It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Lies About Marijuana That Won't Die Easy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

One does not normally associate getting "drunk" as getting "high" too.

Regardless if it's called being drunk or high, it's an altered state of consciousness. Since booze alters your state of consciousness, it's a drug.

With Drinking there is just one level of drunk, so people are not looking for the better drunk either.

What!?!!! Lol! One level of drunk? No, there are many different stages of intoxication.

With drinking you are also not smoking alcohol, so the relationship of smoking pot then trying something with a better high that you also smoke really has zero connections with drinking.

Regardless of how it gets there, it's still being out in to the body. I stand by my belief that alcohol is the real "gateway drug."
edit on 12-10-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
Regardless if it's called being drunk or high, it's an altered state of consciousness. Since booze alters your state of consciousness, it's a drug.

I didn't say it wasn't a drug, so what is your point when I suggest that smoking pot to get high has a better relationship to SMOKING other drugs for a better high. As I said, there is little relationship between drinking and then deciding to smoke hard drugs for a better drunk.... lol

What!?!!! Lol! One level of drunk? No, there are many different stages of intoxication.

And what stages are they? Drunk is drunk, there isn't a better drunk since the more you drink it becomes worst... My point is that you can move much easier from pot to meth or crack since those two ARE a better high than pot and with all three you smoke so a person doesn't need to get over the whole breath nasty stuff into your lungs and cough scenario.

Regardless of how it gets there, it's still being out in to the body. I stand by my belief that alcohol is the real "gateway drug."

Well since about 90% of the population drinks I would think that 80% would be hooked on hard drugs due to all that gateway drug drinking.... lol

There is one other aspect to all this. Those who buy pot are also in the association of all the other illegal drugs. I drink, but I have no clue where to buy pot and other drugs, and I have no desire to find out.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

There are different stages of intoxication depending on the BAC

Stages of Intoxication

You're right, you didn't call alcohol a drug, I did as it alters the state of consciousness. What I meant was whatever the heck you want to call the altered state of concuousness, it's all the same thing.

There is one other aspect to all this. Those who buy pot are also in the association of all the other illegal drugs. I drink, but I have no clue where to buy pot and other drugs, and I have no desire to find out.

While this is so untrue, it's the stigma attached to marijuana brought on by the years of misinfo. This is why it needs to be legalized! Grouping marijuana with hard core drugs so outdated, it doesn't come with even half the problems associated with alcohol and that stuffs legal.
edit on 12-10-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This "research" is being countered by many...
m.mic.com...

www.mkweb.co.uk...

www.clear-uk.org...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: loOranks
This "research" is being countered by many...
m.mic.com...

www.mkweb.co.uk...

www.clear-uk.org...

Thank you for that .. from YOUR sources ....

Schizophrenia

Regular cannabis users have double the risk of experiencing psychotic symptoms and disorders such as schizophrenia, and the rates rise with a family history of such disorders or if the user begins in their teens.

Pot is worse than what most people (including those on this thread) think, it's just not as bad as coc aine.

habitual marijuana use may be worse for us than the popular imagination, it's still not nearly as bad as basically every other popular narcotic

It's not safe to drive high.

marijuana use is associated with car crashes
Driving under the influence of cannabis doubles the risk of a car crash

Pot has health risks.

the study shows there are health risks to marijuana use

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Anything that is mind altering while on it is an escape. What are you escaping from? I speak from experience. I find myself not having to smoke my pity parties away anymore because I face them head on. Who are you trying to convince?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Well, i didn't read it all but this is where i stand with Pot. Should it be legal, Hell YES. It is a much more spiritual feeling in your body than getting drunk (so i'v been told). Agree its been propaganda molested to create some lies about it. Make it legal and regulate it. It should be illegal for anyone under 18 just like booze (where i'm from its 18)

Driving high = NO
Slows your response too much and you become distracted more easily. If made legal i would vote that you get fines similar to drunk driving.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
If there is such a thing as a "gateway drug," we have to admit that sugar is a "gateway" to obesity.

