It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Vape Thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hr2burn
So I have been considering going this route for a solid year. I'm sure some have you have tried different units and the......whatever you would call the liquid. Any suggestions? I don't want to go the route most do and the whole trial and error. I.e. I know there are disposable units....but I'm sure there are some down falls with them. Am I better got to a smoke shop or just the local convenience store?

In my opinion, I think you should go to a vape shop, preferably one that's also a lounge where you can try flavors and get advice on a starter set up.

A few months back, I decided to try the convenience store ecigs to quit. I could tell that they had the potential to help me, if only they were a better quality. I had to suck really hard to feel anything (what I now learned is called a throat hit). And they hardly put out any vapor to simulate exhaling smoke. Then the darn things just quit working altogether, wouldn't charge anymore. And I started back with the regular cigs almost immediately.

Decided to try again, and did tons of research, and then cross referenced my research with what the people at the local vape shop suggested. For about $60 bucks I came out with what I feel is a nice tank that makes a nice amount of vapor and a battery that lasts me *almost* all day (I use it pretty heavily though) and a large bottle of the juice.

Definitely do lots of research, I wasted money buying the convenience store ones first, I wish someone had told me to take a leap of faith and go to something of a better quality.

Here's a link to what I got for a starter set up (battery and tank), and I'm happy with it so far. I'm entering week 3 tomorrow of no analog cigs! Obviously, I'm not affiliated or advertising this brand or anything, just wanted to show what's working for me.

Kanger Evod

tank

My husband has a different tank than me, he has the kanger one that you can get with the above battery as a starter set. He likes it just fine, but he was a very light smoker. I personally don't care for his, it has a little less "oomph" if you will. I have to hit it a lot harder than mine and it doesn't make enough vapor for my liking, and has very little/practically zero throat hit (I was a pretty heavy smoker).

Hope that helps! good luck!

Edit to add: I just did the math, and I've already almost made back my ecig start up cost by not having had to buy cigarettes!
edit on 5-10-2014 by MojaveBurning because:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hr2burn
So I have been considering going this route for a solid year. I'm sure some have you have tried different units and the......whatever you would call the liquid. Any suggestions? I don't want to go the route most do and the whole trial and error. I.e. I know there are disposable units....but I'm sure there are some down falls with them. Am I better got to a smoke shop or just the local convenience store?

MojaveBurning gave you some excellent advice above... On both where to go and what equipment is good to start with.

Like many others, I started out with the disposables found at the tobacco shops. They gave us 2 free to try one day when we went on to buy our weekly cartons. The downfall to the disposables are that they don't usually hit hard enough for long enough and they will wind up costing you more in the long run than a set up similar to what MB suggested.

The liquid will always be trial and error unless you do have a place that allows you to test them before you buy them. I did not. I was long into the whole "liquid" thing before my local smoke shop started carrying it. They carried the disposables for a year before moving up to something better.

There are several eliquid companies online that sell small trial bottles for pretty cheap and sample packages that allow you to try several flavors for not a lot of money. It will more than likely take you a while to find something that you like really well and that you can smoke all day everyday. It took me about 6 months if I'm honest about it. I smoked things I was ok with, but didn't find one that made me mostly forget about cigarettes for a while.

I have bought from many companies online and would be happy to make recommendations if you run across one you think you might like to buy from. On the low side, I have probably purchased juice from 25 different sites and equipment from at least 10.

But yeah... My advice would be to go with something other than a disposable. Especially if you were/are a heavy smoker.
edit on 10/6/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Can't get mine to work. Bought two cheap eGo from my smoke shop. They were burning my throat and making me cough. I bought a Vision Spinner II battery so I could lower the current and two days later both pieces just stopped working. They still make noise but there's nothing there. I used them for a total of about four days and they are dead. I can get maybe one hit and that's it.

I actually expected technology to work. Of course, I was wrong.

So, I'm waiting to make a few bucks and get something that will work. Just taking a long time to come up with the few bucks needed.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Are the batteries acting like they are working but you can't get any vape from them? What I mean by that is... When you push the button to use them, is the light lighting up but you are unable to get and smoke at all?

