It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians: Could the idea of extraterrestrials be the Great Deception?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
If you agree, explain why. If you do not, explain why not.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Picture ET's arriving in the sky helping us, but spreading lies that would take from faith in God. Just an idea.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: mikefougnie

Something tells me that, no matter what extraterrestrials came to us to share, if it didn't conform to one of the great religious books it would be considered deception by most of the followers.

If they said they had religion and their God was the one true God, then what?

I like to think that if they are so advanced, they have a much better understanding of the spiritual side of things as well as many other mysteries.
Maybe they know how creation truly began.
Maybe there is no God and there is nothing but darkness and the complete end of thought when we die.

As disheartening as these things may be, if they were presented to us as fact based on their advanced knowledge, how many people, religious people in particular would accept that and how many would count it as deception?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I agree completely with ShadowLink, Aliens arriving would do untold damage to religion, it would possibly debunk the entire thing.

I would think that should Aliens someday visit us and put us straight about a few things that a lot of people would just dismiss them as ''demons'' sent to defile their particular beliefs. I personally hope that this happens someday, I see nothing but war and misery attached to religion and I believe we will be better as a whole without it.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
First of all, why would the existence of aliens mean the non-existence of God, right? Aliens can easily exist while there is a God. Since He created the human race He can also be the Creator of other species. There are also animals on our planet, see?

The idea of aliens can easily be a deception.

I have a question, would you rather believe in aliens or God?
God being the Merciful and aliens trying to take over humanity doing us harm. I'd rather choose to believe in a god, it wouldn't give me disturbing ideas (imo).

Why would you want to believe aliens are more advanced and allknowing while God is all these things?

Yes, since you've asked, the alien-thing just might be the great deception, even when they exist!

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

No matter who created us, they cannot be from Earth. This makes the first alien to the planet us. The creator of the solar system is the one that is original to environment as the first to arrive, create and then leave. We are the seed that is planted in the garden.

The better question is this: Is the deception of religion a deception of aliens? Which religion? The Bible makes a few things clear:

1) Sons of the Creator visited Earth and we not supposed to mix seed with the female below. Although we see the daughters of men as female of the species, this is not the case. Daughters of men refers to the creature the soul inhabits. The Angel above, the one we are connected to (entangled with), is the male. We are not whole again until the two are joined as one consciousness. Right now, the Angel is entangled with the body (female) it inhabits below. It's a host relationship, just as the Lord of Hosts is YHVH of the OT. He is the director of the host Angels in bodies below.

2) Jesus is not from this world: John 18 - Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place." His kingdom is of the next Earth we will inhabit. The book of life is the record of our DNA here. The next incarnation after salvation will be in another garden. This one will be destroyed because of our rejection of truth. Those who have placed themselves in the truth presented by the creator will be moved. Salvation is this process of the Ark (Earth) in the water (baptism). We are involved so we can evolve. Involution and evolution is baptism into a host body of water. Noah is symbolism for this: Reality Spoiler One

Again, remember that the creator of the universe (WORD / LOGOS) is the Son of God, the one that came as a kinsman to man to fulfill the laws of the Jubilee, or release of captives. Who is held captive in the host body? All of us. We are each able to proclaim the same words, "We are not of this world." Mankind is the body that is rooted in this world and host to the one that inhabits the biomechanical organism as a link to the host. Salvation from the host is the uniting of male and female again. Adam was first created in Genesis 1 by Elohim BOTH male and female. In Genesis 2, the LORD (YHVH), the Lord of Hosts, split eve from Adam. The fall occurred and man was cast from the Garden of the Genesis 1 creation to the material world below. As punishment, we toil the land. All of this is explained here: Kore Kosmou - Virgin (Female) of the World

3) The plan is a new Heaven and Earth. Read the link above and you see that we are in the second order of creation now. The first order was changed to allow the souls to inhabit human form. The last order of the universe is when the souls are once again released after serving a dispensation of time in the material form.

Who are the alines of the planet? Who creates the deception? Who is the original creator of this property and who owns it? Who is here as a guest? The truth comes from the one that created the property in the first place. We are the aliens and we can only deceive ourselves.

