It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus say anything about gay folk?.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Apparently back then people used to get stoned to death. Must have been some good sht!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Jesus dint say allot of things that modern Christians follow and believe in without any sort of valid liturgical backing.

No trinity.

No saying he was the demi god son of God.

No saying his mother was a virgin.

No anti gay stuff.

EDIT TO ADD:
I get tired of saying this but, "Turn the other cheek" doesnt mean be a masochist. It was illegal to hit someone with the back of ones hand (drawing blood). Also it was a sign of being equal if the person struck you with a closed fist so you would probably be smacked with an open hand...knuckles back, to avoid drawing blood. After being struck, turning the other cheek invokes the back hand of the aggressor. He was telling us to be smart about our retribution.

edit on 9 5 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Not sure what it says myself. But if there was no cherry picking what would account for one of the words religions tuning into so many. They adapt it to their liking. Or create a new one. Hebrew>Christianity>Islam> Catholic>Mormon>Lutheran> and i am sure there are more that came from the one. And that one Hebrew came from a mix of others. So cherry pick they will.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

That was writings by Paul. A Gnostic. And according to some sects of Christianity, he was the Anti Christ. Also, you are trusting a set of people, whom really had no qualifications to choose which books are acceptable. All of Asia turned against Paul at the end, per his own words.

Lets focus on what Jesus purportedly said. Two rules. Love God, and treat thy neighbor as thyself. If you feel you have the right to have power over someone's bedroom habits, you give everyone else the same right to have power over yours.

PS, I think enough scriptural support is in the Old testament to point out Jonathan and King David were gay lovers. A man, after God's own heart no less.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

Now find a male equivalent and remember there were a number of Eunuchs back in biblical times and far fewer people on the planet than there is now, so please do find me some evidence to support your claim that males have been born castrated.

It does happen

'I was punched in the face on a date for not having a penis': Man born without manhood reveals effect it has had on his love life.

Apparently this occurs 1 in every 5-6 Million Men. Some estimates up to 20 Million Men. Now I will say this, these men may have there reproductive organs inside in some cases but what use are they when they do not have the ability to use them or reproduce? What would be the point of Marrying if they cannot become One with their wife? Could that play into the not marrying part in your Biblical quote?

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
DP
edit on 5-9-2014 by BasementWarriorKryptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Why would jesus make a point of singling out them? I mean, come on - 1 in every 6 million? How many Hebrews even were there?!!

edit on 5-9-2014 by BasementWarriorKryptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

originally posted by: flammadraco

Now find a male equivalent and remember there were a number of Eunuchs back in biblical times and far fewer people on the planet than there is now, so please do find me some evidence to support your claim that males have been born castrated.

It does happen

'I was punched in the face on a date for not having a penis': Man born without manhood reveals effect it has had on his love life.

Apparently this occurs 1 in every 5-6 Million Men. Some estimates up to 20 Million Men. Now I will say this, these men may have there reproductive organs inside in some cases but what use are they when they do not have the ability to use them or reproduce? What would be the point of Marrying if they cannot become One with their wife? Could that play into the not marrying part in your Biblical quote?

2000 years ago there were 231 million people on the planet, with your figure of 1 in every 5-6 million men being born without a penis that would equate to the following;

231 million divided by 2 (50% women, 50% men) = 115,500,000 men on the planet
115,500,000 divided by 6,000,000 = 19.25 men

I doubt all 19 of these men were in the middle east, but lets assume for arguments sake they were. Do you really think Jesus was speaking about these 19 individuals in his scriptures? pull the other one as it has bells on!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

There are more than two rules or laws though Jesus does not touch upon them directly. What you have put forward simply says "Hey, don't break these two and everything that was banned before me is now Legal under my law".

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

But like I said before, if Homosexuality was acceptable, I would expect to see at least one reference in the Bible clearly confirming that and it doesn't..

Does the bible list EVERYTHING that is acceptable behavior?

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

2000 years ago there were 231 million people on the planet

Where is the evidence for this claim?
Respectfully!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

The "needed Purge" as You so eloquently typed, is the "movement into Yin" (the Maya, 'the beginning of the new era' Yin replacing Yang, Mother Earth moving into 4th Chakra...

Mother Earth is an 'etch-a-sketch' and has been "rebooted" before and will do so again, (another 72,000 years..)