They should not wear out that fast. Especially not more than one. I have received equipment that did not work long of course, but I have never had it happen to me more than one. I may be able to help if you can be more specific about what's going on when you try to use them.

This could be the problem??

I have had this happen many, many times and it's an easy fix. If the center pin in pressed down too far, they won't be able to charge, leaving you thinking they are just gone. Screwing on your tank or your charger can press that center connection down to far for it to connect properly. If you try this, be easy when doing it. You can pry it up a pretty good amount, but you don't want to do it too far as it will break your battery or allow juice to get inside ruining it for real.

I am of course assuming this could be the problem. Try it and see if it works and let me know. If not there may be something else going on that we can try in an attempt to save you a bit of money to buy new equipment.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Even with my glasses on I can't see real small detail on small things like this. I'll just go to the shop around the corner in a while and talk to them. Younger eyes and a little more knowledge than I have will probably help.

I'll say more when I find out. It was good when working so I'd like to try and save a little bit of my lungs. Thanks for trying, though.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I have been toying with the idea of vaping for months, and last week I bit the bullet and ordered a Kangertech EVOD starter kit which came with two batteries, cartomisers etc, basically two vapes, and some extra coils. I received it on Thursday, and I've not smoked a regular cigarette since then.

Even my boyfriend who gave up smoking almost 15 years ago had a wee blast on it, and loved it and now wants to get one of his own (I wouldn't give him my other vape as I have two flavours of e-liquid and have one in each, and one is a back up for when the battery dies on the other).

I don't know whether I'm addicted to the nicotine or the action of smoking, but I've got nicotine free e-liquids and just the action of the hand to mouth, inhalation and exhalation is enough for me to like it so much more, and it tastes much yummier too!

I was spending about £50 a month on ciagrettes (not a BIG smoker, as I can't smoke in the house, so I was smoking maybe 20-30 a week) but I see this as a much more healthier, and cost effective way to get what I want and not die from it

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The wife and kids (well, they are 19 and 21) do this occasionally. I don't really see the attraction. Typically, it's only while drinking anyhow (well, except for the 19 yr old, who just does it because he thinks he's cool). Not for me, but no real harm in it, as long as they are steering away from the more carcinogens ones.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Lulzaroonie

Agreed. I think vaping has such a high success rate because it does give you the physical gratification and not just the drug gratification. I had a harder time trying to quit before this because there was nothing to do with my hands, so to speak.

I was a heavy smoker myself. 2 packs a day and sometimes more. At 34 I was diagnosed with COPD after a near death bout with pneumonia and that still wasn't enough to make me quit stupidly enough. My husband still smokes, and I am hoping one day he will decide he's had enough. I don't push him as I didn't turn into a nazi no smoker when I did quit. He still smokes in the house right next to me. The cigarettes are still here anytime I want to reach for them. That made it a bit harder,but I did it anyway.

I am saving about $65 a week at least. Sometimes more and sometimes less depending on what equipment/juice I buy. That's a lot of money. Not to mention that I threw away my inhaler, I didn't need any allergy medicine and I didn't need a visit to the doc this year for asthmatic bronchitis like I have every year for the last 20. So it does save a lot of money and a lot of health problems.

I wish you continued success!! Those who have never smoked have no clue what it's like to try and quit. It's one if the hardest things I've ever done, but I am so glad that I did.

Not having nicotine is awesome IMO. You've beat the beast completely when you can do that. Vaping afterwards is just enjoyable and decreases your chances of going back to regular cigs if you aren't careful. I think smoking is a lot like alcoholism... You can never again have just one. That one will lead to the downfall... At least it would for me. I have tried it too many times to be fooled again.

Keep calm, keep proud of yourself, and vape on!!

originally posted by: Gazrok
The wife and kids (well, they are 19 and 21) do this occasionally. I don't really see the attraction. Typically, it's only while drinking anyhow (well, except for the 19 yr old, who just does it because he thinks he's cool). Not for me, but no real harm in it, as long as they are steering away from the more carcinogens ones.

