It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona-9 Year old girl kills gun instructer

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Dianec
That's kind of what it looked like, I watched it on youtube, it was a second longer, & when he told her to go full, the gun just kept popping, & just as the youtube clip ended, she Started to turn to the instructor in obvious panic.....just a sad accident.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.
That's kind of what it looked like, I watched it on youtube, it was a second longer, & when he told her to go full, the gun just kept popping, & just as the youtube clip ended, she Started to turn to the instructor in obvious panic.....just a sad accident.

The instructor was an idiot. Giving her the Uzi was monumentally stupid - and now that poor girl is traumatised.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

It wasnt just panic

again a few of these posts show why people need to have more experience with firearms.......

She lost control of the gun, because when you switch a gun to automatic the gun keeps firing.....

This causes the gun to rise with the recoil.....she lost her grip on the firearm and it spun towards the instructor shooting him.....

Any time you fire an automatic weapon you have to be mindful of the continuous rise of the barrel, this is a fairly short firearm so its going to be more drastic....

She had not trigger control because she wasnt use to firing this weapon...and someone paid with their life.....

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Probably a stupid question but WHY was a 9 year old firing a fully automatic UZI?
It's this kind of stupidity and nonsensical ish that really makes me question the mentality of some people.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

It wasnt just panic

again a few of these posts show why people need to have more experience with firearms.......

She lost control of the gun, because when you switch a gun to automatic the gun keeps firing.....

This causes the gun to rise with the recoil.....she lost her grip on the firearm and it spun towards the instructor shooting him.....

Any time you fire an automatic weapon you have to be mindful of the continuous rise of the barrel, this is a fairly short firearm so its going to be more drastic....

She had not trigger control because she wasnt use to firing this weapon...and someone paid with their life.....

Yep, that's exactly what it looked like! She did lose control. That was very obvious. They blurred the last second of the instructors face & her face, but that last second, as she turned toward the instructor, the gun was still going off, when she turned the gun went with her & it kind of looked like at that point, she was only able to have one hand on the gun. Thank God no one else got shot. I don't know how to post it to here, but if you type it into you tube, look for the video with the blurred faces, it's towards the top, so it won't take anyone long to find. If anyone goes to check it out, please bring your opinion back here, to see if your seeing what I am in that last second.......

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: kruphix
'Merica

Where practicing your "2nd amendment rights" is more important than basic common sense.

Common sense is applied to guns as well as any other machine and tool.

UK, where people wet their panties over inanimate objects.

I live in America, I just don't agree with our obsession over inanimate objects.

The truth is that this situation happened because of people promote gun culture...and if you support gun culture and exercising our 2nd amendment right...then you are part of the problem that contributes to idiotic situations like this.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Also, whatever happened to:
"You'll shoot your eye out!"

In a perfect world kids wouldn't need to use guns. It's scary that it's being brought to light that maybe kids 'should learn to use guns.'

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels
Probably a stupid question but WHY was a 9 year old firing a fully automatic UZI?
It's this kind of stupidity and nonsensical ish that really makes me question the mentality of some people.

Because.....'Murica

That 9 year old was just exercising her 2nd amendment rights. How dare anyone suggest we regulate that...even to say that 9 year olds shouldn't be handling weapons like that. This is 'Murica and all babies should learn to shoot before they walk.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

so its "normal"to teach 8years and younger childs handling and fire assault weapons ?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
What caliber was it? Was it a semi 22LR UZI? The 9mm or 45ACP UZI may kick but a 22 not so much.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels

Because.....'Murica

That 9 year old was just exercising her 2nd amendment rights. How dare anyone suggest we regulate that...even to say that 9 year olds shouldn't be handling weapons like that. This is 'Murica and all babies should learn to shoot before they walk.

Actually, everyone in the thread, on both sides, has so far agreed that allowing someone that young to fire a fully automatic uzi or any other similar firearm is highly irresponsible.

As for how it would be 'regulated', well, this actually happened under the exact type of circumstances where you guys have long argued that gun rights should be exercised: only at the range and only with a firearms instructor nearby. Further, the weapon in question, being fully automatic, is already heavily regulated under US law and tend to be rare and incredibly expensive on the open market. In fact, its probably why the family stopped there in the first place: a rare opportunity to rent and fire a fully automatic firearm.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

'Merica

Where practicing your "2nd amendment rights" is more important than basic common sense.

Common sense is applied to guns as well as any other machine and tool.

UK, where people wet their panties over inanimate objects.

I live in America, I just don't agree with our obsession over inanimate objects.

The truth is that this situation happened because of people promote gun culture...and if you support gun culture and exercising our 2nd amendment right...then you are part of the problem that contributes to idiotic situations like this.

That's nonsense. One can promote lawful and safe use of an inanimate object and one can object to foolish desires to restrict one's right to use an inanimate object without "worshiping" said object.

Most of us promote safe and lawful use of firearms. ALL 2nd amendment supporters in this thread have called this act out for being irresponsible. You are being disingenuous and it is stupid to ban something that people use lawfully and safely because a minority of people do not

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

so its "normal"to teach 8years and younger childs handling and fire assault weapons ?

My grandfather taught me gun safety when I was four and I shot my first 22s when I was 7. My kids started at about the same age. It's important to teach kids gun safety even if you do not believe in gun rights, because you cannot be with them 24/7 to make sure they do the right thing.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Maybe gun range and safety instructors should consider wearing body armor for mishaps like this? I know I would if I was teaching newbies how to handle firearms. But lots of commies and Marxists in our government are trying to make it illegal.

