It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Lies About Marijuana That Won't Die Easy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
It is a VERY, VERY long time ago when I smoked hash/grass in my teens, after some negative experiences I am very ANTI drugs today.

The idea to drive a car while high seems to me utterly absurd. The thought that people are actually seriously just even THINKING to drive while high....just blows my mind. But I am not surprised anymore. This society gets more stupid and ignorant by the day so I am not surprised that people are advocating it's "cool" to smoke/be high and drive. Whoever wrote this list obviously just proved that MJ indeed kills brain cells. Enough said.

Just because you had a bad experience, doesn't mean everyone has the same experience when they use marijuana.

There are plenty of medicinal users who are in a constant state of "high" and they have no trouble performing their daily tasks because they don't have a choice.

You're surrounded every day by people driving on painkillers, antidepressants, and various other medications that cause physical impairment FAR FAR worse than marijuana.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This whole argument boils down to money.

Marijuana is illegal because it's too easy to grow and has too many benefits. Pharmaceutical companies want you to keep going to the doctor for grossly overpriced little pills to keep your various ailments, caused mainly by the crap that's in your FDA-approved food, under control. The crap that's being prescribed to people every day is a thousand times more physically and psychologically addictive than anyone can pretend marijuana is with LONG lists of horrendous side-effects.

If marijuana was easy to control by the pharmaceutical companies, it would have been legalized a long time ago.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
The simple fact is, the "driving while high causes accidents" claim can not be tested or proven because there is no way to measure a person's level of impairment. The tests can only prove that the person used marijuana at some point in the previous few days to few months.

You can throw out the entire "driving while high" argument based on this alone. It would be the same as handing out DUI's to everyone who's had an alcoholic beverage in the last few months.

It's a mix. See what the research over 20yrs has to say about it (after all, all of this comes from the results of this study) What 20yrs of research has taught us about the chronic effects of marijuna

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

All of this is based off of this study: what 20yrs of research has taught us about chronic marijuana use

Whoever wrote this list obviously just proved that MJ indeed kills brain cells. Enough said.
Pretty sure the researchers know what they are talking about, after all, they did study it for 20 years. Thanks for being an ignorant assuming person though. That's always nice /end sarcasm

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I know many medicinal users who don't even get high anymore because of their usage.

The brain is amazing and can learn to adapt to marijuana. The more you perform a task while high, the more the brain learns to function that way and soon you can perform tasks high to the same level you can when not high.

If you just sit around high and don't use your brain, yes there are going to be consequences but that is the same as "Use it or lose it" if you don't use your brain period, there are going to be consequences.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I believe he means you can talk about studies and research that is being done but you can't say "from my personal experience"

link   

Just because you had a bad experience, doesn't mean everyone has the same experience when they use marijuana.

There are plenty of medicinal users who are in a constant state of "high" and they have no trouble performing their daily tasks because they don't have a choice.

First of all, ADMIT IT, (EDITED.....) MJ IMPAIRS JUDGEMENT. That we even talk about whether or not someone who is high can drive a car is already absurd.

Second, there are (as far as I know) two main chemicals in MJ, the one THC and the other Cannabidiol. THC is the one which makes you high, the other is the one which calms you. It is my understanding that it's Cannabidiol which has the medical benefit and NOT the THC, the actually "being high".

So or so, even if there ARE medical benefits of MJ, this doesn't mean that MJ is a substance "suitable" to used while driving. We obviously can also assume that many people do drink and drive, but because this is so doesn't mean it's "ok" to do so...why do we even need to debate this?
edit on 10/11/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

link   

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabiduria

All of this is based off of this study: what 20yrs of research has taught us about chronic marijuana use

Whoever wrote this list obviously just proved that MJ indeed kills brain cells. Enough said.
Pretty sure the researchers know what they are talking about, after all, they did study it for 20 years. Thanks for being an ignorant assuming person though. That's always nice /end sarcasm

That guy could've done the study for 80 years, I don't care. It's a drug, it IMPAIRS JUDGEMENT. Period.
And we're arguing whether it's ok to drive while under the influence? No it's not.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yet at the same time I am not going to deny that driving whilst high is dangerous for example or that it can do some funky stuff to kids brains.

Obviously driving while high is not BETTER than driving sober, but there is not much in the way of intelligence tests for licenses. There are some seriously stupid people out there, sober and fully licensed. being slower in judgement is not tested on road tests unless there happens to be an incident. Drive around the block a few times, merge on and off a highway, parallel park and BAM! your licensed. That does not really show the drivers ability to react in an emergency.

