It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sniper Rifles?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hi, I'm new here, and I was just wondering if sniper rifles, like military sniper rifles are similar, or in fact the same as regular hunting rifles, just using different bullets? Also, I was wondering about since the assault weapon ban was lifted, when will AK's be in stores?

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Since the ban was lifted you can but a rifle with a bayonet lug,pistol grip,folding stock and flare launcher. No full auto AKs the AWB had nothing to do with the action of a gun.

If you want to spend $15,000 and buy all the permits you can buy one just like before the ban was lifted.

Some Military sniper rilfles are modified versions of civilain rifles. Such as the M40 Sniper Rifle they were built on Remingtons' model 700BDL actions, with one piece wooden stocks.

Depending in what state you live in you can buy the exact same 50 cal sniper rifle the military uses. Well if you have $+7,000 you want to blow.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
So you cannot get AK's even if they are modded to not be full?

7k? Jeeze, whats the point of those? I guess it'd be fun to have, shooting deer from like 1000 yards lol

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
THe Military's sniper rifle could be the same or not. Hunting rifles can be all sorts of rifles. The US military uses this L96A1 Sniper Rifle. Hunting rifles can range from anything like this hunting rifle, the Sako 75 Hunter.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I was also wondering if any types of shotguns or if you could modify a shotgun to hold more than 5 rounds, or slugs, w/e you want to call them ?

would it be possible to make like a clip for a shotgun, somethign like that of handguns?

[edit on 3-12-2004 by White_Devil]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Most shotguns use seven or eight bullets.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
THe Military's sniper rifle could be the same or not. Hunting rifles can be all sorts of rifles. The US military uses this L96A1 Sniper Rifle. Hunting rifles can range from anything like this hunting rifle, the Sako 75 Hunter.

Military sniper rifles are usually a lot more poweful with all kinds of extra features, grips, longer barrels, silencers, scopes, infa red, night vision etc...

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by White_Devil
I was also wondering if any types of shotguns or if you could modify a shotgun to hold more than 5 rounds, or slugs, w/e you want to call them ?

would it be possible to make like a clip for a shotgun, somethign like that of handguns?

[edit on 3-12-2004 by White_Devil]

You can buy the civilain version of a AK which is semi-auto in most states.

Alot of shotguns vary in the rounds they hold but you can buy Magazine Extension to increase the numbers of rounds they hold. Some of the shorty shotguns only hold 3 rds they are tiny though. Some extension allow you to hold up to 10 rds.

Shotguns that use clips often drum clips are called Street sweepers and they do make them. Depends what state you live in to buy those. A Russian company makes a 12 gauge called Siaga that has a 5rd box magazine. I think you can get those anywhere

[edit on 3-12-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Never heard of a Siaga before, and I could only find one pic:

Usually if you can get a magazine on, their is some company that's made/making a drum...

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
wow thats really cool, are those legal for hunting, in dove hunting that would help alot lol.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I don't think for hunting, but I'm in the UK, so laws are different over here. Anyone got any other links to pics

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Yeah you could use a Siaga for hunting. They have been out for awhile I almost got one but went with a Mossberg 500 instead alot more after market stuff for them now. Nexus If they do make a drum clip I might pick one up.

This is a Street Sweeper with 12rd drum, not something you would want to hunt with,often classified as a destructive device.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
That's a big gun, could you give me the link to the site you got the pic from?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Yeah you could use a Siaga for hunting. They have been out for awhile I almost got one but went with a Mossberg 500 instead alot more after market stuff for them now. Nexus If they do make a drum clip I might pick one up.

This is a Street Sweeper with 12rd drum, not something you would want to hunt with,often classified as a destructive device.

I have a mossberg 12 gauge pump, idunno what edition it is, but what aftermarket parts are good for shotguns? I think it has modified choke, and thats all. It only holds 3, but my dad sad you can take out the plug and put like 5 in there.

That Street Sweeper looks awesome, and would really be a Street Sweeper, I can see no other use for it than killing a bunch of people at once, but its still awesome lol

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus
I don't think for hunting, but I'm in the UK, so laws are different over here. Anyone got any other links to pics

www.izhmash.udm.ru...

Check out the shorty one
I guess they make a 8rd clip now

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I wonder how many steet gangs and militia groups would like to get ahold of one of those...

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I have a mossberg 12 gauge pump, idunno what edition it is, but what aftermarket parts are good for shotguns? I think it has modified choke, and thats all. It only holds 3, but my dad sad you can take out the plug and put like 5 in there.

Most any shotgun Accessories will fit on a mossberg 500

Heres a place with alot of parts and good prices you can order a catalog there too.

[url=http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/dept.asp?dept%5Fid=1226&category=&dept%5Fname=Shotgun+Accessories&mscssid=6W7QEKTSV7EX8P02J0LGRGJ9P55CAAB3][/u rl]

Then there is always Special Shotgun Loads everything from Flechette rounds, armour piercing slugs,bolo shot, even a flame shot.

Most special rounds only work in pump shotguns though and not semi auto thats one reason I went with a pump shotgun.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Fixed now LOL...
Thanks for that...

[edit on 3-12-2004 by Nexus]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Most any shotgun Accessories will fit on a mossberg 500

Heres a place with alot of parts and good prices you can order a catalog there too.

[url=http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/dept.asp?dept%5Fid=1226&category=&dept%5Fname=Shotgun+Accessories&mscssid=6W7QEKTSV7EX8P02J0LGRGJ9P55CAAB3][/u rl]

Then there is always Special Shotgun Loads everything from Flechette rounds, armour piercing slugs,bolo shot, even a flame shot.

Most special rounds only work in pump shotguns though and not semi auto thats one reason I went with a pump shotgun.

I like pumps too, because of the cool factor, pumping it is awesome lol, and armor piercing, i thought those were illegal? I'm making a shotgun gang, haha jk

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Sorry messed up that link

Che aper then dirt

<<   2  3 >>

join