It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assassination of Star Wars Scientists

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
These coincidental deaths occured between 1982-1986. Within the span of 6 years, 23 deaths of English scientists that worked on Star Wars related projects died. All of them worked in areas regarding electronic warfare, which includes UFO Research. Below I will list their names, dates of deaths, and cause of death:

1. 1982. Professor Keith Bowden: killed in auto crash
2. July 1982. Jack Wolfenden: died in glider accident
3. November 1982. Ernest Brockway: suicide
4. 1983. Stephen Drinkwater: suicide by strangulation
5. April 1983. Lieutenant-Colonel Anthony Godley: missing, declared dead
6. April 1984. George Franks: suicide by hanging
7. 1985. Stephen Oke: suicide by hanging
8. November 1985. Jonathan Wash: suicide by jumping from a building
9. 1986. Dr. John Brittan: suicide by carbon-monoxide poisoning
10. October 1986. Arshad Sharif: suicide by placing a rope around his neck, tying it to a tree and then driving away at high speed. Took place in Bristol 100 miles from his home in London
11. October 1986. Vimal Dajibhai: suicide by jumping from a bridge in Bristol, 100 miles from his home in London
12. January 1987. Avatar Singh-Gida: missing, declared dead
13. February 1987. Peter Peapell: suicide by crawling under car in garage
14. March 1987. David Sands: suicide by driving car into cafe at high speed
15. April 1987. Mark Wisner: death by self-strangulation
16. April 10, 1987. Stuart Gooding: killed in Cyprus
17. April 1987. Shani Warren: suicide by drowning
18. May 1987. Michael Baker: killer in auto crash
19. May 1988. Trevor Knight: suicide
20. August 1988. Alistair Beckham: suicide by self-electrocution
21. August 1988. Brigadier Peter Ferry: suicide by self-electrocution
22. Date Unknown. Victor Moore: suicide

I don't know the total list to date, but would love any additional feedback on adding to this list or identifying the exact star wars related projects each of these people were working on.

This information is the direct result of research by famous author Sidney Sheldon. I recommend that everyone read the full set of author's notes in the back of his book The Doomsday Conspiracy.

[edit on 12/7/2004 by infinite8]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
When a mysterious weather balloon crashes to earth in the Swiss Alps, the head of the NSA handpicks Robert Bellamy to track down and identify the ten known witnesses to the event. A man whose obsession with his covert assignments has cost him the only woman he can ever love, Bellamy now faces the impossible. But as he searches for clues from Rome to Budapest to Texas, this mission blows up in his face-and rips the lid off an incredible conspiracy that stretches around the globe and even into space...

Alone and betrayed on every side, Bellamy must run for his life-holding an astonishing secret and the key to the planet's very survival.

It's a great read,but I'm not sure if you could trace the deaths to date...Who's to say that this was'nt just another one of his thrillers..The balloons crashes started after the Japs used them in WW2,so By 1982 any witnesses would have certainly come close to beeing senile..so much for them blowing the whistle on a conspiracy theory....I think they would'nt have been able to blow the whistle in the first place....

But hey you got me going there for a minute..

[edit on 7-12-2004 by Horus_Re]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Thats some interesting information good find. Some very interesting suicides too.

suicide by self-electrocution- happened to two of the men is not a very common way to commit suicide.

suicide by placing a rope around his neck, tying it to a tree and then driving away at high speed-man that has got to be a new one never heard of anyone doing that before.

Does this guy have any information that suggest they were assassinations and not suicides other then the strange methods used?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
What I find interesting is that not one of the deaths seem to be health related. At a 73% suicide rate, I would say it's suspicious indeed!

Edit:

Here's a more detailed dossier found on the website below. Check out the link, it has a great write up of the mysteries surrounding the deaths in a bit more detail.

www.ciagents.com...

DOSSIER OF DEATH

AUTO ACCIDENT--Professor Keith Bowden, 45, computer scientist, Essex University. In March 1982 Bowden's car plunged off a bridge, into am abandoned rail yard. His death was listed as an accident.