Body armor is legal to own in all states unless a buyer has a felony conviction. EXCEPT Connecticut has to be face to face purchase, no one can ship it to that state for civilians.
New York is also trying to pass legislation to ban any civilian from owning armor since armor makes it harder to kill civilians.

California's communist liberal sympathizer Mike Honda (D) is also attempting to pass a bill, which the text of that bill leaked and shows a sensible sounding title, but the content of the bill is truly Orwellian. This shows they know what they are proposing is wrong and un-American , so they hide it from the population by using nice sounding, but deceptive language. His bill totally bans body armor for the entire nation, not just California.
And Massachusetts has 60 gun related bills on their agenda.

Our government, if they really gave a steaming pile of Obama about gun safety and such, would propose something that would actually save lives, like a nationally sponsored gun training proposal that wasn't forced, but was made to promote teaching gun safety, and WASN'T used as a political tool for all of our political failures we have in politics today.
Add to that a crack down on gangs and their related violence that wasn't abused to crack down on law abiding citizens as well. That is what we are going to be seeing though, and what we already have been seeing.

edit on 27-8-2014 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: cheers

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

body armor would not be a bad idea actually, they are teaching gun safety to gun newbies

would anyone teach somone to drive without a seatbelt on?
edit on b2929136 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Jesus Christ...

well, the initial reaction in this thread is pretty goddamn disgusting....so many of you celebrating the death of the instructor....he was a human being. what the hell is wrong with you?

i, of course, expected the idiotic "ban guns because guns" fruitcakes to show up, and the foreigners (mostly the english) telling us how backward and barbaric we are for allowing people to have guns (as if people being clubbed, or stabbed to death, like what happens in THEIR country, is any LESS barbaric)...i expected all that.....but people celebrating? holy s**t, that's sick....and you anti-gun fellas call US evil and sick....

was this tragic? absolutely. was it maybe not such a good idea to use an UZI as a training weapon? yeah, an UZI is awful for that. did the guy deserve to die? no..there are very few reasons why someone would genuinely deserve to die...this ain't one of 'em..

And i just LOVE how this is spun, and misrepresented in the OP's article...which is, of course, from the BBC, where demonizing guns is an art form...they fail to specify what model of UZI the kid was using, and characterize it as a "high-powered sub-machinegun".....if the gun being used was the same as the last image in the article, then that would be a micro-uzi, which would be classified as a machine-pistol...in addition to that, the gun in question only fires a 9mm round, which is a pistol round, and is known for not being especially powerful, so there goes that..AND they got the rate of fire incorrect as well...

the OP asks "when will people learn?"....i ask "when will people stop making threads like this?"

it's not that i don't want to see it reported....but i'd love to see it reported, as just news...not as an opinion piece, or used as a soapbox for a foreigner to stand on, and bitch and moan about how our country is so evil because (insert thing here)....i'm really getting tired of it....especially when it comes to guns, i'm so tired of people from other countries telling us what we do and don't need....

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I agree with other members here on many things.
First- This girl is going to have to live with this the rest of her life.. NOT fair.

2- Why give a 9 year old girl a damn Uzi?? I did not shoot my first uzi until I was well over 15.
You know, when you can drive a car, then you are ready for automatic weaponry with such high recoil.

At the age of 9, I was only allowed to shot 22 caliber types. Even the 22 rifle had enough recoil for me at that age.

My brilliant uncle at the age of 12 let me shoot his 30-06. Damn thing dislocated my shoulder! I did not have a firm grasp on it. Lucky no one got hurt besides myself. They just all thought it was funny.

I am all for teaching your kids how to respect and use guns.. But damn, there is a build up.
This is like taking a white belt, and putting them up against a 4th degree black belt.
Out classed, and logic went right out the door on this one.

Poor choice, and I feel bad for this little girl who will now most likely be jaded on guns, due to a crappy teacher, and IMO poor parents, who even allowed their child to go into "advanced" weaponry at such a young age.
Poor poor choice.. But damn guys. The instructor lost his life over a poor choice. We have all made poor choices.
While I get it, its hard to show empathy to idiots. But dude lost his life. I think that is punishment enough, my condolences to the family of the instructor. I hope this allows lessons learned across the board here.
And not used to push anti gun agendas. But maybe some common sense logic to be used more often here. And not serve to push one side or the others agenda. Lets just use some more common sense in the future. Sad for all parties.
Dumb move that cost him his life. Yet I have a level of empathy for him, and if he had any kids, a wife, family members...
edit on 23814283885 by zysin5 because: spelling edit

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
sure body wont stop a 7mm bullet from an ak but you dont teach people to shoot with an AK-47.

a 9mm bullet from a handgun or sub machinegun armor would stop no problem

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: joemoe
I was taught the importance of firearm safety at a young age. My dad stood behind me and helped me fire a 9mm beretta at age 5. By age 6 i was trap shooting with a 12 gauge and hunting with a 30.06. Each person is different, and not everyone is disciplined enough to fire a weapon. This is cleary an idiotic decison to give any child a fully automatic weapon, especially without explaining muzzle rise and recoil and hammering home having a proper grip on the weapon. I feel sorry for the poor girl.

edit on 8/27/14 by VikingWarlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Yep, I just meant to say, but didn't put it into words, that gun safety have better ways of certifying instructors. I remember taking gun safety at our local police station in their basement when I was about 12 years old, and it had a written test and was taught by police officers. I never forgot it because it was taught so well.
They taught that there is no such thing as an "unloaded" gun. Hence, handling guns should always be done as if they are loaded. It is usually only the "unloaded" guns that actually kill people when mishaps or accidental shootings happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join