It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's face palm-worthy comment on Ebola

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Wow, you are some of everything.

Alrighty then.... I'm done.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I know, it's hard to imagine huh. I am a republican. Won't be for long. Switching to independent. Remorse for voting for Bush twice. At least I didn't vote for Obama, huh?

Anyway, I'm done talking about the current topic because, well, it appears that comprehension is lacking 'round here. Are you going to turn this thread in to a discussion about my political beliefs? That's unfair to the OP, don't ya think.

Why don't you start a thread about that and I will jump in on the conversation? Better yet, you better think twice. I do have a habit of ripping you apart.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

More likely, yes. But if you are just sitting next to someone with Ebola it doesn't mean you will catch it.

Let's be honest here. This is yet ANOTHER attempt to take something Obama said out of context just to bash him....or what I like to call, circle-jerk threads.

If you want to bash Obama for some of his actions and policies, I'll probably agree. But the real facepalm here are the comments in the thread.....not what Obama said.

ETA:

This is what was said in the source piece:

First, Ebola is not spread through the air like the flu,” Obama explained in the video released by the White House Thursday. “You cannot get it through casual contact like sitting next to someone one a bus. You cannot get it from another person until they start showing symptoms of the disease, like fever.” Obama also explained that “the most common way you can get Ebola is by touching the body fluids of someone who is sick or has died from it, like their sweat, saliva or blood, or through a contaminated item like a needle.”

Yup, he's right.

Add as much context as you like. The full quote doesn't change the erroneous statement. If your infected fellow bus passenger has a sweaty arm touching yours, you can catch the disease.

Obama's statement contradicted the CDC's statement. I found that noteworthy and therefore started this thread. It's also noteworthy that the CDC director later stated that you can't catch Ebola by riding a bus but you shouldn't take public transportation if you have Ebola because you can spread it that way. See this thread. Making a public statement that may cost lives is, in fact, one of Obama's "actions" and, in my opinion, an irresponsible one. So, it's "bashing" to point it out? For someone who regards this thread as a "circle jerk" thread, you sure have spent a lot of time here.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join