It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Keep Posting Religion on a Conspiracy Site?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: Grimpachi

Why were the Ten Commandments placed not only in the Supreme Court Building but other courthouses? You might have to ask the people who knew that our Founding Fathers thought it was important.

The first Seal of the United States, designed by Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, and Thomas Jefferson by a Resolution of Congress, shows Moses, stretching his hand over the Red Sea, causing it to overwhelm Pharaoh. Above is the pillar of fire and the cloud, expressive of Divine presence and command. Motto: Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God.

www.christianheritagemins.org...

This website also serves to document how intensively the ACLU and other secularist factions have tried to remove these elements.

I urge you to continue posting. Comic relief has its merits.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Just observing the trend Grimp..

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

So now you are resorting to the same old same old ridicule. Comic relief indeed! The Sword cuts both ways. I told you already this thread is just another one of hatred and contempt of Christians, and you demonstrate it very nicely. I always find it interesting how people who otherwise seem to believe they subscribe to rational thinking can suddenly and without warning resort to such irrational behavior.

edit on 13-10-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

(post by DYepes removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
pssh whatever those were some very valid point on the part of Moses and God thank you, with only a little bit of dramatization by myself of course. But even though you fear the darkness after death, it doesn't mean you are going to depress the rest of us from our personal relationship with God!

yea boy can you feel the love flowing in here WOO!!! I am going to sing some praise music now!

Bring your tired
Bring your shame
Bring your guilt
Bring your pain
Don’t you know that’s not you’re name
You will always be much more to me

Every day I wrestle with the voices
That keep telling me I’m not right
But that’s alright

‘Cause I hear a voice and He calls me redeemed
When others say I’ll never be enough
And greater is the One living inside of me
Than he who is living in the world
In the world
In the world
And greater is the One living inside of me
Than he who is living in the world

Bring your doubts
Bring your fears
Bring your hurt
Bring your tears
There’ll be no condemnation here
You are holy, righteous and redeemed

Every time I fall
There’ll be those who will call me
A mistake
Well that’s ok

There’ll be days I lose the battle
Grace says that it doesn’t matter
‘Cause the cross already won the war
He’s Greater
He’s Greater

I am learning to run freely
Understanding just how He sees me
And it makes me love Him more and more
He’s Greater
He’s Greater

oh mercy me is just beautiful. I love to fill my music list with mercy me, counting crowns, wynita Bynum in between my motorhead, judas priest and gwar. it helps to balance out the insanity you know??? real peaceful stuff.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
That was truly pathetic. i'm at a loss for words.
a reply to: DYepes

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver
oh whatever man it was funny as hell and you know it. Plus, I really believe it you know? it don't matter that I happen to also enjoy the lyrics of Marilyn manson, Slayer and the sort. I really believe Christian music is beautiful and shares a very powerful, positive, and hopeful attitude and message to the public.

I can still go to my metal concerts though any enjoy the fast pace raging action of some good head thrashing and mosh riots even if the show and lyrics are horribly blasphemous. I don't care for the nonsense they singing, I just enjoy the rage of the music man the rush the sound of hardcore!

and then I go and sign at church sometimes. Cuz Im American man and that's what America is all about baby!!! Then I slap on my backwards baseball cap and drop the bass in the car on some ol skool trick daddy or ying yang twins on the way to see something like sin city or evil dead. It don't matter man Jesus is my savior and im living my life freely with him behind my back yo!

Aqua Teen Hunger Force, ready for action!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes
oh whatever man it was funny as hell and you know it. Plus, I really believe it you know? it don't matter that I happen to also enjoy the lyrics of Marilyn manson, Slayer and the sort. I really believe Christian music is beautiful and shares a very powerful, positive, and hopeful attitude and message to the public.

I can still go to my metal concerts though any enjoy the fast pace raging action of some good head thrashing and mosh riots even if the show and lyrics are horribly blasphemous. I don't care for the nonsense they singing, I just enjoy the rage of the music man the rush the sound of hardcore!

and then I go and sign at church sometimes. Cuz Im American man and that's what America is all about baby!!! Then I slap on my backwards baseball cap and drop the bass in the car on some ol skool trick daddy or ying yang twins on the way to see something like sin city or evil dead. It don't matter man Jesus is my savior and im living my life freely with him behind my back yo!

well thanks for proving all of my points. you really couldn't have shown up at a better time.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
someone has to bring this thread back to life man you know? Like the resurrection of Jesus, I shall give these debates new steam, and hopefully entertain in the process.

America!!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: Tangerine

So now you are resorting to the same old same old ridicule. Comic relief indeed! The Sword cuts both ways. I told you already this thread is just another one of hatred and contempt of Christians, and you demonstrate it very nicely. I always find it interesting how people who otherwise seem to believe they subscribe to rational thinking can suddenly and without warning resort to such irrational behavior.

What makes you think it's not rational to show contempt to proselytizers?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Just to mention why are the ten commandments put in places that have to do with law and order ?
Maybe because the western civilization justice system is primarily based on Judeo-Christian principles.
Basic stuff like don't kill, don't steal and so on. Sure beats Sharia law.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes

Dear Americans,

This is how we percive all of you to be like.

Sincerly
The Rest of The World

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

You just named the only two out of the ten that made into law.

Those two have been in societies before christianity and throughout the world. They are not original thoughts to abrahamic religions they were repurposed.

Your argument falls flat.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

Surely you have loud idiots where you are from as well.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

Ranting is supposed to foster debate?
Since when?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
This argument has DESTROYED lesser CT community's/sites, turned them into utter cesspools.

Just leave it be, for the greater good of ATS.. drop it, it goes nowhere, and too see it reach page 11 is heartbreaking.

It just causes pain, hate, distrust, division.. It brings no good, for EITHER side of the table.

Be nice to see some official word, and an end to this TOXIC debate.

We all exist, can that not be enough, why must we fight over where we put our faith in, what point does it serve other than the aforementioned points above? It NEVER ends well, it needs to stop.

Live, and let live, it's not that hard.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xarian6

Live, and let live, it's not that hard.

You'd think.
But we, as a species, probably have struggled with it since the beginning.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: jude11
I am addressing the religious posters here.

Why keep posting/pushing on a conspiracy site? You MUST see the irony here. The only reason I can see is that you are attempting to accomplish what so many door knockers are trying to do...convert. Here's a hint...you can't.

Respectfully,

Jude11

Jude you cant be serious. 90% of the posts and threads about religion are about religion being a conspiracy not from "door knockers" trying to preach.

Certain people hear a few particular words that ring a bell and then their bias shuts down "Emergency REligion two o'clock!" -- and then the old tormenting rumble is reborn and the thread is ruined once again....

Like what happens here in this other thread I'm posting in right now:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am posting a topic related to religion, and then after a few days the thread is all about whether Jesus walked on water or not. Or rather, I am a gullible idiot who doesn't understand that Jesus was a Roman forgery:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Blast all that crap. I'm not even Christian.
edit on 13-10-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: last clause

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Just because someone give an opinion here, and you don't believe in it, doesn't render it invalid. Do people who speak of aliens here or Mayan events want to convert people to their way of belief? Just because someone believes in an entity and lives their live by it, and speaks about it doesn't mean they are trying to convert. Stop being so defensive, and if you are so strong that you can't be converted by whomever...why are you worrying about it? This is a free forum for anyone to spek about anything they believe in. Aliens are just as outlandish to Christians (I am presuming you are talking about Christians as Christians seem to get all of the negative attention) as God is to you. Yet...you are here also.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join