That's right! There are always worse things. We would prefer our children (regardless of age) to not partake in stuff like this, but if this is all they do... Then it's really not so bad IMO. Like you said... At least they aren't doing the real deal.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

I am saving about $65 a week at least. Sometimes more and sometimes less depending on what equipment/juice I buy. That's a lot of money. Not to mention that I threw away my inhaler, I didn't need any allergy medicine and I didn't need a visit to the doc this year for asthmatic bronchitis like I have every year for the last 20. So it does save a lot of money and a lot of health problems.
:

That right there is exactly why people should give vaping a go. I'm so pleased for you that your medical ailments have alleviated

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
WOW ! I received the Highbrowbacco - French Pipe vapor juice and I have to say this is so good its not even in the same category with the other brands I have tried.
100% natural flavors. 0% artificial flavors make the difference and the difference is huge.
Really cant recommend this enough.
highbrowvapor.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
WOW ! I received the Highbrowbacco - French Pipe vapor juice and I have to say this is so good its not even in the same category with the other brands I have tried.
100% natural flavors. 0% artificial flavors make the difference and the difference is huge.
Really cant recommend this enough.
highbrowvapor.com...

I'm glad you liked it! I hate to recommend something or a place and the other person thinks it sucks.

I received my order of the Limoncello and the Strawberry Lemonade the day before yesterday and while they were also excellent, they did not compare with the Orange DeSangre that I originally recommended. Their juices do not have that "chemical/plastic" taste that many other vendors seem to have in all of their juices for some reason. That alone, is worth the extra few bucks they cost IMO.

If you decide to try more, please come back and post about it. Not just with Highbrow but anywhere. I am hoping this thread can be used for that purpose as well. I hate buying juices blindly and would always prefer a recommendation beforehand.

Thanks for letting me know. I have not found a good vanilla and I will have to check it out on my next order.

Indeed and thanks!! Every time I see a vaping thread here, there is always one person that pipes up about two cases of pneumonia coming from vaping. For some reason that seems to outweigh all of the deaths, and cancer that real cigarettes have caused.

While it is true that ecigs have not been tested for years and years, it is also true that it is a safer alternative. Nobody can tell me that inhaling 5,000 less chemicals is worse. Period. People can FEEL it. That for me says more than any medical test ever could. I smoked 2 (or more) packs a day for over 20 years. For the last 15 I have had asthmatic bronchitis at least 8 months out of 12 EVERY year. I have been cigarette free for over a year and have not had one cough, one cold, the flu, pneumonia, asthma attack, etc. since then. I can run up the steps without feeling like my chest is going to cave in.

I can FEEL what it's done for me, and that's why I am such an advocate for it. My husband still smokes. They told him last year that he may need to be on oxygen by the time he is 40 if he doesn't quit. He had a coughing fit that left him passed out cold in the floor and a few more afterwards that scared me so bad, that I quit. I wish it had done the same for him, but we all have to do it in our own time. When I heard the part about the oxygen, it clicked how utterly stupid it is to keep doing something that will affect your life that badly while still being that young.

I wish more people would give it an honest go and I hope that the fear mongering does not put people off of making a healthier choice out of fear.

I wish you continued success as well! It's a battle everyday to win the war.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Thanks, I was so confused
I just got some liquid from Highbrow & South Beach yesterday but haven't had a chance to clean my tanks and load it up yet. The ones I had before was from a place called Crystal Canyon and the only one I really liked was the Yukon. It was kinda sweet with a bit of peppermint in it that is pretty awesome. I smoke menthol so I really liked the peppermint. The more menthol like juices were like eating a teaspoon of wasabi lol Sinus blast!

I'm wondering if I need to get a different battery now though because I'm not getting as much flavor as I would like and I see you all said that has a lot to do with that. I wonder if the flavors I didn't like before was because of that or just not flavory enough... Hrmm

Thanks again for the help, explanations and advice.. Toodles hehe

Lil

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Lilroanie

You are more than welcome!

The weak flavor could be due to many things. It could be the juice, the tank/coil head you are using, and yes... the battery. If you have to order another battery anyway (most do so they can have a few if the power goes out and you can't charge for a day or so, or one just quits working) I would recommend a variable voltage battery. That was my problem. The battery couldn't push enough power to make the flavor pop. And if it's not enjoyable, you won't stick with it.

