It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Vape Thread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Found a buy one get one free deal today at a local vape shop. Got one that tastes just like a grape jolly rancher! The other one is a pineapple flavor, which seems to so far be my favorite, although I'm really enjoying the grape at the moment too. Next on my list is to get a new tank and battery so that I can have more than one flavor throughout the day, and so that I have a backup battery charged when I need it. I'm thinking about upgrading from my evod battery and nautilus tank, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to jump into mods yet!

(just a little vaping update to keep the thread alive!)

edit on 28-10-2014 by MojaveBurning because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MojaveBurning

Thank MB! That's the spirit!

I'm like you. I've been using the regular vv batteries and such for well over a year now. I keep thinking I should try a mod, but am not sure if I would like it. And let's be honest, the cost of some of those is much too steep just to take a chance on it IMO.

I've also looked into rebuildables and I am not sure on that one either. It would certainly be nice to be able to rebuild your own coil heads so you'd never have to worry about having extras if you need them, but I'm just riding the fence at this point.

I don't know what to do.

Have you looked at any mods you are interested in? If so, which ones (if you don't mind) maybe that's something a few of us could discuss.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Turns out if I screw it down too tight it leaks and doesn't work. Got it going now and all is well. I can use it for now and that's a start.

If I can give myself a couple of years, that's ok. That's all I expect as I've ruined my lungs by doing too many bad things(it was the '80's, it was boring in Las Vegas, we had nothing else to do) so I can't expect to hang on for much longer. That's all I want, just to clear up my lungs for a while until I fall apart. Maybe this will help with the dying process and it won't be so bad.

It's not easy but this thing should help. I've still got a few cigs from the pack I bought yesterday, which should have been gone yesterday so that's a good thing. Cutting down is the first step, enhanced with the puffer, and it really does feel better even after just a day with many less cigs than usual.

(post by Taajsgpm removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by jeanrose770 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'm wondering if I'm the only one with this problem? I've tried several times to use an e-cig, but every time I take a puff, it's like the very first time I took a hit off a cigarette. That vapor hits my lungs and I start to cough and choke. I've tried different strengths of juice, different kinds of juice, and a few months ago, I bought a newer e-cig and have the same results.
I normally smoke menthol lights, and I really wish I could stick with the vaping, but every time I take a hit, I have a coughing
fit.
Any suggestions?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Taajsgpm

thankyou for the info and links I will look in to them!

I have all my stuff now!! and have finally got to try my new toy I love it , I have been doing both vaping and cigs so far but will switch to just vaping next week, in my opinion its 1000% better I just have to psych myself up for it again now! but i can do it!

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: virraszto
I'm wondering if I'm the only one with this problem? I've tried several times to use an e-cig, but every time I take a puff, it's like the very first time I took a hit off a cigarette. That vapor hits my lungs and I start to cough and choke. I've tried different strengths of juice, different kinds of juice, and a few months ago, I bought a newer e-cig and have the same results.
I normally smoke menthol lights, and I really wish I could stick with the vaping, but every time I take a hit, I have a coughing
fit.
Any suggestions?

Sorry it took me so long to get to this. Sometimes it doesn't alert me that someone has asked me something.

Some people have a slight allergy to the PG (Propylene glycol) that is found in most eliquids. It's not deadly or dangerous, but can cause what you are describing along with skin rashes in some cases.

You can purchase some eliquids without PG in them. The key is to finding a vendor that will allow you to order your juices with 100% VG (vegetable glycerin) and see if that helps with the coughing. The PG in a liquid also correlates strongly to the "throat hit" most folks want in the ecigs. The more PG in a liquid, the stronger this throat hit will be (like smoking a non filtered cigarette). The higher the nicotine in a liquid, the stronger the throat hit will be. And some stuff??? You just can't smoke it. Cinnamon juices do this to me regardless of what I try. I can't smoke it... at all.

So you probably need to find a juice that has low nicotine and very little to no PG. A lot of vendors will let you choose your mixture and some won't. If you can't find a vendor with juice you'd like to try with 100% VG, you can find a vendor that will allow you to mix your juice with a very low ratio of PG.

I hope that is making enough sense. I know how confusing it is when you are just starting out. It seems way more complicated than it actually is. If it isn't clear enough or you need more help, please just let me know. I will help when and where I can. I can point you in the direction of some vendors that will allow you to adjust your own VG/PG mix if you'd like, but most allow it so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

originally posted by: Shana91aus
a reply to: Taajsgpm

thankyou for the info and links I will look in to them!

I have all my stuff now!! and have finally got to try my new toy I love it , I have been doing both vaping and cigs so far but will switch to just vaping next week, in my opinion its 1000% better I just have to psych myself up for it again now! but i can do it!

Hey!!! You got your stuff!! I'm glad to hear it.

It is indeed a 1000% better and yes... You CAN do it!

What are you currently smoking?? Flavor wise that is...

edit on 11/8/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

fit.
Any suggestions?

In addition to Kangaru's advice, I have a more basic suggestion. I had the same problem when I first started, and through some googling I soon realized that I just wasn't doing it right! I was trying to vape exactly how I smoke, and was burning the crap out of my throat and causing huge coughing fits. Turns out, vaping technique is slightly different than the mechanics of smoking (at least for me and in my experience). I found this video, and forced myself to watch all 9 tedious minutes of it. I experimented with my technique along with the video, and eventually got the hang of it. I'm still using PG/VG blends, so for me it was just my technique and not the PG. Maybe give the video a shot, and if you still can't get it, try like Kang. suggested and ditch the PG. I've found if I have too high of a PG content, I get the scratchy throat coughing thing regardless of my technique. :0 Hope that helps!

