It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Vape Thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Haha its all good!
Thats great its awesome when you find somewhere with good customer service these days because its so rare most people just want to take your money and dont give a crap! So im happy tp support businesses that show they care about their customers and appreciate your business, thats great!

Yeah if it sounds to good tp be true then it usually is, plus some knock off ones would probably be dangerous aswell, its so hard to tell the difference when buying online though! Alotof people here get stuff from china and resell it on ebay for triple the price its annoying!

Im thinking ill get some kind of tobbacco flavoured one to start with theres so many flavours so ill get a few and see how i go! Do you know anywhere that sells a decent grape one? And that would ship here

It does not sound solly at all! That asvice will help me tremendously in my quitting process! Im pretty good at convincing myself of things from repeating them to myself over and over when all my kids were babies and i would be sitting up at -1-2-3 & 4am feeding them i would tell myself over and over that it will pass & wont last forever and it helped me get through it! haha, i will definitely remind myself that im still getting my nicotine, like i said before the thing i find hardest is keeping my hands occupied with something other than smoking, if it wasnt for that i would probably have had success the last times i tried to quit so im feeling very positive vaping will help, plus with all your awesome advice i will have the proper equiptment needed as soon as i start so i wont have to go through trial and error with other vapes which would make me not even bother and just give up and keep on smoking cigarettes!

The most important advice I can give is to treat cigarettes like an alcoholic does alcohol. You can't just do it socially, and having just the one may be enough to trip you up.

That is solid advice! I never thought about it like that! Its exactly right too, i know that i can't just have one and stop there even one drag i would have to finish the cigarette, last time i quit i caved a few times and each time i brought a whole packet of 20's (about $18 a packet) smoked one and threw it out i did that on a few days it was such a waste of money then i ended up just starting back up again, the first time i had one after not having one for a whole week it made me so sick it was grosse and i could taste all the chemicals yuck!
Thankyou, honestly i probably will need a little cheerleading along the way so i apreciate that! Its good too know i will have someone to talk too if i feel like im going to give up! But i think this is the best chance i have of quitting and im feeling good about it ! I was in with my doctor today because i have an eye ulcer i get them when i am stressed and immunity is low and she told me how i really need too quit smoking , she knows i smoke alot but i have had a chest infection for almost 6 months now that wont go away after alot of courses of antibiotics and she said its prpbably because of the smoking and thats hitting my immunity hard too, i get sick so easilly! So i need to think about my health, especially with the threat of Ebola & many other things alike lurking around the globe! Everything right now is all in favour of me quitting smoking so i need to just do it! I will let you know when my vape arrives so exciting! Sorry for rambling a bit lol! Well now you have my life story lol

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

It is indeed your lucky day!! My favorite flavor in the entire world is grape. I searched and bought and searched and bought until I finally found one that knocked my socks off. It had a really strong throat hit and tasted just like grape jolly ranchers. I mean it was just amazing.

You can find it here : www.apolloecigs.com...

I keep at least 6 - 30ml bottles of this on hand at all times. Other than the orange I recommended in the OP, this is all I smoke. It's been my go to vape for over a year. The quality is awesome and they ship super fast. As a matter of fact, my review of it is posted further down the page in the link I posted lol.

I checked their website and it states that they do try to ship to all countries that ecigs are not banned, so you shouldn't have an issue I don't think. I hope not anyway.

I know all too well about the health issues. I've discussed them here myself. I do absolutely think smoking screws your immune system. I would keep asthmatic bronchitis 8 out of 12 months EVERY year. I have not had it at all since I started along. Nothing. No cough. No wheeze. It's amazing and you can feel it within days. It doesn't take long for your body to start showing it's appreciation.

If you can't get them to deliver that grape, just let me know and I have one or two other places that have decent grape liquids.not as good, but good enough.

I am so excited for you. That will help your success rate more than you know! Seriously. I don't mind the rambling and hope you'll keep us all updated on how it's going.

edit on 10/8/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Grape is my favourite flavour in the entire world too! Its so good! Im buying that! Still waiting on the vape i was hoping it would be here by monday so then i can start on a new week but its not yet arrived today! Australia post is very slow! Im just trying to think if ecigs are banned here, ill go through apollo ecigs and check out their shipping thing after i post & try and buy it i will let you know how i go!

Oh i would love to get rid of my cough! And yes give my immune system a nice boosting it certainly needs it! I remember last time i quit i gpt my taste back and my circulation improved within a few days i always have really cold hands and feet and quitting helped that.

