It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd things I do...how about you?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
• Won't pick a penny up off the ground unless it's face up. If it's tails I have to flip it over first.

• Snickers bars and apples must be eaten in a specific way.

• Produce washed before put away and washed again prior to cooking.

• Always triple check I didn't forget the cats on the balcony.

My uncle, many years ago, was at the Mall meeting with friends. On his way out the door, he spotted a penny on the ground and decided to pick it up. The door hit him in the butt and pushed him down and he couldn't get up. The Ambulance came and got him. He had to have a hip surgery

He said he would never pick up a penny again. He died back in 2002,

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I have separate cups for tea, coffee, and soup.

I NEVER mix them up.

They also have to be the right shape.

My tea cups are tall and slender, and usually bone china.

The coffee cups are mugs.

The soup cups are mugs, but a bit bigger and usually brown-coloured.

Tea doesn't taste 'right' in a mug, and coffee doesn't taste right in a tall, slender cup.

I'm easy with soup.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I have to count. Everything.
When I put the clean silverware away, it has to be counted in two's., and I have to keep them separate. Knives always go in first, then forks, then spoons.
Packages have to be opened neatly- no just ripping the end off.

My dishes have a picture of a house on them ( Blue Willow) and they must NEVER BE TURNED ASKANCE.

Dishes have a place in the cupboard, and must be kept in that spot only.

My best half likes to mess with me by switching things around and seeing how long it takes for me to notice. I'm getting better now.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Gotta love Ms. Bloom

edit on 9-10-2014 by gottaknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I'm a guy, and when I have hair, I obsessively play with it, almost liked I'm addicted to it. I'm constantly twirling or rubbing or scratching it. I have various little methods for how to manipulate it with my fingers. I love the way it feels. It's... comforting. I only do it at home though, never in public.
Anyone have any ideas as to why I'm like obsessed with the way my hair feels? I have been for as long as I can remember. When I was little, I had a few signs of OCD, but I've pretty much grown out of it. Perhaps it's a remnant of that.

Oh, I remembered another thing that probably applies to this thread. After I blow my nose, I usually twist up toilet paper and use it to clean the inside of my nose until it feels satisfactorily clean.
edit on 10/10/2014 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Fragrances have been a big part of my life. I've had a love of sniffing/smelling perfume/cologne since I was very little and could reach my mom and dads perfumes. It's like a mood enhancer for me. I have hundreds of bottles of the stuff. I collect it. I have old stuff, rare types that you can't find anymore, I have new stuff. I have some that is very expensive. But get this; After all of it that I've smelled, you know what my fav still is? Get ready to LOL......
Old Spice original(and other particular versions of OS).

This being said, Aramis is a close second. At 3rd is: Antonio Banderas' -VIP.

I'd like to make my own someday. It's on my bucket list. But I'm a freak when I go to someones house, and use their bathroom, I smell their colognes/perfumes. I can't help it.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I'm told these are odd things but I think they are just smart living ...

When I am driving on a bridge over water, I always put my finger on the 'window down' button so if I go over I can quick get the window down so I wont' drown in the car when it sinks.

I wont touch the top of my water bottle even with the cap on. Germs on the hand would go to the top of the water bottle and then I'd ingest them and get sick.

ETA oh .. and all my cans in the cupboards have to be in neat rows and facing forward. This might be a throwback to being in the Army and having everything neat and orderly.

edit on 10/10/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I remembered another - I never, ever wash underwear with anything else.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I wont touch the top of my water bottle even with the cap on. Germs on the hand would go to the top of the water bottle and then I'd ingest them and get sick.

How do you take the cap off?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
How do you take the cap off?

With a napkin or washcloth touching it and not my hands.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
Oh and I compulsively origami any small piece of paper that is left near me.

OMG! I can't believe I read this! I do that, too! Then I present it to my husband. LOL

I eat dirt (Diatomaceous Earth)
Artificial sweeteners - prohibited.
VERY little refined sugar. I use maple syrup or local honey.
Refusing most meds, I use herbs.
I have a nervous "tic" in my hip. Whenever I sit for a while, I notice I'm clenching my left hip about two times per second... Just very weird. Always the left.

originally posted by: FlyersFan
ETA oh .. and all my cans in the cupboards have to be in neat rows and facing forward. This might be a throwback to being in the Army and having everything neat and orderly.

