It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO Official: "New Ebola Cases Could Reach 10,000 Per Week By December"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This is truly tragic. And frightening:

New cases of Ebola could reach 10,000 per week by December as the virus outbreak races out of control in West Africa, a World Health Organization official said Tuesday. WHO Assistant Director-General Bruce Aylward also said the death rate, which had been estimated at about half of those who become infected, has risen to about 70%. Aylward said there have been about 1,000 new cases reported per week over the last month. He said WHO is aiming to isolate 70% of cases -- and to have 70% of burials of victims handled quickly and in clean manner -- within two months to reverse the outbreak. "A lot more people will die" if the crisis response isn't stepped up within two months, Aylward said. He said WHO's goal is to begin seeing a week-to-week decline in the number of new cases in the Ebola hotbeds of Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone within 90 days. Source: usat.ly...
edit on bTuesday00000014Tue, 14 Oct 2014 10:15:45 -0500am101510 by bludragin because: (no reason given)

edit on bTuesdayu14Tue, 14 Oct 2014 10:18:45 -0500am101810 by bludragin because: (no reason given)

edit on bTuesdayu14Tue, 14 Oct 2014 10:24:45 -0500am102410 by bludragin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: bludragin

Thanks!
Found it here too...
www.newsadvance.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

On a related note: This post discusses "dedicated hospitals" in the US for Ebola patients. FEMA comes up, of course.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on bTuesdayu14Tue, 14 Oct 2014 10:33:53 -0500am103310 by bludragin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Are they suggesting 10,000 confirmed cases per week OR are they including every individual who will be having symptoms of ebola due to having the flu?

Either way, we do not have the medical facilities to deal with those numbers. FEMA camps will end up rearing their heads, and those with the flu will most likely suffer a death sentence for being put into facilities dotted with people who have ebola.........

Meanwhile, our idiotic POTUS keeps on allowing people from countries in Africa infected with Ebola to continue to fly into the US.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Now that's Scary!

It was allways going through my mind, how the hell do you contain and isolate people in that region of West Africa anyway? Most of it is one big Jungle without proper Border contols. What a nightmare!

Reminds me of Resident Evil 5: The Dangers of Africa.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe that the flights are still occurring from the point of view of staffing the planes. We don't need some Golfer-In-Chief to declare a moratorium on flights, just for the pilots, flight crews and airline staff to refuse to handle certain cities; end of problem... same way that the nurses and doctors should strike if they don't have the proper equipment- let the jackasses in the administration take care of patients with improper equipment, they're pulling down huge salaries to go on camera and bloviate about how they've got it under control.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

CIDRIP published a commentary that basically blasts CDC' s current protocol for what healthcare workers should be wearing. They recommend biolevel 4 gear. CDC recommends biolevel 2 gear. When will this man be replaced?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I read an article from Dr jeffrey shaman 2 months ago when this was just Africa saying that by the 19th of october there would be a worst case scenario of 15000 cases in africa or else a still worryingly number of cases at 7000 predicted for this date the 19th oct. We have over 4000 deaths alone in africa nevermind cases that we know of...

Does anyone know the figures for africa to date?

All I see is new cases being reported everywhere else now which is not africa.

so whats happening over there and how much worse are the figures at now?
edit on 14-10-2014 by Vaxellion because: .

remember at this point the figures where only around 1000 or so I think it was?
edit on 14-10-2014 by Vaxellion because: .

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

You've got a great point. Screw it. So they're not banning flights to infected countries. So...workers can work with their unions, and strike!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Vaxellion

WHO admits they can't provide accurate stats, and that official stats are too low. Officially, about 8000 infected, and close to 4500 dead. They do say the death rate has gone from 50 percent to 70 percent. But really, nobody truly knows.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The problem is, the past numbers aren't adding up.

WHO raises Ebola toll to 3,879 dead out of 8,033 cases and says there is no evidence the epidemic is being brought under control in West Africa.
www.newsweek.com...

Since the virus reared it's ugly head in late Feb/early Mar 2014, wouldn't the count actually be higher by now. Also, as I have posted priorly, the virus hasn't spread like a normal virus going only from person to person to person. In fact it had several cases regions apart when it began.

The reason for suspecting a vaccine campaign rather than an individual carrier is due to the fact that the ebola contagion did not start at a single geographic center and then spread outward along the roads. Instead. simultaneous outbreaks of multiple cases occurred in widely separated parts of rural Guinea, indicating a highly organized effort to infect residents in different locations in the same time-frame.
www.4thmedia.org...

edit on 14-10-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I agree the official count would be much lower because of the information released on another ATS topic where people were bribing officials to list the cause of death other than Ebola.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

It is assumed the count is much, much higher than officials can document. I think we need to assume the worst. It is completely out of control at this point. It is a global emergency, and all nations capable of assisting, need to. Now. On a related note: Mark Z of Facebook just announced he is donating 25 million dollars to help stop Ebola spreading in West Africa. Hopefully, others will follow suit.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

WHJ just posted their story on this...

The WHO’s latest numbers indicated 8,914 suspected or confirmed Ebola cases and 4,447 deaths from the disease. Based on those numbers, the mortality rate is just under 50%. (EDS: 49.88%). But Dr. Aylward said that when patients can be monitored throughout the course of their disease the mortality rate is actually 70% in the affected countries.

“This is again a high-mortality disease in any circumstance but especially these places where it’s happening,” Dr. Aylward said.

Dr. Aylward said the number of reported cases has been running at 1,000 a week over the past 3-4 weeks and would top 9,000 sometime this week.

WSJ

every time I look the numbers just get scarier and scarier

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
What is scary is that the largest past outbreak only had around 200 fatalities and it was contained. Now, we have a 'reported' 4000 fatalities and it has spread as far as the US and Europe. With African villages you can pretty much self contain. No one is driving or flying out unless they may have been there to treat.

In the US, you have multiple people who were in contact with ground zero patient. The number is 70 or so. It is reported that not only the nurse has contracted but now the boyfriend. How many people were they in contact with during this time?

8-10 days for symptoms...many more will die before it gets better. Just hope it does not become a pandemic but it is well on its way

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

There were doubts about the veracity of reports claiming that the boyfriend has Ebola. Has this been substantiated by a reliable source? So very heartbreaking, if true.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorpsCIDRIP announces that they believe the Ebola virus could go airborne:
www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I have read it is a boyfriend and also that it is a friend. Whoever it may be they are being monitored after showing symptoms. I just hope it can be contained to a point where it does not explode.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Any stats on which countries outside of Africa are most at risk?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Taajsgpm

Assessing the international spreading risk associated with the 2014 West African Ebola outbreak

They have a case importation probability projection if you scroll down.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join