Here is where disclosure happened in the BIBLE 2000 years ago: DISCLOSURE IN EPHESIANS AND THE MYSTERY HELD BY THE CREATOR

The deception is calling the creator God evil. This is the deception of the Gnostics. It is the Mystery Religion of Babylon. The true Mystery is found in the Bible as the document outlining the true creator and his purpose to save the fallen souls before baptism engaged. The flood destroys the ones that do not use the water for salvation. Water puts out fire.

Matthew 3 outlines both baptisms.

edit on 13-9-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I think its possible because of their documented behavior. Even the "nice ones" lied. The others have abducted us without our consent, probed us, taken our dna samples, done other experiments, harmed us and probably killed some of us, they do their work in the shadows, never coming out and telling us who they are, what they are doing... I mean, even if they are nice ans have good intentions, they are still being deceptive about it. So that isnt even a question. They ARE a "great deception" already.

I guess I would have to withhold any ultimate judgement until I could actually meet one and decide for myself, but maybe I would be fooled, maybe some are good and some are bad, or maybe some are bad and others are worse... But if I had to take a guess based on the information Ive accumulated, Id have to say I do not trust them.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I am not christian, but would like to answer if I may.

According to some alien abducts, during their kidnappings they have called out Jesus' name and everything stopped. Is this definitive proof, no. But, it is something to consider.

Why would aliens show themselves but not make any contact? If I can make a parallel, if I am in my house and someone at night is outside my house in the bushes moving them and I call them out and the presence doesn't answer, that is not trustworthy behavior. However, if someone is outside my house and when I call them out they come forward and say you are right I am here or better yet just out right comes out the bushes right from the start, that sounds like a better strategy to gain someones trust.

If you take the angle that aliens are being elusive to protect us then they are doing a sloppy job and are creating more angst for some or fascination for others than anything else.

Also, according to the book of Enoch, the fallen angels came here giving us forbidden knowledge and mated with our woman. These fallen angels came from the heavens and transgressed Gods word. They were smarter than us and taught us how to make weapons for war, how to use charms and curses, sexual lust, herb manipulation, math, astronomy, architecture, etc. They soiled our innocent and pure paradigm which probably gave us better lives. This is one of the oldest stories that I know of that involves beings from space and their intentions were not to be our friends, but more to remove our relation with God.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

It would be relatively easy to fake an alien invasion and to establish a system of oracles on this planet who claim to speak for the aliens while maintaining the appearance of being a human being. It could be utilized as an opportunity to create a new universal religion so that the superstitious chatterings of the past are finally laid to rest. The greatest thing is that the new religion could be made after our image, a true testament to the greatness of humankind instead of being self-immolating garbage.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
I think its possible because of their documented behavior. Even the "nice ones" lied. The others have abducted us without our consent, probed us, taken our dna samples, done other experiments, harmed us and probably killed some of us, they do their work in the shadows, never coming out and telling us who they are, what they are doing... I mean, even if they are nice ans have good intentions, they are still being deceptive about it. So that isnt even a question. They ARE a "great deception" already.

I guess I would have to withhold any ultimate judgement until I could actually meet one and decide for myself, but maybe I would be fooled, maybe some are good and some are bad, or maybe some are bad and others are worse... But if I had to take a guess based on the information Ive accumulated, Id have to say I do not trust them.

I've heard that the Men in Black were the ones to watch out for. They have the ability to show up to a person who just had an alien encounter, before that person has the chance to tell others.

If the Men in Black are government agents then how did they know where to show up at? I've seen strange things, but no man in black has shown up yet at my door. Every time I have seen something, the first thing I do is look for the Men in Black. I've heard about those guys.

But isn't it amazing that they can show up to a person who just experienced it....almost immediately? If the next time I do see something strange and a Man in Black shows up, then I would know that it was stranger than what I thought.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

If the Bible says "as the days of Noah were" and Noah lived in a time span of which these things were happening, then could it not possibly be happening again?

