It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Pyramid Hoax - New Evidence of Forgery in the Great Pyramid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

First things first--this evidence is new. Also, it has NOTHING whatsoever to do with the erroneous past claims of Sitchin. Zilch.

Okay--so now that we have got that out the way, as promised some months ago, I have created a new presentation (Powerpoint) which offers evidence directly from the pages of Col. Howard Vyse's handwritten journal of his explorations in the Great Pyramid in 1837.

Suffice to say, Vyse's journal presents some compelling, never-before-seen evidence pointing towards a forgery (fake hieroglyphs of the Egyptian king Khufu) having been placed in the upper chambers of the pyramid, perpetrated by Vyse and his assistants.

There is much more evidence from Vyse's diary (and elsewhere) that shall be presented in due course that also point towards this forgery. In the meamntime though, I hope though that you enjoy this presentation in the meantime:

The Great Pyramid Hoax.

Regards,

SC

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Scott Creighton

Clicked link thinking it would bring me to an online source, ended up downloading your presentation. Had to delete it before reading it. I don't like files slipped to me without warning. Feel a little violated now. Sorry.

MM

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Awesome work!
My question is what was he "Hiding" or what was he deciving Hills and teh world about?
I do not know hwat teh empty disk means and what adding the hatched lines what change it's meaning to.
Can you explain this and it's meaning?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask

Clicked link thinking it would bring me to an online source, ended up downloading your presentation. Had to delete it before reading it. I don't like files slipped to me without warning. Feel a little violated now. Sorry.

MM

I took the plunge.

The PPT goes on to show how Vyse drew the same disc from the Kings Chamber twice without the "hatches" and 3 weeks later with. Twice identifying the disc (one with and one without) as originating from the same location. The premiss being, he realized it was wrong after having created it.

Still reading the rest of it. Thank for sharing Scott!
edit on 1-8-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

A very interesting analysis. Thank you. Are the x and i marks he made representative of how he noted incorrect entries and edits on other topics? That would be helpful to know as a means to verify his personal shorthand style.

Also the paint sample dating you presented previously was very interesting. Love reading your posts and appreciate your other works. Very very interesting. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I think you need to modify your presentation. Not saying that your conclusion is wrong, but the presentation is a bit confusing.

First, you need to give us a short concise version of the weight of the findings in question. What is it they were searching for, what did they find, and the weight of their findings. Then you get your presentation, but instead of making conclusions all the time in it. Talk about what Vyse is saying in his journal. Now, once we "know" what he said, make your case about the date alignments. And your case about, the actual forgery you suggest.

At the end of it, you need to get to a conclusion ... Vyse did this, because if he didn't ... what?

You can't draw your conclusions, before you make your case ... that's trying to modify the mind of the reader, and any scholar would dismiss it out of hand.

edit on 1/8/2014 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Mr Mask

You just click on links without even examining the info in your status bar when you mouse-over the link? Sounds like internet noobery which is your fault, not the op's.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
You have a "macro-enabled" power point presentation, while I'm sure your intentions are nothing malicious, this is a dangerous way to share information. Macro-enable Microsoft products are never safe.

Can you please upload static images through a site like Imgur or even on ATS images?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
He did say it was a power point presentation. He didn't slip it to you. He didn't violate you LOL

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I, for one, would prefer the presentation in the usual ats format as I don'thave a pps reader installed, and I also agree that I don't want something downloading automaticly.

Sorry Scott, love your work, but not installing something just to read one file.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
He did say it was a power point presentation. He didn't slip it to you. He didn't violate you LOL

That's a matter of opinion, for myself I thought it was a redirection to a web page which would have been ideal, however you can cancel the pdf easily enough. No matter, the OP should have said it was a download.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
My house is nearly 100 years old. No one assumes that I built it.

Why to people not only assume, but demand we accept the idea, that the "Egyptians" were the one's who built them?

People move into building and areas that were built by others. Why the erroneous assumption that the "of Irish decent" Egyptians built these?

Why is it seen as impossible that someone built these long, long, long before the Egyptians moved in? Why do folks insist on trying to "prove' the Egyptians built these instead of breaking free from this square peg round hole problem by seeing that they just moved in.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

For those who do not have Powerpoint to view this presentation, here is a PDF version (1.13Mb download).

The Great Pyramid Hoax

Regards,

SC

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

You Sir, as always, are a class act. Nice to see you posting here.

I will indulge in this one this evening.

