It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sniper Rifles?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I think armour piercing bullets are illegal aren't they?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Heres a taste of some of the Specialty Ammo its expensive though.

Heres the flame round I was talking about

�Flame Thower�
The 12 Ga. "Flame Thrower" round as pictured produces an enormous wall of fire for 250+ feet. The incendiary metal compound contained inside burns when fired at over 4000 degrees fahrenheit, showering your target in a momentary wall of flame.

250 ft of flame

www.firequest.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
25 armour piercing bullets for $129.99!

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus
I think armour piercing bullets are illegal aren't they?

It depends on where you live but theres often loop holes. Like you cant sell loaded tracer bullets in some areas so they sell the bullet unloaded you load them yourself and its legal.

I think the shotgun round is sold as a steel slug or something

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
shoot i live in florida and can't get the flame thrower ones, i can get the other ones i think tho, i wanna get those wire ones, that'd be cool.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

25 armour piercing bullets for $129.99!

Yeah there expensive even 3rds is $20 bucks on sale

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Why would you want flame thrower bullets?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by White_Devil
shoot i live in florida and can't get the flame thrower ones, i can get the other ones i think tho, i wanna get those wire ones, that'd be cool.

You have to pay a HAZMAT charge on shipping too for that round ouch. Laws vary from state to state so it gets confusing what you can and can't buy.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Why would you want flame thrower bullets?

I have no clue , but It shoots a 250ft flame and they have to tell you "Don�t shoot indoors"

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
But their is no point. It's no good for hunting, so it should be classed as an assualt weapon!

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
easy kid we're americans, you start saying it should be classified as an assault weapon you are liable to step on some toes. I will explain the flamethrower round for you as long as you promise not to go all assault weapon ban on us.

Basically the flamethrower round has no concrete use, not only that but it burns barrells up quickly! That being said, the flamethrower and bolo round, even the armor piercing and flechette rounds are used by people that go out to deserts and woods on the weekends get real trashed and shoot fence posts, dead machinery, and old mattresses. So it's basic use is it looks really freaking cool!! that's it. As far as gangs getting ahold of riot guns, they've got them in droves and they get used occassionally. If I recall correct you are in the UK where guns are now banned and have been hard to get for a very long time. So I will explain the american psyche or common man's psyche as it were. First America is real big which means we've got space to play in, second we are all more or less pyromaniacs. Seriously if you are going to burn something or blow it up americans will wait in line for a day to see 3 seconds of high ecxplosive napalm induced carnage. It is a genetic flaw hehe

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
In Holland guns are nearly banned, only for shooting indoors and hunting can you use your guns...not even in SELF DEFENSE for christ sakes...

The Saiga is a nice gun, esspecially if you don't want to pay big bucks for a SPAS-12...

and Shadow, the M40 AND not to forget the M24 are both based on the Remington 700...www.world.guns.ru...

Don't forget

Yeah the flamethrower sounds like fun but I would never use it, sounds a bit too dangerous...

If I'd had to defend my home with a shotgun, i'd probably use the pitbull, that Fleshette sounds nasty too...you would almost feel sorry for a bad guy...

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I doubt you will find any shotgun that holds a clip for the shells. All I have seen is double barrel, over and under or side by side which hold two shells, or a Pump gun that holds either five or three depending on the plug that is required by law in some states during duck season.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by dbates]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Saiga 12's have 8 round magazines, is that legal for hunting duck?

as for clip fed Shotguns, it's been done: world.guns.ru...

the MAG-7...!

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Saiga 12's have 8 round magazines, is that legal for hunting duck?

as for clip fed Shotguns, it's been done: world.guns.ru...

the MAG-7...!

Well I never stated it was not possible did I?
All I stated was I doubted it could be done.

I stand corrected.

E_T

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
From shotguns I would call USAS as real "room-cleaner".

world.guns.ru...

USAS-12 is feed from large capacity box or drum magazines, holding 10 and 20 rounds respectively...
USAS-12 is very bulky and heavy, but the large mass greatly improves the recoil control, especially in full automatic (bursts) mode.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
In respons to using more than 3-5 rounds in a shotgun in I think all states its illegal, and you can't use lead shot for ducks (Thanks EPA, Sarcasim). And if you want hunting rifle that was/is a sniper rifle the Remington 700 Series rifle was used by the US Army up to the recent adidition of newer guns to the arsinal.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Some really 'old' friends of mine who went to Malaya during the 60's, tell tales of Remington 870 (Bushmasters [?]) shotguns being used. Standard 12 guage shells until their armourer decided to beef up the anti-personnel capability as 12 bore did not have the 'punch' to stop the CT's from getting away.

To make your 'Malaysian Load', simply remove all pellets. Replace with magnum charge, add double-ought buck and 6 x 36 cal BB's in a small cup discharger [like hollow point].

Result? Man stopper!!!!! I've fired this from a SPAS-12 (best of the best) on semi-auto and 'destroyed' oil drum filled with water at just over 75 mtrs. Fcuking awesome!

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Some people were saying earlier that you could NOT buy an AK? wtf is that bs- dude i shot one before the ban was even lifted. Go to your local gun show and see for yourself. (P.S. ak's sucks (jams too much) get an AR-15)

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This is a previous thread with a video from the US Marine Scout/Sniper school demonstrating the power of the .50 round.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join