"In the beginning was Adam(u) and Lilith, created from the same dirt...(read: equal) " When Adam tells Lilith to do the dishes and vacuum She tells Adam "screw You, we are equals... This of course brings Us "Eve" and how was 'Eve' created? From Adam's Rib, therefore it sticks those who "squat to pee" behind the 8-ball, "subservient" before the game even begins... If "The Quorum" (authors of said "Rule Book™") certainly wouldn't with-hold any pertinent info would they?

Why not research Moishe (Moses in the "latest"- certainly the rule book that has more things that You can use to Your advantage, why should You be any different than the Ones who penned it originally?

But "pastor Gary" says that is ALL "the devil's work" Maybe You should do the research your own self?

Would You deem "The Sons of God" (anunnaki) sinned when they "lay with the female"? Or that didn't happen either?
Isn't the 'EloHim' noted in there? or did "they" delete TheTruth AGAIN?

Signed,

Still in Love

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

2000 years ago there were 231 million people on the planet

Where is the evidence for this claim?
Respectfully!

The population two thousand years ago is estimated to have been 231 million. At this time North and South America were sparsely populated, as was Asia Pacific. The estimated population of New Zealand was zero. Southern Asia, Northern Africa, China and Southern Europe (parts of the same land mass) had relatively high populations. Colder Northern latitudes tended to have lower populations.

World Mapper

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I don't know, but I believe he wasn't speaking about Homosexuals either.. Homosexuality and not being born with genital or reproductive organs are two completely different things.. How the hell can they be used to explain each other?

"For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother’s womb;

Both born Homosexual and without Sexual organs are possible

and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men;

Now if this is speaking about Homosexuality, how can a man make another man a Homosexual if that's the way they were born in the first place? Remember, this is a massive argument today also when it comes to Homosexuals. For this to be speaking about Homosexuals, Men must be converting people to homosexuality.

and there are also eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. He who is able to accept this, let him accept it." (Matthew 19:12).

And now Men are making themselves Homosexuals for the sake of God's Kingdom, The God who also says that Homosexuals do not have a place in the Kingdom of God.. It doesn't make sense...

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Great to see someone discussing Lilith before Eve as not many Christian's know about Lilith in the story of Adam and Eve.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

But like I said before, if Homosexuality was acceptable, I would expect to see at least one reference in the Bible clearly confirming that and it doesn't..

Does the bible list EVERYTHING that is acceptable behavior?

The Bible lists good and bad actions for the followers of that religion.. If you are not a follower then I guess you don't have to worry about it. The Bible is not forcing you to comply but it would be wise if people gave it some serious thought.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Actually your paperwork is out of order.

All of those laws you try to make superior, are still subservient to his law.

If you have an issue with that, bring it up with Jesus. His statement above was all inclusive, and included all law, and all the prophets. You fight his words, not me.

Again, do you want me to have the right to judge your bedroom habits? That is how you're treating your neighbor.
edit on 5-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis
a reply to: boymonkey74

You are pretty well spot on...

Jesus did speak on "sex outside of marriage" and some scholars believe his comments about eunuchs are in reference to homosexuality..

While sex outside of marriage is a sin, the thing to remember is all sins can be forgiven expect one... To turn away from salvation/God..

hmph. sounds like a loan shark. all debts are forgiven in exchange for eternal servitude. aka no debits forgiven at all, you just owe the devil your soul now. isnt conditional amnesty a wonderful thing?

let the gay people have their fun. heterosexuality is getting awfully pretntious and a little competition is good for deflating the ego. black people, women, now gays. this is nothing new.
edit on 5-9-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I don't believe in any of it DarknStormy, I believe in Deism and not organised religion. All I have done here is point out to you that there are various passages in your holy book that supports the claim that Jesus NEVER condemned homosexuality.

I just don't like seeing some Christian members who are supposed to be religious and following their holy scriptures to the tee and yet ignore huge swathes of the bible to suit their own ends, for the examples I have given such as not judging your fellow man unless you want to be judged.

The original question in the OP was did Jesus condemn Homosexuality and the honest answer to that is NO, he never did. You however started bringing up marriage which was not what the OP was asking about.

I will never see what the fascination shown by some Christians regarding homosexuality, is quite absurd really when as you quite rightly said at the start of this thread, there are bigger and more pressing matters we should all be concerned about.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Matthew 5:17

You take it up with him...

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join