It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona-9 Year old girl kills gun instructer

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Briles1207

and that's why you're absolutely wrong.

your thought process is all screwed up. you're conditioned to comply with "authority"..."i've got nothing to hide" is an idiotic justification, because it completely ignores the FACT that whether or not you have anything to hide is irrelevant.....the important bit is that it's none of their goddamn business...

the line "just because something is a "civil liberty" does not make it right." seals it for me.....you've lost the plot..
edit on 8-27-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-27-2014 by Daedalus because: spelling

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeepImpactX

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

Any country where its possible for a child to handle let alone fire an Uzi needs to have a long hard look at itself

Agreed, but that's not going to happen among gun rights activists. If something bad happens with a gun, it doesn't matter. The right to bear arms will ALWAYS trump whatever went wrong. Always. They're not of right mind.

I have no sympathy for them, and if the parents of that girl make her pick up a gun again they don't need to be parents.

That's interesting, considering that everyone in the thread, on both sides, has stated that they believe that it was highly irresponsible to hand a fully automatic firearm to a 9 year old.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Briles1207
Its a "Civil Liberty" in Iran for a husband to lash his wife if caught committing an infidelity.

Still doesn't make it right.

and we're talking about AMERICAN civil liberties....nice try, though.

Also it is possible to live without guns, as other countries show. So the real argument is "we have guns because we are allowed" not because you need them.

and again, i'm sure you're referring to your country as the measure for comparison....in your country, guns aren't as prolific as they are here, so people just use knives, cricket bats, and other things to kill and hurt one another...your country, with it's lack of guns, is no more safe than mine.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Did you even read Reason 1 - it was a sarcastic article - the ‘ intruder' that the 5 year old shot was his 2 year old sister.

Fail.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maltese5Rhino
my opinion on firearms is that I can pick up any gun be instantly able to hurt myself or others because I have had no training or even never held a gun before.

but, you see, that's not entirely accurate...

people act like all a gun needs is a warm hand wrapped around the grip, and suddenly, it comes alive, and acts of it's own accord...

if you know nothing about guns, and you were to pick one up....sure, you could pull the trigger, but it might not fire....the safety might be on, it might not be loaded, there might not be a round chambered, the firing pin might be shot, parts in the trigger assembly might be broken....if any of these conditions exist, that gun's not gonna fire, and you're not gonna be hurting ANYONE....

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
You all must have conveniently forgotten about this already. This was an 8yr old with an Uzi:

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Britain is a safer country to live than The U.S.

By just under 10% safer. And we don't need bloody guns to make us a safer place to live.

www.numbeo.com...
edit on 27-8-2014 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
In New Jersey you can't even have a gun on you unless you can show your going to a shooting range, hunting, or have a permit. I also believe these guns are illegal in Jersey. Something forbidden at home is ok in Arizona so maybe this contributed to a loss of common sense. I bet the instructor and family got casual and he felt because it was a once and a lifetime thing for them, ....etc. Just try it once sort of thing. I'm speculating of course but they weren't there to train her on this particular gun if they were visiting from Jersey.

If you live in a Country where guns are legal people need to learn how to safely use or be around them. In my State that formal education can begin at age 12 (hunters ed). They start with smaller caliber and to my knowledge do not even have these guns in their curriculum. Parents can teach at any time and use common sense.

The purpose of gun rights, as we all know, is to make sure we can be equal to our government so they cannot oppress us via force. Maybe if people are assured their rights will never be taken away they won't make decisions based on the fear of that happening (not that these people did). I know a couple who were never interested in guns who now have several since this all of this rhetoric started. The amo thing - it seems that is also setting a trend because I'm told people are buying all they can when available due to the back orders.

Maybe the NRA can distribute something on age appropriate recommendations, and developmentally why these suggestions are being presented. I know they have them but maybe all should be given a pamphlet when they buy a gun. Seems silly but we are given paperwork on everything else.
edit on 27-8-2014 by Dianec because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

originally posted by: DPrice
Giving a 9 year old girl an Uzi. Lol 'Murica.

What happened to the stiff upper lip? The nation that sustained Hitlers onslaught and then chucked it back at him before the Yanks even arrived??? My grandfather was a pretty tough sonofabitch and was born in Glasgow. Does the UK still make real men??

I mean do you guys honestly have so little faith in your own countrymens ability to be RESPONSIBLE HUMANS, that you just want to hand all authority over to the nanny state??? The oh so trustworthy UK government right??? Well let me know how that's working out for you all right now with your culture swirling around the bottom of the PC toilet bowl just about to be flushed and replaced with a big turd of SHARIA LAW enforced by vigilantes on the street....