If i can't get that grape i will let you know! Can't wait for all my stuff to actually arrive. Thanka for not minding my rambling, i only have small children to talk too all day so when i get adult conversation i tend to ramble haha!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I know you are excited. That will help you in stopping. I still get excited when I have new "vape mail" coming in and I've been getting stuff in weekly for over a year.

I've got my fingers crossed that Apollo will deliver for you. I know that I have ordered grape from well over 15 different vendors, and none of them even come close to Apollo's.

Hopefully you'll get everything in by Monday (like you said) so you can start out the week SMOKE FREE!!

BTW...

I'm a stay at home mom so I certainly understand wanting/needing to have adult conversations.

My husband works about 80 hours a week, so I post here... Probably too much lol. My posts often ramble on way more than they should, but I am helpless to stop it most of the time. People either love it or hate it.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Oh thats good! I have a grape shisha pen it tastes nice but it has no kick too it at all! And like we discussed you got to have that throat kick!
They do ship to Australia, postage is $20 though because its international so i was just going to get a few there to make it worthwhile did you see their promo for a free disposable ecig also?

Glad you can understand
my partner works very long hours too so i don't get much adult comversation at all. It is definitely needed for sanity! i don't know alot of people in my area too so it extra sucks sometimes... I enjoy reading your posts i don't think you ramble at all, i don't post much but im on here alot i just don't always have something worth while too say so just lurk alot lol.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus

Oh thats good! I have a grape shisha pen it tastes nice but it has no kick too it at all! And like we discussed you got to have that throat kick!
They do ship to Australia, postage is $20 though because its international so i was just going to get a few there to make it worthwhile did you see their promo for a free disposable ecig also?

Glad you can understand
my partner works very long hours too so i don't get much adult comversation at all. It is definitely needed for sanity! i don't know alot of people in my area too so it extra sucks sometimes... I enjoy reading your posts i don't think you ramble at all, i don't post much but im on here alot i just don't always have something worth while too say so just lurk alot lol.

I have not seen that promo, but am going to check it out. Who doesn't like free stuff lol? Hopefully they will send you a coupon with your first order that will save you 30% on your next order to make it worth your while. They are pretty good about that generally. I've gotten one with most orders I've made. That would make the shipping charges a little less painful at any rate.

You should post more. Just hop right in there with everyone else. People will like it or they won't and that's ok. ATS has been a boredom life saver for me. There are some pretty awesome people on here. You can ignore the rest... Just like you do with some family members lol.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Haha yes! I love free stuff (: there was only a few flavours but i got the classic tobacco there was menthol and watermelon aswell i think! But it will be good to have one there that is easy to use anywhere, they look alot like shisha pens the disposable e-cigs. That would be good hopefully i get that coupon iv gotten a few liquids here in Aus too just incase shipping from over there is a little slow.

Yeah i really should, it has definitely been a boredom life saver for me aswell, and i have learnt soo much from this site! Its nice being able to talk with people that i can relate too and that share the same views and opinions as me. I agree there is some very awesome people on here. Haha yes thats so true!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I am starting to toy with the idea of mixing my own juices. Yesterday I realized I was almost out of 18mg juice, and I'm not ready to jump down to 6mg (the only other juice I have in the house). So I just added some 6 to the 18 to fill my tank. They were similar fruity flavors and taste just fine. Obviously, it's probably not good to go mixing pre made flavors all 'willy nilly', but I was in a pinch. I might start researching supplies to make my own flavors/concentrations. I like the idea of being able to precisely control my nicotine content as I lower the levels, instead of having to jump from 18 to 12. Once I get the nicotine completely out of the equation, I think it would be great fun to play more with flavor profiles since I don't have to worry about nicotine altering the flavors.

Anyone else mix their own?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MojaveBurning
I am starting to toy with the idea of mixing my own juices. Yesterday I realized I was almost out of 18mg juice, and I'm not ready to jump down to 6mg (the only other juice I have in the house). So I just added some 6 to the 18 to fill my tank. They were similar fruity flavors and taste just fine. Obviously, it's probably not good to go mixing pre made flavors all 'willy nilly', but I was in a pinch. I might start researching supplies to make my own flavors/concentrations. I like the idea of being able to precisely control my nicotine content as I lower the levels, instead of having to jump from 18 to 12. Once I get the nicotine completely out of the equation, I think it would be great fun to play more with flavor profiles since I don't have to worry about nicotine altering the flavors.

