It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd things I do...how about you?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'm just going to name them extemporaneously. I do not feel the need to justify but will commiserate. LOL! Feel free to join me and add your own.

- take shoes off before coming inside.
- unscented everything
- no artificial sweeteners
- no high fructose corn syrup
- showers after extensive school and work contact
- count to 20 slowly while hand-washing
- do not use microwave more than a 30 seconds to one minute melt/reheat
- zero Teflon
- no acetaminophen or ibuprofen for fevers unless over 102.5
- no antibiotics unless absolutely necessary
- no fabric softeners or air fresheners
- only organic produce and meats
- no deodorant w/aluminum
- no toothpaste with triclosan or polyethylene micro beads
- zero round-up
- very limited pesticides (none in house at all, green versions limited to outside)
- no "maintenance" drugs
- no contraceptives
- green household cleaners, except bleach in limited quantities

That's all I can think of for now...I may add more later and I'm so curious as to what kind of things ATSers might add.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I'm game.

Always walk a few miles in others shoes.

Keep very clean, and do some counts.

Follow though.

Always do things I expect others to do first.

Try not to place blame.

Continually try to foster self improvement within myself.

Be honest and direct.

Live without the alter ego.

Hold the door open.

Care for my body within my understanding.

Count time.

Find time to relax even in a moment.

Smile.

It's not as micro, but there it is in a small list

Cheers

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

You realize that you just basically checked off the entire OCD checklist?

As for me, when I think I refer to myself as "we" - like "Man, we really need to get this house cleaned today." and I have absolutely no idea why.

Oh and I compulsively origami any small piece of paper that is left near me.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

"We" are ignoring that you just called us OCD.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

i refuse to make more than one trip carrying in groceries

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

That must hurt.

Another...I never use the first few spins of a TP roll when I'm (horrors!) forced to use a public restroom - and I *never* sit, squat only.

Oh - and I never use those hand blowers...disgusting air sucked from the floor.

As I write these, it's not lost on me that I may be in need of professional help
....maybe my saving grace is that, if I occasionally have to break one of my rules, I don't freak out, break down, etc.

I do roll with it.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Besides what SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) asks Me? I like to keep it at "dishes and dogs" to not overwork the program. If I can walk ALL 4 and feed them and have the dishes done by bedtime, whenever that is, then I feel "fine"... I arise and apply coconut oil and do some a.m. yoga and meditation and am done with that around 0530 hrs. The dogs then awake and I water them and watch as they do their yoga (3 Weimaraners and a hermaphroditic Affenspinscher) The 16 y.o. female will only sit on Her spot and they ALL await until She gets settled. Once She gets up off the couch, then it is time for our morning walk. When We get back to the house, I feed them and then 'train/play' with the 5 m.o. puppy.

If the weather is good We "might" jump in the boat and go fishing. If the weather doesn't cooperate We'll just "sit"... I once HAD to cram a bunch of crap into My day to feel "fulfilled" until I had a health scare and then an 'epiphany' not too long after the health scare. A big part of that epiphany was the discovery that it "isn't about Me" and I experienced flashed of previous lives I lived. It was then that I figured, if I have had 'previous Lives' why wouldn't I have another after this One??? At that point, the concept of "time" totally changed for Me...

Best thing I did today? I grabbed a worm off the street and placed Him/Her on the grass.

A "Full Day" or a 'Fool Day'?
edit on 9-10-2014 by JimNasium because: spelling err.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

You realize that you just basically checked off the entire OCD checklist?

As for me, when I think I refer to myself as "we" - like "Man, we really need to get this house cleaned today." and I have absolutely no idea why.

Oh and I compulsively origami any small piece of paper that is left near me.

Ha! I do the same thing - no idea why.

I have a list O' stuff:

I don't open public restroom doors with my hands. I use a towel and if there are no towels available I use my foot.

I also avoid public restrooms until absolutely necessary.

I avoid fluoride, chlorine, artificial sweeteners, artificial colors, and most people.

If you want to make me angry, use the peanut butter knife (all natural, of course) for the jelly. I will then use that knife in your neck.

I don't actually count while hand washing, but I do it often and methodically. I take off my watch and scrub up to my elbows multiple times a day.

I prefer to take a shower after I #2. (Sorry, I went there.)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus

My people! We have finally found each other!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I eat things that I don't like. Even lima beans.
I do not like my neighbor out back, but I did not eat her.
I switch from boxers to briefs and vice versa when I separate from significant others.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I switch from boxers to briefs and vice versa when I separate from significant others.

I won't judge...or ask why...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
• Won't pick a penny up off the ground unless it's face up. If it's tails I have to flip it over first.

• Snickers bars and apples must be eaten in a specific way.

• Produce washed before put away and washed again prior to cooking.

• Always triple check I didn't forget the cats on the balcony.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Never open the curtains never
3-4 times a year i hoover
with you on the air freshener and smelly stuff

i love living alone so care free a life style resist that ocd it can be done i am living proof

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Cats on the balcony? Oh crap... I think I used to have a cat. Now I am afraid to open the curtains and look on the balcony.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

• Snickers bars and apples must be eaten in a specific way.

Ohh...yeppers.

Similar...cannot, under any circumstances, eat spaghetti and ice cream in the same day. I will totally puke.

Produce washed before put away and washed again prior to cooking.

Should be in the Bible.

edit on 10/9/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Just to be clear, I did table the idea of OCD didn't I? And, if I did, are you currently worrying that the table is dusty or that it is not perfectly aligned with the walls?

Just checking.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I have this thing I do that involves a midget, a gallon of peanut butter & a Platypus but I will refrain because it might offend some people on here.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

It does sound bad, I admit it, but I'm not crazy about it, though I might still be crazy for other reasons.
It's just what I shoot for...if it doesn't go according to plan, I don't freak out or shut down. Just adapt and move on to plan B.

I just find that doing these things makes me feel better. Some literally, some all in my head movies.

edit on 10/9/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

They have a category for that as well. OCPD! It's like OCD lite. FTR I have OCPD and it's actually more fun than it is hassle.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It would be easier to list the normal things I do.

So what is odd, I do not think eating organic is odd. I do not think avoiding artificial sweetners is odd, in fact the consuming of these artificial things is very odd, my grandparents would never eat these things. We have actually created a very odd society, people who think they can consume all this unnatural chemistry with no side effects. The people society considers normal are far from normal. Desire to get rich is an obsessive compulsive behavior. Love of money is not normal, in fact it is a twisted perspective. Putting unnatural chemicals on our bodies is not normal, using chemicals to dry our clothes is not normal either. Most of what society thinks is normal is not. But we are so doped up on unnatural food chemistry and unnatural medicines that most cannot see this.

Society in much of the industrialized countries is getting insane. Even a noodle should not be eaten eldente. It is like everyone is trying to make everyone as crazy as themselves here in America, and those who do not want to bend down this psychopathic trail are being called abnormal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join