Who needs to travel to other countries when you've got Fox News to tell you what they're like, eh?
edit on 27-8-2014 by benedictus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

well, an actual uzi is a two-handed weapon...with a stock, and everything....not sure wtf the kid was using, but i suspect it was a micro-uzi, which is a machine pistol, with a rather high rate of fire....they're known to walk around on full-auto...i'm not sure why anyone would choose to put one in the hands of a 9 year-old....when it comes to kids, if you're going to put an automatic weapon in their hands......the bigger, the better. easier to control.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Most of the US is essentially just as safe as anywhere in western Europe. The problems mostly lie in the inner cities, most of which have much tighter gun laws than the rest of the country.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

By just under 10% safer. And we don't need bloody guns to make us a safer place to live.

www.numbeo.com...

It's always funny when british people come into gun threads and try to compare the safety of their ISLAND country that is the size of one of our states to our country which happens to be the 3rd largest in the world with two VERY porous borders. Yeah TOTALLY an apples to apples comparison... *eye roll*

I wonder if you'd be singing the same tune about your country's safety if your country butted up against another country that happened to be a 3rd world country not ran by its government but by international criminal organizations that are EXTREMELY violent.

Oh yeah, guns are illegal in Mexico. How is that working out for them?
edit on 27-8-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

or, you train them on airsoft first...feel, function, and takedown, are near identical. you teach them the basics on that, then you load it up, and let them shoot it, and when you're sure they're skilled enough, THEN you move to the real thing, and go over everything again....you drill it....with every change in power, feel, and function, you do it all over again, and drill....

this is how i handle training, when it comes to minors, and firearms....hell, i even go this route with select adults....

i'm not a licensed instructor, i just use that stuff between my ears for something other than space filler..

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

don't go reminding them that archery still exists......oh, think of the carnage....creepy little sticks with pointy bits on the end, that you send sailing through the air with another stick with a string on it....and the pointy stick has feathers on it...THINK OF THE BIRDS!

i remember reading an article years back, about a hunting accident, where a guy shot another guy in the head with an arrow...he survived, but my god, were his injuries ever ghastly....my god, the horrors.... we should ban archery post haste....
edit on 8-27-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

www.numbeo.com...

It's always funny when british people come into gun threads and try to compare the safety of their ISLAND country that is the size of one of our states to our country which happens to be the 3rd largest in the world with two VERY porous borders. Yeah TOTALLY an apples to apples comparison... *eye roll*

I wonder if you'd be singing the same tune about your country's safety if your country butted up against another country that happened to be a 3rd world country not ran by its government but by international criminal organizations that are EXTREMELY violent.

Your argument has little or no relevance. In fact it's total rubbish.

If you had bothered to look at the link, you would see that Fiji, and other ISLAND nations are unsafer to live in than The U.K.
As for size, The U.K. is 15 times larger than Fiji.

Here is the link again

www.numbeo.com...
edit on 27-8-2014 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DPrice

right, because your ignorant, insulting opinion is representative of how "the rest of the world sees you".....sure, chief...whatever you say...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

exactly...teach them to respect it...show them what it can do. let them experience it first hand, at a range..this way, they understand what it is, and if they find one laying around, they will understand what they're looking at, and understand that it's not a toy, and not to be played with...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

www.numbeo.com...

Your argument has little or no relevance.

If you had bothered to look at the link, you would see that Fiji, and other ISLAND nations are unsafer to live in than The U.K.

Here is the link again

www.numbeo.com...

Yet they have some very strict gun control laws, stricter than the UK in many cases, so the point that gun control makes one safer fails again.
edit on 27-8-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I see my point flew right over your head. For the second time, we live in a country that has two GIANT borders that are near impossible to guard. To our south is a country (who have made guns illegal) that is literally owned by criminal organizations who have divided the country up and are also sending their people north of our border to establish stronger roots here. YOUR country on the other hand is an island and the nearest countries to your country are all 1st world countries with safety indexes close to yours.

Your link means nothing. It is just a nice ranking of the safest countries in the world. It doesn't take into account why they are safer though, so it is a useless piece of data in this discussion.

Seriously, your argument is dumb. Just drop it, comparing British crime to American crime is ludicrous. Again look at Mexico to our south. Guns are illegal there. How is that working out for them?
edit on 27-8-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Poor little girl. I bet she will be scarred for life because of some idiots thinking it was ok to hand her an Uzi.

I've shot an uzi and other automatic weapons and have learned that you never, let me repeat....NEVER hand an automatic weapon to an un-experienced shooter, let alone a 9 yr old.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join