Thank you!

anon72

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Having read your treatise;

You assume too much from Vyse's handwritten and crudely drawn notes. Vyse, in 1837, was no expert in Hieroglyphs. He had a barely functional knowledge of them. He also had a flawed reference book of hieroglyphs with him, the 1828 Materia Hieroglyphica by Wilkinson, which mistakenly depicted Khufu's cartouche as having a blank solar disk sans 3 hatched lines. When Vyse opened the chambers and discovered the cartouches, he did not see a "proper" (per Materia Hieroglyphica) blank solar disk in the cartouche, and that led to his confusion, evident in the journal entries. Why, he must have wondered, did this cartouche not have a blank disk, why does it show a hatched disk? He was expecting to find the cartouche with either the 'blank' solar disk (alternatively written as a disk with a dot in the center), instead he found something that contradicted Wilkinson's Materia Hieroglyphica, a disk with three lines.

Also not addresses in your treatise is the instances found in the chambers of Khufu's horus name written in hieroglyphics that was completely unknown by Vyse or anyone in 1837.

The Horus-Name
Sitchin's Folly: Graffiti in the Pyramid
Yeah, Khufu’s Cartouches in the Great Pyramid of Giza are Genuine

If Vyse truly wanted to commit such a forgery, he would have stuck with the leading experts of the day, Wilkinson, and the Materia Hieroglyphica, he would have kept the spelling with a blank solar disk. The fact that the cartouches caused such a consternation indicates their discovery led to a new paradigm in understanding hieroglyphics in the 19th century.
edit on 1-8-2014 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well let see a download, macros and the actual evidence has NOT been published yet - so will we have to wait for your book?

lol

The presentation is superior to your 2007 one on Atlantis but why do you start with the conclusion then provide evidence? Rather silly and
Ass back wards.

As to the actual argument:

Taken on its own, as an attempt to 'prove' a Vyse forgery, do I find it compelling? Not at all. While possible (if one ignores other evidence) it is not probable nor realistic.

How much difference is there between your idea and the Truth is Stranger than Fiction website by Rick Richards?

Oh one other question Scott who painted the Victorian Names on the Relieving Chambers? i.e. Davison, Nelson, Wellington, etc
edit on 1/8/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Link to post in previous thread

Hi Scott,

What a shame you're too busy to take part in this thread any more! I've really been enjoying it, and I'm sure a lot of other people have too.

Before you leave, though, could you tell us what you managed to find about Howard Vyse's travels in Egypt and Syria in 1842?

Thanks and regards,

Hooke

Hi Hooke,

As I have said elsewhere in the thread, I shall come back to this in due course once I have completed my own research into this. To properly research this will probably take me around a month or so. I will make known the outcome of this research on my ATS Forum as soon as it is completed.

Regards,

SC

Hi Scott,

Well, it's been several weeks now. Did you ever manage to find out anything further about Howard Vyse's travels in Egypt and Syria in 1842?

Best,

Hooke

Hello Hooke,

As a matter of fact I did. Alas, however, I am not presently able to detail the outcome of my research at the moment. It is still ongoing. I can tell you though, that all will be revealed fairly soon.

And I can tell you also--mainstream Egyptology (and its apologists) will be spitting feathers at what I will be presenting. Watch this space.

Best,

Scott Creighton

Hi Scott,

I downloaded the PDF of your presentation about Col. Vyse's diary today, as I thought it must have the information you've been promising us back in the spring about Vyse being in Egypt in 1842.

I was a bit disappointed when I saw there wasn't anything.

Are you planning to put it in your next article?

Best regards,

Hooke

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

Wrong, there is no warning in the OP of this being a download or PowerPoint presentation. If there was, I wouldn't have clicked it.

Never in the thousands of links clicked on ATS have I ever been sent to auto-download anything (I also thought that was against the rules of ATS. I must be wrong). In fact, I find it very wrong that there was zero warning of this in the OP. Unprofessional and surely irritating. In the future Scott should learn to warn people.

MM
edit on 1-8-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: centhwevir1979

You just click on links without even examining the info in your status bar when you mouse-over the link? Sounds like internet noobery which is your fault, not the op's.

I own a Mac (meaning I don't care what page I am directed to). There is little reason to look at the info of every link clicked on ATS since I have clicked perhaps tens of thousands without ever being forced to download anything. I also thought it was against the rules for a member to offer downloads (without warning).

My fault? Surely...from now on I will always check to see if Scott here is slipping me unwanted files that may or may not be malicious, without warning me first.

MM
edit on 1-8-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Does this apply to this situation?

15j.) URL Links: You will not place a link on any of the Websites that initiates an automatic download or execution of a file of any sort.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join