It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Juvenile court: Michael Brown had no serious felony convictions, did not face felony charges

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: theantediluvian

Nope....actually it started out by trying to make him out as a saint and a good kid about to go to college with the standard pics of him as a young boy. But we should all just look over the fact that he strong arm robbed a store minutes before and that he actually has a record of some sort that they won't release which would most likely go against the stories of him being a good kid.....if he was a good kid then there shouldn't be a record to try to have released.....

Yes, damn his grieving parents for having the audacity to speak well of their deceased child. The standard pics? I assume you're referring to Trayvon Martin?

Here's how things really go 99% of the time.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

A child who was bullied and shoots up a school and a child who was a bully and gets shot are two different narratives. In these cases the parents are usually very quiet and are grieving. They just lost a child. Dahmers father did not want to believe what his son did and it was only after the trial he was able to admit and come to terms with what his son was.

No one wants to see their child killed. No one wants to know their child smokes dope, write songs about it and hangs with the wrong crowd. No parent wants bad for their kids. As parents though, we cannot be there 24/7. It is impossible. Micheal Browns surroundings and friends he made got him to where he was in that street. That is the cycle that needs to be stopped or more young men and women, white and black, will be dead leaving behind futures and grieving parents.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Never found delinquent means he was not found 'guilty'. It does not mean he was not charged. In some cases, a child can be charged, do a PTI and have it sealed.

They don't do PTI for murder 2/manslaughter. That was the allegation that was being made by right-wing bloggers and repeated ad nauseam on ATS correct? Also, PTI and similar programs are almost always a one time thing.

Let's stop talking about what-ifs and deal with what is known. No convictions for the juvenile equivalents of class A or B felonies. Period.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Never found delinquent means he was not found 'guilty'. It does not mean he was not charged. In some cases, a child can be charged, do a PTI and have it sealed.

They don't do PTI for murder 2/manslaughter. That was the allegation that was being made by right-wing bloggers and repeated ad nauseam on ATS correct? Also, PTI and similar programs are almost always a one time thing.

Let's stop talking about what-ifs and deal with what is known. No convictions for the juvenile equivalents of class A or B felonies. Period.

No....actually what was said by bloggers and ATS for the most part was that he had some form of involvement in a 2nd degree murder case, not that he committed the murder. My thought on the reason they still don't want to release these records is because of something of this nature that he was able to plea the sentence down if he gave up information....just a hunch here, but would not be shocked in the least if this is correct.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I did not say he did PTI for murder. I said children can do a PTI and it is sealed. Anyone can if you have a good/decent lawyer or PD, first offense and can complete it. It is all about the money you pay each month. If you screw up they can try you.

It does not say he was not charged or tried though. It says he was never found delinquent. The lawyer used good lawyer speak and the MSM ate it up. Could be damaging testimony. Period.

It is back to normal there....

www.kmov.com...
www.kmov.com...
www.kmov.com...
www.kmov.com...

edit on 09pm30pmf0000002014-09-03T14:58:39-05:000239 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Nope....actually it started out by trying to make him out as a saint and a good kid about to go to college with the standard pics of him as a young boy. But we should all just look over the fact that he strong arm robbed a store minutes before and that he actually has a record of some sort that they won't release which would most likely go against the stories of him being a good kid.....if he was a good kid then there shouldn't be a record to try to have released.....

Yes, damn his grieving parents for having the audacity to speak well of their deceased child. The standard pics? I assume you're referring to Trayvon Martin?

Here's how things really go 99% of the time.

Yeah, I would say his parents are idiots. He didn't live with either of them at the time, not really sure what "great parent" sends their kid to live with grandma for a while.....maybe one that doesn't want the responsibility? Not only that, but prior to living with grandma he was living with friends. So I guess mom and dad and step-dad were SO involved with his life that they knew how he really was? Sounds more like an ignorant family being used by the media to incite violence and hate. No use for any of them personally. Their son was a thug who died....the parents were obviously distant and not involved in his life if they could state he was a good kid, yet the next day a video of him robbing a store comes out.....great parents...way to raise someone in your own image....idiots.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

A child who was bullied and shoots up a school and a child who was a bully and gets shot are two different narratives. In these cases the parents are usually very quiet and are grieving. They just lost a child. Dahmers father did not want to believe what his son did and it was only after the trial he was able to admit and come to terms with what his son was.

No one wants to see their child killed. No one wants to know their child smokes dope, write songs about it and hangs with the wrong crowd. No parent wants bad for their kids. As parents though, we cannot be there 24/7. It is impossible. Micheal Browns surroundings and friends he made got him to where he was in that street. That is the cycle that needs to be stopped or more young men and women, white and black, will be dead leaving behind futures and grieving parents.

As of this MetLife funded 2012 report, 51% of male teenagers admitted to having using marijuana at least once and one in eleven admitted using marijuana 20 or more times in the past 30 days.