You can purchase an itaste vv or a kanger ipow/vv. Both are very good brands that I've never had a problem with and are very affordable (which means a lot to me). It's a cheap investment and saves money on buying tons of juice trying to find one that is strong enough when it probably is the battery.

When you get it, you can dial it up or down to find that sweet spot and it's different for everyone.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Holy crap at the high prices batman!! Wow. I thought it was bad here. For a stronger throat hit it is just as much about the equipment than it is about the juice, but it does take both to work well. I use fairly inexpensive equipment. But started off with pretty cheap stuff so I was just as disappointed as you. I feel your pain. I use a variable voltage battery. You can find these through doing a google search as I don't want to seem like I am advertising for anyone. I prefer the Innokin itaste VV express kit (googling that will get you results to stores that carry them so you can compare prices if you're interested), and the Innokin clk 1280 express kit. Both of these will allow you to adjust your setting on watts and amps which will in turn change your entire vaping experiences. Some juices taste better with low wattage and amps. Some juices can really dazzle you when those are turned up to burn hotter. Your choice of juice will also matter. Some juices will not have a throat hit worth 2 cents regardless of how much power you put to them. They just won't. Picking a juice with a higher PG content will help the throat hit a lot. The best fruity flavor, with the best throat hit I have ever had is here... www.apolloecigs.com... This has been my go to liquid for a solid year. Nothing else I have tried has compared to this. It tastes exactly like grape jolly ranchers and hits like a horse kicking you in the back of the throat. The only thing that has knocked this off it's perch was the juice I mentioned in the OP. You could probably go with 6 mcg on your nicotine as you get nauseated often from the 8 mcg you smoke. The next highest would probably be 12 on most vendors. It's important to not go overboard because that does increase your failure risk. You can always take an extra hot if you need it, but you can't take out the nicotine after you've ordered it. I hope that helps somewhat. I'm just a vaper myself and can only attest to what has worked for me and share what I have learned. Ask as many questions as you want and I will try my best to get back to you about it. I'm really hoping more folks will come in and offer their advice on occasion and what worked for them. You can do it. You just have to believe in yourself and go for it!

Thankyou so much for all your info! It has helped alot! I am an ebay addict and have found alot of the itaste ones on there and theyre really cheap so i have decided i will buy one of them, still deciding what one there is a starter kit one but it looks pretty basic! And then i saw a pink one and i was like OMG! i love pink lol. Also there is ones with tanks and ones without im going to assume with tank is better ? i will go have a look at juices now and take your advice while choosing them aswell. Thanks again! My partner is quitting smoking cigarettes aswell so i think it will make it alot easier for me!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

You can purchase an itaste vv

I can attest to the goodness of the itazte vv. It's a miraculous amount of technology and vaping power for low $$.

I likes it alot.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

I actually have a pink innokin clk kit that I purchased from ebay and I absolutely love it. If you buy the ones that are marked "Express Kit" on them it will come with a battery, a charger, a lanyard, and a tank. You can find them for a bit over $30 and maybe even less depending on how hard you look. These batteries do require different chargers than other ecigs, so it's just easier to buy the express kit and have one on hand instead of having to order one after it arrives. Nobody likes to wait to try out their new equipment. That sucks big time as I have done it before.

Whatever you choose, you will need a tank, or clearomizer to go with it. If you purchase the express kit, it will come with one you can try and if you like it you can reorder the same ones at hundreds of different places.

I actually do recommend purchasing a Pyrex tank if you are going to stick with vaping. I have used the Mini Davide, the Kanger protank 1 and 2, the Mini Kanger Aerotank, and just received a Kanger mini Geni tank in the mail today. All of them are excellent choices IMO. The mini Davide is probably going to be your cheaper option. The only reason that I recommend these is that they do not break or melt when you use certain juices. Plastic tanks will melt and sometimes even shatter if you put any kind of acidic (orange, lemonade, cinnamon) juice in them. They cost a little bit more than the plastic tanks but you can reuse them forever. You only have to purchase the heads that go with them, instead of purchasing all new plastic tanks every time you need a fresh one. The heads/wicks do wear out over time.

