical planning and saving? A cruise is hardly out there.

I am glad you could afford cruises as a student... give me a break

Its called financial planning. I never drunk or smoked so I had money.

Its not my problem you can save or plan your finances or you have a large family to upkeep.

edit on 17-10-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

You can GIVE Ebola-- but not GET--Ebola on a cruise ship.

Obama and Frieden say so.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

So this idiot goes on a cruise. The cruise ship isn't allowed to dock. None of the people on the ship are allowed to go to Belize. All because of this one STUPID person going on a cruise while they are supposed to be on self quarantine. If I was on that ship I'd be suing that health care worker to get my vacation money back. What a waste of money. I'd be pissed off ....

Sounds to me like Belize is being smart .... smarter than the Obama administration and smarter then our own CDC. They are taking care of their people. Good for them!!

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 10/17/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Good on Belize. The United States should have done the same.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowChatter
I really can't blame Belize for being concerned ,,,if Ebola goes airborne , the Trade Winds will carry it directly towards them from the Ebola infected areas...

It could go airbone indirectly by using intermediary host like migratory birds that travel from the Africa to Americas.

Direct sunlight would denature proteins and bombard it's genetic code destroying it. So direct air travel is unlikely.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Wow, no doubt Belize's travel restriction will cause more harm to those countries affected by Ebola. How in the world can they expect necessary personnel and supplies to get to Africa if they won't let this woman and her husband into their country.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Oh. Sorry. I forgot. Thank you for reminding me. I shall repeat this all day long.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Biotech2024

Cargo ships use labor mostly from third world countries. The virus when it's saturated enough in the populace, it will find a way to hitch a ride crossing the Atlantic.

There are too many holes to plug.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Give me a break the USA is not some 3rd world # hole. A steady job with proper finical planning and saving? A cruise is hardly out there.

Its called financial planning. I never drunk or smoked so I had money.

Its not my problem you can't save or plan your finances or you have a large family to upkeep.

You're being a bit of a deuche here. MANY MANY Americans live paycheck to paycheck. Even ones with decent income.

I make decent money and we're really only a months unemployment away from being in trouble.

Our health insurance alone is $500 per month, car insurance $2000 per year (basic coverage, clean driving history, no accidents).

You guys in the UK are spoiled for benefits and a nice ladder system help people out of poverty if the try.

edit on 17-10-2014 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

You guys in the UK are spoiled for benefits and a nice ladder system help people out of poverty if the try.

Hey not my fault if the "good old" US of A is a dump with crapy social mobility. Hasn't been the UK fault or problem since 1776

Still none of us here can judge the couple in the OP financial spending. I see no conspiracy. They could have saved it, put it on a credit card, got savings, inheritance money ect

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
IF she truly has symptoms --- The best thing to do for containment is to leave everyone on the ship until the virus burns out. Have the Red Cross deliver tons of food and water and PPE and nurses and doctors and fluids.

I am not saying that is the nice thing to do --- but for containment, that is the only choice they have.

Letting those 3000 plus people come back to Galveston and travel on to their way is a bad, bad idea.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The couple wasn't allowed into Belize, but the rest of the passengers toured Belize City.

In a late night official press release issued by the Belize Press Office, the Belize government offered its version of the Belize Ebola Incident.It stresses that while the patient did not disembark in Belize, it does not address the question that thousands of cruise ship passengers that may have had contact with the patient(s) did in fact disembark and tour Belize City today:

source

Here is the thing, everyone keeps blaming the CDC, but it is the State of Texas health department, and local Dallas officials in charge of monitoring. CDC offers guidance (piss poor to this point), but they have no authority.

Yesterday, I asked myself, who was responsible for the initial monitoring. We were told local Dallas County Health officials were monitoring the initial 48 people exposed to Thomas Eric Duncan.

Was Texas Health Presbyterian hospital "in charge" of monitoring their employees for symptoms? Specifically, the 70+ health care workers possibly exposed to the EVD.

The reason I ask, is because of what Judge Clay Jenkins just said on MSNBC. He said after talking to Freiden from the CDC, he made it illegal for any of those being monitored to board a commercial flight. Jenkins said he communicated that information to the hospital, who will forward that to those health care workers.

Now we learn, there weren't any state or local health department employees physically checking temperatures or monitoring for other symptoms. It was "self-monitoring".

Texas Health is the only hospital in America that has had a patient die from ebola. It is also the only hospital that has seen 2 of it's health care professionals infected. The abhorrent lack of safety protocols for HCW's at this facility has been well documented within the past few days. Should they really have been left to make certain that their exposed employees "self-monitor"? No freaking way!

I just get the feeling that the local officials are shielding the Texas Health Resources folks; sort of a good ole boys club thing going on. In the meanwhile, their refusal to take this seriously, is now putting our international neighbors in a tight spot, as well as anyone else in this country who may have used the toilet after one of them.

This situation has gotten so ridiculous. I'm dumbfounded.
edit on 10/17/2014 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Belize, showing Obola how it's done. Nice.

Also, PEOPLE WILL NOT SELF-QUARANTINE!

I said it before, and will say it again. People are so "busy" these days with their lives that to make them quarantine themselves is impossible. You can't get people to hold still and pay attention these days for five minutes, let alone 21 days! Our A.D.D. instant gratification society has made sure of this. People are selfish, and ignorant. Why, they have things to do, people to see, vacations to go on, weddings to plan/attend, they simply can't be bothered to self-quarantine, nope.

There is also the ignorance of the incubation period that so far everyone is ignoring...there are still DAYS left that people who have been exposed/infected could start showing symptoms. And with new exposures means more days and weeks are added to that clock. This is not over by a long shot, I believe we are about to start seeing more, and more stories like this showing up. Where supposedly "quarantined" people who have been exposed have been running all over the place all willy nilly possibly infecting god knows how many others.

But "Ebola is hard to catch" right? Pfft...

a reply to: Olivine

edit on 17-10-2014 by AutOmatIc because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AutOmatIc

Also, PEOPLE WILL NOT SELF-QUARANTINE!

Apparently.
What we have seen of 'self quarantining' so far involves flying to a city a thousand miles away on a commercial airliner and going for a cruise to Central America on a Carnival Cruise ship.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join