It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can take Kiev in two weeks, Vladimir Putin warns European leaders

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

A advisor to Putin said that right now the Ukraine army is very small. But in 9 -10 months it could grow to 175 000 -200 000 strong.

These days number of men matter a little. Quality of weapons and training is more important. AKs would not stop a tank or APC.

Ukraine is pretty much spent on heavy machines and cutting edge weapons. No one is going to give them a dime to rebuild their armed forces to play "fascism" again.

Nearly 25 years after being independent and $200B in subsidies from Russia, why is Ukraine still bankrupt and heavily indebted ?

Bottomline is, do not play war with US or Russia one to one. Rest should be easy going.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
I don't think Russia wants to patch over Ukraine, they just want them to have a government that cooperates with Russia instead of the west and NATO.

So they show this supposedly 'Noble' objective by seizing territory of a neighboring sovereign state?

I don't think Russia has the right to force Ukraine into anything but I also don't think that the current Ukraine government occupants has the right to legitimacy.

That should be for the Ukrainians to decide for themselves without ANY and All foreign interference, Right?

Not for the US/West nor Russia to decide.

No?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

I don't think Russia wants to patch over Ukraine, they just want them to have a government that cooperates with Russia instead of the west and NATO.

So they show this supposedly 'Noble' objective by seizing territory of a neighboring sovereign state?

I don't think Russia has the right to force Ukraine into anything but I also don't think that the current Ukraine government occupants has the right to legitimacy.

That should be for the Ukrainians to decide for themselves without ANY and All foreign interference, Right?

Not for the US/West nor Russia to decide.

No?

The west has already interfered. Canada was throwing money at Kiev before they even talked about elections.

The west started the coup. Russia is recouping as far as I can see. Sovereign maybe but stand-alone Ukraine hasn't been in a long long time.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Russia is recouping as far as I can see. Sovereign maybe but stand-alone Ukraine hasn't been in a long long time.

The Soviet Union and it's claim on Ukrainian Territory faded a while ago.

You'd think Putin would have realized this by now.

PEACE

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Putin doesn't want the Ukraine, per se. He just wants the US to mind their friggin business. Russia can't afford to reconquer the old USSR anymore than the US running around the middle east.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ArchPlayer

Then lets start by both sides getting the hell out? All this BS justification by both Eat and West aggression should cease.

*This resembles to anybody looking at the situation objectively like two school yard bullies fighting over a toddlers toy that neither side really wants but just wants to deny it to the other.

edit on 2-9-2014 by Rubber-Ducky because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
a reply to: spy66

A advisor to Putin said that right now the Ukraine army is very small. But in 9 -10 months it could grow to 175 000 -200 000 strong.

These days number of men matter a little. Quality of weapons and training is more important. AKs would not stop a tank or APC.

Ukraine is pretty much spent on heavy machines and cutting edge weapons. No one is going to give them a dime to rebuild their armed forces to play "fascism" again.

Nearly 25 years after being independent and $200B in subsidies from Russia, why is Ukraine still bankrupt and heavily indebted ?

Bottomline is, do not play war with US or Russia one to one. Rest should be easy going.

Well i thought everyone knew that the Ukraine is running short on hard ware. The only thing the Ukrain can muster in the future is menn.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArchPlayer
Putin doesn't want the Ukraine, per se. He just wants the US to mind their friggin business. Russia can't afford to reconquer the old USSR anymore than the US running around the middle east.

Russia have never intended to expand. It just wants its old partner back. And Russia will put its military on the line to make that happen.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
You Putin lovers kill me. Vice news proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Russia made dam sure anyone who was not pro Russia in Donetsk was immediately dealt with. They also proved there were REGULAR RUSSIAN ARMY OFFICERS in Donetsk at the start pushing people around while in plain clothes, constantly antagonizing the people to fight an enemy that was not even in the whole area.

Lies Lies Lies Lies, that is all that came out of the Russians and the Pro Russians in east Ukraine when this first got started and nothing has changed.

Vice news does not support anyone but they showed the plain truth on what Russia is up to!

Lets see what Putin does when 1000 U.S. combat troops land in Ukraine with their armor this week. If the U.S. had a leader with balls, IE: Reagan! Russia would be turning tail back into Russia with their footballs.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Eyemin

so Russia is willing to go to war because its cheaper to have the port then to pay to use it

Since when should a major world power country like Russia have to pay to have access to the world's oceans for TRADE?...

If the U.S. were in the same predicament,.. the west would have no problem sanctioning blasting and killing their way to their objectives...lol

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: coastlinekid

Since when should a major world power country like Russia have to pay to have access to the world's oceans for TRADE?...

Why shouldn't they pay to use access from another country, as it is that country footing the bills...somebody has to pay that bill.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: coastlinekid

Sorry Russia could not get its sh#t together and lost a bunch of land. America should conquer the world and bring a total waste land to everything & everyone outside of her borders.

"the west would have no problem sanctioning blasting and killing their way to their objectives." Americans like to vacation in other parts of the world, even if those places do no speak English. Wipe those people out because Americans shouldn't have to work so hard to have a good time or struggle to find out where to find a beer and a bed. Some places speak English, but they drive on the wrong side of the world and use the metric system. Again Americans should not have to adapt, just destroy and conquer.

You are right, A super power should be able to slam his club on the ground and move the pests out of the way

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad
i think russia has been planning an invasion of europe for quite some time. i don't know when it will begin, but i don't think it's too far off.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join