Anyone else mix their own?

I have seen a few members here say that they do mix their own juice, but I can't recall their names right off. Maybe one or two of them will pop in and say something. I have thought about doing it myself as well, as I've heard it was A LOT cheaper to do that than to buy it. I am also nervous that if the FDA has their way... I will be SOL. That's the main reason I am really even considering it. I don't want to be caught out with no juice if they suddenly decide to clamp down in it.

Like you... I have mixed flavors I already had. Sometimes it works, sometimes it's a taste nightmare lol.

I'm sure there are some online tutorials but I'm not sure how good they would be. As everyone is always an expert on the internet.

I wouldn't even have an idea of where to start but it is probably something most of us should start looking into in the near future if we want to continue vaping regardless of rulings handed down.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Awesome thread idea !!

I just joined the e-vaping community yesterday.

Got an itazte MVP starter kit with a 30 ml bottle of Mac Maurier Tobacco juice 18 mg strength (the equivalent of Canadian's Dumaurier cigarettes) and a 10 ml bottle of pomegranate 18 mg juice with is fruit flavored.

I had tried the equivalent of John Player's cigs in the shop but it just ripped my throat away...nothing close to the real thing. Mac Maurier does the trick.

I easily smoke one pack to a pack and a half of cigarettes a day. Sick and tired of the smell, the taste and the ashes everywhere, especially when I drive as I work on the road. Happy to say that I only had one regular cigarette yesterday and one today so far. The vaping seems to be doing the job extremely well in replacing that nasty habit !

The starter kit and the juices cost me the equivalent of a carton of cigarettes and I figure that I will be saving $ 200 to $250 a month easy. But I'm not doing it for money. I'm doing it cause I tried everything else to stop smoking and failed; hypnotherapy, laser treatments, patches...name it. This, so far, is working.

S&F. Was nice reading other's experience with the e-stuff.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SonoftheSun

Welcome to the land of Vaping SonoftheSun!!!

I am glad to hear that it's working for you so far! Seriously. If we all could quit, what would big tobacco and big Pharma do besides lose millions and millions of dollars??

It's a great way to "Stick It To The Man" while improving your health. A win/win scenario so to speak.

Like you, I had tried everything to quit as well. Vaping was my holy grail. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's yours as well.

Keep dropping by. The more of us share, the more educated we can become and the more money we can save. Word of mouth is a big thing when it comes to new equipment and juices IMO.

Keep up the good work in the meantime. You can do it!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Alrighty! So I received my new vape from halo last Wednesday and I figured Id give the thing a few days test run before I come back here for the review.
First impressions were the great packaging!! (silly I know) The trial pack of liquid was in a neat tin can and the starter kit comes with a cool case that's really sturdy and quality. So I was pleasantly surprised on that bit I thought it'd just all be thrown in a box. Also comes with detailed instructions on how to charge the batteries correctly and refill the liquid ect.

Now for the batteries: A bit of background first, I am female so the previous "vape" I had was one of those bulky ones with probably around 8-9 inches long with an inch or so diameter (insert joke here), hard to fit in a pocket :/ and the battery life was only around 8 hrs or so... with about 4-5 hour charging time.
Now the new batteries I got the G6 which look like little cigarettes they have a nice weight to them and the texture is a smooth satin finish with a blue light on the end which is not extremely bright and that's good. And they fit in my pocket! The batteries life is amazing its 6-8 hours!!! For me they both lasted about a day in a half before I had to charge (I was using them a lot). Considering their size I am really happy with this! The only down side is the first time you charge them you have to for 8 hours, take it off use it for 20 minutes then charge for another hour . Then it really only takes a couple hours anytime after the initial charge... haven't really timed that yet as I've just left it charging over night.

And finally the liquid: I first tried the cartomizers (sp?) as I got them free in the starter kit... wouldn't recommend them they have a really week pull and no throat hit (Im using 18mg) and they look really cheap when screwed on the batteries since those look really quality by themselves. Now for 3 bucks I got a mini tank (so glad I did) they look fantastic on the battery and super easy to refill as the top part just pulls off you drop some of the liquid in and you don't have to worry about the bottom leaking onto the battery (as my previous one did, you filled the bottom and it screwed on)Downside is since its really small it doesn't last that long you can only fill .9ml at a time so I've been able to refill the tank 2-3x before the battery lost charge. I’m sure if you get their larger batteries and tanks this wouldn't be an issue.