Lets be honest here. We're all dealing with the same fragments of information and there's not enough to write a biographical synopsis as you've just done. I can't say what kind of person he was or how he lived anymore than you — the difference is I'm not pretending I can.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Did you listen to his SoundCloud music? I mean, i am not even saying it is bad to smoke out and rap. Snoop and Cypress Hill make a # ton of money and some of it from me. Check out My Pain with the lyric...

“Feel my pain, feel my pain, my own momma don’t give a damn.”

These are some of his other lyrics...

“On my side of town
When the sun go down
You in trouble now”

“Devil get up off my back
I knock you off your feet
Another man down in my city
Why people so petty”

Check it out...

soundcloud.com...

I am simply stating that a parent does not want their child to go down that road. I am making none of this up...simply posting it.

edit on 09pm30pmfu2014-09-03T15:13:21-05:000321 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This is one of the more lawyerly claims I've heard on ATS, and I don't mean that favorably. It sounds like Obama dancing around issues by using trick language.

"He was not convicted of a Class A or B felony?" Was he charged with one, then plea bargained it down? Does that indicate that he was convicted of a Class C felony? In Missouri, a Class C gets you one to seven years.

I'm sorry, but this piece of news does nothing to improve Mr. Brown's reputation.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

I'm sorry, but this piece of news does nothing to improve Mr. Brown's reputation.

It does actually, unless you don't want it to. Because they are juvenile records only certain things can be released, a comment was made on only what could be released. What's not allowed to be released can only be commented on by stating that it cannot be confirmed.

Why is this so hard?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Whether he was or was not an accused or convicted felon is irrelevant to the current situation unless it was directly relatable to the robbery (which I would wager, if there was a previous felony, is not).

Any of this will be deemed inadmissible and therefore has no bearing on the robbery or shooting.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Did this news step on some preconceived notions?

Yup!
sad that ain't it.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent
So he still had a juvenile record then of lesser offences?

You used a plural there, tut tut..you shudda been a politician.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Dear Kali74,

I APOLOGIZE. YOU'RE RIGHT, I WAS WRONG.

True, we now have it confirmed that he was not convicted of mass murder, violent rape, or other Class A and B felonies. Instead of saying that it does nothing to "improve" his reputation, I should have said it does nothing to "clear" his reputation. It seems as though he is a convicted felon, which is only a reputation enhancement in a certain small segment of society.

But again, you're quite correct, and I used the wrong word. Thanks for catching it.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I agree with you that it is largely irrelevant to the shooting. Would you care to hazard a guess on the purpose of the OP, then?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

What the hell are you talking about?

It seems as though he is a convicted felon, which is only a reputation enhancement in a certain small segment of society.

Where do you get this from?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Dear Kali74,

Am I being so outrageous? Missouri has three classes of felonies, Class A, B, and C. An official testifies that Mr. Brown has not been convicted of a Class A felony. He then testifies that he has not been convicted of a Class B felony. He then sits down and shuts up.

Granted that's not 100% scientific proof, but what is the natural and obvious conclusion? He could have said that Mr. Brown had not been convicted of a felony, but he didn't.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Yes it's outrageous. Did you read the article? If you had you may have understood and not made such an ignorant post. You may have understood the context in which those comments were made.

A blogger and the publication that wrote the article linked in the OP made a request of a judge that Micheal Brown's juvenile record be released to the public based on intense public interest. The blogger has claimed that Michael Brown was facing 2nd degree murder charges at the time of his death.

The court official who made the comment is the court official that argued against the records being released... the comment was to appease 'public interest'. Since the request was made by a blogger claiming Brown had committed 2nd degree murder, the comment is a satisfactory answer to that particular question.

The request for Brown's juvenile record to be released has nothing to do with the grand jury hearing currently underway to determine if the cop justifiably killed Brown. It had only to do with a blogger and The St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

ETA:

The 18-year-old fatally shot by a suburban St. Louis police officer didn't face any juvenile charges at the time of his death and never was charged with a serious felony such as murder, robbery or burglary, a juvenile court system lawyer said Wednesday.

Emphasis mine. abc News
edit on 9/3/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
I like that theory! Big Mike was a fat rat. He kept himself out of jail just long enough to get killed barely into adulthood. There's millions more just like him, it's no big loss. That saying painted on the Quick Trip said, Snitches Get Stitches. In a way Mike did get stitches/staples in the very end.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeultra
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I like that theory! Big Mike was a fat rat. He kept himself out of jail just long enough to get killed barely into adulthood. There's millions more just like him, it's no big loss. That saying painted on the Quick Trip said, Snitches Get Stitches. In a way Mike did get stitches/staples in the very end.

So you, "like the theory" then say "No big loss" in real time. So, if you actually know something to make those remarks concrete spit it out and make it believable. Then address why the man happens to be dead. Thing is, cops don't routinely kill snitches since they need them as much as their next breath.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join