MISSING PERSON--Lieutenant Colonel Anthony Godley, 49, defense expert, head of work-study unit at the Royal Military College of Science. Godley disappeared in April 1983. His father bequeathes him more than $60,000, with the proviso that he claim it be 1987. He never showed up and is presumed dead.

SHOTGUN BLAST--Roger Hill, 49, radar designer and draftsman, Marconi. In March 1985 Hill allegedly killed himself with a shotgun at the family home.

DEATH LEAP--Jonathan Walsh, 29, digital-communications expert assigned to British Telecom's secret Martlesham Health research facility (and to GEC, Marconi's parent firm). In November 1985 Walsh allegedly fell from his hotel room while working on a British Telecom project in Abidjan, Ivory Coast (Africa). He had expressed a fear for his life. Verdict: Still in question.

DEATH LEAP--Vimal Dajibhai, 24, computer-software engineer (worked on guidance system for Tigerfish torpedo), Marconi Underwater Systems. In August 1986 Dajibhai's crumpled remains were found 240 feet below the Clifton suspension bridge in Bristol. The death has not been listed as a suicide.

DECAPITATION--Ashaad Sharif, 26, computer analyst, Marconi Defense Systems. In October 1986, in Bristol, Sharif allegedly tied one end of a rope around a tree and the other end around his neck, then drove off in his car at high speed. Verdict: Suicide.

SUFFOCATION--Richard Pugh, computer consultant for the Ministry of Defense. In January 1987 Pugh was found dead, wrapped head-to-toe in rope that was tied four times around his neck. The coroner listed his death as an accident due to a sexual experiment gone awry.

ASPHYXIATION--John Brittan, Ministry of Defense tank batteries expert, Royal Military College of Science. In January 1987 Brittan was found dead in a parked car in his garage. The engine was still running. Verdict: Accidental death.

DRUG OVERDOSE--Victor Moore, 46, design engineer, Marconi Space Systems. In February 1987 Moore was found dead of a drug overdose. His death is listed as a suicide.

ASPHYXIATION--Peter Peapell, 46, scientist, Royal Military College of Science. In February 1987 Peapell was found dead beneath his car, his face near the tail pipe, in the garage of his Oxfordshire home. Death was due to carbon-monoxide poisoning, although test showed that the engine had been running only a short time. Foul play has not been ruled out.

ASPHYXIATION--Edwin Skeels, 43, engineer, Marconi. In February 1987 Skeels was found dead in his car, a victim of carbon-monoxide poisoning. A hose led from the exhaust pipe. His death is listed as a suicide.

AUTO ACCIDENT--David Sands, satellite projects manager, Eassams (a Marconi sister company). Although up for a promotion, in March 1987 Sands drove a car filled with gasoline cans into the brick wall of an abandoned cafe. He was killed instantly. Foul play has not been ruled out.

AUTO ACCIDENT--Stuart Gooding, 23, postgraduate research student, Royal Military College of Science. In April 1987 Gooding died in a mysterious car wreck in Cyprus while the College was holding military exercises on the island. Verdict: Accidental death.

AUTO ACCIDENT--George Kountis, experienced systems analyst at British Polytechnic. In April 1987 Kountis drowned after his BMW plunged into the Mersey River in Liverpool. His death is listed as a misadventure.

SUFFOCATION--Mark Wisner, 24, software engineer at Ministry of Defense experimental station for combat aircraft. In April 1987 Wisner was found dead in his home with a plastic bag over his head. At the inqust, his death was rules an accident due to a sexual experiment gone awry.

AUTO ACCIDENT--Michael Baker, 22, digital-communications expert, Plessey Defense Systems. In May 1987 Baker's BMW crashed through a road barrier, killing the driver. Verdict: Misadventure.

HEART ATTACK--Frank Jennings, 60, electronic-weapons engineer for Plessey. In June 1987 Jennings allegedly dropped dead of a heart attack. No inquest was held.