While not all plastic tanks need complete replacement (you can replace the heads in some of them as well, but not all) I do find that the flavor is more muted in them than they are in glass.

I wish you the best of luck in kicking the habit. It's hard for sure, but this makes it much easier.

ETA - This link: www.discountvapers.com...

They have excellent customer service, their prices are outstanding, and their shipping is crazy fast. This is where I always get my replacement heads.

originally posted by: Bybyots

You can purchase an itaste vv

I can attest to the goodness of the itazte vv. It's a miraculous amount of technology and vaping power for low $$.

I likes it alot.

You are absolutely correct. They are my go to batteries now. I have the new Innokin clk 1280, the regular clk, and 2 of the itaste vv's. They are all excellent IMO. you really can't go wrong with any of them.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

I actually have a pink innokin clk kit that I purchased from ebay and I absolutely love it. If you buy the ones that are marked "Express Kit" on them it will come with a battery, a charger, a lanyard, and a tank. You can find them for a bit over $30 and maybe even less depending on how hard you look. These batteries do require different chargers than other ecigs, so it's just easier to buy the express kit and have one on hand instead of having to order one after it arrives. Nobody likes to wait to try out their new equipment. That sucks big time as I have done it before.

Whatever you choose, you will need a tank, or clearomizer to go with it. If you purchase the express kit, it will come with one you can try and if you like it you can reorder the same ones at hundreds of different places.

I actually do recommend purchasing a Pyrex tank if you are going to stick with vaping. I have used the Mini Davide, the Kanger protank 1 and 2, the Mini Kanger Aerotank, and just received a Kanger mini Geni tank in the mail today. All of them are excellent choices IMO. The mini Davide is probably going to be your cheaper option. The only reason that I recommend these is that they do not break or melt when you use certain juices. Plastic tanks will melt and sometimes even shatter if you put any kind of acidic (orange, lemonade, cinnamon) juice in them. They cost a little bit more than the plastic tanks but you can reuse them forever. You only have to purchase the heads that go with them, instead of purchasing all new plastic tanks every time you need a fresh one. The heads/wicks do wear out over time.

While not all plastic tanks need complete replacement (you can replace the heads in some of them as well, but not all) I do find that the flavor is more muted in them than they are in glass.

I wish you the best of luck in kicking the habit. It's hard for sure, but this makes it much easier.

ETA - This link: www.discountvapers.com...

They have excellent customer service, their prices are outstanding, and their shipping is crazy fast. This is where I always get my replacement heads.

Thanks again for more awesome info, I have found one i want too order for $45 and it includes

1 x i Taste C.L.K Vaporizer (800mAh, Passthrough) 1 x iClear16D dual coil Tank 1 x Beauty ring 1 x Lanyard 1 x Micro USB charging cable 1 x Manual 1 x Free Bonus Med Case

Does that sound like what i should be getting?i just wanted to double check before i order & pay, also i looked at both the US ebay & Australia, everything seems to be alot cheaper from there but i will have too wait longer to get started and with postage from the US it works out about the same anyway so i figured id get that here its still a pretty good price! i think. Im just confused about the charger i have a different kind of vaporizer a atmos rx but thats a dry one and for something else and it doesnt actually vape anyway its a total fail but it has a micro usb charger too so i already have a wall plug that i can plug a micro usb in too so with that cord i should be okay i hope! but i just want to make sure that one will be atrong enough for me! Now i am just sorting the liquid stuff out then i am good to go! Oh and the tanks! I saw this comes with a tank but obviously i want the pyrex now because it sounds alot better so can i get that seperate then to go with that or? sorry for all the questions!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

That sounds exactly what you'll need to get started. That kit will have everything you need besides liquid to get going.

You can use the tank that comes with that kit and you may like it a lot, but you won't be able to use any acidic juice (lemonade, orange, cinnamon, etc.) in it. You will have to purchase the Pyrex tank separate (as you said). You can find those on ebay as well for a pretty good price. Just make sure you order from the US on those, as there are a lot of Chinese shippers that sell knockoffs and they are not as good as the original.