Will you please come over and go through my pantry? I have no idea what's in there!
edit on 10/10/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
this is a funny one, and anyone who has seen me sleep always has something to say about it. It started when I was probably around 10. I started sleeping with a pillow over my head, then I realized its even better if I wrap my head up in something plus throw a pillow over my head. I leave just enough room to breathe. ill wrap with anything, I t-shirt, jammie pants, bandana....ect, whatever I can get my hands on. if I sleep without a head wrap, its just not a "good" sleep.

I also prefer sleeping on a floor to a bed. my bed consists of layed out blankets, I started that when I was really young too even though I had a bed then I just liked the floor better.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: miss_sky
this is a funny one, and anyone who has seen me sleep always has something to say about it. It started when I was probably around 10. I started sleeping with a pillow over my head, then I realized its even better if I wrap my head up in something plus throw a pillow over my head. I leave just enough room to breathe. ill wrap with anything, I t-shirt, jammie pants, bandana....ect, whatever I can get my hands on. if I sleep without a head wrap, its just not a "good" sleep.

This is a great thread because it shows me I'm not as weird as I previously thought. I am also a head-wrapper, but I've only been doing it for about a year. I haven't tried the additional throw pillow technique, but I think it merits experimentation.

My "habit" started with my favorite old, holey T-shirt that was no longer wearable, but hard to give up. It felt so comfortable and secure with it on my head. I have now progressed to using a twin sheet and I'm sure I look odd in my "night turban", because it covers down to just above my nostrils. Of course, on these cool nights I pull the blanket up to cover my mouth and leave just my nostrils poking out. If I get hot, I throw off the blanket, but the sheet on my head remains. LOL

Another odd thing I do. I have a squirt bottle beside my bed. If I get too hot in the night, I give myself a light misting to cool me off. I go right back to sleep...

Is anyone else embarrassed to "confess" these odd things? LOL
edit on 10/10/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

hahahaha....nice to meet another head wrapper!!!

I also just leave enough for breathing room and on the cold nights you don't even know im there. im the same way in the summer if its hot, the blankets come off but that headwrap stays!!

edit on 10-10-2014 by miss_sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Oh wait, I'm a night mummy too...

Hi, I'm John and I am a head wrapper.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Yeah, ive got a few:

avoid all fake sweeteners like the plague (seriously, 10 out of 19 times I can taste them upon first taste). They make me sick now anyway.

Count. Everything. Even breaths. And steps.

Talk to pretty much every animal I see, as well as trees and plants.

Sleep with one arm over my eyes. I do that one so much that my cat started to mimic me.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
YOU are all M - A -D
barking flaming mad

just admit it and seek help

Failing that will someone please come and clean my house
please please please

I used to be a clean freak 2 then something happened i stopped giving a dam

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Geez, you guys make me feel so.... normal. *sniffle*

- I wipe the kitchen countertops at least 20 times a day, I hate seeing even so much as a crumb on the them.

- After I've added the cream to my coffee, I stir it exactly 3 full stirs, lightly tap the teaspoon on the edge twice to remove any excess drip, and then place the teaspoon facedown on the edge of the coffee maker to ensure that nothing gets on the counter.

- The toilet lid has to be down at all times to cover the toilet, no exceptions. I'll even put the lid down in someone else's house if I walk by and see that it's up.

- All pictures/mirrors on the walls are perfectly straight and level, and I can spot one from a mile away if it's slightly out of whack. I tend to straighten pictures at other people's houses as well.

- If I see a shirt tag sticking out of the back of someone's shirt, I'll walk up and tuck it in for them.

- "A place for everything, and everything in it's place" - is not a suggestion, it's a lifestyle.

- Towels are folded into 1/3rd folds (rather than halfs) to make them look more fluffy when stacked in the linen closet (colour coordinated, of course).

- Symmetry. That is all.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

BH - the "tic" could be as simple as a potassium deficiency. Try eating a banana or two a day and see if it goes away. If so, then it is potassium.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

o jesus you are one of them too nooooooooooo

All pictures/mirrors on the walls are perfectly straight and level,

mine looks like Willy Wonkas office

If I see a shirt tag sticking out of the back of someone's shirt, I'll walk up and tuck it in for them.

I do not want to know what you will do if you see someones zipper open

ps i blew my 1000th post on you

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join