It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I give more than a flag?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I've been a member for two years now and have lurked for many more years, and sometimes I will read a thread that goes above and beyond anything that anyone else has posted, and IMO sometimes a star and flag doesn't do the thread justice.

Is there any way that these contributors can be further rewarded for their outstanding achievements? and could ATS have an annual ceremony that acknowledges these members?

Think of it like the Oscars of ATS:

Best Grey Area thread

Best Political news thread

Best Fragile Earth thread

and so forth.

And when I mean rewards, I don't mean toasters or gift cards-I mean some kind of notification that appears on a members avatar that lets the rest of us know that they have made a significant contribution-like a trophy or a banner. Sometimes I get frustrated when I can only give one flag when a thread deserves much more, and maybe the mods could deliberate once or twice every year and vote for their favorite entrants, and that itself could provoke other members (like myself for instance) to provide better threads and increase the quality of their content.

Could it work? can we have an annual ATS awards?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Annual ATS Awards
That's a neat idea.

I like your ideas, but I don't know if they could be done in reality , or how hard it would be to add it to members' avatars.

When I find a gem on ATS, I flag it star it, tell the OP what a great thread they made, and sometimes even write a U2U.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
You could just make the check payable to me or I take Paypal......

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
s&f &

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
What is a flag ?a reply to: Expat888

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SollyParton

This thread has 5 flags so far.
When someone likes a thread you made they can click on the flag icon to "flag it", and also "star" your posts.
The original poster (OP) is talking about having more ways to award great threads and its members.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
Could it work? can we have an annual ATS awards?

At one point in time there was the WATS award (Way Above Top Secret) that was given to a member that continuously posted outstanding threads, and posts. It was voted on by other members, but IIRC it pretty much became a popularity contest.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Great idea

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I would like to thank all the people who made this possible, little people like you.

I can't accept an award but I can and will accept a check.

(i'm joking. jeesh.)

LOL.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
mods do give out applause for good threads
i have had a few myself somehow
so i think thats recognition at it best
and i see you have had 5 yourself

a reply to: [post=18215635]Thecakeisalie[/post

edit on 30/7/2014 by maryhinge because: last line .and i see you have had 5 yourself

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: maryhinge
mods do give out applause for good threads
i have had a few myself somehow

My sentiments exactly. There were some posts that got an applause for me that left me scratching my head. "They liked THAT?"

BTW, I would like my U2U's back that stated what got applauded and when. Somewhere along the line with all the site changes and upgrades, they got thrown into cyberspace.

Please?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
You can give a geese.

Flags, stars, and geese. If I had a geese to give you would get a geese for asking this question.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
You can give a geese.

Flags, stars, and geese. If I had a geese to give you would get a geese for asking this question.

Geese?
As in old McDonald had some geese?

Are you trying to turn us into farmers?

I think I'll stick to the stars and flags ,no geese please.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

edit on 30/7/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
You could, but in some States/Countries it's illegal.
At the risk of criminal record and probably some serious public humility, a good post is simply not worth anything other than a "Thumbs Up" on da Interwebs.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Maybe we could just keep friending each other mul;tiple times when we run into something that rings a bell....?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

originally posted by: Zaphod58
...pretty much became a popularity contest.

I agree.

I think it actually discourages others from posting good content.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

BTW, I would like my U2U's back that stated what got applauded and when. Somewhere along the line with all the site changes and upgrades, they got thrown into cyberspace.

ill see if i can find them for you lol
a reply to: Taupin Desciple

top topics

join