You want a tank that fits your battery (at least I do, one that doesn't look too huge) you can go with the mini Davide, mini kanger protank 1 or 2, mini kanger aerotank (my absolute favorite and I have tried all I am recommending), mini kanger geni tank. All of those are great tanks. The mini Davide will probably be the cheapest out of those. I have 4 of those and they are excellent. I do prefer the kanger mini aerotank out of all of those. You may can find one of those on ebay for $15. It's totally worth that IMO.

But yes, what you are getting ready to order is everything you need. I was a very heavy smoker, who was really chasing that throat hit and I love my clk battery (the one you are ordering). I liked it so much, that I ordered another one within days of trying it. I think you will be happy with it.

I don't mind any questions you have. I will try my best to answer pretty quickly and always honestly.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Awesome i have ordered that now so all i have to do is find liquids and wait now! I have been looking at the tanks you suggested, i looked on a few australian vape sites they do have the ones you mentioned the kanger aero mini one is $33 on one site but i don't want a knock off when paying that much so ill go through the sites you already told me about, its less on the discount vape site you linked me too aswell so i think ill just get one on there they deliver to australia too, only thing they cant send to australia is batteries! I can't find any of the aero tank on our ebay only international, which is mainly stuff from china! Now for the liquids i will make sure i dont get any acidic ones until the other tank arrives, i may need help working all that out too lol!

Thats excellent! I really hope i have as much success with it as what you have had, my mind is in a good place and im so ready to ditch cigarettes so i can do this! Thanks again!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

D'oh! I forgot you were in Australia! I'm so glad Discount Vapors will deliver there though. Eric runs that with pride and excellent customer service. If you have any problems with any order, he will get right on it and make it right before the sun sets. I have ordered from there more times than I can count. Only one order was messed up, and he shipped out the correct item as priority the same day no questions asked. You don't see a lot of people that appreciate their customers like that. At least not here in the States at any rate.

It is in fact where I purchased my mini Kanger aerotank. Same price. It's worth the extra few dollars to get the real thing. I've learned that the real hard way. Some things don't make a difference, some do. I've had knock off tanks that leak, and gurgle constantly and I wound up having to throw them away. So it really doesn't save a lot if you think about it.

Most sites will post a warning for an eliquid if it has been shown to crack tanks, but some don't. If you're not sure, I'll try to help as best I can. Sometimes it is hard to tell.

And you can do it. You can.

I'll tell you what worked for me. It might sound silly, but I really think it's the one thing that kept me going...

When I started to crave a real cigarette I would stop what I was doing and take a minute to remind myself that my body was still getting the nicotine that it craves and the only difference was In the delivery method. I bet I told myself that 200 times a day for the first few weeks. I would remind myself that I had no detox symptoms and tell myself how silly it was to want a cigarette simply because it felt normal in my hand. Over and over and over. You are still getting the nicotine. There are no withdrawals. It just feels odd holding your vaporizer instead of a cigarette.

I even went so far as to clean out my ashtrays and prop my vaporizer up in them when I wasn't using it so I still had the feeling of picking up a "cigarette" out of the ashtray just like always.

It is all in your mind and if you can over come that, then you can start tapering down the amount of nicotine in your juices when you feel safe enough to do so. And even if you don't... It's still a better option than cigarettes.

Like I said... All of that does sound rather silly, but it worked for me. Keep telling yourself that you can do it. And once you get a few weeks under your belt, you will start telling yourself that it would be a shame to waste all of that time just to have to do it all over again if you start smoking again. Because we all know how many times most of us have tried and failed. I still tell myself that it's been well over a year... don't let it be for nothing.

I do still crave one on the rare occasion and I imagine I likely always will. I can't smoke just one. I have not had one drag since I quit because I know if I do, all of my effort will go to waste.

The most important advice I can give is to treat cigarettes like an alcoholic does alcohol. You can't just do it socially, and having just the one may be enough to trip you up.

So have faith in yourself. You can do it!!

If you need some cheerleading from time to time, just let me know.

There are many here that can offer support, because we know how difficult those first few days/weeks are.

You seem to be in the exact right frame of mind for the odds to be in your favor!

edit on 10/8/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join