It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disputed Kurdish oil tanker mysteriously goes dark off Texas coast

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

A tanker near Texas loaded with $100 million of disputed Iraqi Kurdish crude has disappeared from satellite tracking, the latest development in a high stakes game of cat-and-mouse between Baghdad and the Kurds.

The AIS ship tracking system used by the U.S. Coast Guard and Reuters on Thursday showed no known position for the United Kalavrvta, which was carrying 1 million barrels of crude and 95 percent full when it went dark.

Disputed Kurdish oil tanker mysteriously goes dark off Texas coast

Wait. What??

First a huge passenger plane disappears, now an oil tanker? Ok, so it's a Kurdish tanker..Still, how does an oil tanker just "disappear"??

I don't really have much to add other than, wtf is going on lately. This is eerily familiar. A couple days ago, I read something about how retired general McInerney stated on Fox news that he believes Defcon 1 should be activated and on the 7th, some kind of important publication would be released, possibly relating to the missing plane..He also stated that we should be on the highest alert during the days leading to the 9/11 anniversary.

Someone knows something, somewhere. I wonder if this missing tanker is another piece of this crazy puzzle. Things like big oil tankers and passenger jets don't just "disappear" in this day and age! Too weird to be a coincidence, IMO.

Just like the plane, this tanker has gone of the radar.

A Coast Guard official said the vessel in the Gulf of Mexico might have turned off its beacon, sailed beyond antennas that monitor transponders, or perhaps some antennas might have been taken out of service.

edit on 29-8-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Somebody doesn't want the off load at Texas refineries to be seen (on radar). After all, buying Kurdish oil is a slap in the face of the puppet Iraq government.

We want it both ways. Or any way for oils sake, idk.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Maybe it sank.

Or pirates hijacked it.

How close to Mexico was it before going "dark"?

Hmmm.

edit on Aug-29-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I doubt it sank, I'm sure someone would have heard a distress call somewhere if that was the case...

I'm not sure if pirates are common in the Gulf of Mexico, but a hijacking sure is possible. There are many who still believe the Malaysian plane was hijacked as well....

It just seems...off to me.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Cartel.
Once the cartels start stealing big ships in the US backyard the navy is going to bring the hammer down.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Very interesting.

Heard on the radio earlier that Homeland Security has gone on high alert because of some sort of planned attack at the southern border.

Don't know if that is true or not, but things are definitely getting weird.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Or there is something on it that we're not meant to see off-loaded. They are speculating about an attack along the Southern border. They've been talking for a while about an attack off a container ship. Why not a tanker?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Well there I was slow.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Watching CNN to see if they are speculating that the tanker was swallowed by another Black Hole.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

That is interesting. Does anyone have a link about the southern border attack being speculated about? I have not heard this yet, but it does add to the puzzle..

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Watching CNN to see if they are speculating that the tanker was swallowed by another Black Hole.

Or aliens, LOL. Let me know what they find out, they're sure on top of it lately. /sarc

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

How close to Mexico was it before going "dark"?

I think I read it was 60 miles off the coast of Texas.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Or there is something on it that we're not meant to see off-loaded. They are speculating about an attack along the Southern border. They've been talking for a while about an attack off a container ship. Why not a tanker?

Reminds me of something very few people have heard of. Operation Plumbat

It's an operation where the Israelis concocted this unique plan to get their hands on yellowcake for nukes. The ship that was supposedly carrying the material went off it's intended course, was unloaded in the middle of the Mediterranean and made it to a Turkish port.....where it was found empty and the crew missing.

Was going to do a thread on it, but haven't had the time.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

According to this article, the tanker made an unscheduled stop in Cyprus.
www.reuters.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

That is interesting. Does anyone have a link about the southern border attack being speculated about? I have not heard this yet, but it does add to the puzzle..

Its Judicial Watch...so I don't know how credible it is. Link

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Thanks, that's a start.

They refer to it as "imminent", I take that to mean it's going to happen, and soon. Of course, I believe after 9/11, we heard similar warnings..

This also involves ISIS, whom has been stated recently to be having "talks" with the Mexican cartel. So far, it's all been hearsay but someone knows what's going on.

This very well could be connected to the missing tanker.. Strange days indeed!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

According to this article, the tanker made an unscheduled stop in Cyprus.
www.reuters.com...

I wonder if this is the same ship. The article says that it went to Cyprus after it left the East Coast of the US.

A tanker carrying 300,000 barrels of Kurdish crude oil has changed its destination to Limassol, Cyprus, as it returned from the United States without delivering its disputed cargo to a New Jersey refiner.

So did the ship come back to the US and disappeared in the Gulf, or is this a different ship?

Side Note: When you said Cyprus it reminded me of an article I read that stated Britain does/did store nukes at their facilities on Cyprus.
edit on 8/29/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Several other tankers transporting disputed oil from Iran or Kurdistan have switched off their transponders before unloading their cargo - making their movements extremely difficult to track.
A Coast Guard official told MailOnline today that the vessel might have turned off its beacon in the Gulf of Mexico, which it is not supposed to do.

Only a few days ago, the partially-full Kamari tanker carrying Kurdish crude oil, disappeared from satellite tracking north of Egypt's Sinai Peninsula.
Two days later, the empty vessel reappeared near Israel.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... z3BowL3QdM
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Perhaps this event is nothing nefarious at all.

Link
edit on 8/29/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
]a reply to: sheepslayer247

So did the ship come back to the US and disappeared in the Gulf, or is this a different ship?

The Reuters article was written on the 25th, that would mean it would have made it back to the gulf in 3 days then went missing..

So if it was the same ship we would have to assume it made a trip to the Gulf for unknown reasons before returning to Cyprus? I dunno, I don't think it's the same ship. It wouldn't be tagged as "missing" today if it was back in Cyprus.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Maybe its occupants are more "ISIS" than Kurds..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join