It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POTUS and Golfing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Hello!

I have read a lot about how President Obama golfs and vacations a lot. At first this made me furious, because I do not feel the government does enough actual work to justify so much down time. This does not just extend to this administration. This also does not just extend to the executive branch. I was outraged to see how much of the tax-payer's money he spent, until I started to really think about it.

I'm not that upset anymore.

In fact I am a bit glad.

In my opinion the people that are 'running' this nation are awful at it. The less time they spend destroying this country might actually be a benefit to us. Every hour that they spend at hole 9, or abroad, or a fancy jet... is one less hour they can fumble about. One less hour that they can spend devising ways to please their financial backers. One less hour they can spend telling my children what to eat or my local church/mosque/temple what to believe. One less hour they spend approving funds to buy arms for terrorists. One less hour they spend blocking legislation from the people who actually try to keep their voting base in mind.

I realized I'd be willing to invest all my tax-dollars toward ensuring that these individuals never step foot into the office again. Could it be less expensive in the long run?

What's your opinion?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I have to agree, at least in principal. Certainly with this president, the more he can be rendered impotent and inactive the better. Unfortunately, he has something in his character that seems to flare up all too often where he feels he should be making up for lost time and he uses his pen and his phone to create more dissension.

Then he goes and plays more golf.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: KaDeCo

LMAO you have sort of point. but less they spend in the office less they know what they sign and sign they will.. more troubles ( like GMO )

Well our new prime minister is avid thriathlonist and maraton runner and twitter user, he took the prime ministers seat couple months ago and when the passanger plane was shot down in Ukraine and other countries politicans tweeted about the plane, ours tweeted only about this thriathlon contest and not one mention about the situation or grief of the people.
Our politicans seems to love twitter and what is more intresting than seeing what they eat for lunch...

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I like your idea, but have to add something. The state I live in, golf courses have become (or more likely, have been) the standard venue for the cliche of "shady back-room deals."

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Hey! this is the world famous ATS!!

No one found out his handicap yet? Scores people! Priorities!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Good news,everyone! In a day or 2,they'll send congress on a month long vacation! Nobody will do anything....not that they have tho.But really,GW was on the golf course at the start of the Iraq war too.Hurricane Katrina? He was giving John McCain a birthday cake and playing guitar in Phoenix! He did manage a flyover on his way home tho.And a photo op a week later.........

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Alright I did some research of this very important topic.

Don Van Natta Jr., an author of a book about presidential golf, told the Times that Obama “strives” to be an 18-handicap, which sounds like code for “but he’s really a 22.”

Golfing with President Obama

Conflicting reports from the MSM state

Vice President Joseph R. Biden, who had a handicap of 6.3 in 2011, according to Golf Digest, has been invited to tag along with his boss just six times in five years. (The golf magazine estimated Mr. Obama’s handicap at 17 two years ago.

Obama and Golfing again

This 17 handicap is repeated by golf digest as well:

Obama (17-handicap) finds time for golf with friends while vacationing and with aides at the Army Navy Country Club courses in Arlington, Va.

Obama's handicap

But pros disagree with this "17" number as well. Tiger woods has this to say:

Woods described the offer to play with Obama, who boasts a 16 handicap, as “an invitation you don’t turn down.” He also called the commander-in-chief “a pretty good athlete.”

Tiger Woods evaluates if Obama's got GAME!!!!

But the official word from the White House is:

Few details are given to the White House press corps about Obama's golf game. When asked for the POTUS' handicap, press secretary Jay Carney likes to joke, "That's classified."

Classifi ed Golfing

So, it seems his handicap is anywhere between 16 and 22. But once again the most "transparent" administration is hiding the things MERICANS need to know.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

top topics

join