With the tank and battery its only about as long a bic pen and about the width of an actual cigarette. I got the Manuel battery which works well I can control the pull and battery life more. I've tried 3 different flavors (with 3 more to try) and they have all tasted amazing and I don't get that liquid taste in my mouth like the cheap liquids. Only downside with the liquid is after they are opened they do say in the instructions they will change flavor a bit and that if not stored correctly they can loose the flavor all together but since I have just the small sample bottles I'm not too worried.

To end this novel, I'm very please with what my 80 bucks got me and I will definitely be ordering more from halo. Ill come back and update if anything starts to go wonky I've only had it about a week now so who knows how long all this stuff will last! Fingers crossed. Thanks for reading!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
My vape is here! But my e-juice is not and i can't find ANY at all anywhere with nicotine in them in Australia! So i have too wait possibly another 2 weeks for ones i ordered on standard shipping from the US too here, so more waiting i don't know why but for some reason there is heaps without nicotine but none with.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
So happy! Found a supplier that does nicotine ejuice in Australia, they say its coming from overseas but by the reviews it isn't i guess thats to cover their butts seems its illegal too sell within Aus, so whichever ones come first from the US or here i will be ready to quit next week sometime! I am dieing to use my vape i want too see what its like its just sitting there waiting!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Stuprimori

Thank you for that Stupimori! I have heard nothing but good things when it comes to Halo. I might have to check them out as I have become semi addicted to trying out new equipment. I'm always on the lookout for something small yet powerful. It seems to be pretty hard to find though.

It sounds like you might have done it!

originally posted by: Shana91aus
So happy! Found a supplier that does nicotine ejuice in Australia, they say its coming from overseas but by the reviews it isn't i guess thats to cover their butts seems its illegal too sell within Aus, so whichever ones come first from the US or here i will be ready to quit next week sometime! I am dieing to use my vape i want too see what its like its just sitting there waiting!

Gahhh!! I read your first post and I was so frustrated for you! There's nothing like having a new toy that you can't use. It's like having an awesome Christmas gift and no batteries!!!

I did know that it was illegal to sell the eliquid with nicotine in it in Australia and figured you would have to order out to get it shipped in, I just thought it wouldn't take half that long to do it! That is insane! I can get stuff from china shipped here in less than a week when the odds are in my favor.

I hope it gets there soon. I know it sucks bad when that happens. Don't be discouraged though. It will get there and your smoke free journey can begin then.

edit on 10/19/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Yeah i could go the express option and it would be here within a week but i can't justify paying around $50 for postage its just insane too me most ill pay is like $25-30 and even if you order a small amount of atuf its still that high price. China too here is usually about 2 weeks, i think we are closer to China aswell, crazy. Australia Post is just notoriously slow it can take up to 10 days to receive something from within Australia yet sometimes it can be as little as 2 days its all over the place.

Im glad i have found this Australian one from the reviews it tales about 3-5 days so that is good, decent prices too, US prices are etter though so once i work out what works for me i will do a bulk order!

Thankyou
can't wait to start.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Just checking in to see if any of your stuff had arrived yet?? I'm nosy to know how it's going.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

not yet! im actually hoping today! the Aussie site that was supposed to be quick aint so quick afterall! but I live in Perth which is on other side of the country from where it is coming from so it can take up to 10 business days, my vapes just waiting its all charged and ready to go! lol I have actually ordered my partner one also he is going to be doing it with me ! im so glad! I can get non nicotine stuff from a few shops I might just pick some up to give it a go atleast if im still waiting! lol.i just want to quit cigarettes already! I would have been like 3 weeks smoke free by now if post wasn't so slow haha

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

That is crazy! I guess you are wayyyy out lol. I'm glad you have someone doing it with you. It makes it easier. My husband wouldn't have any of it. He's still smoking and has no plans to quit. I just leave him alone and hope one day he will get as tired of it as I did and decide he's done. I quit when he got so sick with his breathing, it terrified me. Obviously I was more terrified than he was.

He'll get there and you will too! I just feel bad that it's taking so long! You'll both be good and ready though, so there is that!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I just received a new order for some orange eliquid in from Draco Vapors...

I've used it for two days and it is amazing. Tropicana in a vape. At 12mg it has all the throat hot and vapor you could need or want. I ran across this vendor by accident and this was my first order. It won't be my last.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join