It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Juvenile court: Michael Brown had no serious felony convictions, did not face felony charges

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

CLAYTON • Michael Brown was never found delinquent of the juvenile equivalents of any Class A or B felony charges, and was not facing any at the time he died, a court official said this morning at a hearing on whether his juvenile records should be released.

The Post-Dispatch had filed a petition in St. Louis County Circuit Court to unseal any records about him in family court, if any existed.

Cynthia Harcourt, a lawyer for St. Louis County Juvenile Officer Kip Seeley, argued against releasing those records, but acknowledged that there were no convictions or active cases for the most serious types of felonies.

Stltoday

Despite the propaganda, the facts of this are he was not under investigation, nor has he ever been convicted of any major crime.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
So he still had a juvenile record then of lesser offences?

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Doesn't change the fact he strong armed a clerk and robbed a store on video.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
How sweet of them.....so no class a or b felonies yet they still won't release his records.....wonder what they are hiding in there....well they are admitting he had a record and implying there is more than one incident in it I guess.....

Poor Saint Michael.....

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent

Cynthia Harcourt, a lawyer for St. Louis County Juvenile Officer Kip Seeley, argued against releasing those records, but acknowledged that there were no convictions or active cases for the most serious types of felonies.

He wasn't currently or in the past under investigation nor had convictions for what has been alleged by threads here on ATS.

The article in op also states:

It is not known whether Brown had ever been accused of lesser offenses; any record of those would be part of a confidential family court file.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent

Does it matter?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

Has that been proven? Isn't there still debate on this? Or does it depend on what news service you listen too?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
How sweet of them.....so no class a or b felonies yet they still won't release his records.....wonder what they are hiding in there....well they are admitting he had a record and implying there is more than one incident in it I guess.....

Poor Saint Michael.....

So you're critical of what you see as an effort to make Mike Brown look saintly but you're utterly incapable of even acknowledging that there has been an effort to vilify him (or demonize him if we're keeping with your religious hyperbole)?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

Has that been proven? Isn't there still debate on this? Or does it depend on what news service you listen too?

We can work that both ways. Depending on what news station you're listening to Mike Brown was a stand up citizen.

When in reality he was in a gang and has pictures of him throwing up gang signs. He is not a child, he was a man.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I am not taking sides as far as the shooting however I think most have seen the video for themselves so I wouldn't say it matters what news service you listen too. If there is a debate on if he strong armed that clerk it would be on peoples perception of what strong arm is.

Instead of that being determined by news services I would think it would be more about which dictionary you use.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

Orbital Blowout Fracture!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Nope....actually it started out by trying to make him out as a saint and a good kid about to go to college with the standard pics of him as a young boy. But we should all just look over the fact that he strong arm robbed a store minutes before and that he actually has a record of some sort that they won't release which would most likely go against the stories of him being a good kid.....if he was a good kid then there shouldn't be a record to try to have released.....

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Plus you forgot, it doesn't matter because charges WILL NOT be brought against the officer, much to the chagrin of many.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Orbital Blowout Fracture!

Left ACL Sprain!

Have fun with your thread, I can see where this is going already. I'm not giving this anymore attention than it's already got. Peace!
edit on 9/3/2014 by OptimusCrime because: Add Content

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

We can work that both ways. Depending on what news station you're listening to Mike Brown was a stand up citizen.

When in reality he was in a gang and has pictures of him throwing up gang signs. He is not a child, he was a man.

How does it feel to be manipulated by Jim Hoft? I can show you roughly 100,000 pictures of dumbass kids throwing "gang signs" because they think it's cool. I'm pretty sure there are a couple of suburban white kids in my Facebook feed right now emulating crap they see rappers doing. Clearly they're all gang members because.. you know.. hands. I guess all those girls doing duck lips on Facebook are part of a migrating flock too.

Never mind that the same idiot also posted a picture that was alleged to be Mike Brown with a gun and a wad of cash! Except, he had to remove to that one after it was proven to be a hoax (picture was somebody else).

You are right about one thing, it does work both ways and somewhere, usually in the middle, is the truth. Of course, you're not interested in the truth because in your mind, he was definitely a gang member.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

EVERYONE throws up gang signs these days, have a little search, it's a fad...a stupid one, but a fad nonetheless for the last several years.

Do we know he was in a gang or are you guessing that because the "threw" signs?

edit on 9/3/2014 by AllSourceIntel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

There's no evidence that he was in a gang. If there are pictures of throwing up gang signs that doesn't mean he was in a gang.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Did this news step on some preconceived notions?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It shouldn't be overlooked, what he did in that store was wrong... I personally don't think it was 'thuggish' though and it seems to be about the worst thing he ever did.

What is wrong though is using that event to justify his death. You heard the audio, you know it's been authenticated. You've read the eyewitness accounts. Why do you need him to be a bad kid and if in fact he was a bad kid how does it justify what the cop did?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Never found delinquent means he was not found 'guilty'. It does not mean he was not charged. In some cases, a child can be charged, do a PTI and have it sealed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join