DEATH LEAP--Russel Smith, 23, lab technician at the Atomic Energy Research Establishment. In January 1988 Smith's mangled body was found halfway down a cliff in Cornwall. Verdict: Suicide.

ASPHYXIATION--Trevor Knight, 52, computer engineer, Marconi Space and Defense Systems. In March 1988 Knight was found dead in his car, asphyxiated by fume from a hose attached to the tail pipe. The death was ruled a suicide.

ELECTROCUTION--John Ferry, 60, assistant marketing director for Marconi. In August 1988 Ferry was found dead in a company-owned apartment, the stripped leads of an electrical cord in his mouth. Foul play has not been ruled out.

ELECTROCUTION--Alistair Beckham, 50, software engineer, Plessey. In August 1988 Beckham's lifeless body was found in the garden shed behind his house. Bare wires, which ran to a live main, were wrapped around his chest. Now suicide note was found, and police habe not ruled out foul play.

ASPHYXIATION--Andrew Hall, 33, engineering manager, British Aero-space. In September 1988 Hall was found dead in his car, asphyxiated by fumes from a hose that was attached to the tail pipe. Friends said he was well liked, had everything to live for. Verdict: Suicide.

[edit on 7-12-2004 by SourGrapes]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Anybody suspicious of Reagan's 'amnesia'?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
wow,sounds like they finished there part of what ever they were building and then the government had them killed so it would stay secret.

Who knows, maybe they built a huge spaceship from all the years of reverse engineering. I currently think that the USAF has space capable vehicles, because Area 51 hasn't been its usual self by revealing an amazing plane, they have been really dead there for 2 decades but the money keeps on flowing in.

Thats just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Sourgrapes, thank you so much for the additional information. The additional link you posted is excellent. It looks like some British media were chasing it long ago.

As far as Reagan's memory degradation due to alzheimer's disease, noone will ever know if that was an unnatural occurence, but I'm sure many people were happy to see him forget many of the things he knew.

[edit on 12/7/2004 by infinite8]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
These were all English scientists that worked on Star Wars related projects...
I wonder if there is a list of American scientists who have died unusually as well?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The excellent article sourgrapes added www.ciagents.com... shows a few more details. One good perspective points out the very lucrative Strategic Defense Initiative (Star Wars) related research projects outsourced to help the British economy. Thatcher could not afford any embarassment or leaks related to this project resulting in the loss of these funds. It is possible that these people had become potential leaks, had been exposed to possible spies, or knew to much information about what was going on.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Wow, Infinite, this is a very interesting thread. I'm still reading up on some info and will post what I find. I hope more will join in on the discussion.

(Do I 'smell' a research project brewing?)

[edit on 7-12-2004 by SourGrapes]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Even if we assume that no foul play was involved in any of these deaths, this is a disturbing list.

Consider the possibility of foul play -- which is by no means unreasonable to do -- and it becomes downright alarming.

It is eerily reminiscent of the high mortality rate for scientists involved or previously involved in biological warfare research. Every now and then another one gets bumped off -- usually murdered with no effort made to conceal the fact that it was a murder.

I will be very interested in seeing what comes of this discussion.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Even if we assume that no foul play was involved in any of these deaths, . Every now and then another one gets bumped off -- usually murdered with no effort made to conceal the fact that it was a murder.

Very true like the weapon designer Dr. Gerry Bull that was building the supergun for Saddam. He was murdered at his Brussels apartment which was clearly a assassination they didnt even try to make it look like a robbery let alone a suicide.

I know there are many drugs that mimic a heart attack why would they not use that on these guys since I doubt they were spring chickens. Nobody would have thought twice about it and yet we go these strange suicides.

Could these men have come across information perhaps so mind blowing they couldnt deal with it and really took their own lives?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
No probally not. They were probally all assinated by Super Powers (maybe CIA, NSA, KGB), because of what they knew. Shows that developing Top Secret weapons and technology isn't that safe, and when the government say they can protect you they don't or aren't able to.
Maybe a group like the Illuminati (trying to control development etc...) killed them because they knew that the wepaons would be used for war...

