It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians: Could the idea of extraterrestrials be the Great Deception?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IngyBall

I attended church for several years as a child and I was led to believe that heaven was in our universe somewhere. God lives in heaven yes? So if god created the big bang and then the universe (where heaven is situated), where the hell was god before that? If I am mistaken I apologise however I'd then be curious as to where heaven is? Did god therefore not create everything? Parden my ignorance but it makes absolutely no sense.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: demondonna

I attended church for several years as a child and I was led to believe that heaven was in our universe somewhere. God lives in heaven yes? So if god created the big bang and then the universe (where heaven is situated), where the hell was god before that? If I am mistaken I apologise however I'd then be curious as to where heaven is? Did god therefore not create everything? Parden my ignorance but it makes absolutely no sense.

Another valid point, which shows yet another big crack in the theory.

This of course also leads to the well known question of if god is real, then who created him? And who created that creator and so on......

Did he just pop into existence (or the lack of) one day with all his senses intact and think ''hey, maybe I'll just create a reality with a massive universe in it and somewhere in it I'll make a bunch of mini me's out of clay and then bugger off on holiday for the next 4.5 billion years''

Seems unlikely to me
edit on Sunday201497149999 by longy9999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18416161]longy9999

Its a nice story... but there are just too many logical questions that go unanswered.

I was reading that someone thought there was going to be second coming and that all who were not faithful in god would be destroyed.. And here is me thinking god was 'just' . What a mockery this would make of his commandments.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Well that's the problem, when it comes to God, you can't just think literal and logical, God has always been and always will be. Like when the bible said God created everything in 7 days, He may have created it in & Earth days, or maybe a day for God is different then an Earth day just like a day on Mercury or or Venus is different. Only God and maybe the the people in Heaven know the answer to this.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes

Really? I had not heard about abductions being stopped like this. I'll have to do some googling here.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: IngyBall
God has always been and always will be.

That's the problem, simple logic and the very laws of the universe itself (which presumably your god created) state that everything must have a beginning, there must have a been a time where not only did the universe and reality not exist but your god as well.

So where did he come from? Simply saying ''he has always been'' is not any kind of answer and only seems to me to be dodging around the question.

If there is a creator then he too must have been created, a being with seemingly unlimited amounts of power, power enough to create a universe so vast that we still don't know if it even ends, simply cannot pop into existence one day.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: bitsforbytes
According to some alien abducts, during their kidnappings they have called out Jesus' name and everything stopped.

I seriously don't buy those supposed 'I said "jesus' and the alien went away' abduction accounts. They sound rather contrived.

I'm a Christian and I fully believe that God is capable of making more than just human beings in the vast multi-verse. To think that we are the only creatures He created with a soul is absurdly arrogant. God can do whatever He wants. And the math (drake equation) states the fact that there are most likely many, many planets with intelligent life on them.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

edit on 15-9-2014 by demondonna because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
A reply to: demondonna

God is not a "thing" , GOd iS the creator of things.

Things need a cause And effect not eternal perfect unchanging Spirit.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

This doesn't make sense.

I'm sure we can agree that all things need a cause. If all things need a cause, then God must also need a cause. If God needed a cause, then God is not God and if in fact god is not god, then in actual fact there is no god? So....if God is a “something,” please would you be kind enough to explain the cause to me?

As for not thinking literally and logically, do christians not take everything written in the bible literally? Allow me an example..

"If a man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also he cannot be my disciple" (Jesus states) in Luke 14:26

I thought we should honour thy neighbour, have love in our hearts for all? This segment seem straightforward to me and I for one, do not see how it could be taken any other way than literally? Do you hate your children?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

In that case, where did the spirit come from? My point is this entity must have appeared from someone. I think its a very naive opinion you have. Why does he not just show himself?

I do not mean to sound as though I am being harsh. I just don't get it? I am not entirely against religion. I am clearly not a believer, however I know of people who have found comfort in faith. Having said that I still think it brings more harm than good into the world.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Well that is what some have claimed true or not. If ever I get abducted it wont cost anything to pray to Jesus out loud.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Trapeze

Aliens can easily exist while there is a God.

Sure. Exactly why did jehovah allow the nephilim (or Aliens/angels) to fall and interbreed with humans... Was god asleep like in the Garden of Eden...hmmm...I dont consider jehovah a god.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

It could be utilized as an opportunity to create a new universal religion

Or as in Genesis, the Alien jehovah seeded this planet with cattle (protohuman Adama) After the eating of the tree of knowledge the alien got upset and threw them out of the garden. Then they became truly human. Jehovah then became silent for the next few hundred years of Adams life. Must have gone to check his other sheep on the other seeded planets.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Its quite possible God used the Big Bang, or he was the Big Bang that created the Universe.

It could be the big bang and also the black holes throughout the universe as a balacing act.

What freaks me out is that the lower god (jehovah/allah) of the abrahamic faiths allows our blood to be spilled. I'm remided of that scene in the matrix movie when he wakes up suspended in space with millions of cylinders with dreaming humans around him. Who is feeding off us? I suspect the gods of this fallen world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join