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Awesome catch MB!! I didn't even think about that.

Hopefully they'll get it resolved with either or.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I watched the entire video and then grabbed my ecig,
replayed it and did the inhale just as he did. I did
NOT choke! I think my problem was from taking
a big hit and inhaling deep into my lungs like I do
with a cigarette. I took a slow drag, kept it in my mouth
for a second, then a short, quick inhale only to the
bottom of my throat and then the exhale.

I practiced a few times and no coughing! I've had
several ecigs and a dozen bottles of juice for over 5 yrs
that I had given up on.

It's going to take some time to retrain my brain on
how to properly inhale the ecig, but if I keep practicing
I can definitely see myself switching over.

Before when I was inhaling too deep, I noticed I
didn't get a lot of vapor, so I kept dragging on it
more. With the proper way, I had lots of vapor
and felt the nicotine satisfaction.

I'm very excited about this and I can't thank you enough.

edit on 12-11-2014 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Ok , Vaping is fun and all , but you don't want to vape like this unless you really really want to pass out

edit on 12-11-2014 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: virraszto

I am so incredibly happy that the video helped you! I really empathized with your situation, because I was in the same boat when I started. I was desperately ready to stop smoking analogs, and I was getting really frustrated that I couldn't get the vaping thing down. The video helped me, and I'm so glad it's helped you too. Good luck on your transition!

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Just thought it was worth mentioning here, "Vape" is the new Word of the Year!

Puff on this: Oxford Dictionaries just crowned “vape” the Word of the Year!
There was some stiff competition for what would take the top spot, but 2014 belonged to the verb used to describe inhaling and exhaling vapors produced by an electronic cigarette or similar device.
“Although there is a shortlist of strong contenders … it was vape that emerged victorious,” Oxford explained in their blog announcement. “You are thirty times more likely to come across the word vape than you were two years ago, and usage has more than doubled in the past year.”

link

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

fit.
Any suggestions?

I had this same problem and like virraszto it's much better now thanks to Kanga and MB again for great advice

Lil

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lilroanie

fit.
Any suggestions?

I had this same problem and like virraszto it's much better now thanks to Kanga and MB again for great advice

Lil

Yeah, It doesn't always just work with the first item you might buy. Of course, I went cheap to start with the eGo and it burned too hot causing me to cough. Even after a few days it was still too rough.

So I got a adjustable voltage battery and that worked right, but the eGo didn't screw on properly and it leaked. I then got, today, a Kanga(I think that's the name, something like that) chamber that fits my battery and new juice to replace the old stale stuff I had and I'm now in business. I'm cooking with fire as the kids say.

The Kanga chamber cost me ten bucks, the battery 35. Juice is 5 a bottle. Not too bad as the juice will last a while. You just have to find what is right for you. I originally spent 60 for the two eGo, which might have worked if my lungs weren't so thrashed but it was just too hot - I presume, as now with the voltage regulator I can turn it down to where I like it and it doesn't burn and make me cough.

I still haven't quit smoking as the vape has been too unreliable until today and I need to get used to it. Find a good smoke shop(they are on every corner around here) with knowledgeable people and they should help you find something that will work.

Good luck. I'm vaping some kiwi right now and it rocks.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Awesome! Now maybe my spell check will stop telling me how wrong I am whenever I try to type it.

It's good to see so many folks finding something that works for them. Hopefully one day we can help put bi tobacco out of business all together!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
Ok , Vaping is fun and all , but you don't want to vape like this unless you really really want to pass out

Now that was funny! I needed a good laugh.

I'm on my second week of no smoking with the help of vaping. I'm using a spinner v2 with aspire tank. The adjustable voltage is nice for dialing in the sweet spot, it also allowed me to dial the hit down so it wasn't so harsh on the throat. Those having a tough time with the throat hit may want to try an adjustable voltage set-up.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Hi all

Just made it to week 5 with no smoking. All down down to vaping
Started with an E-go to see if I could make the swap and I could.

Received my Innokin Itaste MVP 3.0 and Kanger Subtank plus V2 on the 18th of April and I haven't looked back once

Rebuilt my first coil today with a little help from YouTube videos and it came in at 0.7 ohms just as I expected it to

Ordered my E-juice from www.bestcigliquid.co.uk here in the UK at 50/50 PG/VG 12mg Nicotine and I'm merrily sitting here in a cloud as I type this lol.

In the last 5 weeks I have used less than half of my normal amount of asthma inhaler and I've not done that in over 10 years. I feel healthier and wealthier. I can smell and taste again and the house doesn't stink of tobacco either.

Vaping is the new smoking. Tobacco is so last century
and I look forward to a lot more years on the planet because I gave it up.

I'm now converting my friends to vapers too as they have tried mine and they love the taste.

Banana split is the juice of the day today lol. yesterday was butterscotch and before that was strawberries and cream. I have so many more to chose from and I'm pretty sure that 99% of them will taste great. Never said that about cigarettes haha.

So glad I made the change.

Peace and Happy Vaping.

M.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: murlock

Sounds like a nice combo there. At the moment im useing a mech mod dripper type clone thingie on the MVP also. Its working fine for now but I may need something smaller soon for the summer because I wont have my coat pockets to carry the thing.
Grats on getting rid of the idiot sticks my friend!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join