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
No probally not. They were probally all assinated by Super Powers (maybe CIA, NSA, KGB), because of what they knew. Shows that developing Top Secret weapons and technology isn't that safe, and when the government say they can protect you they don't or aren't able to.
Maybe a group like the Illuminati (trying to control development etc...) killed them because they knew that the wepaons would be used for war...

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
wow thats amazing information

im scared

i dont know anything
i dont remember anything
i have amnesia now too

Please dont kill me mr gov't secret agents

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
UPDATE: The list is now 25 murdered at Marconi.
Ok here is some of the most detailed info I have on each of the people so far. I am also going to do some research on the companies these people have been working with when killed and see what military projects they had since 1980.
----------------------------------------------------
www.geocities.com...
In the 1980�s over two dozen science graduates and experts working for Marconi or Plessey Defence Systems died in mysterious circumstances, most appearing to be �suicides.� The MOD denied these scientists had been involved in classified Star Wars Projects and that the deaths were in any way connected. Judge for yourself...

The list of casualties follow in alphabetical order:

Baker, Michael, twenty-two years old. Digital communications expert working on a defence project at Plessey; part-time member of Signals Corps SAS. Fatal accident on 3rd May 1987, when his car crashed through a barrier near Poole in Dorset. Coroner�s verdict: Misadventure.

Beckham, Alistair, fifty years old. Software engineer with Plessey Defence Systems. Found dead in August 1988 electrocuted in his garden shed with mains wires connected to his body. Coroner�s verdict: Open.

Bowden, Professor Keith, forty-six years old. Computer programmer and scientist at Essex University engaged in work for Marconi, who was hailed as an expert on super computers and computer-controlled aircraft. Fatal car crash in March 1982 when his vehicle went out of control across a dual carriageway and plunged onto a disused railway line. Police maintained he had been drinking but family and friends all denied the allegation. Coroner�s verdict: Accident.

Brittan, Dr. John, fifty-two years old. Scientist formerly engaged in top secret work at the Royal College of Military Science at Shrivenham, Oxfordshire, and later deployed in a research department at the MOD. Death by carbon monoxide poisoning on 12th January 1987 in his own garage, shortly after returning from a trip to the US in connection with his work. Coroner�s verdict: Accident.

Dajibhai, Vimal, twenty-four years old. Computer software engineer with Marconi, responsible for testing computer control systems of Tigerfish and Stingray torpedoes at Marconi Underwater Systems at Croxley Green, Hertfordshire. Death by 74m (240ft.) fall from Clifton Suspension Bridge, Bristol, on 4th August 1986. Police report on the body mentioned a needle-sized puncture wound on the left buttock, but this was later dismissed as being a result of the fall. Dajibhai had been looking forward to starting a new job in the City of London and friends had confirmed that there was no reason for him to commit suicide. At the time of his death he was in the last week of his work with Marconi. Coroner�s verdict: Open.

Ferry, Peter, sixty years old. Retired Army Brigadier and an Assistant Marketing Director with Marconi. He was said to be depressed following several serious car accidents, the last on 2nd August 1988. Found on 22nd or 23rd August 1988 electrocuted in his company flat with electrical leads in his mouth. Coroner�s verdict: Open

Gida, Avtar Singh, twenty-seven years old. Belonged to the MOD Admiralty Research Establishment. Disappeared mysteriously in January 1987 while writing his doctoral thesis on underwater signal processing at Loughborough University. Both mainland police and Interpol launched searches for him in several countries, without success. He eventually reappeared four months later. He had been traced to a red light district of Paris and confirmed that he did not know precisely how he had got there. Allegedly, he has returned to his work and has said he does not want to discuss his disappearance or the death of his colleague, Vimal Dajibhai.

Godley, Lt-Colonel Anthony, forty-nine years old. Head of the Work Study Unit at the Royal College of Military Science. Disappeared mysteriously in April 1983 without explanation. His father had bequeathed in excess of seventy-nine thousand pounds, to be collected by 1887. The money was never claimed. Presumed dead.