I have my reservations in saying this because it is not realistic but slow motion is actually pretty handy in an emergency... it is hard to explain but there is a windowed moment of seemingly rational thought ahead of a sudden reaction. I could tell you stories but I am not sure if I am allowed.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

First of all, ADMIT IT, (EDITED.....) MJ IMPAIRS JUDGEMENT. That we even talk about whether or not someone who is high can drive a car is already absurd.

Second, there are (as far as I know) two main chemicals in MJ, the one THC and the other Cannabidiol. THC is the one which makes you high, the other is the one which calms you. It is my understanding that it's Cannabidiol which has the medical benefit and NOT the THC, the actually "being high".

So or so, even if there ARE medical benefits of MJ, this doesn't mean that MJ is a substance "suitable" to used while driving. We obviously can also assume that many people do drink and drive, but because this is so doesn't mean it's "ok" to do so...why do we even need to debate this?

First of all, ADMIT IT, you don't know much about cannabis at all.

There is more to just cannabis that THC and CBD. The true medical benefits lie in using the whole plant not just omitting THC. Yes you can have medical benefits without THC but the true potency of cannabis is from the entire plant.

There are some who don't like to have THC because they don't need the psychoactive part like the Charlotte's Web strain. This is good for children who are taking it medicinally and with a doctor closely monitoring the dosages.

Secondly, there are people who can drive while high, (THC high) and that is due to the fact that our brain is amazing. The more you perform a task while high, the better you become at it to the point of performing it just the same as when not high. HOWEVER, I do not condone driving while high because you still need to practice lots before you become good.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I believe he means you can talk about studies and research that is being done but you can't say "from my personal experience"

I did not realise that I had done otherwise, appologies if I did, I am pretty sure I asked about tees ad cees before commenting.

Sorry peeps.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

see above response to you

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

they generally want you to read it for yourself than ask

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It makes me laugh when people come online and try to tell us how pot makes them more "Intelligent". You just want to believe that.

Spend 24 hours watching Cops reruns, Every other traffic stop is for weed, Not a single one of those people who get busted seem even remotely intelligent. Not one.

Top that off I work in retail, and I can smell the pot head customers with their Red eyes a mile away. None of them make me think Einstein.

I have yet to witness this "intelligent pot smoker" you all rave about.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

That guy could've done the study for 80 years, I don't care. It's a drug, it IMPAIRS JUDGEMENT. Period.
And we're arguing whether it's ok to drive while under the influence? No it's not.

The problem I have with your absolutist stance is that there are plenty of people who are better drivers when they use marijuana... people with anxiety, for example.

The blanket statement of "people are worse drivers while using marijuana" is not accurate, therefore I can't agree with your opinion. The problem is, people like yourself who make that blanket claim want to set a low THC limit for DUI regulations and the tests CAN NOT prove if a person is impaired at the time they're tested or if they've simply used marijuana at some point in the months before the test.

Painkillers cause far worse physical impairment but I don't see advocates pushing for driver's licenses to be taken away from folks taking them daily.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer
It takes hard work to get it set up but once it is, it can be controlled properly. No one wants to do the hard work & the pharmaceutical industry would loose way too much money for them to want it legalized.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

First of all, ADMIT IT, you don't know much about cannabis at all.

There is more to just cannabis that THC and CBD. The true medical benefits lie in using the whole plant not just omitting THC. Yes you can have medical benefits without THC but the true potency of cannabis is from the entire plant.

There are some who don't like to have THC because they don't need the psychoactive part like the Charlotte's Web strain. This is good for children who are taking it medicinally and with a doctor closely monitoring the dosages.

Secondly, there are people who can drive while high, (THC high) and that is due to the fact that our brain is amazing. The more you perform a task while high, the better you become at it to the point of performing it just the same as when not high. HOWEVER, I do not condone driving while high because you still need to practice lots before you become good.

By your logic one day all of mankind can also drive drunk, given enough experience. You heard it here first folks!

You should not be driving under the influence of ANYTHING, PERIOD.

This drug makes you soo intelligent you can drive while high, I've heard it all...

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeyy
It makes me laugh when people come online and try to tell us how pot makes them more "Intelligent". You just want to believe that.

Spend 24 hours watching Cops reruns, Every other traffic stop is for weed, Not a single one of those people who get busted seem even remotely intelligent. Not one.

Top that off I work in retail, and I can smell the pot head customers with their Red eyes a mile away. None of them make me think Einstein.

I have yet to witness this "intelligent pot smoker" you all rave about.

Because some idiots smoke pot, you see a cause and effect relationship?

By that logic, beer causes people to become white trash, wife beaters, and NASCAR fans.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join