Overindulgence and addiction go hand in hand. If someone has an addictive or self-destructive personality, they will find their means to that end whether it be alcohol, drugs, sex, violence, or chocolate cake.

Most people who drink alcohol are not alcoholics. Most people who regularly smoke marijuana have no desire to regularly use harder drugs. The "gateway drug" nonsense is just that... nonsense. The path of an addict wouldn't be changed if marijuana ceased to exist at all.
edit on 10/13/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
YOU CAN NOT DISCUSS PERSONAL USE

How hard is that to understand my fellow Members???

Now PLEASE STOP

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
I'll agree to all of these being lies if you will agree that the whole pot legalization movement is just about people wanting to use it for recreation and get stoned.

Not only yeah, but HELL YEAH!! Do you think people drink alcohol to quench their thirst?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: groingrinder

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
I'll agree to all of these being lies if you will agree that the whole pot legalization movement is just about people wanting to use it for recreation and get stoned.

Not only yeah, but HELL YEAH!! Do you think people drink alcohol to quench their thirst?

Difference being no one argues alcohol should be legal because of it's medicinal / sterilization benefits. That was his point. People want to get high and don't really care about the medical benefits, but always use the medical benefits argument so they can get high.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Totally valid point, I can look at booze the same way. Why do people drink alcohol? It's legal, and it should be. I think marijuana should be legal as well, the health benefits are just an extra plus.

Yea I have always heard that pot was packed full of a wide range of necessary vitamins and minerals for healthy bones and muscles.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I agree with some of your points but it is fair to say that pot is a gateway deal. Many have seen this happen first hand and its not really a mystery. Have also seen it change peoples behavior and attitude. While it may not be addictive, that is have the same outward effect that are obvious in users of other drugs, the high, the condition, is psychologically addictive for many.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

what crap
I quit.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

I agree with some of your points but it is fair to say that pot is a gateway deal. Many have seen this happen first hand and its not really a mystery. Have also seen it change peoples behavior and attitude. While it may not be addictive, that is have the same outward effect that are obvious in users of other drugs, the high, the condition, is psychologically addictive for many.

It is addictive, just not for everyone. 1 in 6 who smoke are addicted. It just doesn't have the same withdrawal symptoms of say coc aine.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
The legal, socially accepted drugs alcohol and tobacco killed my mother, my grandmother, my grandpa, my two aunts, and my uncle. Prescription drugs are killing what it left of my family. Number of people in my family who have smoked marijuana? 14. Number of them who died from it? 0.

What is funny, is that my mom and uncle were hippies who smoked a lot of pot in their day, until pressure, both legal, social, and religious, pushed them towards the sanctioned drugs of booze and cigarettes and whatever poison the doctors prescribed them. My mom died at 53. My uncle wasn't much older. Maybe they should have told their families, churches, and the establishment to screw themselves and stuck with being hippies. They might still be alive.

I, for one, am glad to live in a state where we "just said no" to the lies and propaganda of the "reefer madness" dogma and made cannabis legal.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

he is not far off the mark...part of the issue is that regular users can function quite well....yes there are functioning alcoholics but they are on a different level than smokers......some people cope with pot really well others just go spastic....that is why there is such a huge difference in opinion on getting high and its affects on the mind and body...peoples tollernce plays a huge role in ones ability to function...especially when smoking weed on a long term basis

the type of pot also makes a difference to the experience one may have with it.... stone,body stone there are quite a few different strains of pot and they all make you feel a little different...this site will help explain www.medicaljane.com...#..hopefully that is within the T&Cs

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

In my case, as some others here, we are addressing the BS sales job the pot advocated are using. Its the same sort of sales job we see all the other bullsh*ter using. Not really disagreeing that folks can function ect ect.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Extensive studies have shown that people who smoke pot in their teenage years have less neuron development in the brain, leading to less intelligence and lower brain power than their peers.

Brains cells die in the thousands every day - I think it might be nice to have some fun in life, on our slippery skid towards death.

Don't you?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join