Gooding, Stuart, twenty-three years old. Postgraduate research student at the Royal College of Military Science. Fatal car crash on 10th April 1987 while on holiday in Cyprus. The death occurred at the same time as college personnel were carrying out exercises on Cyprus. Coroner�s verdict: Accident.

Greenhalgh, David, forty-six years old. NATO Defence Contracts Manager with ICL, who was working on the same defence project as David Sands (see below.) Mysterious 12m (40ft.) leap from a bridge at Maidenhead, Berkshire, on 10th April 1897 � the same day as Stuart Gooding�s fatal car crash. He survived the fall and confirmed that he had no idea of how he had leapt from the bridge.

Hall, Andrew, thirty-three years old. Engineering Manager with British Aerospace. Carbon monoxide poisoning in a car with a hosepipe connected to the exhaust, in September 1988. Coroner�s verdict: Suicide.

Hill, Roger, forty-nine years old. Radar designer and draughtsman with Marconi . Died in March 1985 by a shotgun blast at home. Coroner�s verdict: Suicide.

Jennings, Frank, sixty years old. Electronic Weapons Engineer with Plessey. Found dead from a heart attack in June 1987. No inquest.

Knight, Trevor, fifty-two years old. Computer engineer with Marconi Space and Defence Systems in Stanmore, Middlesex. Found dead at his home in Harpenden, Hertfordshire, on 25th March 1988 at the wheel of his car with a hosepipe connected to the exhaust. A St.Alban�s coroner said that Knight�s woman friend, Miss Narmada Thanki (who also worked with him at Marconi) had found three suicide notes left by him which made clear his intentions. Miss Thanki had mentioned that Knight disliked his work but she did not detect any depression that would have driven him to suicide. However, she confirmed that he has suffered from migraine over a number of years and had also been involved in several road traffic accidents. Coroner�s verdict: Suicide.

Kountis, George, age unknown. Systems Analyst at Bristol Polytechnic. Drowned in April 1987 � the same day as Shani Warren (see below) � as the result of a car accident, his upturned car being found in the River Mersey, Liverpool. Coroner�s verdict: Misadventure. (Kountis� sister called for a fresh inquest as she thought �things didn�t add up.�)

Moore, Victor, forty-six years old. Design Engineer with Marconi Space and Defence Systems. Died from an overdose in February 1987. Coroner�s verdict: Suicide.

Peapell, Peter, forty-six years old. Scientist at the Royal College of Military Science. He had been working on testing titanium for it�s resistance to explosives and the use of computer analysis of signals from metals. Found dead on 22nd February 1987, allegedly from carbon monoxide poisoning, in his Oxfordshire garage. The circumstances of his death raised some elements of doubt. His wife had found him on his back with his head parallel to the rear car bumper and his mouth in line with the exhaust pipe, with the car engine running. Police were apparently baffled as to how he could have manoeuvred into the position in which he was found. It was confirmed that Peapell had shown no signs of stress which could have caused him to commit suicide. His death followed the somewhat similar death of John Brittan. At the time of his death, Peapell no longer worked at the Royal College of Military Science and had moved to a research department of the MOD. Interestingly, both Peapell and Brittan had worked at the Royal College of Military Science and furthermore, both had been on a recent trip to the US in connection with their work. Coroner�s verdict: Open.

Pugh, Richard, thirty-seven years old. MOD computer consultant and digital communications expert. Found dead in his flat in January 1987 with his feet bound and a plastic bag over his head. Rope was tied around his body, coiling four times around his neck. Coroner�s verdict: Accident.

Sands, David, thirty-seven years old. Senior scientist working for Easams of Camberley, Surrey, a sister company to Marconi. Dr. John Brittan had also worked at Camberley. Fatal car crash on 30th March 1987, when he allegedly made a sudden U-turn on a dual carriageway while on his way to work, crashing at high speed into a disused cafeteria. He was found still wearing his seat belt and it was discovered that the car had been carrying additional petrol cans. None of the �normal� reasons for a possible suicide could be found. Coroner�s verdict; Open.