Could it not be possible that these beings could breed with humans again? I am just asking, because the Bible says "they were eating and drinking and giving in marriage and taken in marriage, until Noah entered the ark". But if it was happening then and the days are going to be the same as it was then, so it is frightening.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

No matter who created us, they cannot be from Earth. This makes the first alien to the planet us.

Why? What makes you think that Jelly fish, blue green algae, Amanita mushrooms or dinosaurs weren't created by or brought here by extra-terrestrials?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

ATS Post, 1511 AD:

Christians: Could the idea of humans inhabiting other continents be the Great Deception?

ATS Post, 2014 AD:

Christians: Could the idea of lifeforms inhabiting other planets be the Great Deception?

This is why rational people hate religion.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

If you look back in history ufo's werent always believed to be from other planets and there is actually no evidence suggesting otherwise. That was early 1900's media that started all of that. If they were really demons wouldn't people(your owners) who don't want the bible to be believed as truth call them...aliens? Yep.
edit on 13-9-2014 by itsallgonenow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

I believe that the fallen are here with us now, locked in darkness as our leaders (Giants). They were locked up (past tense) in darkness (inconscience / Amnesia). The righteous and wicked are here now, in one place.

Read this: Document to the Instructor
edit on 13-9-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

No matter who created us, they cannot be from Earth. This makes the first alien to the planet us.

Why? What makes you think that Jelly fish, blue green algae, Amanita mushrooms or dinosaurs weren't created by or brought here by extra-terrestrials?

You mean, besides every thread I have ever written here? Other than the threads, evolution cannot happen apart from involution. Involution is by intent and cannot be any other case in an environment that is digitally coded. Intent does not come from unintention. Design comes from intent. Accidents produce chaos. Unity only comes from multiplicity if there is something attracting the final archetype. Patterns of design come from the consciousness that collapses the wave function of indeterminate probabilities. This comes from a higher dimension and cannot be produced by the lower dimensions.

THE REASON IN THIS THREAD

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlephBet

originally posted by: windword

You mean, besides every thread I have ever written here? Other than the threads, evolution cannot happen apart from involution. Involution is by intent and cannot be any other case in an environment that is digitally coded. Intent does not come from unintention. Design comes from intent. Accidents produce chaos. Unity only comes from multiplicity if there is something attracting the final archetype. Patterns of design come from the consciousness that collapses the wave function of indeterminate probabilities. This comes from a higher dimension and cannot be produced by the lower dimensions.

THE REASON IN THIS THREAD

Ed/Enoch/AB

This isn't your thread, and don't be so arrogant as to suppose that I have read any or all of your gobbellie gook threads, or that I should go read to your threads to understand the profound profundity of this ridiculous statement you made here:

By "us" I'm assuming you mean "humans" are the first aliens to planet earth.

In reality, the first alien life to arrive on Earth was most probably bacteria.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trapeze
First of all, why would the existence of aliens mean the non-existence of God, right? Aliens can easily exist while there is a God. Since He created the human race He can also be the Creator of other species. There are also animals on our planet, see?

The idea of aliens can easily be a deception.

I have a question, would you rather believe in aliens or God?
God being the Merciful and aliens trying to take over humanity doing us harm. I'd rather choose to believe in a god, it wouldn't give me disturbing ideas (imo).

Why would you want to believe aliens are more advanced and allknowing while God is all these things?

Yes, since you've asked, the alien-thing just might be the great deception, even when they exist!

I will choose aliens any day of the week, whether they have visited us before or not is up for debate but the sheer size of the universe means logically that something else must be out there. As for god I am yet to see a single shred of evidence or any logical reason why a being like that would exist, science is slowly but surely working its way through answering all the big questions and this god doesn't fit into the equation.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
There will be no arrivial here without knowing how to enter through the gates. Ones that have tried have failed. We live in a closed system with an impenetratable wall around us that can not be seen. The tech. used to create this place is highly valuable to the rest of the cosmos but is kept secret because of the nature of the dog eat dog cosmos.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: longy9999

GOD is a child that has gained his knowledge by living countless lives through a system that allows him to live a full life as we know it here on earth in just a matter of hours.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join