It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona-9 Year old girl kills gun instructer

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
You all must have conveniently forgotten about this already. This was an 8yr old with an Uzi:

www.nbcnews.com...

A single incident almost 7 years ago in a population of 318 million is the very definition of "rare occurrence."

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Vamana

ok, and i know this is taking your logic out to an extreme...

would you advocate that a child not be taught these things, and then die at the hands of an intruder, because they lacked the knowledge to properly defend themselves?

it seems to me that the child wouldn't get any older, as that's very difficult to do when you're dead.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
Poor little girl. I bet she will be scarred for life because of some idiots thinking it was ok to hand her an Uzi.

I've shot an uzi and other automatic weapons and have learned that you never, let me repeat....NEVER hand an automatic weapon to an un-experienced shooter, let alone a 9 yr old.

Yep. That is quite true. The instructor was a dumbass and he paid the price.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Actually the gun instructors life was revoked in addition to his license.

Fully automatic weapon in the hands of a 9 year old = Dummy

I teach my whole family to shoot and my son shot lots of guns at 9 and I still wouldn't let him shoot a fully auto uzi and he is 14 now.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Mass shootings toll exceeds 900 in past seven years

As opposed to the US population of 318 million people. So try again.

and that's not even entirely accurate...

see, when you keep moving the goal posts (in this case, the criteria for what constitutes a "mass shooting"), anyone can score one...what would have been called a "double homicide", or a "triple homicide" 20 or 30 years ago, is now called a "mass shooting".....redefine, fixate, frighten....

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Briles1207
Unfortunatley, I think this is how most people view Pro Gun advocates.

yup..that pretty much sums up how we're seen (at least on this board, and youtube)
edit on 8-27-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

So give me a number and time span. Two babies in less than 10yrs ain't enough apparently. How many gun packing 8 and 9 year olds would it take to convince you this is a bad idea.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

as long as it doesn't have it's ballistic plates, it's not really bulletproof.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DPrice

how about you not be trying to tell people what to do?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: alldaylong

I see my point flew right over your head. For the second time, we live in a country that has two GIANT borders that are near impossible to guard. To our south is a country (who have made guns illegal) that is literally owned by criminal organizations who have divided the country up and are also sending their people north of our border to establish stronger roots here. YOUR country on the other hand is an island and the nearest countries to your country are all 1st world countries with safety indexes close to yours.

Your link means nothing. It is just a nice ranking of the safest countries in the world. It doesn't take into account why they are safer though, so it is a useless piece of data in this discussion.

Seriously, your argument is dumb. Just drop it, comparing British crime to American crime is ludicrous. Again look at Mexico to our south. Guns are illegal there. How is that working out for them?

Again you are talking total nonsense.

The Countries of Russia and Georgia share a common border. Look how far apart they are on the list.

If you can't be bothered to look, Georgia is the 8th safest country to live in, Russia lies at 92nd position.

Georgia also shares a border with Turkey, which is in 58th position.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I saw the footage on TV. There was no stock on the machine pistol and the recoil forced the gun up and over as the child held it in front of her . Who would think a 9 yr old girl could competently hold a fully auto machine pistol? I'm all for teaching gun safety to kids and I hope my daughter will start to shoot soon but she won't be allowed loose on anymore than a .22 semi rifle

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

No his children and wife will be paying the price because they are still alive. The dead don't know anything. I hope therapy will help the girl understand that the fault is her parents, not hers.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
If only the gun instructor had a gun, he would still be alive.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Briles1207

It's already been said...But a 9 year old girl should not be using an automatic weapon as her first exposure to a firearm.

This is sad because NONE of the adults who SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER, stopped to think.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

oh, give me a break....

how many "babies" have died in the same time frame from motor vehicle accidents? how many died in sporting accidents, or just riding a bike?

i'd wager it's a fair few more than two...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

At 64, they are babies to me. You guys really are ok with automatics in the hands of babies. Evil, just plain evil. This grandmother says "Goodbye" to you.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
lol at broken logic xD.

Gun are not a tools, it's made for killing people.

Not only 2 kids killed with gun.

www.nydailynews.com...

"Kids are accidentally shooting kids — siblings, friends and themselves — in a tragic trend that isn’t showing any signs of improving. At least 40 children ages 12 and under have died in accidental shootings since the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre, a heartbreaking statistic on premeditated crimes versus inadvertent deaths."

From december 2012 ( Sandy hook timeline ) to June 6. A little more then 6month. 40 kids died by kids with gun...

So about 80 kids died per year ( surely more ) for your Gun Comporation/NRA

On radio here, a reporter talk about how NRA try to marketing guns TO WOMEN AND KIDS !

Why ? Almost every man that want a gun in the USA... Got a gun. So they need to aim the women and kids market for having more sells...

That's why you look crazy to the world 'Merica...

Guns ARE NOT TOOLS. If you try to use that tool and your target don't die or is not hurt. Your "tool" dont work...

Like saying a sword is a Tool xD Broken Logic Redneck America. We cant WAIT to see you ender the 20-21 century !

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

No his children and wife will be paying the price because they are still alive. The dead don't know anything. I hope therapy will help the girl understand that the fault is her parents, not hers.

An issue that was caused by his own foolish actions. Not the NRA, not the millions of law abiding gun owners, not IMI, just him and some stupid New Jersey parents that thought it would be cool to shoot a machine gun just like in the movies. No different than putting your 9 year old in a car and letting her take it for a spin.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FreeQuebec86
lol at broken logic xD.

Gun are not a tools, it's made for killing people.

Not only 2 kids killed with gun.

www.nydailynews.com...

"Kids are accidentally shooting kids — siblings, friends and themselves — in a tragic trend that isn’t showing any signs of improving. At least 40 children ages 12 and under have died in accidental shootings since the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre, a heartbreaking statistic on premeditated crimes versus inadvertent deaths."

From december 2012 ( Sandy hook timeline ) to June 6. A little more then 6month. 40 kids died by kids with gun...

So about 80 kids died per year ( surely more ) for your Gun Comporation/NRA

On radio here, a reporter talk about how NRA try to marketing guns TO WOMEN AND KIDS !

Why ? Almost every man that want a gun in the USA... Got a gun. So they need to aim the women and kids market for having more sells...

That's why you look crazy to the world 'Merica...

Guns ARE NOT TOOLS. If you try to use that tool and your target don't die or is not hurt. Your "tool" dont work...

Like saying a sword is a Tool xD Broken Logic Redneck America. We cant WAIT to see you ender the 20-21 century !

Logic? How about some English? Are you drunk or simply unable to come up with a rational and coesive thought?

40 accidental deaths? Less than that of 5 gallon buckets and swimming pools.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

a reply to: Daedalus

At 64, they are babies to me. You guys really are ok with automatics in the hands of babies. Evil, just plain evil. This grandmother says "Goodbye" to you.

Shrug. My grandmother would laugh at your emotion and lack of reason as she chambered another round.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join