Sharif, Arshad, twenty-six years old. Reported to have been working on systems for the detection of submarines by satellite. Died in October 1986 as a result of placing a ligature around his neck, tying the other end to a tree and then driving off in his car with the accelerator pedal jammed down. His unusual death was complicated by several issues: Sharif lived near Vimal Dajibhai in Stanmore, Middlesex, he committed suicide in Bristol and, inexplicably, had spent the last night of his life in a rooming house. He had paid for his accommodation in cash and was seen to have a bundle of high-denomination banknotes in his possession. While the police were told of the banknotes, no mention was made of them at the inquest and they were never found. In addition, most of the other guests at rooming house worked at British Aerospace � prior to working for Marconi, Sharif had also worked at British Aerospace on guided weapons technology. Coroner�s verdict: Suicide.

Skeels, David, forty-three years old. Engineer with Marconi. Found dead in his car February 1987 with a hosepipe connected to the exhaust. Coroner�s verdict: Open.

Smith Russell, twenty-three years old. Laboratory technician with the Atomic Energy Research Establishment at Harwell, Essex. Died in January 1988 as a result of a cliff fall at Boscastle in Cornwall. Coroner�s verdict: Suicide.

Warren, Shani, twenty-six years old. Personal assistant in a company called Micro Scope, which was taken over by GEC Marconi less than four weeks after her death. Found drowned in 45cm. (18in) of water, not far from the site of David Greenhalgh�s death fall. Warren died exactly one week after the death of Stuart Gooding and serious injury to Greenhalgh on 10th April 1987. She was found gagged with a noose around her neck. Her feet were also bound and her hands tied behind her back. Coroner�s verdict: Open. (It was said that Warren had gagged herself, tied her feet with rope, then tied her hands behind her back and hobbled to the lake on stiletto heels to drown herself.)

Wash, Jonathan, twenty-nine years old. Digital communications expert who had worked at GEC and at British Telecom�s secret research centre at Martlesham Heath, Suffolk. Died on 19th November 1985 as a result of falling from a hotel room in Abidjan, West Africa, while working for British Telecom. He had expressed fears that his life was in danger. Coroner�s verdict: Open.

Wisner, Mark, twenty-four years old. Software engineer at the MOD. Found dead on 24th April 1987 in a house shared with two colleagues. He was found with a plastic sack around his head and several feet of cling film around his face. The method of death was almost identical to that of Richard Pugh some three months earlier. Coroner�s verdict: Accident.

Above list compiled by Raymond A. Robinson in 'The Alien Intent' (A Dire Warning)

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Interesting, what does "OPEN" mean as Coroners Verdict? Not decided?

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
There is something to this story, but not enough to be able to nail anything down, such as who is doing it, or why. At least, not yet.

I think we're past the point where "Oh, it's just coincidence" can be accepted by a rational mind. The odds are astronomical, even if you assume that every single employee in these companies is a raving psychopath.

The lack of subtlety in this operation is perhaps the most disturbing aspect of all: the people doing this don't seem to be too concerned about being interfered with, or even concerned about people connecting the dots. It's almost like they want people to know the game is afoot.

I'm not hiding under my bed just yet, but... damn.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Its interesting that back in 1985 this originally drew enough press from the media that the Pentagon launched an Enquiry in The Sunday Time article from October 9, 1985. Here is an interesting link quoting some of the article as well as additional Enquiries and comments from the Pentagon and British Ministry Of Defense. These provide some good information.

www.unifiedfield.co.uk...

Here is a copy of an article written on the deaths by Hustler magazine issue June 1989. Larry Flynt loved getting in on a good political story. You will find this magazine article especially detailed in noting some discrepancies in police reports versus what was reported. Take a look, this is a good article.

www.paranetinfo.com...

As far as Jonathan Wash and the coroner report listed as "open", I think it just implies that they can't decide if it was suicide or a murder especially since he had expressed that his life was in danger.

[edit on 12/10/2004 by infinite8]

[edit on 12/10/2004 by infinite8]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join